Is SweetFX safe?

Is SweetFX safe?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I’ve been thinking about using SweetFX lately, but I’m unsure if it truly is safe. I don’t want to lose an account that has five 80’s

I know you can be banned for 3rd party mods that give you an advantage, but this doesn’t really give you an advantage other than setting visuals to your liking.

If Gaile is reading this, or any other dev, can I get a confirmation that using SweetFX wont get you banned?

or, if someone has a link to a previous thread where a dev commented on this, could you link that for me, I’d like an actual “You won’t get banned for this” statement so if it does get banned, I’ll be able to get my account back.

Also, if you have been banned while using SweetFX and only SweetFX, were you able to get your account back after contacting GW2 customer support?

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i never heard of anyone got banned for using injector. even Wooden Potato is using it, and he is still around…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Yeah, sweetfx is fine.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Is SweetFX safe?

Jordo.5913

do you guys personally use this and if so, for how long?

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

There’s actually quite a number of people that use that mod, and I don’t think they’ll ban you for using it.

If nothing else, WoodenPotatoes is very public about his use of SweetFX and GemFX, so they would have to ban him for using it if they were going to ban you for using it, which is not really in their best interests.

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

do you guys personally use this and if so, for how long?

I’ve used it for quite a while now. Maybe a year or so? Probably a bit longer then that even.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Sweetfx is perfectly fine as it does not give any gameplay advantage over those who are not using it and it doesn’t modify existing game files in anyway. I’ve been using it for well over 2 years now without any issues.

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

not that it works anymore, i have it installed but it’s not even doing anything while it worked perfectly fine back around February.

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

not that it works anymore, i have it installed but it’s not even doing anything while it worked perfectly fine back around February.

You have to put some of the Sweetfx files into the bin subdirectory to get it working again. I can’t remeber which ones and can’t check atm but I’m sure someone else can chime in.

Is SweetFX safe?

Jordo.5913

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

SweetFX is nothing but a DirectX proxy. Its also a bit impossible to detect unless ANet does the extra length. I don’t see why they would. There is no unfair advantage in altering the draw calls, in the case of SweetFX that is.

Is SweetFX safe?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I could never go back after using sweetfx for half a year now. The default gw2 colors are a bit bland compared to some of the presets you can get in sweetfx.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore