Is This Game Actually Fun?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Nothing in life is fun if you keep doing the samethings repeatedly without new experiences.

Welcome to being a gamer where you do play the same games over and over with different names.

You may not like mmorpg or simply have not found a group that you can have fun with. That tents to make mmorpgs fun the group you play with.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I miss the trinity. There I said it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I miss the trinity. There I said it.

The issue is not the trinity but that they never replaced it with anything.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Inb4 someone says “Subjective”

Meh, that’s where I was going to go with this: “Define fun”.

But it is just that: subjective. It depends on how you determine your own fun. I watched
this on YouTube the other day, and maybe it’ll help you work out, in a fun way, what it is you like regarding gaming. From there on in, you can apply that to GW2 – and in a fair appraisal of all its parts, from your own PoV (no one else can really do this for you). Then you can decide if it’s actually fun by your own personal definition.

My answer, for me, is yes. Yes it’s fun.
For you, OP, it sounds like it’s not fun. Conduct your fair appraisal as above, and see if you continue to believe that, and you have your answer.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

If you aren’t having fun, go play or do something else.

every time the same words.

my opinion: no. for now, it’s more disappointment for recent changes than fun. so yes…no gw2 on my ssd until a miracle occurs.

Apparently the game not residing on your hard drive doesn’t keep you from the forums though, eh?

Why should it?

People that are not playing at the moment or have removed it from their hard drive are still customers they still have active accounts.

They may even have an interest in the game even if it’s just hoping things will improve.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

OP, it just sounds like you need a break. Nothing wrong with that. Take some time off. Read book, play a different game, watch a tv series you’ve been meaning to catch up on. The game will still be here when you come back (and it won’t even require you to pay $15 a month to access your account).

Ok sure, so you miss some LS stuff. Big deal. It’s not the end of the world. And there will always be more of that anyway…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

but I’ve got several hundred hours solely on my Elementalist.

Make an alt. I would recommend a Necro – still levelling mine up but the way they play is unique and a fun experience.

Lately, I find myself logging in, doing the daily, maybe working towards whatever current LS achievements there are, and that’s about it.

PvE is quite bleh at the moment.

WvW is still a zergfest

They have since improved the skill lag situation; and as it turns out zergfests can be fun in small doses. 3/5 skills may not go off in a SM 3-way but at least now some do and it’s good old faceroll fun – a lot like shooting fish in a barrel.

Champ Train farming, or grinding my eyeballs

Ignore ascended.

competitive with the rest of the players, especially in WvW content

Those extra 5% stats won’t make a difference; especially because of the zerg meta.

Globs of Dark Matter

In order to get to level 500 crafting you need to discover exotics – you can then salvage those exotics to not only get back some of the materials you used to create them, but also dark matter.

in direct opposition to the original goal.

ANet could have a second look at the manefesto – they are starting to veer off the straight and narrow.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working