Is Transfer Chaser daily or?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I think everyone waiting at Highpass Haven agrees now that it would be cool if Anet let us know whether that achievement is time gated as daily and we should go something more useful rather than AFKing there for hours. Since there is no valid information about that in corresponding achievements section.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I’m guessing it is daily, i waited 3 hours(went afk and did something else) then got irritated and went to bed, only to find she didn’t show. So, she most likely is daily.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why wait around for hours? If she hasn’t moved from Frostgorge in several hours, when she does move, she will stay in Snowden Drifts for the same amount of hours.

Certainly unlikely she would spend several hours in Frostgorge, then move and only spend a few minutes in Snowden Drifts. Plenty to do on that map (if one feels they must stay there) or in other areas of the game whilst waiting. Check back in the map, ask in other Map Chats, consult sources for updates; anything but standing around lamenting the fact she hasn’t moved. At least, that would seem to be the logical thing to do.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Why wait around for hours? If she hasn’t moved from Frostgorge in several hours, when she does move, she will stay in Snowden Drifts for the same amount of hours.

Certainly unlikely she would spend several hours in Frostgorge, then move and only spend a few minutes in Snowden Drifts. Plenty to do on that map (if one feels they must stay there) or in other areas of the game whilst waiting. Check back in the map, ask in other Map Chats, consult sources for updates; anything but standing around lamenting the fact she hasn’t moved. At least, that would seem to be the logical thing to do.

Because noone knew when she was supposed to move. Could have been 10,20,30min or an hour. when you spoke to the NPC, it sounded like she will move “soon” which she doesn’t.If you go the haven, you’ll still see people waiting there, because “noone knows”.

Proud TTS member

(edited by steve.2945)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I agree waiting around is just pointless, hence why I’m finishing off the earlier snowdon current event achievements.

What I don’t understand is why any waiting around is necessary at all as part of the design. It doesn’t really matter if ppl finish off the content quickly – in this day and age devs should be aware of a different gaming mentality where players are less patient than yesteryear and should adapt accordingly. There has been far greater calls recently to feedback about wanting less artificial gating, especially in these events.

Hope fully they have learned from the last 2 events now and make it a more organic playing experience. Spawn camping has no place in a progressive MMO like GW2 imo.

On the plus side, I like the overall theme behind the event and the rewards associated with completing

Posted by: Mel.8495

Mel.8495

it is still in frostgorge sound, same as yesterday. so it is surely not resetting at the same time as dailies do

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

it is still in frostgorge sound, same as yesterday. so it is surely not resetting at the same time as dailies do

That might be because of the rollback, though.

Randulf.7614

Indeed, the rollback re-patched the client so it’s still “day one”

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Indeed, the rollback re-patched the client so it’s still “day one”

Some people won’t like it if they miss at least one day of that achievemnent. Waiting whole week again just for one missed daily is frustrating at least.

Mel.8495

Depends how they coded it, if they hardcoded in a shedule it might switch when patch hit yesterday

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m guessing it’s a progressive daily achievement, as with the Wintersday chain to acquire the Gift Tree for your home instance. My theory:

• Like the discovery of the sensors, the quest progresses differently for each account.
  • People can only complete one map per day.

Thus, those who completed FGS today will be able to complete snowden tomorrow and so on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was always confused why players insisted on sitting in a map and then complain about it. They did this during the last update as well when it was known that the champs were on a timer and could easily be checked if you had the item in your inventory. If players choose to sit in a map over doing other things, it’s entirely on them.

I’m pretty sure that the timer intervals would not be random. If it were two hours then players could do the first map and check back in 90 minutes. If the NPC hasn’t moved then check back in an hour. If it still hasn’t move then they can check back in two hours or assume it is daily.

Randulf.7614

I was always confused why players insisted on sitting in a map and then complain about it. They did this during the last update as well when it was known that the champs were on a timer and could easily be checked if you had the item in your inventory. If players choose to sit in a map over doing other things, it’s entirely on them.

I’m pretty sure that the timer intervals would not be random. If it were two hours then players could do the first map and check back in 90 minutes. If the NPC hasn’t moved then check back in an hour. If it still hasn’t move then they can check back in two hours or assume it is daily.

It’s a psychological thing. When in doubt wait it out, has long been a player driven philosophy in MMO’s, partly due to the old spawn camping days and partly because when they see a few ppl gather, they start to gather themselves thinking something is imminent. It may seem foolish, but it is how it is.

So whilst it is in part a player problem it also guided by poor game design. You are right that the previous event had some guidance as to when something would appear, but this event pretty much indicates you can go straight to the next map and continue on. There is no indication that there should be waiting around for an NPC.

This is the 3rd round of events feedback has been given about waiting times on events or at least improving the clarity of the information provided. They listened earlier on with the current events, but they’ve reverted back recently.

If it is a daily spawn, as silly as I think that is for this kind of event, at least have the NPC say “tomorrow I will move onto Snowdon – meet me there to continue the sensor sweeps” or something. Clear. Precise. No misunderstandings. No spawn campings.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol, when she says, “I’m going to move that way soon;…”, it should have been a tip-off. Everyone is familiar with ArenaNet ‘soon’.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Lol, when she says, “I’m going to move that way soon;…”, it should have been a tip-off. Everyone is familiar with ArenaNet ‘soon’.

Haha, 2,5 years later.. “Okay, let’s move!”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wonder if more people would have realized the wait was longer if she had said:
" I’m going to move that way soon™ "

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah, I don’t know how to put the little trademark sign in.

But, yes…probably. Lol.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yeah, I don’t know how to put the little trademark sign in.

But, yes…probably. Lol.

Three ways to get the symbol in:

• ( tm ) — without the spaces
  • google “trademark symbol” and copy from the results
  • Use the windows “alt code”, “0153” (with numlock on, hold ‘alt’ while typing the four numbers)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks™.

Randulf.7614

She hasn’t moved post reset yet

There’s more ppl at Snowden than at Tequatl lol

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I know they love their little mysteries but telling us how this functions will go a long way.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

She’s on a yearly schedule.

Come next year at 5th anniversary for a follow-up to this current event.

Mel.8495

Looks like weekly. I hate to be right after jokingly suggest this to my guildies, they laughed at me

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You know, I don’t mind things being on a timer. I also don’t mind having to puzzle out where to start things and how to do the achievement; I enjoy that. But it’d be nice to at least be told the schedule for parts of the new events. Or to at least not have the NPC say “I’m heading to this new location SOON” if it’s actually going to be a day (or multiple days) until she actually moves.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

What gives? Anyone know when she moves? It doesn’t seem to be a daily reset, or hourly from what I saw yesterday. Is the master plan to have players sitting around doing nothing for hours?

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is the master plan to have players sitting around doing nothing for hours?

If it is, “plan failed” — I’ll never sit around for more than 20 minutes waiting for an event. I’ll do something else instead.

Of course, I’d like there to be a better indication of what we are waiting for in the game and failing that, a comment from the devs (or a hint that we haven’t figured it out yet). But, given that they are busy with the aftermath of the rollback, I’m not worried. The worst that happens is that it’s something we can only progress every so often; I don’t “need” to know today if that’s what it is.

Randulf.7614

So i assume we are working on weekly as the rotation? I guess the notes specifying Tremors in the North mean she is in FG until the notes update next week or e en the following Tuesday.

I hope if it is that long, ppl can still do frostgorge to start the achievement

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The consensus in-game yesterday was that she moves to the new location a day after you complete the collection in her current location.

For example I went to Frostgorge and completed the collection there, then I went down to Snowden and I couldn’t see her, but other people who had done the collection the day before said that they could.

I assume she moves during the daily reset, but I don’t know for sure.

Also for what it’s worth this system is highly preferable to me than her moving to a new location for everyone, every day. I’m one of the people who is highly likely to be unable to play every single day, so if she was on a fixed cycle I’d probably miss a day and then have to wait 5 days or whatever for her to move back to the location I need. This way at least I can pick up where I left off.

(And as for the “waiting to have fun” complaint surely that only applies if this is the only thing you have left to do in GW2 and GW2 is the only thing you have to do for fun. Otherwise once you’ve completed it for one day you can go away and do something else, instead of sitting there waiting for her to move.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm. I thought the servers didn’t come up until after reset, and were rolled back to the beginning of the patch (thus anyone who had done the Frostgorge part had to re-do it), so, since there’s only been one reset since the servers have been back online, I’m not sure how some have managed to get her to spawn in Snowden.

Unless, of course, it has nothing to do with reset.

I’ve tried checking in Snowden, periodically, for over 28 hours, and still no Seis. /shrug

I’m hoping it is triggered by reset, and she will move later today.

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

i think its bad if she moves weekly, say if i miss week 1 in fg im waiting 5 weeks to finish the achievment that is just stuipd

Randulf.7614

Looks like it could be weekly. The patch notes said “tremors in the north” which cryptically could refer to Earthshake Waypoint in FG. I expect another patch notes next week could refer to the next location.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

‘I think we got them all here, meet me in Highpass Haven’
two days later: still in frostgorge sound.

bugged, broken or just lazy beyond repair?

Amaimon.7823

Still in frostgorge sound, might be weekly.. or even worse.. biweekly

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Alot of people think, me included, that normally she would have moved to Highpass Haven, but due to the rollback npc thinks it is still tuesday.
So probably next reset.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Would be unusual to get another patch next week.

Randulf.7614

Would be unusual to get another patch next week.

Maybe the week after then. Either way I think this event implementation is bordering on unusual as it currently stands

Posted by: Greyling.4768

Greyling.4768

People keep asking for any sort of clarification from Anet about this NPC here, on Reddit, and Twitter, but we get nothing. Can someone at least tell us if the event is working correctly?

Opal X-fire [iQ][GAME][LoA]
x=Secret, Soul, Black, Mini, Quick, Coal, Spell, Wild, Blade, Mist
Fashion Collector

Amaimon.7823

Events like these where you know nothing are kinda bad. I mean, we could wait for the next reset, and the next, and for all we know the moving could be each tuesday patch, or worse, biweekly, or even worse yet, monthly.
“Play however you want, but we exactly here on a specific time of which we do not tell you when”

Dominik.5162

Normally i would disagree, because i am in the camp of people who think that players should figure stuff out on their own. Espeacially in MMOs.
But in this case, the rollback might have made things more confusing for this event, so a clarification would be nice

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Amaimon.7823

A dev knows thos, but a dev does not tell a player. A player remains in the unknown.
A man really wants to know when a charr moves.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think 1 week (or more) timegate is inappropriate for this kind of content. I hope it is just bugged.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Amaimon.7823

Normally i would disagree, because i am in the camp of people who think that players should figure stuff out on their own. Espeacially in MMOs.
But in this case, the rollback might have made things more confusing for this event, so a clarification would be nice

There’s a difference between figuring stuff out and waiting around for god knows for god knows how long.
What I mean is, I liked the scavenger hunt. Figuring out how the device worked and then chasing the magics, that was a good kind of event. But figuring something out is only meaningfull if your train of thought has a starting point.

Dominik.5162

There’s a difference between figuring stuff out and waiting around for god knows for god knows how long.
What I mean is, I liked the scavenger hunt. Figuring out how the device worked and then chasing the magics, that was a good kind of event. But figuring something out is only meaningfull if your train of thought has a starting point.

I agree, a better solution might have been to have a marker on the map she currently is on.
That way everybody can easily see in which map she currently is on.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

This is NOT a correct way to do a CURRENT event…. Just sayin Devs…

Amaimon.7823

I think it’s safe to say; if the hasn’t moved by this evening, then it’s propably gonna be next tuesday

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

Oh come on… I really hope she is not moving once a week. Someone from ANet please, clarify this.

If it’s moving 1 map per week, when can we expect the next episode of LS3? in August 2017 ?!

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Or maybe the rollback somehow broke the NPC’S timing.

Amaimon.7823

Or maybe the rollback somehow broke the NPC’S timing.

it propably did, but that was tuesday, its now thursday post-time, so if it did reset the day, it should’ve moved by now. Therefore, it propably is a weekly move

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Except the servers didn’t come online until after reset on Tuesday, so back online on Wednesday (UTC). Maybe the program says “Don’t move for one full day”, which would mean moving after Thursday’s (today’s) reset.

Or not…who knows? The only thing we will know for sure, barring some Dev statement, is if she moves at reset (or not) today.