Is Transfer Chaser daily or?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Greyling.4768

Greyling.4768

Normally i would disagree, because i am in the camp of people who think that players should figure stuff out on their own. Espeacially in MMOs.
But in this case, the rollback might have made things more confusing for this event, so a clarification would be nice

There’s a difference between figuring stuff out and waiting around for god knows for god knows how long.
What I mean is, I liked the scavenger hunt. Figuring out how the device worked and then chasing the magics, that was a good kind of event. But figuring something out is only meaningfull if your train of thought has a starting point.

I agree, a better solution might have been to have a marker on the map she currently is on.
That way everybody can easily see in which map she currently is on.

Or maybe the NPC could have given us a basic time frame?

Something like, “It’s like that old saying: better to have more. Anyway, the sensors you retrieved show a drift toward the southwest. I’m going to move that way soon; meet up with me at Highpass Haven next week/in a few days.”

Or even, “… meet up with me at Highpass Haven. I’ll send you a message when I get there,” and then we get a letter in the mail when she moves.

Anything.

Opal X-fire [iQ][GAME][LoA]
x=Secret, Soul, Black, Mini, Quick, Coal, Spell, Wild, Blade, Mist
Fashion Collector

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So with the last patch the new achievement Transfer Chaser was added in the current events given by Seis Burnheart.

i’ve looked around the forums and reddit and this was just NOT CLEAR to me.

My question is since there are 5 locations, i found the first sensor location in her current map which is Frostgorge Sound, she hasn’t moved her spot(as the other forum posts have mentioned), does this mean that:

1) If i get the locator again from her and find locations in the SAME MAP, that i won’t progress on my achievement until she moves to another map?

or

2) Can i just keep doing the same map to finish all 5 sensor locations.

I’m asking so that i don’t waste my time doing it, there are alot of better things to do in the game than a rewardless scavenger hunt. So can anyone confirm if i should continue doing this or wait for her to move?

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Posted by: Greyling.4768

Greyling.4768

You’ll have to wait for her to move. Repeating the hunt in Frostgorge rewards you nothing additional and does not advance the event.

We do not know when she will be moving to Highpass Haven. All we know is that she says that’s where she will be next. As of an hour ago she had not moved out of FGS.

Opal X-fire [iQ][GAME][LoA]
x=Secret, Soul, Black, Mini, Quick, Coal, Spell, Wild, Blade, Mist
Fashion Collector

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

ah thx for the info, not gonna waste more energy on her then. thx again.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

It’s going on 3 days now and Seis is still in Frostgorge. When is she going to actually move. If this is supposed to be a time gated event you may want to tell everyone. And if it is once a day, fine. But currently you can’t even advance it beyond Frostgorge.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

the first 2 days can be acounted to the rollback. but if it didn’t move today then assume its a weekly move

Heibi.4251

Last night she should have moved at reset at least. If she moves tonight, cool. But at least there should be some kind of note telling us how long we have to wait in between sensor hunts.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

You’ll have to wait for her to move. Repeating the hunt in Frostgorge rewards you nothing additional and does not advance the event.

We do not know when she will be moving to Highpass Haven. All we know is that she says that’s where she will be next. As of an hour ago she had not moved out of FGS.

Yea, I’m not sure why she even offers it to you again.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Yea, I’m not sure why she even offers it to you again.

Because some people enjoy the scavenger hunt nature of her quest, and it gives people something to do while waiting for the next step.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It may also be offered again because if the player does not finish the ‘quest’ in 30 minutes, the player must return to Seis and accept the ‘quest’ once again.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think you may also get xp for repeating. It looked like that when I tried anyway

Randulf.7614

Just so ppl are aware, she did not move with todays reset either.

Still really don’t know why we can’t get confirmation of rotation to whether there is a bug.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, it seems like a staffer could maybe come into one of these threads and tell everyone how it’s supposed to work, so we don’t wonder.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Bummer.

Maybe they will address it on tomorrow’s Livestream. Fingers crossed.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

It is bad for the players.This lack of clearance if causing many ppl to just waste hours w8ing for an event just because it isnt clear to the so they can go and do something else more prodictive instead of w8ing.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Yeah, it seems like a staffer could maybe come into one of these threads and tell everyone how it’s supposed to work, so we don’t wonder.

Maybe they don’t know either and they are looking for an answer.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Why is anyone wasting hours standing around just hoping she’ll move? That’s just silly. Even if it is bugged and she’s meant to move daily or something, that gives you a whole DAY to do the event. And its not like you have to wait for certain periods of time during that day to do it, its always available. See if she’s moved, if she hasn’t, go on with your life. Camping her hoping she’ll move is pointless.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

Still in frostgorge sound, might be weekly.. or even worse.. biweekly

Is that twice a week or every two weeks?

Posted by: Plazar.8946

Plazar.8946

I bet there is no bug, and she will move but first you must do something (event or idk) to move her. For me, this feels like a Nightwing all over again ???? It was amazing, trying everything to find the recipe and devs laughing their kitten off ????

zealex.9410

in fact it is stupid yes but can you blame human nature? they just want to experience the new thing when its out thats the thing with mmos so ofc ppl would w8 for its continuation so they can be a step closer to the reward

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

So I guess until we see otherwise its bugged or weekly at this point; clarification would be nice but I’m doubt we’ll see it. Time to go kill some more Mordrem.

Heibi.4251

I think the problem here is she says “I’ll be moving soon” or something to that effect. Soon is NOT a week. I could see a day, but not a week. And players are getting very frustrated with this. They go to the next map she says she’ll be in and wait. Then after realizing she isn’t coming, 30 min or more later, they leave. And they keep checking back to see if she has arrived yet only to find out she’s still in Frostgorge.

ANeT, at least give us an idea of the timing here. We enjoy the hunt in this one, just not the uncertainty.

Posted by: angryangel.8541

angryangel.8541

I repeated the achievement in Frostgorge Sound to see what would happen, and I got a couple T6 materials as a reward. So, you do get something, but it certainly doesn’t advance the achievement any further than that one map :/ It would really be lovely to get an official word on the timer.

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

I think the devs are still fixing the bugs that were introduced in this update that they are not completely focused on this bug since it works partially. Probably why the lack of response.

The current events seems like a punishment game from how I see it. previous current events are designed to punish players for not joining in while the event is still fresh so they will have a hard time getting achievements now, and this new current event seems to punish players for trying to get the achievement done in one day. (Disclaimer: this is a sarcastic joke not to be taken seriously)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Considering updates are every 2 weeks and there’s 5 locations according to the achievement, at this point, the earliest it may change is on Friday, at the daily reset to be simple. If not, there’s no point checking back until the weekly reset and if not then, it’s safe to assume it’ll only change with the 2 week updates.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

so ontop of the NPC’s mocking us with comments of “How much longer do we have to wait” every 3 minutes, I noticed 2 anet staffers sitting there in the map waiting as well. I cant tell if they are there to laugh at all us sitting there complaining and being mocked by the npc’s or if they truly don’t know whats going on either. my moneys is on the laughing… but that’s just my 2 cents…

anyways, there is absolutely no reason we should not have comms on this. Ive seen gaile and Co. respond to lesser things then this.

Heibi.4251

Considering updates are every 2 weeks and there’s 5 locations according to the achievement, at this point, the earliest it may change is on Friday, at the daily reset to be simple. If not, there’s no point checking back until the weekly reset and if not then, it’s safe to assume it’ll only change with the 2 week updates.

But that is the point. What is the current movement timeline? ANeT has left players with no clues.

Randulf.7614

so ontop of the NPC’s mocking us with comments of “How much longer do we have to wait” every 3 minutes, I noticed 2 anet staffers sitting there in the map waiting as well. I cant tell if they are there to laugh at all us sitting there complaining and being mocked by the npc’s or if they truly don’t know whats going on either. my moneys is on the laughing… but that’s just my 2 cents…

anyways, there is absolutely no reason we should not have comms on this. Ive seen gaile and Co. respond to lesser things then this.

Prob wanting to see what if there is genuine fuss in game or not more than likely.

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

She still hasn’t moved? or did I miss it and she back in Frostgorge

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

She moves so fast that she always appears in FGS but nowhere else.

Randulf.7614

Any mention on the livestream?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No, the livestream went through the history of the game (entertainingly), with little insights into the devs’ evil evil minds, but didn’t get too much into HoT and later stuff. It was a retrospective rather than a current state-of.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

so ontop of the NPC’s mocking us with comments of “How much longer do we have to wait” every 3 minutes,

It’s less than every 3 minutes and I swear I want to kill Jorg-with-a foot-bigger-than-the Lionguard’s.

I noticed 2 anet staffers sitting there in the map waiting as well.
I cant tell if they are there to laugh at all us sitting there complaining and being mocked by the npc’s or if they truly don’t know whats going on either. my moneys is on the laughing… but that’s just my 2 cents…

How did you know they were ANet staffers? I’m genuinely curious. I don’t think I have ever seen one.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Maybe they want it to be mysterious… /shrug

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Has anyone done more than 1 run at Frostgorge Sound?

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Has anyone done more than 1 run at Frostgorge Sound?

I did a second run, like Seis suggests we can do for her. But nothing happened: I found them all, then the buff was removed., then when I returned to her she gave me the same dialogue as the beginning. Now reward, nothing. I’m assuming it’s not working as intended right now.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

so ontop of the NPC’s mocking us with comments of “How much longer do we have to wait” every 3 minutes,

It’s less than every 3 minutes and I swear I want to kill Jorg-with-a foot-bigger-than-the Lionguard’s.

I cant tell if they are there to laugh at all us sitting there complaining and being mocked by the npc’s or if they truly don’t know whats going on either. my moneys is on the laughing… but that’s just my 2 cents…

How did you know they were ANet staffers? I’m genuinely curious. I don’t think I have ever seen one.

ANet staff, when they are repping their official guild, have a unique guild tag that is the red ArenaNet logo.

As seen in this screenshot.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

She moves so fast that she always appears in FGS but nowhere else.

lol I guess so!

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

this needs to be addressed

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

this needs to be addressed

Why? Seis will eventually move and we’ll either find out that there was an in-game lore reason or not, that it was a bug or not… or we won’t find out. Regardless, we’ll still be able to complete the associated events, just not as soon as we hoped.

I’d also prefer being able to progress the collection; I just don’t see the urgency.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Whatever the reason is that Seis doesn’t move, this is not the way ArenaNet should make a current event. I am not playing GW2 to wait forever on an NPC. That is no fun. And no, I am not sitting in the map for hours. I log on to the character in Snowden Drift every few hours to check if Seis is there. But that is no fun.

So if this is a bug, just tell us. If this is intended, never do this again please.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Ylthan.1693

Ylthan.1693

Never the less it would be nice if we could have some intell…
Right now the only thing that event is bringing is frustration.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

ANet staff, when they are repping their official guild, have a unique guild tag that is the red ArenaNet logo.

As seen in this screenshot.

Ah, I’ve never seen such tags. Thanks for the info!

As for Seis Lazyheart, I stopped paying attention to her very existence after the second day she didn’t appear in Highpass Haven. Really, I prefer doing other activities than waiting for the …Charr that never comes. I was very annoyed at first with this event and ANet’s design, but then I decided to forget all about it. Heck, I even went and tried the new basketball activity, only to find out I’m horribly terrible at it.

(edited by Neurion.4086)

zealex.9410

theres also the fact that you can simply get the mats needed and just w8 for the collection to pop up so you can view the reward and if you then realise you dont want it sell the mats and maybe make so profit out of it

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah she is is still in Frostgorge for me and it has been days :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

It’s been a few days so my memory may be fuzzy, but I got the Transfer Chaser achievement for doing the first 5 sensors. Then I did it again and am pretty sure that’s when I got the Sensor Scouter achievement. Or am I wrong?

Attachments:

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s been a few days so my memory may be fuzzy, but I got the Transfer Chaser achievement for doing the first 5 sensors. Then I did it again and am pretty sure that’s when I got the Sensor Scouter achievement. Or am I wrong?

Transfer Chaser unlocks by talking to Seis (first thing listed for that achievement). And I got Sensor Scouter from completing the Frostgorge sensors the first time.

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

This is exactly why I have started playing WoW on the side. Anet, I guess, believes that making an hours worth of content and then timegating it is acceptable to keep people occupied.

To be honest, I would log in daily to complete this achievment, but if it’s weekly? Then I will never bother with it, it’s just annoying to have to keep up with the timegating of GW2 when I could just play ANY other game and actually have content I don’t have to wait to play.

I would rather ANet just let us players complete this achiev in a day and be honest with themselves that they have created just that, an hours worth of content, instead of pretending they’ve made a lot of content by timegating it. It’s a cheap and ineffective way of occupying players time.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

With this pace Seis can stay in Frostgorge just as long as she wants, people will stop caring :P

Especially without knowing what the schedule really is, and probably not even getting a notice when she actually does move.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

I want to believe…

1. This event was not supposed to work this way.
2. Something went wrong with the release, they did a roll back and fixed the big problem.
3. There are still problems in the release and they are working them but very, very carefully.
4. Some devs are nervous, are second guessing themselves, and don’t want to make that same kind of error again.

I too would like a rep to say “yeah, that’s not the way it was supposed to work” but don’t expect to hear that soon.

On the other hand if this is what they actually intended… then what the hey?

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro