Is Transfer Chaser daily or?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

What if there’s the off chance that Seis moves by the amount of sensors she receives? I mean, she even says she almost has all the sensors.

The fact that two staff members visited could also mean that Anet was seeing if this method of gating was more efficient than timegating, and that when players realize Seis is gated based on the sensors players obtain, the event would kick into full gear.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

What if there’s the off chance that Seis moves by the amount of sensors she receives? I mean, she even says she almost has all the sensors.

The fact that two staff members visited could also mean that Anet was seeing if this method of gating was more efficient than timegating, and that when players realize Seis is gated based on the sensors players obtain, the event would kick into full gear.

If that was the case, it might have been wise to inform us about it :P

And add some kind of counter. People have been doing it for days now after all and nothing.

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

This would be acceptable, but no communication both in game or from the devs in days would suggest that this isn’t at all how this is intended to work.

Looks like Anet’s worst enemy, communication, has reared it ugly head again…

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Its classic Anet to let us in the dark about everything
But I think its a weekly or biweekly rotation, Anet loves to stretch their tiny amounts of content into infinity

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

She’s still in Frostgorge? Seriously, ANet, tell us if this is intended or a bug. Please?

Their silence points towards it being intentional, in my opinion. I could be wrong. But . . . yeah.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

She’s still in Frostgorge? Seriously, ANet, tell us if this is intended or a bug. Please?

Their silence points towards it being intentional, in my opinion. I could be wrong. But . . . yeah.

But then again most of the devs replies have been to thank you type posts and announcements (sales, vids etc.). Except when a major problem arises like last week and suddenly the devs are more active in the forums and are able to use it to pass info and respond. Crisis has passed and very limited dev activity seems to have resumed. But it is the weekend, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The dev team likely hasn’t responded because this is all drumming up discussion. And that’s exactly what any dev of a game usually wants – speculation is usually good fuel for a game. I don’t agree with that stance here and it is a shame not to see interaction over the current events since by and large I like these little fillers as a concept.

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

My guess is that she moves weekly. I really hope she does, because if she moves at certain times during the day, that would suck.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

My guess is that she moves weekly. I really hope she does, because if she moves at certain times during the day, that would suck.

She does. She’s in Snowden Drifts right now. Lornar’s Pass is a week from now.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No need for them to respond as it appears that it is weekly. She’s in Snowden right now and will move to Lornars in a week.

Posted by: EttinTracker.6504

EttinTracker.6504

Finally, Seis moved. Next, she’ll go to Nentor’s mine, maybe [&BCoBAAA=].

Malediktus.3740

Looks like Seis moves every Sunday

Malediktus.3740

forum bug

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Daddy never does PvE, but when he does, he wants the quests to work.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s safe to say she moved this Sunday UTC and I’ll certainly check in 7 days.

Still, given ANet Consistency™, it wouldn’t surprise me if she moved to another zone on a different day next week or next month or…

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

It’s safe to say she moved this Sunday UTC and I’ll certainly check in 7 days.

Still, given ANet Consistency™, it wouldn’t surprise me if she moved to another zone on a different day next week or next month or…

She moved. That’s all we know for certain. At this point it could be she moves every Sunday. She could also move every 5 days (since it’s 5 days ago the patch went live), or every 4 days maybe, considering the rollback. Or perhaps it was a bug after all, silently fixed and she’ll move again after the next reset. Until she moves a third time there’s no way to be 100% sure.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Has she moved from FG completely? Do we know if she will rotate back for those who missed the first map?

Posted by: Modi.3864

Modi.3864

you can still do the first map, there’s an npc.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So, they merged all these Scythe Burntsloth posts into one big pile, but didnt bother to leave a one sentence comment : “its working as intended” or “its bugged, were fixing it”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, they merged all these Scythe Burntsloth posts into one big pile, but didnt bother to leave a one sentence comment : “its working as intended” or “its bugged, were fixing it”

Bugged or not, it’s working now, as indicated in these merged threads.

Good luck.

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

I don’t think it was ever bugged at all. I think this was how it was meant to work, because if theres supposed to be more content after this current event is finished, whether it be LS3 Epi 2 or something else entirely, why would they give it to us in just 5 days? They need time to finish whatever they were working on, if there is to be new content after this.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I don’t think it was ever bugged at all. I think this was how it was meant to work, because if theres supposed to be more content after this current event is finished, whether it be LS3 Epi 2 or something else entirely, why would they give it to us in just 5 days? They need time to finish whatever they were working on, if there is to be new content after this.

Current Events have been released on a biweekly basis so far, but this is the first time they’ve drawn out the activities you need to perform over so much time. Sure, there was the repeatable bandit slayer achievement, but that was just the achievement that took so much time, not the story element of it. This story with Seis Burntheart will still be going when the next Current Events patch hits, in 8 days (assuming there is a new Current Events patch next week, that is). That has not been the case for previous patches, since they could all be completed within a day or two at most. And new content still followed, 2 weeks later, continuing this new story/achievement category. And it’s not as if they create every single Current Event story from scratch in 2 weeks time. The time we need to finish this and the time ANet needs to create and release consecutive Current Event patches do not correlate the way you imply they do.

Posted by: gashen.3874

gashen.3874

I have just completed this ridiculous task, I found all 5 sensors in 20 minutes, so well in the time limit. then nothing, no points,no reward NOTHING. is this bugged

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have just completed this ridiculous task, I found all 5 sensors in 20 minutes, so well in the time limit. then nothing, no points,no reward NOTHING. is this bugged

You need to do it in all 5 maps for the achievement …

Once you figure out how it works it is also very easy so I don’t see anything ridiculous about it. Just a bit of waypointing cost maybe.