Is any graphical overhaul planned?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Just returned after a long hiatus and really enjoying the game, even though the game’s age is starting to show. Don’t get me wrong, It still looks decent and do enjoy the painterly style, but was wondering if any future changes are in development to support higher visual fidelity.

That’s all

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Legendary Grenth.3561

Legendary Grenth.3561

run HoT on the old hardware, not so smooth.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

short easy answer no . just get your self a low end or middle of the road computer for this game . and you will be more than fine https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Minimum-System-Requirements-Clarification/first#post6675879

after 10,000 topics on this the drevs have came out a few times and said not going to ever happen for these reasons spaghetti code for one and two the whole game would have to be rewrote code wise to support newer video cards out like the 1080TI and so forth same goes for SLI and crossfire the game will never get that as well too

also the game will not support the new amd thread ripper cpus or any other newest hard ware like 4K that will never happen to this game too . as well as the game will never have the DXX9A upgraded to DX11 or 12 for that matter .

oh and you never get a better UI then you have right now is going to be the best you ever get with this game .

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/no-new-system-specs-Path-of-fire-no-buy/first

the only way this game will ever get any of them things ever is when and if they make

guild wars 3 .

and even then I would not hold my breath on it at all . as some seam to think using the latest and best hard ware is not need to play todays mmos . despite the fact that other games like ESO WOW and Destiny2 have SLI cross fire support 1080TI video cards 4K and even have DX11 .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

sweetfx and reshade are your friend mate.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

sweetfx and reshade are your friend mate.

id love it, if anet would finally make improved shaders and the like, in the graphics menue, which exactly allows the player to do ingame with the graphic options all those thigns, a player can do with sweet fx ect., so that people have to use thse 3rd party programs anymore just to visually enhance GW2.

Stuff like sweet fx should get basically officially supported and integrated into the game,, so that we have it as a feature in the game.
As long things like these are only useable as 3rd party programs, it basicalyl says out, that the devs are too incompetent to implement somethign similar in an own official way (meant with no offense)

I just mean, they should be interested to visually improve their game as good as possible, and stuff liek sweet fx clearly shows, how much unused potential is there.. so why should be players dependant on 3rd party programs, when we could get the same job done also officially by ANet self???
Sure, its easier and cheaper as a company to rely yourself on these things, basically saying – oh hey, there already exists something like that from outside of the game – no need anymore to do the effort self … but such a way of thinking doesn’t feel right to me.

personalyl Id also love to see it, if Naet could implement as a new Feature for Gemstore Sales also something like “Skill Skins”, starting with those of Minions, so that Engineers, Thieves, Elementalists, Necromancers, Guardians ect. could make their summon skills look different.

How much would I love to it buy different skill skins for my Necromancer to change the look of my minions to other scarrier/evil looking minions or into something more classical from GW1, like Hellhounds, Gargoyles, Flesh Reavers and a better looking Flesh Golem that looks more like the better looking GW1 version

Maybe hopefully eventually will come Skill Skins one day perhaps part of a next expansions “features”, when ANet is on search for a new gemstore sales feature that replaces mount skins.

Aside of this, I have quit my hopes to get to see in GW2 ever DX11 support

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I don’t understand why people keep asking for this when GW2 still looks better than most of the other MMOs, especially in HoT, LS3 and PoF.

There’s like two other MMOs out of thousands that beat it graphics wise, that’s it. And those games require subscriptions every month which means that, obviously, the developers are going to have more income to throw at everything than a freemium/B2P game such as Guild Wars 2.

Say it with me: GW2 is not an FPS.

That said I do wish that more functionality from SweetFX was implemented in the game so we don’t have to use third party tools for enhancements.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

no please don’t let there be a graphic overhaul :< my ancient old pc wouldn’t be able to handle it! T__T even now i struggle to get a stable 60 fps at all ..

and my pc doesn’t support anything higher than a dx9.

Besides the current graphics in gw2 are good!

it’s only those with super highend pcs that want the overhaul because they can afford it!

but the fact is that Anet developed the game this way with both mid end and low end pcs in mind! so everybody could play it decently even on old pcs! so don’t be selfish and only think of yourselves and your highend computers!

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

no please don’t let there be a graphic overhaul :< my ancient old pc wouldn’t be able to handle it! T__T even now i struggle to get a stable 60 fps at all ..

it’s only those with super highend pcs that want the overhaul because they can afford it!

but the fact is that Anet developed the game this way with both mid end and low end pcs in mind! so everybody could play it decently even on old pcs! so don’t be selfish and only think of yourselves and your highend computers!

well look at it from this point of view . if that does happen as a lot of us players want given the even more fact 4K is pretty normal these days for main use standards .

should this game get too much to play at least you can play wow. that is if they do not upgrade their low end specs yet again in the next pack they will put out . and wow is not that bad at all nor is ESO too both are very fun games . as well as this one

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

well look at it from this point of view . if that does happen as a lot of us players want given the even more fact 4K is pretty normal these days for main use standards .

should this game get too much to play at least you can play wow. that is if they do not upgrade their low end specs yet again in the next pack they will put out . and wow is not that bad at all nor is ESO too both are very fun games . as well as this one

You’re basing the bolded on what?

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

i tried WoW once, i didn’t like it :< i rather stay with my guildwars as i have since guildwars 1 factions. If Anet does decide to give Gw2 a graphics update then i will have no other choice but to upgrade my pc.

But i remember i read somewhere that Anet wants GW2 to be playable to everyone including the ones with low to mid end pc specs.

So i see no reason why Gw2 would do otherwise now.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

IMO a game that wants to get to many people have to choose the lower common denominator. Since technology is still expensive and the prime lower common denominator is money, it is ok they don’t target rich people with supercomputers as their principal consumer group.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks