Is anyone else in a "bleh" state in-game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

It doesn’t matter what online game I’m playing, it could be console or MMO, but whenever an expansion gets announced for a game I’m playing, I just kind of shut down playing it for a while.

I don’t really know if it’s to recharge the batteries and get a nice refreshing restart with the expac’s new content.

It makes sense in a way, simply because expansions come out, because people are getting dull with the game and are craving more content.

On my end though, I was going pretty hardcore after my legendary and leveling a Guardian pretty hardcore, but once Jan 21st happened, I just kind of shut down because I’d rather be playing the new shiny content.

Anyone else get like this?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Play another game, wait for HoT and its changes see if worths return back.

i ended myself atm “leeching” gw2 forum once in while and returned to my old p2p game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

i’m not really tired of the game though, it’s just the prospect of new shiny things to do in the expac is killing any joy i can find to do stuff in the current game haha

that being said, I do still go around and farm some world bosses and dailies

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I’m in a bleh state in PvP. It’s just an ocean of mesmers and power rangers, makes it both maddening and boring at the same time.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

opposite for me. I kicked into a whole new gear. Mostly because my mind keeps on telling me “but you don’t know when xpac is out. What if it’s too soon? What if you will go into it without finishing all of these glorious collections?”

my checklist for now:

- research the full T6 for my guild. Need to have those upgrades ready for more xpac driven upgrading!
- get the rest of my luminescent armour. Only head and gloves to go.
- get every skin from every dungeon. CoE done, 1 skin missing from AC, the rest have a long way to go.
- finish exotic weapon collector
- finish my meteorologicus
- gear up my two remaining alts

now if I have time:
- craft all the ambirite weapons
- craft mawrey
- raise all crafting professions from 400 to 500
- finish all achievements for living story
- finish personal story on 5 more characters
- do as close to full world explore on all remaining 8 of my characters as possible
- craft all the backpacks for the crafting professions
- get at least majority of karma skins (nearly done with all the karma armour).

but mostly I just really really want my dungeon collections and my luminescent armour.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I’m in a bleh state in PvP. It’s just an ocean of engineers and power rangers, makes it both maddening and boring at the same time.

ftfy
wait ur an engineer…no wonder :p

yeah def in a bleh state but its because HoT is still a bit aways and i dont see them adding much new content till then. Woulda been great if they released season 1 or SAB, maybe on april fools day?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Well, technically, I’m in a bleh state out-of-game, unless you count logging in daily then logging out. Last time I had one I stayed away through several months, and missed the end of Season 1. Not sure when I’ll do more than dabble in WvW now and then, tbh.

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Yeah I pretty much only log in for the daily reward, and then harvest my home instance, thats about it. I woulld do dungeon runs, but not really anything i need gold for atm, so why bother

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’m in a bleh state at the moment with the game, haven’t been logging on much lately. I mostly wvw, current server is in a bleh spot, got tired of roaming because of thieves and other cheap condi builds, zerging isn’t much fun when the other servers can bring fat numbers anytime anywhere.

Pve? silverwastes can only stand to do for one full event rotation of the map when I get really bored. I don’t care about skins, crafting legendaries, collections. Professions? my two favorites are mesmer and necro, can’t find a comfortable spec for them right now. Other ones I don’t want to throw gold into changing runes and sigil yet again to try new builds. Spvp is ok for a few games then it’s meh again.

Hoping the Revenant is interesting enough to play for some time.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I also feel similar. Before the expansion announcement, i was going for my first legendary, the Predator, which is kinda the only legendary that looks appealing to me…. and then i heard there will be new ones so i kinda just left it there half finished, thinking i should see the new legendaries, because what if i’ll find more that i like in that set. Hell, i may be even able to use some of the stuff i crafted so far to craft a new legendary…

So i left the legendary hanging, i left my Engineer hanging (she was supposed to get it), i leveled 2 more alts but now i have 8 lvl 80s, of which i like my charr ele the most right now, but i’ve already done 100% world with her and completed some story achievements that i was not planning to, even finished the luminescent set (which i thought i don’t even wanna go after, since it looked super troublesome) and i’m left with harvesting through whole maps, doing world bosses, sometimes dungeons, sometimes a little eotm, but meh…. i feel like the game is in “standby mode” with nothing happening. I just wish we got some content every few weeks, even if not the continuation of the story.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I’m not too excited about anything in GW2 right now. I AM very much looking forward to HoT, but ..that isn’t out yet and I don’t know when it will be. So what do I do until then? Well I finished making my set of heavy ascended armor for my future-Rev. I’m kind of “done” with grinding stuff for now. I’ll do a little this weekend, along with some WvW, but I don’t know if I’ll be motivated to be on all that much really.

Truth be told, I’m more hyped about Crowfall right now than anything else. I’m still watching EQN, but not sure where that’s going now with the ownership/management change. But Crowfall is the new horizontal sandbox hotness as far as I’m concerned and it currently occupies more of my thought processes than GW2. That stuff won’t be coming until quite a while after HoT though. So the only things I really want to play are not actually out yet and won’t be for a long time still.

I have GW2 along with several other games, but none of them really scratch the itch. In GW2, I don’t feel very “anchored” to anything. I don’t have anything in Tyria that I have any stake in. Just the same places and same things to farm endlessly, and I can only stand that so much. I can’t build/change/control anything in the world. Just along for the same old themepark rides, waiting for the new rides to come out. Those rides can be awesome the first x-number of times, but not very satisfying long term imo. After the shine wears off and it just boils down to grinding for lootz, it feels like a very shallow experience and I ask myself “what am I even doing this for?”.

I don’t want to just “not play” until there are more rides to go on, but I struggle to find much motivation. I want more meaningful and involving things than shiny new rides. The things available to do so far just ..don’t feel like they have any weight to them, if that makes any sense. HoT will surely refresh and mix things up a lot, but will it be enough? I have every intention of finding out whenever possible. But for now, ugh, maybe I should try to spend my IRL time more productively lol.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

HoT was announced and I get the opposite. Instead I want to finish as much stuff as I was working on as possible before the expansion comes out so I dont’ feel like I am falling behind with my personal goals. So I am going around and finishing up as much as I can of things I didn’t have finished that I would like to. Like I am finishing up Sunrise, Getting 100% Map Completion on a few more alts. Finishing up some of the collection achievements I put off to do other things. So I am pretty busy these days.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It doesn’t matter what online game I’m playing, it could be console or MMO, but whenever an expansion gets announced for a game I’m playing, I just kind of shut down playing it for a while.

For me at least there is usually a period close to a patch or expansion’s release (closer than HoT is now) when I find it very hard to work up the motivation to play knowing my limited playing-time will be so much more rewarding after the change over.

Its like, “Why bother running instance X when next week the loot tables will be so much better?” or “you know, I could spend two hours leveling a new profession Y soon instead of two hours today just grinding some coin…” or “You know what? I’m NOT logging in on my main who is a Class Z (*cough*Spellslinger*cough*) when the Devs have acknowledged the class is a free-roaming clusterf#(@ and I could just wait two moths to play again after the fixes drop with the next big release. I have better games to play today.”

I already took a long break for GW2 this year so I’m still pretty fresh and actually really enjoying sPvP which I hadn’t gotten into before (16% more wins than losses – go scrubs!). The hype train is slowly wearing down my positive waves but I think that more because most of the news strikes me a goram trivial compared to “What EXACTLY do Specializations offer?!?” Information I know they’re to sit on as long as possible.

Basically, I suggest you moderate your hype intake. HoT looks ‘new!’ and ‘improved!’ so of course the current build smells a little ‘old’ and ‘inferior’ by comparison .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Yes I am.

But then TSW started having technical performance issues on my PC as soon as I hit Egypt so can’t play that either.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

Not me…i’m pumped up and i’m working hard towards finishing some goals before HOT is released

1. Incinerator (managed to finish this goal yesterda)
3. Copper Salvage thingy and Silver Salvage thingy( done too thx to the 50% discount)
2. Full Luminecent set (that annoying challange mole bug is stopping me from getting this one)
3. Full Ascended Armour for my thief (And maybe for my warrior if i have time)
4. Permanent Axe/Pickaxe
5. Get another 100 slots for my personal guild bank and maybe buy bank expansion for my account too…we’ll see

and maybe …maybe if i finish all this before the HoT i’ll be able to take a break and play DA:I cause i have the game but never played it (Thank you Guild Wars >.<) )

Ohh and let’s not forget, prefare for the next legendary dagger ^^, money, T6 mats…etc etc

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I find myself really missing City of Heroes. Again.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

This is the first time I’ve had several friends actively playing the game with me, so no, I’m playing more now than I have before. But if you’re bored, don’t play. Do something else. It’s not a complicated problem.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yep. With Heart of Thorn putting any significant updates in a holding pattern, all I’m doing is logging in, doing the dailies, and then logging right back out.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Most of my guild was hoping that some old events would come back temporarily during this “off” time, so that there are things to do beyond the ordinary dungeon train/Orr runs/world boss runs/WvW roaming. Things like a modified Dragon Bash, Super Adventure Box, or even the Queen’s Pavilion.

I personally am taking this opportunity to work more on my HoM and GWAMM.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Pretty much just logging in, do the dailies, maybe a world boss or two, few dungeon paths then I’m off.

It’s like this every time an expansion gets announced for me, I just try to play in moderation so i don’t get burnt out by the time the expansion does finally launch.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I don’t really know if it’s to recharge the batteries and get a nice refreshing restart with the expac’s new content.

It makes sense in a way, simply because expansions come out, because people are getting dull with the game and are craving more content.

On my end though, I was going pretty hardcore after my legendary and leveling a Guardian pretty hardcore, but once Jan 21st happened, I just kind of shut down because I’d rather be playing the new shiny content.

I do occassionally.
It’s called “getting older”.
It’s an affliction to which there is no known cure, and has a 100% fatality rate.
Over time your interests begins to wane, drift, and change. What was once fun and exciting and engaging, is now lifeless and dull.
It’s not a terrible thing though. This disease tends to comple you to go to a place commonly referred to as “outside”. Once you’ve gone “outside”, you’ll find new and interesting things to see and do, which will comple you to further explore this strange new world of “outside”.

So, take your time, enjoy what life is now offering you. Go fly a kite, talk to a stranger, go to a disreputable club, take a chance, and LIVE while you still can!

Good luck!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I login to both my accounts for daily login reward. I actually complete my daily every once in a while and do some pvp. I logout.

LS is cool. Most of it has been temporary though. The good content goes away. The battle in LA was awesome. It’s gone though. The Marionette was rad. It’s gone. LS 2 has really great instances that give no reason to repeat them. There aren’t loot drops. Isn’t loot a part of replayability? Why make content that isn’t really replayable? Isn’t that part of the allure of an MMO? A lot of the design hours that go into this game are to make content that doesn’t stick around.

TL;DR Bleh state confirmed.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m in a “bleh” state because there’s not really anything for me to do right now. I don’t really have any long term goals set right now because I want to save up gold for things in the expansion, and there’s not really going to be anything new in-game until the expansion. So, I’m just kind of “bleh”.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The one real advantage GW2 has over a subscription based game is you can take a “break” and come back whenever you feel like it. I’ve taken several month or 2 long breaks since release….no biggie.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances