Is anyone else sick of.......

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vik Flagge.8324

Vik Flagge.8324

how anet clearly and blatantly makes huge changes to game mechanics but does not indicate them in patch notes because they know people will flip their sheet.

Peruse the forums or just go check for yourself and you will see fractal chests are dropping SIGNIFICANTLY less rares and exotics. There is no argument whatsoever. RNG is RNG but this is NOT RNG. Fractal loot drops were nerfed. Period.

Pretty much the only thing keeping me in this game is WvW and fractals. Mainly because I want certain fractal weapons. Now they have already implemented a “daily” reward system and have made it random which weapon I get (a mechanic that is different from ANY other dungeon in the game) which is fine I guess, but its obviously to keep people coming back every day and trying, but looking beyond that in order to progress through higher level fractals I NEED to spend 250 ecto. Up until now it was not that big of a deal because you would average, or at least I was averaging 3-7 ecto per 20+ run. Which still would take a long time to save up for but whatever, fractals is fun and interesting to some extent and the weapons are cool, so I can deal with RNG as long as its worth my time. I’ve done 3 lvl 30+ fractals and 15+ lvl 20+ fractals and I’m lucky if I get 1 rare per whole run.

Again, I’ve asked around, and checked the forums and everyone is experiencing this. It makes no sense to me at all why they would do that, and not at least indicating in the patch notes is pretty shady.

Now, in anet’s defense I have noted that a few of the harder fractals have been made easier. Ice fractal first fire lighting sequence has much easier mobs without bows and fire fractal final boss seems WAY easier, but again, nerfing loot in the first place serves no purpose but to make it even HARDER to infuse back piece and not mentioning in the patch notes is SOOOOOOOO sketchy.

I can’t wait for elder scrolls mmo to come out because i’m sick of the horrible business decisions anet has made since this game came out. I love guild wars and consider it the best game i have ever played but I just can’t believe some of the things they have done over the last few months and its getting really really old. Troll away fan boys.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m not sure how this can be proved one way or the other by a group of people here posting there results. All I will say is that I did a fractal earlier with a group of people who all seemed to get atleast one rare and a fair amount of cores etc from drops. Couldn’t believe all their luck when I didn’t get one rare. But I did get a purple item, one of those vile thingymejiggs or whatever lol.

I put their luck down to perhaps it being a lvl 8 fractal and they were all level 1-2 while I was the level 8. So maybe if you do higher level fractals than what you are at it gives you personally better drops? shrugs

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

It is their game, you realize? Change is going to happen.. that’s life..

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It is their game, you realize? Change is going to happen.. that’s life..

Off topic but I just HAVE to ask – do you go by the nickname of “The Animal” at all in the game or heck just in life? :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Abbehemoth.2471

Abbehemoth.2471

“Onyxia deepbreathes more often”

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Yes, I am absolutely sick of people not knowing what ‘random’ means.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

I can’t even tell you how sick of reading all of the complaints on the forums i am.

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

They can nerf drops as much as they will without removing “random”

In fact, they can make a fixed drop rate, and you still would not be able to know it wasn’t random.

Random Generator: Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine, Nine ….

Random is not an excuse.

Posted by: Vik Flagge.8324

Vik Flagge.8324

We all know what RNG is at this point and how it works, but when many many multitudes of people are noticing significantly less rare drops its no longer RNG. It’s a stealth nerf and it was a great way for anet to get people to stop playing this game. Grats. Not mentioning in the patch notes is shady. Grats again. Ecto prices have already gone through the roof and many many players are stuck at fractal 30 because they can not afford 250 ectos for their back piece. Grats. So instead of leaving well enough alone anet makes it even harder for people to get those ecto. Grats.

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

The answer is simple- we need another way to get ecto’s apart from salvage. Quite why ANet is so keen to have less ppl playing their game (by repeatedly nerfing loot) is anyone’s guess.

Posted by: Inkubus.7529

Inkubus.7529

My personal opinion is that main goal of ANet is to make GW2 an esport game trough SPvP mainly. I can’t resist to this idea as too many times they have stated (video/blog/community sites…) they want that. Recent change to make tournament in SPvP without requiring 8 teams is to encourage/promote SPvP and tournament “euphoria”.

Why I am telling this as it is off topic? No, it isn’t. They are nerfing other parts of game so that player be indirectly forced to SPvP so they could make they dream coe true – and eSport. Probably you are aware of AoE nerf as well. Most classes that use AoE in PvE and sometimes in WvW do not use it in SPvP. It is just my opinion…

Regardless of that, I got my Risen Baltasar mini from the second bag I got in Orr. Yey – until I realized mats I desperately need (like Powerful Blood, Ancient Bone…) are nowhere to be found.

Inkarius [ele] Inkores [war] Inkratos [ran] Inkariosa [nec] MaINK The Liar [thf] Inklusion [msmr]

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

I dont know on lvl I play it seems more the same, maybe irukandji and colossus drops are little but weaker (or i was more very lucky before). I tink drops are fine just remeber how hard was geting gold when you hitted lvl 80 i was scratching my head how to hell iam gonna farm on T3 armor nowdays I farm to make weapon worth 400g and its pretty doable so i really dont want them to make getting gold and mats easier then now…..

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

Especially ones that don’t tell you in the subject line what they’re complaining about. That’s getting really old. Descriptive subject lines, people, they’re not that hard — use them!