Is anyone happy anymore?

Is anyone happy anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

In regards to Sept patch mostly.

It seems like you can’t go on forums or reddit these days to be flooded with so many unhappy posts. I get it too, a lot of these changes are disappointing. Still, it’s not often I see positive, thankful posts. Is this an accurate “thermometer” check of the community or is it just that negative players are more vocal?

After two whole years it’s still pretty much the same games with a few major changes. Sure there has been loads of revamps and nerfs, but 2 new PVE maps and LS chapters, and a handful of other additions haven’t done much to expand the game. Sure it does a little, but after two years, wouldn’t there be more stuff by now in the average mainstream MMO?

Anet cannot be blind/deaf to these gripes, so it makes me wonder if they are truly that out of touch. I have to wonder how much the NA community is shrinking and how much money they are losing from the NA players.

TL;DR: So are you happy with the state of changes in GW2 for the past two years? Sure there has been some good, but it seems most people are just unhappy overall.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yes, there are people who are happy with the game, and they’re all playing the game quietly. Forums account for a small minority of the player base in any game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It happens on all games forums. People who are happy spend most of their time playing, people who aren’t happy come to the forum to complain.

There were similar complaints before the last feature pack, and in between when we only got Living Story releases there were complaints that Anet had abandoned or forgotten about PvP and WvW and there were never any updates for either.

As for me personally I’m very happy with the game. I still play pretty much every day. If that wasn’t the case I wouldn’t be here because I would have moved on to something new.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

Yeah, I never bothered with the forums until I got kittened over when the Attack on Lions Arch ended and the vendors for all those Found Heirlooms and Belongings just up and disappeared… I was like, WTF? and people in game pointed me to the forum where Anet “warned” us about it.

So yeah… I would have gone on, blissfully unaware that there was important info only given to us through the forums if I hadn’t become unhappy… and I assume most players are like that. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the ones that jump straight into the forums when they start playing, probably got kittened over in a previous game, so now they just always check the forums for any game they play.

But other than that Found Heirloom incident, I’m pretty happy
(though I wonder if someone at Anet is watching to see what I delete from my inventory so they can then put more use for it in the game, lol… but I’m probably just paranoid)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I play every day, and don’t really have anything to complain about. Occasionally, when asked, I give my opinion on something I would like to see in-game some day, but other than that…pretty pleased. /shrug

Some people don’t even know how to get onto the forums (Guildies) …lol. Nor do they care to. So, I’ve no idea what the ratio is of forum-goers to just players. I suspect ArenaNet does, though.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Well they can’t even fix the forum search function let alone the game.

TL:DR no.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Gamers over all are mostly 25-40 and depressed. So as things stand most gamers are not happily about any thing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Short version: I am happy.

Long version: I cannot say for everyone here about what they feel. My expectations for this Feature patch made me assume that there would be significant changes to PvP WvW, despite me telling myself I shouldn’t get my hopes up too high. There were changes, alright, just not the ones I had in mind. All things considered though, I found them to be decent so to speak, though I won’t have much use for the competitive related features aside from Siege Golem, which I really really wanna try out. The colored commander tags I feel nothing about it at all, but tactics-wise, this could encourage proper coordination.

For the PvE experience, I am very glad that Anet is addressing the issues of party members involving getting kicked out of dungeons just because the leader left the party PLUS giving new gamers drops with a likelier chance of them getting loot they could actually use rather than just dump them to TP or immediate salvage. When it comes to Balance issues, I am still very disappointed that no fix is made to address the so-so AI Necro minions have.

Despite the problems that I want to see resolved, I am still enjoying myself. When I get bored with it, I can always get back to it in a few hours.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Forums are for bored people,forums will never be a place for people happy with the game,those are actually playing.

PS: I’m not bored,I browse the forums while playing the game

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Some forum posts have over 100k Views.Many are just too lazy to type his opinion because knows it doesn’t matter at all.

and even more let Vayne to engage with some ppl in post war in every 2-3 thread until the thread will be close)

Yeah pretty much. Although I find it amusing that forum frequenters know the names of several of posters, and what kind of things they post. Like Vayne, Wanze, Koenig, and others.

On topic. I am very happy with the game, and am excited about the upcoming changes. Yeah they seem more QoL stuff, geared toward new players, but thats ok. I have no demands of Anet, and what type of stuff they should release. I just enjoy the game. While I do spend a ridiculous amount of times on the forums, it’s mostly because I am bored at work. (I work security and much of the time there is NOTHING to do.) But as far as the game is concerned, I love it and play nearly everyday.

I’m also one of those types that posts a lot on the forums…I guess I don’t post enough to gain Vayne/Koenig status. It’s also probably because when I do post, I primarily play devil’s advocate or don’t lean toward any extremes in my arguments. It’s also that I didn’t post or play for a whole year too.

I mostly post because where I’m stationed, I’ve got limited internet for my laptop and unlimited for my phone. Either way, I enjoy posting and reading forums to pass the time :P

PS: I’m relatively happy with the game. That won’t stop me from posting constructive criticism and suggestions to make the game fresh and different.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

I’m very happy with the state of the game, loving the living story and the September feature pack brings some great changes. If you are not happy in game anymore I suggest finding another activity than whining on forums.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Who is this Koenig person? I think I’d like to meet him.

And then stab him for taking my name.

Yup.

@OP: Yes, there are people happy with the game. But most aren’t vocal, and it makes sense – why would you be vocal about something you’re content with? The posters are mostly those who seek to improve the game, or seek to complain about it – in both cases, they’re not content. I try to fall in the former, but as the story goes on the thing that I care about most in a game… is falling shorter and shorter in my view. Not so much the plot, but the… writing structure, I suppose? Aside from the story and the seemingly chaotic and overpushed gemstore structure, I in fact still love this game. Sad thing is that story was what I loved most about the game, and thus I find myself doing less and less when I log on. But I’m going on a tangent, apologies.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’m happy. I could just be happier. I feel like GW2 hasn’t done enough to play to it’s strengths and poor mismanagement is killing a game I love. Instead we just see Living Story, Tournaments and QoL updates.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m mostly happy. The good outweighs the bad atm but I have become increasingly concerned the past 6 months over the direction some aspects of the game have been taking.
What I’m unhappy with another type of player might be happy with so I guess it goes both ways. Some people just love to complain too.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

No. Come for the Skinner Box, stay for the RNG.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Who is this Koenig person? I think I’d like to meet him.

And then stab him for taking my name.

Yup.

@OP: Yes, there are people happy with the game. But most aren’t vocal, and it makes sense – why would you be vocal about something you’re content with? The posters are mostly those who seek to improve the game, or seek to complain about it – in both cases, they’re not content. I try to fall in the former, but as the story goes on the thing that I care about most in a game… is falling shorter and shorter in my view. Not so much the plot, but the… writing structure, I suppose? Aside from the story and the seemingly chaotic and overpushed gemstore structure, I in fact still love this game. Sad thing is that story was what I loved most about the game, and thus I find myself doing less and less when I log on. But I’m going on a tangent, apologies.

ooops misspelled it. My apologies. Either way you are well known among the lore forums as the one who knows whats what. And I think thats awesome! Keep it up.

Edit: fixed it for you

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

no

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: WhiteWolf.2374

WhiteWolf.2374

I’m one of the quiet ones that always reads the forums and rarely posts, so, I just wanted to step in and say that I’m happy with the game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No i’m not happy at all.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

Yes, people are still happy.

Just disappointed that a bunch of client streamlining ( China version ) and bug fixes were heralded as a new Feature Patch.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I don’t think there’s a point in having a forum about anything filled purely with posts about how good that thing is.

“All happy families are happy in the same way, all unhappy families are unhappy in their own way.” So unless you’re unhappy, there’s not much sense in discussing your topic as there’s nothing to disagree upon.

20 level 80s and counting.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I’m ..eh, not so sure these days. Maybe more nostalgic than happy. Also let down and discouraged.

We’ve spent the past couple years wondering and dearly hoping that the things we want are actually what they’re working on somewhere in the background. But with their policy of secrecy, and the fact that the stuff they do put out never seems to be what we’ve been asking for, we have little choice but to assume they simply are NOT on the same page as us and clearly are not working on these things we want. I mean, it’s not like we’re paying customers or anything; why should they care to prioritize what customers want?

You don’t have to be a troll or hater to admit there are some things you take issue with. That doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate what we have or think it’s still one of the better options on the market. I still log on almost every day, though usually not any longer than it takes to knock out a daily, and often not even that. I’ve loved Tyria and its lore since 2005 and I used to have ton of respect for Anet. This isn’t something you just walk away from without a second thought.

But the more time that goes by with them screwing around doing whatever it is they’re doing, the harder it gets to pretend everything is fine. With GW1, Anet set a really high bar with the type and amount of content they produced, and the timeliness in which they produced it, and all the features it launched with or got early on. We went into this game with the understanding that this was how Anet does things. This is what they’re capable of and only getting better with experience.

But all these years later, it’s mostly different people now huh? Not the same talent, vision, or experience they got their reputation with. They can’t (or more likely won’t) meet those old standards. It’s been said before and has to keep getting said. By this time in GW1, we had two WHOLE CONTINENTS added along with all the other new features and content they brought. Not to mention all the features it already had like 1st person view, Halls/GvG, etc that we STILL don’t have here. It’s almost comical seeing the white knights these days grasp at straws trying to make it look like GW2 has gotten anything even close or more than that amount of content. And no, Temp content does not count.

I originally liked the idea of the living story, and I do still support the idea of it. What I don’t like is the implementation of it. Sure, it “could” deliver an expansion’s worth of content. But has it so far? Nope. Has it even come close? Nope.

The game launched missing a lot of very important features, but we were patient and assumed Anet would just deliver a while later and it would be amazing. Weeks, months, and YEARS have now passed and ..this isn’t cool anymore. Patience is really wearing thin by now. Then they said the LS would stream to us content comparable to what we’d get with an expansion. Ok, so the game missed a bunch of stuff at launch, but the LS will come through for us! Yay, Anet will deliver after all, just via the LS which will have SO much content/features as to be expansion-worthy.

Now so much time has passed and ..that simply has not been true. Not even remotely. It’s starting to feel possibly insulting. Do they think so little of us? Did they think they could string us along forever and we’d just keep buying gems gleefully in the futile hope that we’ll ever get what we’ve been wanting?

I used to love Anet and this game. I’ve personally convinced several people at my work to get the game (and I know they did for some of their friends after that), though they don’t seem to play much anymore. Also convinced my girlfriend and even got an account for my daughter. But nobody I know plays very much at all now aside from me, and I’m struggling myself. I’ve spent at least a few hundred $$ on this game just for my account, in addition to all the other people I tried to get into the game. It’s not like I haven’t been a supporter this whole time.

Anet used to be so great, and GW2 had so much potential. I believed in it guys. I fell for the hype. But now, more often than not, I’m really disappointed and possibly feel mislead with a bait and switch. I really hope Anet SERIOUSLY steps up their game. I’d say they’ve lost a lot of valuable time in the market not delivering on very much compared to GW1, and other games. How much more time do they have to go on like this before it really is too late and too many people have moved on?

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Still happy with the game. Interested in what is coming.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

I’m happy about:
- How easy it is to change traits on the go
- Tequatl buff, Triple Wurm and Marionette
- Wardrobe and dye system
- Combat is great
- Looks of the game

I’m unhappy about:
- How much of a pain it is to unlock all traits on new characters is
- How megaservers destroyed the server community I’m in (RoS)
- How megaservers made it near impossible to do Triple Wurm for people who aren’t part of the wurmslayer guilds and who are always unlucky not getting in the right map when jumping
- How megaservers made World Bosses one of the most boring content of the game
- How there is almost no changes in dungeons/fracs except annoying QoL updates that most of the time lower the QoL
- How Anet drops features in our laps without even given us the chance to discuss if they are features that should be added (should be better from now on, but not getting my hopes up)
- The lack of new content with good replay value that would give vets reason to stay longer

Probably have more things I’m unhappy about.

In general, I’m unhappy with the state of the game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

No. A featureless feature patch is a disappointment. Sadly I don’t think they work on another thing than the LS, and even this is delayed and delayed.

EDIT : you are right I edit. Sorry english isn’t my first language.

(edited by Simzani.4318)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If there was more good things for me to say, i’d say them.

The critics have the right to express themselves and to say that this feature patch is disappointing isn’t far off. Granted they still have a week to make up for the past 2.

Am i generally happy with the game, sure. Can it be far far far better than what it is ? Yes.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. A featureless feature patch is a scam. Sadly I don’t think they work on another thing than the LS, and even this is delayed and delayed.

“Scam” implies you are paying for it. As when you buy gems you are paying for the gems,and when you spend the gems you are paying for the stuff you are getting with gems, whatever they do with the free updates it’ll never be a scam.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Excellent post, Kartel. While I have no means of verifying my suspicions, I nonetheless suspect that what you said echoes the sentiments of a great many people hereabouts who for whatever reasons choose to remain silent.

As for myself, I’d be a lot happier here if there was a greater emphasis on bats in the game. Bats would save this game. Bats.

The table is a fable.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Awesome speech

Thank you. I tried to write something like that a few days ago, but it ended up being flamed to hell because I’m just not good at putting words on paper.
It’s EXACTLY how a huge amount of players feel about GW2.

And on a similar note let me add this.. (not directed to the poster that I quoted.)
You might think that the forum is full of unhappy players. But that’s not the case.
It’s quite the opposite. Many players that are unhappy with the game and that posted on the forum before already tasted the wrath of the white knights and they simply don’t even bother coming on it anymore for that exact reason. The few exceptions that actually post something “negative” are posting it because they actually care about the game.

And there’s no need to pretend that players complaints aren’t real. They are real no matter how you look at them. What matters is that many players are not happy with the current developing directions and that many players already left.
No white knight speech, about how ANET is doing great and how the complaining players are being greedy and whiny, will change that. The only one who can change that is ANET.

If you complain and whine about the whiners you’re no better as they are.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

No. A featureless feature patch is a scam. Sadly I don’t think they work on another thing than the LS, and even this is delayed and delayed.

“Scam” implies you are paying for it. As when you buy gems you are paying for the gems,and when you spend the gems you are paying for the stuff you are getting with gems, whatever they do with the free updates it’ll never be a scam.

Scam: A dishonest scheme.

Does not necessarily require money. (I’m not saying that this is or is not a scam, just clarifying the meaning of the word.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

I’m still very happy with the game, but given I’ve had to reduce my game time and become a much more casual player, the game still holds a lot of content for me to explore.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

“Scam” implies you are paying for it.

Semantics. You know exactly what he wanted to say.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

You must be new here. Not GW2, mind, I mean game forums in general.

People have been complaining for a long time… generally, when people are happy they play the game, when people aren’t happy playing they complain on the official forums, with the exception of a niche white knight community. This is true of any game.

Forums are always filled with disproportionately unhappy people and the game itself is always filled with disproportionately happy people. It is critical for developers to listen to the complaints however, as small unresolved annoyances over long times are more likely to make people eventually quit, relative to massive problems that are quickly patched away in hours, which usually has little or no long term playerbase effect.

At the same time, if you look at any of the forums of any active game you’ll generally have the feeling that the game is going to die. That isn’t the case, either. Take the information and discard the sentiment, as it were.

Ignoring player complaints or believing that the majority of players are disgruntled are equally problematic.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I guess people just come here to vent. But it’s also ‘internet habit.’ We’re usually communicating in short formats (hi, Twitter!) and that lends itself to extreme, b&w views. You don’t see a lot of long, (or even full paragraph-length) thoughtful posts, that aren’t greeted with TL;DR. The formats & habits themselves tend to be adversarial.

Just in general, I’ve learned to avoid most comments sections – scary people hang out there & give me an unbalanced perspective of who ‘lurks below.’ As for gaming forums, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a very positive one – even a ‘sometimes, occasionally’ positive one. (maybe lotro, once upon a time?)

I do honestly think it hurts the games, though. I can be having a great time in game, come to a forum for some question, then leave discouraged. It also serves to set the ‘meta game’ mindset, because it’s so easy to find out what we all should do. I’ve known people who quit MMOs for that reason alone, the ‘should’ factor. Those were the more serious, skilled gamers, too. I tend to hang on because I love the world or my characters, but I’m less likely to involve myself with a community as represented by its forum. (not fair, but as happiness is infectious, so is negativity)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Awesome speech

Thank you. I tried to write something like that a few days ago, but it ended up being flamed to hell because I’m just not good at putting words on paper.
It’s EXACTLY how a huge amount of players feel about GW2.

And on a similar note let me add this.. (not directed to the poster that I quoted.)
You might think that the forum is full of unhappy players. But that’s not the case.
It’s quite the opposite. Many players that are unhappy with the game and that posted on the forum before already tasted the wrath of the white knights and they simply don’t even bother coming on it anymore for that exact reason. The few exceptions that actually post something “negative” are posting it because they actually care about the game.

And there’s no need to pretend that players complaints aren’t real. They are real no matter how you look at them. What matters is that many players are not happy with the current developing directions and that many players already left.
No white knight speech, about how ANET is doing great and how the complaining players are being greedy and whiny, will change that. The only one who can change that is ANET.

If you complain and whine about the whiners you’re no better as they are.

Player complaints are real, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t being spoiled and childish all day long on these forums. Who you call “white knights” in this context are most often sensible people who are able to put together that the reason ANet is continuing to do whatever they want is that they must be doing pretty well for themselves. And that means no amount of greedy, whiny, complaining players will change that.

Nobody says you have to be 100% satisfied with the game, or that you can’t voice your complaints, but the level of disregard and lack of understanding being shown in these forums is, well, I suppose actually it is to be expected, given the target audience of the game.

I promise the entire scenario makes perfect sense if you consider ANet is actually doing great money-wise, and the apparently “huge” amount of players you speak of are actually an incredibly vocal minority that ANet has no business-logical reason to appease every time they get bored.

tl;dr maybe you should write a novel about how much you don’t like where GW2 is going, maybe then they’ll think about changing it. not

if you’re so unhappy, play another game for a while.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. The meaning you give to a word comes from context. If theres not enough context, it must be clarified. You can just go around saying “You know what I mean”.
What I read is what’s written there.

And there it says ArenaNet is scamming people with he feature pack.

ArenaNet’s overlords may be imposing on the game several policies like gemstore pricings and how items are obtained by characters or the account that are scams, but the feature pack isn’t one.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m still happy with the game, but I am disappointed by the lack of vision in the game’s development. It has not grown as much as I would have liked over the past two years, and most of the September patch is a downgrade, not an upgrade. Everything they talked about for low level characters, for example, is to make the game worse than it was, for some unknowable reason.

The only good things they announced are the account bound Tags, a few of the class balance tweaks (though many were nerfs too), and the crafting UI improvements. Everything else was at best neutral and in many cases straight up negative.

I am really putting my hope into the week three basket, fully expecting them to be crushed.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Gamers over all are mostly 25-40 and depressed. So as things stand most gamers are not happily about any thing.

This is the most stupid thing I’ve read this week.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m satisfied, but it seems to be many steps backwards and forwards. Some of the balanced changes are nice, but the way they’re changing the leveling process has been pretty questionable. They also seem to make a lot of changes where it doesn’t seem needed; I’m not really sure why they had to nuke boon duration so badly.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

No. The meaning you give to a word comes from context. If theres not enough context, it must be clarified. You can just go around saying “You know what I mean”.
What I read is what’s written there.

And there it says ArenaNet is scamming people with he feature pack.

ArenaNet’s overlords may be imposing on the game several policies like gemstore pricings and how items are obtained by characters or the account that are scams, but the feature pack isn’t one.

The meaning of a word comes from its definition, and the actual definition of “scam” doesn’t imply money. It implies dishonesty.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think it’s quite easy to tell from this post that there are happy people and unhappy people.

The unhappy people think ZOMG something is horribly wrong. The happy people are like, what is all this noise about.

The problem is is that to make certain people happy in an MMO, you have to make other people unhappy.

Take a look at the thread where someone asked what top 3 things do you think this game needs or do you want in the game. There were so many diverse answers, some of which made some sense and some of which made no sense at all to me.

Some of which would have been okay if they released the stuff and some of which would have been detrimental to my enjoyment of the game.

All MMOs have flaws and bugs and missteps. There are no exceptions to this. But the reactions on forums is almost always an over-reaction because the focus is on individual points instead of the big picture.

As long as you want to focus on minutia, you can always find something to complain about. The problem is, you can forget what you’re focused on isn’t the whole game.

This is one update in a game with dozens and dozens of updates. Some updates have been disappointing and some have been really good.

People compare the disappointing ones to the really good ones. Instead of saying, not a great patch…but there are improvements, they say, this pack isn’t as good as the last pack, or this pack doesn’t meet my expectations.

The pack isn’t amazing ZOMG I love this. But some of the stuff coming out is needed. Accountbound commander tags, and work on performance at big events, and the crafting UI update. Better rewards for the personal story, and better rewards for leveling. These are good chances, not bad changes.

People always want their world rocked. When it doesn’t happen, some will be unhappy.

Plenty of people still happy with the game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

It’s just a fact of life you make your complaints louder than your praise. When you’re happy with something you’re playing it, and probably saying to your friends/guild “This is great!”. You don’t really think to come to the forums and start a discussion on how great it was. But when you find something you dislike or think could be improved, you come to the forums to start a discussion about it.

It’s just the way it’s always been.

| Lithia |

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I’m not mad, but I am disappointed to some degree… I played GW1 since it’s beta (though admittedly I took long breaks due to IRL obligations), and in a sense I even supported GW2 development by buying the books I didn’t really need or want, but hey I am a bit of a fan so it felt like a good thing to do and support this vs2 of a game I grew to love, and it’s not like they weren’t enjoyable to read.

Que GW2 release, it was great, stunning and sure it had the generally release issues; but as a long time gamer one is pretty used to those. Things were a challenge, DE’s were stunning and new, there was discovery around each corner…

Unfortunately a lot went down hill from there, the downscaling functionality is subpar, making 90% (if not more) of the game trivial. It has been 2y and we seen 2 maps, and 1 healing skill added to the game. While I do not play dungeons nor SAB, I morn for their loss, as I do know that there are a lot of players that enjoy them a lot, and they will not be sticking around, meaning a loss of community… The PvP scene, and again I do not yet play PvP (I did play a lot of random in GW1 though), while having seen a nice reward track added, the was 1 map added? and it’s still all conquest… WvW, while the Karma-train map was a nice solution to the waiting lists, making all maps Mega-server killed server pride, and Golem mastery + Anti-siege trick, after 2y, well I dunno, might have been better to just not add anything to not add insult to injury.

And I could go on, on basically every aspect of the game; Sure I can see some nice things they done, and ‘true’ the QoL features increased the QoL (though then adding geodes, and not put them in the wallet; well lets just say that they were just one example of how much of the QoL was also neglected in various area’s of the game). To be entirely honest, I do not think that GW2, the way it is now , is the best game that ArenaNet can make It is almost as if they started looking solely at the numbers in their cold and numeric ‘blanding’ analysis tools, instead of looking at the inner gamer they all say they are…

Personally (omitting the rant) I come to the conclusion that I will give ANet roughly 6 months to redeem themselves. If I do not see improvements in the game, back to the quality gaming experience it had when it was released, if events (Halloween, Wintersday) are just going to be rehashes, and if their ‘bread ’n butter’ releases are going to be on the backburner. Then I do not know why I should be sticking around… ups, almost ranted again, well I guess I can say it, I didn’t buy GW2 to play a generic Facebook quality game , maybe that sounds harsh to a developer that strives to make ‘the best game they can possibly make’, but you know, if it turns out that it’s the gaming experience of a Facebook game, then perhaps one should choose the right platform to develop on… And I do hope the dev’s take that as a challenge instead of seeing it like an insult… 6 months, and I’ll see what I think by then

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Take a look at the ever increasing Traits thread
Still on the front page after several months and over 2k replies…

Devona’s Rest

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most people don’t post on the forums or reddit. Hardcore gamers do and many are upset that GW2 isn’t delivering the sort of content they expect two years after release.

People who are passionate about certain aspects of the game will keep posting over and over (and over and over) indicating the direction they’d like things to go and people will bandwagon support atop such threads. (That’s why we see posts about SAB, new races, mounts, and fishing.)

That means, it’s really hard to tell what most people are feeling about the game. Anyone who says they know is making it up.

My guild lost a ton of people who joined when the game launched, which makes it sound like people don’t like the game. Then again, the guild is now larger than it has ever been, which makes it sound that maybe most people love the game. But really all it means is people come and people go, which we know without asking.

tl;dr We have no idea if people in general are happy or not. ANet has data, but they aren’t sharing it (since that’s industry standard procedure, we can’t even draw conclusions from that).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Take a look at the ever increasing Traits thread
Still on the front page after several months and over 2k replies…

Not really sure how that applies to this.

So 50 people, maybe 100 post in a thread that they don’t like the trait update (and not everyone is equally scathing about it). The path that put it in only came out in April and Anet has already made one adjustment to get rid of some of those complaints.

Even I don’t like the new trait system. But how fast do you really think they can rework it if it doesn’t meet people’s expectations. Assuming they’re not going to drop everything and work exclusively on that, this is sort of a red herring in this thread, and exactly what I’m talking about.

Most people, the biggest majority of the player base, surely have a bunch of characters created before April 15, who that particular system doesn’t affect at all.

So for people like me who are altoholics we’re affected. But most people, the greatest majority I’m sure, have their characters and all their traits unlocked. It’s new players would would be hit the hardest by that. Or people who want to level alts.

It’s like saying yes we’ve complained about this and those Anet has already changed it once and even said they’re looking into ways to improve it, that doesn’t matter, because it’s been five months and only some of it has changed.

Programming takes time. They tried something and it doesn’t work. It’s something that probably doesn’t affect the bulk of the playerbase at this time. It’s annoying.

But it’s a hot button topic that really doesn’t affect most players and those who it does affect have moved on to other issues, until at least we see what Anet is going to do about it.

If you think they’re not going to do anything about it, you’re quite probably wrong.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I could honestly say most of my guildmates are still happy.

Those that are unhappy, already quit the game… And quite a bunch of them have quit the game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I didn’t buy GW2 to play a generic Facebook quality game

I dont’ think Anet owns you anything. If you bought the game for 30-60$. You got your money worth.

If you spend a whole lot of real money on the cashshop, and you regret doing it, it is your own fault.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The patch isn’t something that OMG amazing to me. I am with many players that wants to see new race, new class, new weapon, new map.

But there isn’t something that very disappointed either. So I am pretty much still happy. There are no reason for me to be unhappy. The game are not going to be much different with or without the patch. I am happy with the current state of the game, therefore, i will still be happy after the feature patch.

I only hope we do see new class, new race, new weapon, new map soon enough.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Megaservers have wrecked server identity. The trait system as caused current players to double think whether or not to buy a new slot. The changes for new players (becoming in line with China’s current system) has truly made me not recommend the game to others. Nerfs in farming, zerg mentality, nothing new to do… MMORPG has a great article today on the changes coming in September http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8879/New-Players-Will-Have-It-Rough.html/page/1 The whole new player changes are discouraging, will be doing experiments with a couple of my nephews (7 & levelling now and after the patch (my grandson is only 2). Seriously Anet says rallying is too confusing for new player, and horizonal progression with traits encourages players to succeed and understand their chosen class. pfft. If I, a senior cititzen and neophyte to MMO’s (only played Spyro & Crash Bandikoot before) could figure it out and level 15 toons to 80, I’m sure that ANYONE could do so.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger