Is anyone happy anymore?

Is anyone happy anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Oh yea, I’m happy. Just not with GW2.

Seems odd to me that all these unhappy people are playing a game that makes them unhappy. Really odd.

It doesn’t work like this.
I’m one of the unhappy players too, yet I keep playing Gw2. The ONLY actual reason are my friends. That’s it. I don’t log in in game unless if someone asks me to do some specific content with them. It’s not the game that brings people game. It’s the people that do that. And with more and more people unhappy they WILL start leaving and once they do, you’ll see a pretty bad chain reaction.

Wise words written there~

What’s wise about them exactly? If everyone is unhappy, as stated by some people, everyone will find a different game. Since everyone isn’t doing that, everyone is not unhappy.

It’s amazing how you’ll support a statement like this and call it wise simply because it supports your opinion. By polling the thread, it’s easy to see there are as many or more happy people as unhappy.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

Forum does not represent the playerbase, but it represents a big part of QQers, not only here, buy everywhere. Still, if you put it this way, i bet like 80-90% of the playerbase are unhappy, even with the smallest object in the game, cuz the boss does alot of dmg, cuz he lags from time to time, etkittentle reasons that makes you….“unhappy”.
Someone sayed the playerbase isnt increasing….now that is….any proofs about that? I’ve noticed in morning at Jormag and Maw fewer players, either cuz they got bored of the same poor rewards, either they prefer farming dungeons, more profit. Still, GW2 has a playerbase way better than other games that are considered “the best”.
As for the megaserver….yes, that kinda messed up the game a bit. Enough sayed.
As for my unhappiness, i am pretty happy with the game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

i think those are more personal traits to the person reading, when you take it at face value, the OP is just reaching out to other players that feel the same.

like i have mentioned i feel the same, i wouldnt be playing at all anymore if it wasnt for my friends that want to play now and then. and we are all 2 year Vets.

its actually became a running joke now, when we all say we are bored, we say we are Gw2. its actually quite funny amongst us

Yes, the OP is one thing, but . . .

There are people who still delight in just . . . I can’t put it any other way than this: They want to run around and find people enjoying the game, and just push their unhappiness out in the form of “if you like this game, you’re not worth talking to” more often than not. It’s not in the things they say so much as the attitude which rolls off the posts.

In that kind of conversation, it’s impossible to like the game, but hate parts of it, or hate the game and like parts of it. You’re either side wholly (a “hater” or “white knight”), and shouldn’t be listened to if you’re on the side the particular poster disagrees with.

I like the game, and I like parts of the mechanics, parts of the story, and almost all the art and music. I dislike some mechanics, some parts of the story, and a small slice of artwork. I don’t have much of an opinion on about 25% of the game, as I don’t partake in it enough to really have an opinion other than “it exists”.

And I like the people who come here and spend time talking with us through the red posts, even if they sometimes say a lot without saying anything and even if it’s just silly banter with no purpose. I like the people who show up in the game with the ANet tag and are willing to chat with people and just be candid.

At the end of the day, no matter what, I still like the passion in some of the posters/players even if they wind up disagreeing with me. If their conviction is real and not just an act for their amusement, it’s worth admiring.

This is a game, this is something meant to be entertainment. There is no shame in not being entertained, and there is no reason to shame those being entertained.

That’s all.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

i think those are more personal traits to the person reading, when you take it at face value, the OP is just reaching out to other players that feel the same.

like i have mentioned i feel the same, i wouldnt be playing at all anymore if it wasnt for my friends that want to play now and then. and we are all 2 year Vets.

its actually became a running joke now, when we all say we are bored, we say we are Gw2. its actually quite funny amongst us

Yes, the OP is one thing, but . . .

There are people who still delight in just . . . I can’t put it any other way than this: They want to run around and find people enjoying the game, and just push their unhappiness out in the form of “if you like this game, you’re not worth talking to” more often than not. It’s not in the things they say so much as the attitude which rolls off the posts.

In that kind of conversation, it’s impossible to like the game, but hate parts of it, or hate the game and like parts of it. You’re either side wholly (a “hater” or “white knight”), and shouldn’t be listened to if you’re on the side the particular poster disagrees with.

I like the game, and I like parts of the mechanics, parts of the story, and almost all the art and music. I dislike some mechanics, some parts of the story, and a small slice of artwork. I don’t have much of an opinion on about 25% of the game, as I don’t partake in it enough to really have an opinion other than “it exists”.

And I like the people who come here and spend time talking with us through the red posts, even if they sometimes say a lot without saying anything and even if it’s just silly banter with no purpose. I like the people who show up in the game with the ANet tag and are willing to chat with people and just be candid.

At the end of the day, no matter what, I still like the passion in some of the posters/players even if they wind up disagreeing with me. If their conviction is real and not just an act for their amusement, it’s worth admiring.

This is a game, this is something meant to be entertainment. There is no shame in not being entertained, and there is no reason to shame those being entertained.

That’s all.

QFT. I don’t like everything in the game. It’s just that I’ve played quite a few MMOs that I like a whole lot less. I believe that making a good MMO is far harder than most people think and, warts and all, Guild Wars 2 is at the moment the best option out there.

People said the game would die when Neverwinter came out. They said it would die when ESO came out. They said it would die when Wildestar came out. But none of these games had enough “magic” to draw most people away. Some people leave, but many come back as well.

Now they’re saying it about other games. It’ll be the same. Because it’s far easier make the perfect game in your head than it is to actually program it. Most games look good on paper. It’s after they launch that the real test begins. Most games fail that test.

So far, Guild Wars 2 has succeeded better than most of it’s contemporaries.

It doesn’t make Guild Wars 2 a perfect game. It may not even make Guild Wars 2 a good game. But when you look at the competition. sure I’m happy.

Because if I wasn’t playing this I’d be far more annoyed at my second choice than I am now.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Like I said, this thread is well over 50% likes by the post count, closer to 2/3s like.

Because the people that stopped playing aren’t wasting their time on gw2s forum.
And as you said before, the forum doesn’t say much about the actual state ingame. So what is it gonna be?

And if players are playing that doesn’t mean they are not bored or unsatisfied.

It’s same as in a revolution It needs to build up to a point for people to react.
And believe it or not, it IS building up.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So far, Guild Wars 2 has succeeded better than most of it’s contemporaries.

I . . . don’t think so. I think A Realm Reborn is doing as well. It’s just not on the radar as much.

Because if I wasn’t playing this I’d be far more annoyed at my second choice than I am now.

To borrow a shortening of phrase: QFT.

. . . freaking chocobos . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s same as in a revolution It needs to build up to a point for people to react.

A word of caution – revolutions are never something to take lightly. There is a great amount of mess involved, and rarely do they work out exactly as the revolutionaries intended.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

Like I said, this thread is well over 50% likes by the post count, closer to 2/3s like.

Because the people that stopped playing aren’t wasting their time on gw2s forum.
And as you said before, the forum doesn’t say much about the actual state ingame. So what is it gonna be?

And if players are playing that doesn’t mean they are not bored or unsatisfied.

I submit if they stopped playing then they’re irrelevant to the conversation, because people are talking about if anyone in game likes it.

See this is how it is in ALL games. People who play are people who like the game. People who don’t like the game…they go and play other games. That’s freedom. Play the game you like.

So, the only real question is do enough people like this game to keep the game viable. I believe that enough people do. I’m sorry if you’re not one of them, but the fact is, Anet does have a vision for the game, whether you think so or not. Some people are asking Anet to change that vision and if they do at this point, they could risk losing a whole lot more customers than you think they’ve lost…while not necessarily getting any back.

It’s so so easy to take risks with other people’s money. You’re not investing in the project beyond what you paid for the box and maybe spent in the gem shop. You really don’t get a vote.

Anet is making the game they want to make and some of us appreciate that game. I don’t know why you have so much problem admitting that.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Spira.4578

A word of caution – revolutions are never something to take lightly. There is a great amount of mess involved, and rarely do they work out exactly as the revolutionaries intended.

Exactly. I just wanted to point out that people need to build up enough tension in order to react.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

With that you’re saying that people only leave for other MMO’s while there are many different genres of games.

And i’ll prolly never be happy with Gw2, because there is still alot things missing that I enjoyed in different games, which will never see the daylight in gw2. And the developers aren’t focusing on the things I enjoy most.

Did I mention that I’m unhappy with this community too? GUILDwars2, worst guildsystem ever.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If there is a perfect game, you’ll be playing that game now instead of complaining on GW2 forum.

I’m certainly not 100% happy with GW2. But it is enough for me to still care about it.(at least more than the other games out now).

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

Exactly. I just wanted to point out that people need to build up enough tension in order to react.

The “storm” now is considerably smaller than the storm over ascended items when that hit. That was a real storm. Not this storm in a teacup.

It often happens between patches, during long waits that people spend more time on the forums and get incited to become part of the mob. Not everyone who does actually believes everything they’re saying. This is human nature.

We’ve seen a very specific example of someone so worked up by other people’s complaints that he made a thread about it, only to remove his post after other people explained to him some facts about what he was saying. He took what other people were saying as true, because so many people said the same thing.

In the end he not only withdrew his post but changed his mind. He was pressured by the peer pressure of the forums (something you’ll notice I have no inclination to).

This isn’t gong to be a revolution. The patch will come out, people will start playing again, the WvW tournament will start, and this whole thing will blow over as if it never existed, as most of these do.

If you think I’m wrong, talk to me in a month.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Though I am a new player, I can most definitely see the frustration in ArenaNet bringing forward changes for new players that won’t affect veterans unless they make a new character. The developers obligations should, in my personal opinion be towards long-term players and gem market purchasers, rather than people purchasing the game for the first time

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I just want to point out there’s a very real danger of fumbling the catch when offered the chance to make things change for the better, and instead push it the other way.

Right now, we got some elevated attention out of the mess made over the “non-news” about SAB not returning immediately, and other announcements which didn’t go over well. Right now, the CDI process is being pushed to come back and start up topics again.

Very soon, it’s important those players who want their voices heard and to try to make a difference put down the pitchforks and instead turn to figuring out how to get their message out there. Respectfully, concisely, and without the inflammatory invective they might want to use.

You don’t get opportunities like this all that often . . . it’ll be a shame if it slips by.

And speaking of slipping by, I should find my bed soon with my face for sleeping and dreaming.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

The “storm” now is considerably smaller than the storm over ascended items when that hit. That was a real storm. Not this storm in a teacup.

It often happens between patches, during long waits that people spend more time on the forums and get incited to become part of the mob. Not everyone who does actually believes everything they’re saying. This is human nature.

We’ve seen a very specific example of someone so worked up by other people’s complaints that he made a thread about it, only to remove his post after other people explained to him some facts about what he was saying. He took what other people were saying as true, because so many people said the same thing.

In the end he not only withdrew his post but changed his mind. He was pressured by the peer pressure of the forums (something you’ll notice I have no inclination to).

This isn’t gong to be a revolution. The patch will come out, people will start playing again, the WvW tournament will start, and this whole thing will blow over as if it never existed, as most of these do.

If you think I’m wrong, talk to me in a month.

Pretty certain the reason those were much larger “storms” was because there were a lot more players then we have now. When stuff like this blows over, it’s likely be due to people leaving or losing interest.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I’m still happy.
I’m not the biggest fan of some of the features, and the lack of love for people that have already done their leveling, but I only have 2 level 80 characters, so I’m not totally destroyed about it. I look forward to this weeks previews of the crafting and trading systems.

But overall, like it’s been said. Lots of displeased people troll the forums because most people who are happy, are too busy playing.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

Though I am a new player, I can most definitely see the frustration in ArenaNet bringing forward changes for new players that won’t affect veterans unless they make a new character. The developers obligations should, in my personal opinion be towards long-term players and gem market purchasers, rather than people purchasing the game for the first time

There’s plenty of stuff for older players, don’t let the complainers say otherwise. Most updates have been for us, and just now, at the end of a long period of time, they’re revisiting the early game. I know not everyone appreciates everything done, but to say we haven’t gotten a whole lot of updates is just wrong.

If you don’t believe it, look through the patch notes yourself. The experienced players get plenty.

They complain about new zones, but we’ve gotten a new zone only this last couple of months. We’re getting a balance patch, account bound commander tags, a rework of graphic efficiency in big battles, improvements to the mega server and how small and medium guilds function with it, crafting UI improvements and more.

In the last two months we have new bosses, new dynamic events, new craftable weapons, a new meta event, a new back piece you can do a scavenger hunt to craft, new stuff in the gem store, a birthday gift for people with characters two years old (which some people quite like) and more.

There’s plenty that’s come out. If you don’t believe me, look for yourself.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Well i can share a bit of my perspective as a dissatisfied player: i was content until the september patch notes started rolling in.

Hmmm i guess my anger is also the result of the unsatisfaction i had with the direction of the game simmering in the background for a while and the fear that they have no clear ideea what they are doing, outside pumping LS to keep their gemstore nice and fat….the interviews and the patch basically confirmed all of my fears in one fell swoop.

Also the fact that they literally had to drag out heir update notes reveal for over 3 weeks and then add every single little change they are doing to boost up the number of changes and not seem like a complete wasteland, got a little pathetic. Oh look the incredible new wvw changes: colored tags, a golem mastery and a siege disabler…..wow, truly substantial indeed. Let’s also add more interesting buzzwords….ooooo we are not just adding new colors to the commander tags, now it’s an all new “commander system”……yeah whatever.

Let alone the changes that are actively detrimental to the game, see the new levelling system and the trait aquisition system which will make levelling a horrible slog even more than it already is, in order to artificially lenghten the game.

Tbh i’m sick and tired of waiting for the “SUPER DUPER AMAZING” background projects they work on at this point. I’ve heard this excuse too many times already to work on me anymore.

Meh, it is what it is now. They’ll go ahead with these changes wether i like them or not so i’m gonna take a break and as far as i am concerned, no gemstore purchases from me at any point in the future. If they start introducing actual quality content or updates that addresses the problems of the game instead of propping up the gemstore at any turn like they did in the first game, then maybe i’ll return if i hadn’t found a better game in the meantime. Oh and maybe login to play with the few friends who are still playing the game, or just for nostalgias sake.

My 2 cents.

(edited by AlexEBT.7240)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Generally happy people will just play the game,
You see more unhappy people on the forum because unhappy people will want to voice their concern about how X effects the game, someone who enjoys X will just play it

Then why are you here?

because i voice alot of concerns!

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Sonbac.3064

Sonbac.3064

Alright so, I’m one of the quiet players. I think I’ve posted only one or two messages on this forum (although I spend a lot of time reading it).

Honestly, all the people I’ve ever played with in this game ended up being frustrated or unhappy about the game. Some still play it, the game is still good, but the big majority (of the players I know) are bored with the game. I’ve played it since beta, some of my friends started playing just a few months ago and they stoped not long after hitting 80. Every guild I’ve been in has lost almost all their players, and even my current guild is a ghost town now.

As for myself, I loved my first months of playing, it was really awesome. But after one year, I couldn’t help but feel that the game wasn’t moving forward. They wanted to experiment something they’ve called “Living World” (then Living Story), but it didn’t work. Some people liked it, but the fact it : it didn’t work. I sticked to the game in the hope that it might change, because I like the game and I’m a big fan of the first Guild Wars, but yeah, I still feel the game isn’t moving forward. Living story’s better than before, they used it to bring a new map, but the game is still the same. The only good content they added to the game (that is still there) in my opinion are the Fractals. We can argue about whether the ascended items are a good thing or not, but the Fractals themselves were a great addition to the game. But in 2 years that’s the only thing I can think about. Not to mention about PvP or WvW (sure there’s Edge Of The Mists, but it’s a big “meh” for me).

In my opinion the Living Story shouldn’t be Guild Wars 2. It should be a part of Guild Wars 2. Every patch except the Feature Packs (every 6 months) are entirely about Living Story (and gemstore items). And honestly when I read the posts about this Feature Pack I’m wondering if it’s really worth waiting 6 months for this. It could have been implemented with time in each patch. I’m not sure it’s a good thing to build the hype for a patch where there’s almost nothing to say. Two blog posts are about tournament, one about “Big Changes” (I’m sorry but I facepalmed at this one), one about balance, and the others I don’t even know what to say about. I’m pretty sure every posts of this Feature Pack could have been shortened and fit in one or two blog posts.

So yeah, I’ve lost all hope about the game. I don’t even plan to move on another MMO, there’s nothing interesting right now. I’m just sad Guild Wars 2 is what it is now.

Just wanted to share my opinion.

TL:DR : I am currently unhappy about the state of the game, and all the people I knew in game were at some point unhappy about the game and quit. I’m starting to hate the Living Story and to lose all hope of seeing the game evolve.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Spira.4578

You see more unhappy people on the forum because unhappy people will want to voice their concern about how X effects the game, someone who enjoys X will just play it

Then why are you here?

So might be others who you see as whiners

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

There’s plenty of stuff for older players, don’t let the complainers say otherwise. Most updates have been for us, and just now, at the end of a long period of time, they’re revisiting the early game. I know not everyone appreciates everything done, but to say we haven’t gotten a whole lot of updates is just wrong.

If you don’t believe it, look through the patch notes yourself. The experienced players get plenty.

They complain about new zones, but we’ve gotten a new zone only this last couple of months. We’re getting a balance patch, account bound commander tags, a rework of graphic efficiency in big battles, improvements to the mega server and how small and medium guilds function with it, crafting UI improvements and more.

In the last two months we have new bosses, new dynamic events, new craftable weapons, a new meta event, a new back piece you can do a scavenger hunt to craft, new stuff in the gem store, a birthday gift for people with characters two years old (which some people quite like) and more.

yeah you are correct. theres plenty of useless stuff

in the same time frame of other MMO’s we would have had the resources ( our money spent on gemstore) actually put to real content and real usefull updates.

but instead we get a Birthday Toy, useless Gated skins, and updates that should of been there since day 1.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

in the same time frame of other MMO’s we would have had the resources ( our money spent on gemstore) actually put to real content and real usefull updates.

but instead we get a Birthday Toy, useless Gated skins, and updates that should of been there since day 1.

There’s plenty of useless stuff to you. Skins being gated aren’t useless. It’s called working for something. Some people don’t mind that. In fact, some people enjoy that. Also, a lot of these updates probably couldn’t have been there from day one. Because until you see the server loads in action, it’s not possible to update the game.

Another way to put it is this way. The game could have had all these updates if it launched much much later than it did. I’m pretty sure you weren’t going to fund it for that extra year.

So they go and put it out as best they could and not they update it. I’m happy that they’re doing it.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

There’s plenty of useless stuff to you. Skins being gated aren’t useless. It’s called working for something. Some people don’t mind that. In fact, some people enjoy that. Also, a lot of these updates probably couldn’t have been there from day one. Because until you see the server loads in action, it’s not possible to update the game.

Another way to put it is this way. The game could have had all these updates if it launched much much later than it did. I’m pretty sure you weren’t going to fund it for that extra year.

So they go and put it out as best they could and not they update it. I’m happy that they’re doing it.

they have had millions of us from the gem store, it still does not justify the actual updates we have received.
how many more millions will it take to actual see something Substantial.

skins, toys and the many many bug fixes are not features nor are they worth the millions people have spent for the resources they use.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

they have had millions of us from the gem store, it still does not justify the actual updates we have received.

skins, toys and the many many bug fixes are not features nor are they worth the millions people have spent for the resources they use.

I can some up all your posts in one sentence. I don’t like the content so the content isn’t content.

It doesn’t matter if other people like it, you don’t. Some people like some things and some people like others. You’d do well to remember that.

There are people who really hate EoTM and people who love it. It’s always busy. It has overflows. There are people who like the boss circuit, but I’m not one of them. I think it’s silly. But I don’t claim its’ not content. It’s content for people who like it.

However, I love Drytop, it’s my favorite zone to date. I love the new amberite weapon set. I love the new vine backpiece. And I like a lot of the changes coming with the patch.

Just because what’s come out doesn’t suit you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t suit others. It doesn’t even mean it’s not good. Seems to me, other games would fit your style of play better than this one.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I’m very happy and excited. Best patch since the last featured patch.

Also, haters, whiners and fan-boys tend to overflow the forum (and other places) and overshadow anyone else not sharing their opinion and since arguing with them is like arguing with a pigeon, they tend to shine even if they are very few.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

I can some up all your posts in one sentence. I don’t like the content so the content isn’t content.

It doesn’t matter if other people like it, you don’t. Some people like some things and some people like others. You’d do well to remember that.

There are people who really hate EoTM and people who love it. It’s always busy. It has overflows. There are people who like the boss circuit, but I’m not one of them. I think it’s silly. But I don’t claim its’ not content. It’s content for people who like it.

However, I love Drytop, it’s my favorite zone to date. I love the new amberite weapon set. I love the new vine backpiece. And I like a lot of the changes coming with the patch.

Just because what’s come out doesn’t suit you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t suit others. It doesn’t even mean it’s not good. Seems to me, other games would fit your style of play better than this one.

you are missing the point,
factor in how much in theory they get. and all those resources yet with those resources we get the majority of the time underwhelming things such as Toys, and skins and 1 time living story quests.

there is no argument for this. millions of Resources do not add up to cosmetic and useless update. Those resources should be put to better use.

if collectively all the players were 1 player and that player had spent millions and million on gem store. and in return gets a Birthday toy and couple of new skins.

how can u justify that as a good investment ?

( don’t get me wrong i love the Guild war Lore and story, but it really isn’t worth the investment that been put into it over the last 2 years)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

snip

snip

you are missing the point,
factor in how much in theory they get. and all those resources yet with those resources we get the majority of the time underwhelming things such as Toys, and skins and 1 time living story quests.

there is no argument for this. millions of Resources do not add up to cosmetic and useless update. Those resources should be put to better use.

if collectively all the players were 1 player and that player had spent millions and million on gem store. and in return gets a Birthday toy and couple of new skins.

how can u justify that as a good investment ?

( don’t get me wrong i love the Guild war Lore and story, but it really isn’t worth the investment that been put into it over the last 2 years)

Actually you’re missing the point. First of all, without seeing expenses, you don’t really have an idea of how much profit is made to be invested back into the game. You’re literally talking without knowledge. Unless you work in the NCsoft accounting department you don’t really know how much money can be spent.

More to the point, the game released early and they’ve spent a long time playing catch up like pretty much every MMO on the planet. If everyone is doing it, there’s probably a reason behind it.

And there have been plenty of updates. The problem was many were temporary, like the Marionette, battle for Lion’s Arch etc. You can’t say they weren’t popular because they were. They’re simply not here anymore.

Anet’s big mistake was making that content temporary. However, I played and experienced that content and had a lot of fun doing it.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

i never said ther weren’t popular, but you have made a point they had a problem with it all.
like you just said.

my point in your post has just been made, millions of resources were spent for the game to play catch up and give Temporary content, things that should of been in place from the start.

But us players are paying the damages to rectify this and after 2 years its still the same issue.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

The developers obligations should, in my personal opinion be towards long-term players and gem market purchasers, rather than people purchasing the game for the first time

But the people purchasing the game for the first time are a lot cheaper to satisfy than the long-term players, since they have a lot of already existing content to keep them happy and content for a while. From a business perspective, getting new players interested and keeping them in the game has a much better return of investment than trying to put out new content to relieve the boredom of veteran players.

Personally, despite playing for almost two years with currently 10 characters (7 classes) at level 80, I am still happy with this game, as it offers the lot of activities I enjoy. The things I don’t enjoy I simply don’t play. Sure there are things I’d love to have (longingly looks at the empty wardrobe slot for the yellow SAB backpack), but there’s enough here to keep me happy, even if I can’t have it all.

Looking around at my in-game friends and aquaintances, there are a lot of people that very much enjoy playing this game. There are people that have exhausted the parts of the game and taken a (temporary or permanent) vacation from it, which to me is just the natural course of things. There are new people coming in all the time, too, so it evens out (although a good friend leaving and a stranger joining may not have the same impact on my feelings, but that’s a personal problem, not a game problem).

Why am I posting here if I’m happy in game? Because I like to read the forums and post whenever I’m not at home and thus unable to acess the game directly . On days when I’m home all day, my forum participation is often reduced to none, because I don’t want to take off time from playing.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

i never said ther weren’t popular, but you have made a point they had a problem with it all.
like you just said.

my point in your post has just been made, millions of resources were spent for the game to play catch up and give Temporary content, things that should of been in place from the start.

But us players are paying the damages to rectify this and after 2 years its still the same issue.

Okay stuff like culling had to be addresssed. That took tremendous resources and it was addressed. I know you’re not counting that as stuff that needed to be done…but it needed to be done.

When the game launched there was no auction house preview, there was no ability to craft from your bank, everything had to be in your bag…I mean it’s a long long list. Do you remember when they added the new ground targeting? Cause I do.

There have been up dates all along. A new WvW map, new PvP maps, even a couple of smaller PvE maps. There’s a new dungeon path. And there’s the personal story, which has left stuff behind. Jumping puzzles, mini games, all sorts of stuff. We have new events, new mini dungeons.

I strongly suspect you have no idea how much work some of this stuff takes. I really believe that.

Devs at Anet are working really hard. I promise no one is sitting at their desks eating biscuits and laughing at you.

You’re saying you want more. Everyone wants more. I want more.

But I’m pretty sure they’re doing the best they can with the resources they have.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

like you just said.

Okay stuff like culling had to be addresssed. That took tremendous resources and it was addressed. I know you’re not counting that as stuff that needed to be done…but it needed to be done.

When the game launched there was no auction house preview, there was no ability to craft from your bank, everything had to be in your bag…I mean it’s a long long list. Do you remember when they added the new ground targeting? Cause I do.

There have been up dates all along. A new WvW map, new PvP maps, even a couple of smaller PvE maps. There’s a new dungeon path. And there’s the personal story, which has left stuff behind. Jumping puzzles, mini games, all sorts of stuff. We have new events, new mini dungeons.

I strongly suspect you have no idea how much work some of this stuff takes. I really believe that.

Devs at Anet are working really hard. I promise no one is sitting at their desks eating biscuits and laughing at you.

You’re saying you want more. Everyone wants more. I want more.

But I’m pretty sure they’re doing the best they can with the resources they have.

the best with their resources are not new Skins or toys.

the best would be to filter in some new maps even if they are fractions of a bigger map, alot like Dry top.

but instead ( and ill try to explain this again)… the resources are spent on Skins , toys and useless stuff. heres a list.
-kites,
-toys
-outfits
-skins
-new food
-gated useless things
-dyes
-minipets
-temp content
-1 time living story

we do not needs these things, what im arguing for is that the resoures spent on these things should be spent on actual USEFULL things. heres a list:
-new maps
-new pvp maps
-new wvw maps
-new races
-new clases
-new weapon skills
-new bosses
-underwater combat
-reward system Revamp
-fractals new maps

id even settle for actually Bug fixes over a new mini pet or toy.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

thanks for the millions you have spent on gemstore…
heres couple new skins and a birthday toy..

thanks again for the 2 years you have spent paying our wage.

Our resources are sure to be best fitted to produce more Skins and toys for you in the future, which will all be gated in the gemstore of course.
;)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

@Zardul

Do you understand that the people who make a minipet aren’t coders? They’re not the people who make new zones or dynamic events. Do you know how much work goes into making a minipet? Very little, because they already have the models. They just have to scale them.

You didn’t pay their wage for two years. You didn’t pay even one employee’s salary for a month I’m pretty sure. So how many hours have you played on the money you’ve spent. Let’s be real here.

People are spending money on skins that they’re making, and so they make them.

But content has come out. The only real objection I see here is the decision for it to be temporary. Anet was trying something brave that didn’t work out, but they tried it. They don’t have to answer to you…or any other one customers.

Drytop and EotM and Southsun are all zones that have been released. The people who work on that stuff tend to be specialists. And they work on it, and then work on the next thing. You can’t take everyone and just say to them make a zone. It doesn’t work like that.

I think your heart is in the right place, but you don’t know enough about the workings of the industry. The stuff you’re saying isn’t possible under the current budget/structure.

As far as bug fixes, there are bug fixes with just about every single patch.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

the best with their resources are not new Skins or toys.

the best would be to filter in some new maps even if they are fractions of a bigger map, alot like Dry top.

but instead ( and ill try to explain this again)… the resources are spent on Skins , toys and useless stuff. heres a list.
-kites,
-toys
-outfits
-skins
-new food
-gated useless things
-dyes
-minipets
-temp content
-1 time living story

we do not needs these things, what im arguing for is that the resoures spent on these things should be spent on actual USEFULL things. heres a list:
-new maps
-new pvp maps
-new wvw maps
-new races
-new clases
-new weapon skills
-new bosses
-underwater combat
-reward system Revamp
-fractals new maps

id even settle for actually Bug fixes over a new mini pet or toy.

The question is who are the ones with which demands. I guess there are enough people who conform to your first list as the focus development. And if these people generate more income for Anet, the journey begins and all Anet have to do is selling their stuff as the ultimate features…

Buuut: Maybe there is just a necessity because of the chinese version of GW2 to get everything on a same level before they start to develop big stuff like new maps etc. I highly doubt that but after Anet failed communication this could also be.

(edited by VitaminK.2517)

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

@Zardul

Do you understand that the people who make a minipet aren’t coders? They’re not the people who make new zones or dynamic events. Do you know how much work goes into making a minipet? Very little, because they already have the models. They just have to scale them.

You didn’t pay their wage for two years. You didn’t pay even one employee’s salary for a month I’m pretty sure. So how many hours have you played on the money you’ve spent. Let’s be real here.

But content has come out. The only real objection I see here is the decision for it to be temporary. Anet was trying something brave that didn’t work out, but they tried it. They don’t have to answer to you…or any other one customers.

Drytop and EotM and Southsun are all zones that have been released. The people who work on that stuff tend to be specialists. And they work on it, and then work on the next thing. You can’t take everyone and just say to them make a zone. It doesn’t work like that.

I think your heart is in the right place, but you don’t know enough about the workings of the industry. The stuff you’re saying isn’t possible under the current budget/structure.

all that time and effort to make such useless things could be spent else where is what im saying.
time is money, but they spend time and money on producing things that have no real value in the game.
whether the team who make skin and minipets are different to the guys who make the new zones is irrelevant as money and resources are still spent on making those useless toys , minipets and skins.

where they could be applied to new zones or useful things

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

@Zardul

all that time and effort to make such useless things could be spent else where is what im saying.
time is money, but they spend time and money on producing things that have no real value in the game.
whether the team who make skin and minipets are different to the guys who make the new zones is irrelevant as money and resources are still spent on making those useless toys , minipets and skins.

If they didn’t make that stuff, there’d be less cash shop sales and no money to make anything. That stuff brings in money which runs the game. Where would you suggest the get the money from?

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

@Zardul

If they didn’t make that stuff, there’d be less cash shop sales and no money to make anything. That stuff brings in money which runs the game. Where would you suggest the get the money from?

thats the point Vayne, we have given money to only receive more gemstore stuff.

there is a high concentration on gemstore and there is not enough concentration on getting out new actual useful things.

we see it every week and months can go by and still nothing that shows resources have been spent where it should be. on actual content and new maps

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Well, yes. Maybe not 100%, but still – I enjoy it very much.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

@Zardul

there is a high concentration on gemstore and there is not enough concentration on getting out new actual useful things.

we see it every week and months can go by and still nothing that shows resources have been spent where it should be. on actual content and new maps

You haven’t answered my question. If that money didn’t exist how would anything else get programmed? There’s no subscription. The gemstore has to pay for everything. There were never going to be enough boxed sales. This is their business plan.

Some people obviously like that stuff or it wouldn’t keep selling.

But it’s disingenuous to say we’ve gotten no content. We’ve gotten content. Not enough for your liking, but what you can do?

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

After reading through the posts posted here since I last read through the posts posted here, I am compelled to note that it seems very unlikely to me that anyone could have predicted sparkly vampires.

The table is a fable.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

@Zardul

You haven’t answered my question. If that money didn’t exist how would anything else get programmed? There’s no subscription. The gemstore has to pay for everything. There were never going to be enough boxed sales. This is their business plan.

But it’s disingenuous to say we’ve gotten no content. We’ve gotten content. Not enough for your liking, but what you can do?

i never said get rid of the gemstore stuff.
i just believe they spend far too much time and resources on it.

not that this following statement im going to make has anything to do with the playerbase but theres a reason alot of youtubers dont do videos of Guildwars2 anymore. some had a whole series but then stopped and moved on.
whereas some other MMO’s ( ESO, WoW, Wildstar etc) are still going strong in the youtube community as viewer Interest.

im not saying this as a Doomsday for the game things.
but theres a large decline in interest and i believe the resources and lack of content has something to do with that.

again the Gemstore is not Endgame. if that was the case. id play a Sub game like WoW and still pay less.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

we do not needs these things, what im arguing for is that the resoures spent on these things should be spent on actual USEFULL things.

Speak for yourself. I’d rather have new minipets and toys to play around with than yet another generic map I run through to 100% completion, then put a checkmark on it and be done with it. I’d rather have new skins and outfits to collect and play around with, than yet another weapon that in the end falls short in damage and utility compared to the one(s) most useful for my playstyle. I’d rather have new food and (temporary) story episodes than yet another class that’s making balancing all classes even more complicated.

You don’t need the toys, I don’t need more “generic mmo features” to consume and be bored again afterwards. I prefer changes to existing maps and the world around me, rather than just mindlessly expanding and leaving the existing world stale and never-changing. That’s why I am genuinely happy playing this game: because the whole world is relevant and fun, instead of getting something new slapped on every year or so while the rest of the game gets stale and irrelevant.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

@Zardul

i never said get rid of the gemstore stuff.
i just believe they spend far too much time and resources on it.

not that this following statement im going to make has anything to do with the playerbase but theres a reason alot of youtubers dont do videos of Guildwars2 anymore. some had a whole series but then stopped and moved on.
whereas some other MMO’s ( ESO, WoW, Wildstar etc) are still going strong in the youtube community as viewer Interest.

im not saying this as a Doomsday for the game things.
but theres a large decline in interest and i believe the resources and lack of content has something to do with that.

again the Gemstore is not Endgame. if that was the case. id play a Sub game like WoW and still pay less.

Eso and Wildstar are relatively new games. Let’s see how the youtubers stack up in a year and a half, and then we can talk about it. WoW is in a class by itself. It has 8 million subscribers. No one can touch there money and never will be able to again. That doesn’t even make it a better game. It makes it a game in the right time at the right place. I didn’t enjoy WoW that much.

People go to new MMOs and many come back. I’ve seen it happen before. But the more big named MMOs that come out, the more the playerbase will be divided. That’s normal. 100% completely normal.

CCP, the Eve people, who are an example of a successful MMO, just closed their San Francisco office and fired a couple of execs. Why? Because the game isn’t doing was well as it used to. I’m sure both ESO and Wildstar are performing well under expectation. But some people are playing them, and those people aren’t playing this.

This is normal business stuff. It’s figured into business plans.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Spira.4578

we do not needs these things, what im arguing for is that the resoures spent on these things should be spent on actual USEFULL things.

Speak for yourself. I’d rather have new minipets and toys to play around with than yet another generic map I run through to 100% completion, then put a checkmark on it and be done with it. I’d rather have new skins and outfits to collect and play around with, than yet another weapon that in the end falls short in damage and utility compared to the one(s) most useful for my playstyle. I’d rather have new food and (temporary) story episodes than yet another class that’s making balancing all classes even more complicated.

You don’t need the toys, I don’t need more “generic mmo features” to consume and be bored again afterwards. I prefer changes to existing maps and the world around me, rather than just mindlessly expanding and leaving the existing world stale and never-changing. That’s why I am genuinely happy playing this game: because the whole world is relevant and fun, instead of getting something new slapped on every year or so while the rest of the game gets stale and irrelevant.

Noone said generic tho’.
How about a non generic map. Or guild features. Or minigames. Or housing system. Or fishing system. Or new weapon type. Or new skills. Or new PvP modes. You know – there are various ways to update a mmo. not everything is generic.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Then why are you here?

So might be others who you see as whiners

i think you misunderstand, i don’t see negative posts on the forum as “whining”
i see them as someone who cares alot about the game they play wanting to make it better

Is anyone happy anymore?

Zardul.3952

i think people can fight in the corner for this game and say its fine and in that respect it causes problems and issues to be ignored.

if you point out the flaws and issues like i do. the feedback is far more constructive to better the game.
to improve it.

the simple fact is, the game isnt in a great spot at the moment. there is alot to be questioned about resources and actual features and updates.

why those decisions were made and not the ones that count.

in some sense, some players are so Loyal they are in denial about the serious issues plaguing this game.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

To put in perspective of how “very little” work minipets are, it also requires UI portraits, item codes, name translations, room to add into the UI.
They also need to remember to set certain flags, otherwise become buggy and can attack, die, etc. And they need to pick and choose which animations are allowable/disabled.
I have no idea whether whether the minipets are actually scaled down versions or whether they create a special low polygon version.
I’m sure I missed out other things, as well.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Vayne.8563

To put in perspective of how “very little” work minipets are, it also requires UI portraits, item codes, name translations, room to add into the UI.
They also need to remember to set certain flags, otherwise become buggy and can attack, die, etc. And they need to pick and choose which animations are allowable/disabled.
I have no idea whether whether the minipets are actually scaled down versions or whether they create a special low polygon version.

Sound like almost as much work as a new zone and a dungeon. I mean, none of that could possibly be automated.

Is anyone happy anymore?

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Sound like almost as much work as a new zone and a dungeon. I mean, none of that could possibly be automated.

“Very little”