Is double-clicking per click allowed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imperial Hellkite.9374

Imperial Hellkite.9374

Hi,
I read before that only one action per click is allowed.
My mouse has a special “2x” button on it that allows to double-click by pressing one single button.
I also read that it is possible to bind double-click on mouse wheel.
Am i allowed to bind double-click to my mouse wheel and am i even allowed to use my “2x” mouse button?

PS Buying 100 portal guns, opening 250 champ bags and having to switch to artificer from other professions every time in order to use luck is a pain.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

If its a feature of your hardware, and not a macro program, I doubt there’s much protest that can be made because its not “use of third party software”.

But you’d need an official response from a developer to know for sure.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: RitLew.1954

RitLew.1954

I read somewhere that any macro that does multiple actions (such as: Auto-attack, then use skill 5) are not allowed while macros that are pseudo rebinds are allowed.

So no that would not be allowed, but I doubt anything would happen if you used it. I have used an auto clicker for buying obsidian shards before they made it where you can buy 10 at a time.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

One keystroke per action.

An exact same thing (doubleclicking stacks) has been asked some time ago; we got a dev’s answer, and it was persistently vague; when asked to clarify this particular case, the answer was “cannot say anything else” and the thread got locked.

So, many people use such things or rebind mousewheel/keys to mouseclicks, and I have never seen anyone being banned for it, but ANet clearly wants to avoid clarity here at any cost.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I have yet to hear of a person get banned over it. They have been vague, like Lishtenbird said.

Chances are, you aren’t going to get penalized for it.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I read somewhere that any macro that does multiple actions (such as: Auto-attack, then use skill 5) are not allowed while macros that are pseudo rebinds are allowed.

So no that would not be allowed, but I doubt anything would happen if you used it. I have used an auto clicker for buying obsidian shards before they made it where you can buy 10 at a time.

Well, technically in Windows, a double-click is a single event, or action, so. It’s also typically the same use as the ‘enter key’, or, a single keystroke.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I think if it doesn’t make you over powered, like you have you mouse or keyboard set in such a way that it will auto activate more than one skill or a combination of skills, this is what they mean by one click one action, You are OK if you are using it to manipulate mats or other items in the game not related to combat.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I have a mouse called “ghost shark” and its not just a double clicker, it has an auto clicker on it. Though the only useful thing I have had it for was for using things like luck extremely fast, like it gets rid of piles of 50 10point luck things in seconds. I hope I can’t get banned for that….

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: RitLew.1954

RitLew.1954

Well, technically in Windows, a double-click is a single event, or action, so. It’s also typically the same use as the ‘enter key’, or, a single keystroke.

I guess you are right, but my point is that the person has to hit the button twice which is an action that some people can do faster than others. So it would be “unfair” if someone had an auto-clicker.

Fortunately this matter is so trivial that I don’t think fairness is an issue.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

For the game, a double click is a single input.

You can even set windows keys so you double click by pressing a single keyboard key .

It’s perfectly safe, as long as it’s not an automatic click.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

ANet is currently promoting SteelSeries peripherals (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/steel-series-peripherals/) which include a mouse with full support for advanced macro recording and automation. A lot of people took that as a hint that if you don’t do something extremely “unnatural”, which would ultimately get you in a position to take advantage over your enemies or other players, its ok.

A “double click per click” feature is not something I would consider to be exploitable in any way. The only place I could see it having advantage over normal “one click” usage is when consuming a large number of consumables or gaining the drunkard community achievement because they require a ridiculous amount of clicks.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

If its a feature of your hardware, and not a macro program, I doubt there’s much protest that can be made because its not “use of third party software”.

But you’d need an official response from a developer to know for sure.

Just to point out, the macro functions are software features AND they ARE third party programs, they aren’t part of whatever it is you may be using. Let’s say you play a game, you want to listen to some music, you open up iTunes or such; that is a 3rd party program, you aren’t to music from the game. Or you want to clean up your computer, so you install some anti-virus software like McAffee/AVG/etc, those are 3rd party programs.

I don’t think you’re familiar with the terminology of 3rd party programs.

ANet is currently promoting SteelSeries peripherals (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/steel-series-peripherals/) which include a mouse with full support for advanced macro recording and automation.

And if you read about the mouse http://steelseries.com/products/games/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-gaming-mouse

How you will decide to use this advanced feature is up to you (choose your configurations wisely and adhere to any rules that you may need to abide by during gameplay); we are only presenting you with the capabilities for endless possibilities.

It’s phrased in a way that implies that you may not be able to use such functions as part of the game. It’s merely available to you. In a blow out analogy it would be like if they included a gun, so you can go kill people if you want. You don’t need to, but if you feel like it, the option is available to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Don’t really need a special mouse for that when there’s the option of turning on Mouse Keys with shift+alt+numlock and double clicking with num+. There’s nothing wrong with using stuff liek that since it’s still a manual function and not automated.

Wish they’d just add an ‘open all’ function already tho.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.