in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Daily done.. time to log off.
Fractals done.. time to log off.
monthly done.. time to log off
Teq done.. time to log off

lets play a more interesting game,

if you did a poll you will find that most of our playerbase feels like this.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Is endgame being developed, or what?

Zardul.3952

id like to see the following:
-City Raids
-racial Fights ( char vs Human )
- world pvp

-more level 80 content in low level areas.( we are stuck to a handful of 80 content)

All things i never ever want to see in this game. If you want Gankwars .. there are
enough other games out there ..

And level 80 content in starter areas ????

you are thinking too Linear.

a pvp option could be turned off so you dont get ganked.
level 80 content in low level areas would mean visiting those areas again would be worth while.. ( you would still scale down to the areas level.

think outside the box.. i could think of 10000s of things to make this game have alot more Depth and Fun.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

-City Raids
- world pvp

-more level 80 content in low level areas.( we are stuck to a handful of 80 content)

All things i never ever want to see in this game. If you want Gankwars .. there are

level 80 content in low level areas would mean visiting those areas again would be worth while.. ( you would still scale down to the areas level.

think outside the box.. i could think of 10000s of things to make this game have alot more Depth and Fun.

The whole PvE part of the game was developed to play cooperative .. and is strictly
seperated from all PvP .. so that nobody is forced to PvP who hates it.

if you want PvP goto WvW or sPvP .. else if you want gank people goto AION.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Zardul.3952

New mini games:

- Moa Race ( ride a moa to the finish line)

- Mini Pet Battles ( fight with your mini pets)

- Guild vs Guild Arena

- City Raids ( random Monster attacks Random City at a Random Time)

- Proffension mixing ( like old Gw1 )

- Ship Battle ( Water Battles on Ships and boats . pvp based )

-Target shooting mini game

-Fashion contest ( best looking characters win )

- Char Arena ( fight with your warband in the arena vs other players warbands )

- Make your own Home instance ( move buildings and furniture )

- Sports ( various 5v5 sport games… think Keg Brawl but more modern)

- Water events ( Swim race, Catch the Quaggon, hide and seek )

THERES TONS of things to think up

Zardul.3952

keeping the end game entertaining is the most important for a MMO to thrive and survive.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

yeah its a very stale game at level 80.

there is no depth to this game. i play it everyday just to do the daily, so when the times comes that there is actual DEPTH to the game i got alot of laurels and gold to spend for it.

but until then its just a chore.

-City Raids
-Combat mini ( pokemon type of mini game)
- more achieveable Factions ( Priory, Whisperers, Vigal are not enough)
- world pvp
-Unpredictable Dynamic events ( we can predict boss spawns make it boring)
- more Non racial citys. ( lions arch is the only one we have…again boring.)

You probably didn’t get the memo. This game was designed with cooperative PvE in mind and all the design decisions have been based around that. It’s not going to change. Anet would lose their core game population if they did the stuff you want them to do.

Zardul.3952

there is no depth to this game. i play it everyday just to do the daily, so when the times comes that there is actual DEPTH to the game i got alot of laurels and gold to spend for it.

-City Raids
- world pvp

You probably didn’t get the memo. This game was designed with cooperative PvE in mind and all the design decisions have been based around that. It’s not going to change. Anet would lose their core game population if they did the stuff you want them to do.

they would lose couple thousands of old gw2 players yhh your right..

but gain Sooo many new players.

lose couple thousand.. gain couple million,

all im stating is that if the game stays like it is, it will die.

changes do need to be made.

Zardul.3952

who would it hurt if you at least Added several more Mini game options?

or exclusive level 80 only content?

it would hurt no1. if anything it would make it more worthwhile to play and something to look forward to.

Vayne.8563

-City Raids
- world pvp

You wouldn’t gain anyone. This isn’t a game geared to PvP. There are probably better games that are focused on open world PvP. Do you know why devs focus more on PvE? Because that’s how they keep players. This is true of all theme park MMOs. Sandbox MMOs tend to focus on PvP and always tend to be more niche.

Zardul.3952

Some people are soo scared of change, they would rather Starve.

heres an interesting Read… Read this book, " Who Moved My Cheese"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F

Beldin.5498

Oh yeah .. the game would be as successfull as AION is in the west .. with it millions of players.

ohhh .. wait ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Zardul.3952

Oh yeah .. the game would be as successfull as AION is in the west .. with it millions of players.

ohhh .. wait ..

Then i wish you never get bored of doing the same thing everyday.. like millions of past and gone GW2 players have experienced.

Vayne.8563

ohhh .. wait ..

Then i wish you never get bored of doing the same thing everyday.. like millions of past and gone GW2 players have experienced.

Millions of people have left WoW too. But most PvP centric MMOs never even get 1 million players.

Eve is arguably the most successful western PvP MMO…and it has about half a million players now…which is the highest it’s ever had. You know why?

Because for most people ganking other people or dying repeatedly to some kid who has nothing better to do than grief you isn’t fun. It’s only fun for the griefers.

Zardul.3952

ohhh .. wait ..

Millions of people have left WoW too. But most PvP centric MMOs never even get 1 million players.

Eve is arguably the most successful western PvP MMO…and it has about half a million players now…which is the highest it’s ever had. You know why?

Because for most people ganking other people or dying repeatedly to some kid who has nothing better to do than grief you isn’t fun. It’s only fun for the griefers.

im not just asking for pvp options..

im mainly asking for endgame content to be more fun. more mini games. exclusive 80 content.

you have taken a small part of what i said and blew it up out of proportion.

You clearly feel the same about endgame otherwise why would you be on the forums at this time on this Thread?

it hurts no1 for Anet to pull their finger out and start dishing out some more endgame things to do. if thats pve or pvp or Netiher.

it doesnt matter. but it does need change to stay alive.

Zardul.3952

Every business that ignores Change.

dies out.

its as simple as that.

Vayne.8563

ohhh .. wait ..

im not just asking for pvp options..

im mainly asking for endgame content to be more fun. more mini games. exclusive 80 content.

you have taken a small part of what i said and blew it up out of proportion.

You clearly feel the same about endgame otherwise why would you be on the forums at this time on this Thread?

it hurts no1 for Anet to pull their finger out and start dishing out some more endgame things to do. if thats pve or pvp or Netiher.

it doesnt matter. but it does need change to stay alive.

More mini games I’m fine with. More gear grind I’m not. The problem is, some peoples end game would ruin the experience for people who bought a game that advertisted that there is no end game. So Anet has to be very careful in what end game they create for this game that’s not supposed to have one.

Beldin.5498

If that is SOOOOO much fun .. why are you here then ? Why don’t you play any of
the games out there with those feature instead of trying to destroy GW2 for all
player who love the game for what it actually is ?

I just can’t understand why people that seem to hate this game so much and love
other games sooo much more .. simply don’t play those other games.

Zardul.3952

remember what i have said, and i gaurentee in a year or 2 when you feel the same you will think back to this.

and be like " ahhhh he was right.. why have i wasted my time?"

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

-City Raids
- world pvp

TBF, they could do your pvp ideas in a well seperate WvW. (so not pve)
for example.
Copies of
Quensdale – Human
Ascolonian -Charr
and I can’t remember the other starting zones =.=.

Anyway. You open your WvW section, click Human.
End up in a pvp eotm like map of queensdale. And you can then see how humans are fairing against the charr,asura, etc in that map. There would be some adjustments needed to make it more WvW like .. but have it a WvW with the 5 races, .. or they could rotated it. Queensdale Humans vs Charr, next Week Humans vs Asura etc.

But it would be a special map in the WvW tab ….
Or perhaps they could make a mini pve.
So starter areas or w/e, they could randlomly pick pve maps per week for it. Would need some adjustments ..but in this “mini pve world” it would be pvp, could be all against everyone or race against race. and because it would be a copy of a pve map, hearts/poi’s etc done there would count. But nobody would HAVE to be there.

I think this could be alot of fun, without affecting pve’ers. It also wouldn’t need a new map created, but a seperate server that would rotate through pve maps per week.

I don’t know how easy or difficult it would be to implement, but I think it’d make alot of pvp’ers happy.

Vayne.8563

remember what i have said, and i gaurentee in a year or 2 when you feel the same you will think back to this.

and be like " ahhhh he was right.. why have i wasted my time?"

Don’t guarantee it. I’m from a generation of people who make their own fun. It’s a very different thought process. I don’t really need to be spoonfed stuff. If I like the world and I like the setup and I like the mechanics, I’ll find things to entertain myself.

Feel free to talk for yourself. Try not to talk for me.

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

I’m not sure at what point did this topic turned into Dark Souls vs Guild Wars 2… But I don’t think it is on-topic

You’re absolutely correct. I just couldn’t allow such a ridiculously false post to stand uncorrected.

ON-topic: That being said, I find myself playing Dark Souls 2 FAR more than Guild Wars 2 (which at this juncture is roughly 0 hours a week) despite it being a single player game with no “endgame” save the arenas. Why? Because it’s actually fun and there’s tons of builds to experiment with.

Sans (maybe) the PvP, the Souls series has zero “endgame”. What it does have is loads of replayability. New Game+, the huge amount of variable and viable builds, the open-ended character and story progression, and the rewarding combat are just some of the major facets that give the game inherent longevity.

Honestly, I’m not too big a fan on the idea of “endgame”. I just want a really solid and replayable game – and unless you find the rewards enticing, I find GW2 to lack a lot of it. To be fair, I felt the same for GW1, but it had loads more due to the amount of customization.

PS and off-topic: The new Dark Souls 2 DLC is well worth it, if you’ve yet to grab it.

Thank you, you summed up my feelings quite well. I agree with everything in your post.

Semi-off-topic: I felt a sense of gratification beating the Graverobber trio without help on NG++++ that I’ve never experienced in Guild Wars 2.

Zardul.3952

i dont hate Gw2.
i love it, but i can feel the creeping feeling of Bordem knockin at my door as soon as i log on.

i would love to say theres something fun to look forward to on this game but REALISTICALLY there isnt.

im a hardcore gamer i played pretty much every MMO out there. and currently GW2 is my main one. but i know when something is dying out and what of.
WoW – 7 years
Runescape – 2 years
Gw1 – 3 years
Skyrim – 2 years ( if you count that)

and currently Gw2- 2 years

Experience has taught me when things need to change.

Posted by: Amere.9607

Amere.9607

I like the concept of journal and I hope it will introduce something more than just ls stuff, maybe some additional stories or quest that can provide you with tons of lore, or maybe somewhat repeatable things that you can grind for rewards expanding on dungeon idea etc.

Otherwise gw2 is in kind a strange position, lot’s of players demand continuation of character progression and don’t want to see new item tiers or etc. So it all boils down to new progression systems and content that can test those, in other ways semi-gear progression is what people ask for. And you can’t blame them for that, it is RPG, and mmo one.

I would like to see post lvl80 exp utilization, additional skills for 1-5 with ability to swap them for each weapon and an ability to enhance skills with various effects (with runes maybe). That would be cool, but again that kind of stuff asks for new lvl cap or something along those lines.

Anyways, game really needs some carrots for lvl80 characters.

Vayne.8563

i dont hate Gw2.
i love it, but i can feel the creeping feeling of Bordem knockin at my door as soon as i log on.

i would love to say theres something fun to look forward to on this game but REALISTICALLY there isnt.

im a hardcore gamer i played pretty much every MMO out there. and currently GW2 is my main one. but i know when something is dying out and what of.
WoW – 7 years
Runescape – 2 years
Gw1 – 3 years

Oh you know. I see now. That implies the rest of us don’t know.

I’ve probably put in as many hours in as many games as you have. I don’t think this game is dying. I also don’t think this game is particularly main stream.

But you can be a niche game and not die. I think Guild Wars 2 is finding its niche. I don’t think you’re part of that niche so you assume the game is dying.

It’s a kittenumption.

Zardul.3952

I like the concept of journal and I hope it will introduce something more than just ls stuff, maybe some additional stories or quest that can provide you with tons of lore, or maybe somewhat repeatable things that you can grind for rewards expanding on dungeon idea etc.

Otherwise gw2 is in kind a strange position, lot’s of players demand continuation of character progression and don’t want to see new item tiers or etc. So it all boils down to new progression systems and content that can test those, in other ways semi-gear progression is what people ask for. And you can’t blame them for that, it is RPG, and mmo one.

I would like to see post lvl80 exp utilization, additional skills for 1-5 with ability to swap them for each weapon and an ability to enhance skills with various effects (with runes maybe). That would be cool, but again that kind of stuff asks for new lvl cap or something along those lines.

Anyways, game really needs some carrots for lvl80 characters.

Yeah this.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

i dont hate Gw2.

WoW – 7 years
Runescape – 2 years
Gw1 – 3 years

Wait..so because you got bored with the games after that time, means those games, instantly died? WoW is still going fairly strong. GW1 has been around for much longer than 3 years…
I’m not gonna google how the other games are doing, but simple, a game might “die off” for you, but that doesn’t mean it’s no longer being played. and has shut down.

Games don’t have to stay top of the market to do well, and no game can cater to every type of player, it’s best they find the player they want to cater to, and maybe add a few things for others, but the majority of stuff will always be with their main players in mind.

Beldin.5498

New level cap .. i think that would set the forums even more in flames then ascended
gear did. And people are still moaning these days again and again about the “grind”
that is forced to then by ascended gear.

Now give them a new level cap and suddenly the ascended gear is garbage .. and they
have to grind for Ascended MK II .. would make maybe 5% happy but totally kitten of
the other 95%

Amere.9607

New level cap .. i think that would set the forums even more in flames then ascended
gear did. And people are still moaning these days again and again about the “grind”
that is forced to then by ascended gear.

Now give them a new level cap and suddenly the ascended gear is garbage .. and they
have to grind for Ascended MK II .. would make maybe 5% happy but totally kitten of
the other 95%

Yes. But I’m not asking for higher lvl cap, I’m just stating that somekind of additional progression will require raise of lvl cap or something similar, where players can put new stuff to test.

Game was build around being more action, casual like, but even casuals reach the point, when they start to think about meta and stuff and whole game philosophy breaks at this point it’s an mmorpg after all, and good one, otherwise no one would care

Vayne.8563

Give a hard mode for the journal missions. I mean really hard. Since it gets updated every 2 weeks, plenty of hard content.

Posted by: Gerbilforce.4758

Gerbilforce.4758

I still cling to the idea that alternate advancement would help everything. Reach level 80, do some stuff, be better. It’s like a gear grind but without all the nasty gear grind. Maybe give us some stuff to furnish our home instance with, that too would make a nice end game retreat for some, I know it’s what I did in RIFT when I reached level cap there. Just litter, and I mean litter, the game world with furniture drops and recipes for crafters to make.

Squeak.

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

It’s called feedback, and it’s the most important part in any video-game development when well used. I created this tpic to start with not to “Hate on GW2” or be a fanboy of every other game (if I was, trust me, I wouldn’t be bothered to even start this topic), I just want Anet to know that if one day I stop playing and a lot more people stop playing (and no, I’m not saying that everyone will stop playing this game, maybe its just me, but then again: I HIIIIIIIIIGHLY doubt that it is just me, I think its a lot of the playerbase) I want them to know why, so that they can know where to improve for a certain type of player to come back. If nobody does this kind of topic the game has a high chance of dieing off whitout the devs even know why in the first place.

Imagine Diablo 3, it had LOOOADS of trouble to start with, HUGE playerbase downfall. If nobody went crying on the forums about that, the game would have never progressed nor came back from the dead…

Vayne.8563

It’s called feedback, and it’s the most important part in any video-game development when well used. I created this tpic to start with not to “Hate on GW2” or be a fanboy of every other game (if I was, trust me, I wouldn’t be bothered to even start this topic), I just want Anet to know that if one day I stop playing and a lot more people stop playing (and no, I’m not saying that everyone will stop playing this game, maybe its just me, but then again: I HIIIIIIIIIGHLY doubt that it is just me, I think its a lot of the playerbase) I want them to know why, so that they can know where to improve for a certain type of player to come back. If nobody does this kind of topic the game has a high chance of dieing off whitout the devs even know why in the first place.

Imagine Diablo 3, it had LOOOADS of trouble to start with, HUGE playerbase downfall. If nobody went crying on the forums about that, the game would have never progressed nor came back from the dead…

Feedback is fine. Assuming your demographic has some kind of majority probably isn’t.

Godzzila.3752

Feedback is fine. Assuming your demographic has some kind of majority probably isn’t.

That’s what you have been doing this entire time tho…
“You will ruin the game of all of us!”

Zardul.3952

well i can be certain to say if this game doesnt " up its game"
i will be moving to something that will.

and many players will follow.

all the new Skins and gemstore stuff wont save players..

we need Gameplay.

Godzzila.3752

well i can be certain to say if this game doesnt " up its game"
i will be moving to something that will.

and many players will follow.

all the new Skins and gemstore stuff wont save players..

we need Gameplay.

Gemstore is actually something that intreagues me…
How is it possible that every a couple of days or so they release TONS of new models for clothes and whatnot, but we are already going for year 2 of development of this game, and we barely have any new enemy model?
Just look at Dry Top, I don’t think there is a SINGLE NEW ENEMY MODEL in the entire map!
The only ones I remember where the Scarlet Invasion robots, that weren’t even that good… but at least were something

Vayne.8563

What I’m doing is informing you that, according to everything I’ve ever read on the subject, most people don’t raid. My own personal experience backs it up,. stuff devs have said backs it up. Difficult content tends not to be done by most people. Anet knows it. Anet has actually said it (but in relation to Guild Wars 1). That’s where they learned lessons.

Not everything you’ve said am I against. But the idea that we need any kind of traditional end game I disagree with completely since virtually every MMO since WoW has tried that route and it hasn’t worked brilliantly for any of them.

If a game is going to make it today it has to be different…because the MMO industry has been stagnating for years, and making yet another version of what everyone else have will just divide the ever dwindling pie into smaller and smaller slices.

Eventually we’ll just have 100 different variations of raids and not enough people playing any one game to do them.

Guild Wars 2 is trying to do something different, which some people seem to like. Arguably that would be their audience. If it’s a big enough audience to keep the game running (and if it wasn’t why would they keep doing it), then I don’t see why they should try to reach out to a completely different audience, unless that first audience won’t be affected by the changes.

When people come to this forum and suggest open world PvP, I just cringe.

Godzzila.3752

What I’m doing is informing you that, according to everything I’ve ever read on the subject, most people don’t raid. My own personal experience backs it up,. stuff devs have said backs it up. Difficult content tends not to be done by most people. Anet knows it. Anet has actually said it (but in relation to Guild Wars 1). That’s where they learned lessons.

Not everything you’ve said am I against. But the idea that we need any kind of traditional end game I disagree with completely since virtually every MMO since WoW has tried that route and it hasn’t worked brilliantly for any of them.

If a game is going to make it today it has to be different…because the MMO industry has been stagnating for years, and making yet another version of what everyone else have will just divide the ever dwindling pie into smaller and smaller slices.

Eventually we’ll just have 100 different variations of raids and not enough people playing any one game to do them.

Guild Wars 2 is trying to do something different, which some people seem to like. Arguably that would be their audience. If it’s a big enough audience to keep the game running (and if it wasn’t why would they keep doing it), then I don’t see why they should try to reach out to a completely different audience, unless that first audience won’t be affected by the changes.

I can see where you are coming for, but for me I don’t even think raids are good in this specific game, for the simple reason: There wouldnt even be enough people to play it… Most of the dungeons are so boring and repetitive that even to find just a normal party to do them is a chore, most of the LFG is empty with just a few parties here and there… In fact those dungeons are so boring and easy that most people just solo them to then sell to other people who are just not interested in having to do the same thing they did for every other dungeon… My point is: This game has come to a huge stale point of repetitiveness where things they add just feels like things they already had…

Dry Top: Feels a LOT like the Champion Train in Frostgorge Sounds
New LS: Feels a LOT like the original Living Story

The only new thing that they really added to Dry Top was the concept of “mounts” with the kites… But even then they are just reskins of something that already existed

Oh and Sandstorms, those where really cool, but in compensation they are reusing the old crystals and I’m prettttttttttttttty sure that from now on they will overuse Sandstorms

(edited by Godzzila.3752)

Vayne.8563

I can see where you are coming for, but for me I don’t even think raids are good in this specific game, for the simple reason: There wouldnt even be enough people to play it… Most of the dungeons are so boring and repetitive that even to find just a normal party to do them is a chore, most of the LFG is empty with just a few parties here and there… In fact those dungeons are so boring and easy that most people just solo them to then sell to other people who are just not interested in having to do the same thing they did for every other dungeon… My point is: This game has come to a huge stale point of repetitiveness where things they add just feels like things they already had…

Dry Top: Feels a LOT like the Champion Train in Frostgorge Sounds
New LS: Feels a LOT like the original Living Story

The only new thing that they really added to Dry Top was the concept of “mounts” with the kites… But even then they are just reskins of something that already existed

You must not be playing the same game I am. LFG is empty for a reason. Parties fill in like a minute. Try it. Make a group. See how long you wait.

Edit: To add to that, Drytop is pretty much the opposite of the champ train. If you train and go in a circle, you never get to tier 5. The mechanics of many bosses are different, new AI has been added. New creatures have been added.

The new story feels nothing like the original story to me and the way achievements are laid out in them changes then further.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Godzzila.3752

You must not be playing the same game I am. LFG is empty for a reason. Parties fill in like a minute. Try it. Make a group. See how long you wait.

Edit: To add to that, Drytop is pretty much the opposite of the champ train. If you train and go in a circle, you never get to tier 5. The mechanics of many bosses are different, new AI has been added. New creatures have been added.

The new story feels nothing like the original story to me and the way achievements are laid out in them changes then further.

I’m sorry, I don’t think this anything close to reality… It’s the same concept of Champ Train, you are not Champ Training but using exactly the same concept. Go around in a big group just doing boss events… Enemys there is only one single new enemy model that I remember: The Dust Mites which are literally just rocks… The most unimaginative thing they could thought of, honestly, I can’t think of anything more generic than this… Maybe Bears but even then…
And so far the story feels EXATLY like the first one:
Dragon is about to attack, prepare your butts and go talk to random people to advise them to prepare their butts and come and fight with you. Trahaern (or whatever is name is) will at some point come into play and will for 80% sure take AGAIN the credits for all your job.
[SPOILER]
The new thing that happned so far was getting rid of the Ascalonian Curse and EVEN THAT was just a rework of an already existing bossfight

Vayne.8563

I’m sorry, I don’t think this anything close to reality… It’s the same concept of Champ Train, you are not Champ Training but using exactly the same concept. Go around in a big group just doing boss events… Enemys there is only one single new enemy model that I remember: The Dust Mites which are literally just rocks… The most unimaginative thing they could thought of, honestly, I can’t think of anything more generic than this… Maybe Bears but even then…
Dragon is about to attack, prepare your butts and go talk to random people to advise them to prepare their butts and come and fight with you. Trahaern (or whatever is name is) will at some point come into play and will for 80% sure take AGAIN the credits for all your job.
[SPOILER]
The new thing that happned so far was getting rid of the Ascalonian Curse and EVEN THAT was just a rework of an already existing bossfight

Okay let’s look at dry top. Not all the events are boss events. All the events have to be done. You have one event that has a boss on top of a rocky column that has to be found while jumping his attacks or you get knocked off. That’s not common. There’s similar event in Drytop where you have to build a light bridge by charging it, which involves so manual dexterity in order to complete it. Picking up the charges, running them in. There’s an event where you have to clear an avalanche that works a bit like the guild rushes. You have to ping for traps or it won’t get cleared. Certain events have bonus conditions most of which you have to do in order to get to tier 5. The new enemies are far heavier on conditons the the old enemies. The new wolves will one shot you if they flank you (you know of other creatures in the game that do that), and the new flower enemies will leave long trails of poison and can only really be damaged from the back. There’s more, too, but that should give you the idea. Just having to use the crystals to free the 12 guys imprisoned by inquest is an event like no other in the game.

If you did only the champ events and nothing else, you’d never get to tier 5.

Amere.9607

yep, game is active and more than that, you can always check ac and arah for run prices

vayne, i agree with you on most stuff, but, let’s be honest here – progression is what drives this kind of games. you become stronger, you learn new tricks, you mess around with all systems that game provides you, and you are have your own goal before you all the time.

gw2 is a great game, i can’t really start any other mmorpg because of gw2 – it looks superb, it acts good, it has some neat ideas.

but, after 80… you can simply say – i have beaten the game and that’s it. while the whole idea of mmorpg, and gw2 as well, is about neverending stuff, a world! and gw2 just gives up at this point. yep, journal is the next big thing, let’s hope it will introduce a lot, but as for this topic – do we really have “good” activities for lvl 80 characters?

my bad, i really want some structured gameplay, where i can take on a challenge and obtain a reward i need, instead of running around aimlessly. i’m sorry, i’m not a spiderman.

anyways even with that grain of salt i’m still at vayne’s side, i like this game, because, well, there’s no that good game at the market at this time.

Vayne.8563

yep, game is active and more than that, you can always check ac and arah for run prices

vayne, i agree with you on most stuff, but, let’s be honest here – progression is what drives this kind of games. you become stronger, you learn new tricks, you mess around with all systems that game provides you, and you are have your own goal before you all the time.

gw2 is a great game, i can’t really start any other mmorpg because of gw2 – it looks superb, it acts good, it has some neat ideas.

but, after 80… you can simply say – i have beaten the game and that’s it. while the whole idea of mmorpg, and gw2 as well, is about neverending stuff, a world! and gw2 just gives up at this point. yep, journal is the next big thing, let’s hope it will introduce a lot, but as for this topic – do we really have “good” activities for lvl 80 characters?

my bad, i really want some structured gameplay, where i can take on a challenge and obtain a reward i need, instead of running around aimlessly. i’m sorry, i’m not a spiderman.

anyways even with that grain of salt i’m still at vayne’s side, i like this game, because, well, there’s no that good game at the market at this time.

I’m not anti-progression. I’m anti-raid. I’m anti ultra challenging content that 5% of the community will do and 95% of the community will ignore. That’s what I’m against.

I’m not against new skills or traits. I’m not against new weapons. I’m not against better AI for creatures. I’m against big, instanced, challenging content. I’m against gear grind. I’m against open world PvP.

I never EVER said the game was perfect. I never said the game doesn’t need more build variety. I don’t particularly like the new trait system and I hope they fix it before adding new traits.

But that’s how I want the expansions to be. Someone else said AA and that’s what I like. Alternate advancement. Not more raids or dungeons. That’s not where my fun lies. And I don’t think it’s where most people’s fun lies either.

Godzzila.3752

[SPOILER]

Okay let’s look at dry top. Not all the events are boss events. All the events have to be done. You have one event that has a boss on top of a rocky column that has to be found while jumping his attacks or you get knocked off. That’s not common. There’s similar event in Drytop where you have to build a light bridge by charging it, which involves so manual dexterity in order to complete it. Picking up the charges, running them in. There’s an event where you have to clear an avalanche that works a bit like the guild rushes. You have to ping for traps or it won’t get cleared. Certain events have bonus conditions most of which you have to do in order to get to tier 5. The new enemies are far heavier on conditons the the old enemies. The new wolves will one shot you if they flank you (you know of other creatures in the game that do that), and the new flower enemies will leave long trails of poison and can only really be damaged from the back. There’s more, too, but that should give you the idea. Just having to use the crystals to free the 12 guys imprisoned by inquest is an event like no other in the game.

Here we are entering in the zone of what PEOPLE SHOULD DO instead of what PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DOING… And again we are falling in the old problems.
In scarlet invasion people were SUPPOSED to kill all the invasors but because of bad reawarding system they instead just killed the robots. And this is what happens here too.
The tier is a sad pathetic joke: “Slightly cheaper prices and thats pretty much it!” Which gives no reward to people to actually do it. So instead what people will do are just the events that actually interest their personal taste, which are always the same, and the other part are always the ones that rarely get done: The Hub One, for example…
And this is a major flaw that keeps appearing again and again in GW2. Their Reward System seems to be done by a pair of handless monkeys and always lead to this “conflict of interest”…

I have once gotten to tier 5, pretty sure people did that on accident, nobody really cared, most of the people didn’t even use it and the new rewards and prices just turned out pretty much the same.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Gear treadmills are not progression. They create the illusion of progression in order to keep you paying a subscription fee. There is a reason they are called “carrot on a stick” and that reason is not complimentary.

In GW2, progression is what you make of it. You set your own goals and then try to achieve them. If you don’t feel like you are progressing it is because you’ve not set progressive goals for yourself. If you are incapable of setting progressive goals, then by all means, return to a game that tricks you into handing them money for no reason.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Vayne.8563

[SPOILER]

Here we are entering in the zone of what PEOPLE SHOULD DO instead of what PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DOING… And again we are falling in the old problems.
In scarlet invasion people were SUPPOSED to kill all the invasors but because of bad reawarding system they instead just killed the robots. And this is what happens here too.
The tier is a sad pathetic joke: “Slightly cheaper prices and thats pretty much it!” Which gives no reward to people to actually do it. So instead what people will do are just the events that actually interest their personal taste, which are always the same, and the other part are always the ones that rarely get done: The Hub One, for example…
And this is a major flaw that keeps appearing again and again in GW2. Their Reward System seems to be done by a pair of handless monkeys and always lead to this “conflict of interest”…

I have once gotten to tier 5, pretty sure people did that on accident, nobody really cared, most of the people didn’t even use it and the new rewards and prices just turned out pretty much the same.

That’s funny because people list Tier 5 servers in the LFG tool you were so disparaging about. And people pulled together and communicated in map chat. Happened a bunch of times. And we almost always get to Tier 4 when I play, even at off hours. Do you know why we get to tier 4.

Because there are people like me and my wife who do the events most others don’t do. So yes, there are people who don’t care and people who do. It’s always that way in games. It doesn’t change the game.

You could be one of the people who push the envelope or you could run around on the champ train. But in my map we have people calling out we have enough people at this event, no one else come and most people don’t. They go to the next event. That’s how you get to Tier 5. It’s organized content for big guilds and people who really want to organize.

And for people who don’t, they can go kill champs. That’s freedom for you.

Amere.9607

I’m not anti-progression. I’m anti-raid. I’m anti ultra challenging content that 5% of the community will do and 95% of the community will ignore. That’s what I’m against.

I’m not against new skills or traits. I’m not against new weapons. I’m not against better AI for creatures. I’m against big, instanced, challenging content. I’m against gear grind. I’m against open world PvP.

I never EVER said the game was perfect. I never said the game doesn’t need more build variety. I don’t particularly like the new trait system and I hope they fix it before adding new traits.

But that’s how I want the expansions to be. Someone else said AA and that’s what I like. Alternate advancement. Not more raids or dungeons. That’s not where my fun lies. And I don’t think it’s where most people’s fun lies either.

yes, so i stopped trolls by providing you a way to express your ideas great me)

anyways game is rpg+action, or action+rpg and raids can’t work here by default. just because. but more quests, bigger stories, aditional progression systems can.

what i dream about, is a game like atlantica online crafting+merchendising system in a game like gw2 tons of goods, mass production, helpings selling supporting etc becomes your endgame way before you reach lvl cap. but well

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

-City Raids
- world pvp

The whole PvE part of the game was developed to play cooperative .. and is strictly
seperated from all PvP .. so that nobody is forced to PvP who hates it.

if you want PvP goto WvW or sPvP .. else if you want gank people goto AION.

PvE in this game is one of the easiest out of all the MMOs out there… I mean seriously, majority of the world events are just run around in a zerg (there is no cooperative play here, not sure what you are talking about, you just go around spamming 1 with staff guardian and you win).
Dungs have literally been ignored for 2 years, don’t even bother bringing dungs up. They are also only done once a day for measily gold… terrible rewards in general.
High lvl fracs, while fun imo, have crappy rewards. majority of the ppl running high lvl fracs are just looking for that frac skin but keep getting junk for their time investment

Teq/Wurm does take some planning/coordination but thats a grand spanking 2 events we have and its only done ONCE a day…..

They need to revamp dungs/frac rewards, add some new fractals and make better open world PvE (twisted was good example, small, split up zerg. platform stage was very fun)

DryTop just NOW got added and while its got some different events, its still very much the same as going around Orr and farming orr events…

MMOs survive and last on new content, not re-hashing same stuff.

Godzzila.3752

That’s funny because people list Tier 5 servers in the LFG tool you were so disparaging about. And people pulled together and communicated in map chat. Happened a bunch of times. And we almost always get to Tier 4 when I play, even at off hours. Do you know why we get to tier 4.

Because there are people like me and my wife who do the events most others don’t do. So yes, there are people who don’t care and people who do. It’s always that way in games. It doesn’t change the game.

You could be one of the people who push the envelope or you could run around on the champ train. But in my map we have people calling out we have enough people at this event, no one else come and most people don’t. They go to the next event. That’s how you get to Tier 5. It’s organized content for big guilds and people who really want to organize.

Absolutly no one cares! Tier 5 is a joke with no rewardful feeling to it what so ever. I’m playing on a server that for the last few days has been hitting tier 4 over and over, note: NOBODY IS EVEN TRYING, we once in a while hit 5 but from 4 to 5 people rarely notice and since getting tier 5 requires way more work and doesn’t even reward you properly for that, people just dont try…
It’s just like the Crown Pavillion, after a while we just started to hit Gold over and over again we got more crates (which is better reward then it is right now in Dry Top) but even then the RNG just ruined it for most people

EDIT:
SkiTz actually made a better comparison then mine: Feels a lot like Orr, not Frostgorge, but it’s pretty much the same way of thinking

Amere.9607

Gear treadmills are not progression. They create the illusion of progression in order to keep you paying a subscription fee. There is a reason they are called “carrot on a stick” and that reason is not complimentary.

In GW2, progression is what you make of it. You set your own goals and then try to achieve them. If you don’t feel like you are progressing it is because you’ve not set progressive goals for yourself. If you are incapable of setting progressive goals, then by all means, return to a game that tricks you into handing them money for no reason.

how come visiting 100% vistas is a more “progressive” goal than earning a new gloves?

now, don’t get me wrong, i don’t want new item tiers. but the magic about them is that they bring new content along.

but why are you trying to say, how this game should be played to people with diffrent expectations?

Vayne.8563

Absolutly no one cares! Tier 5 is a joke with no rewardful feeling to it what so ever. I’m playing on a server that for the last few days has been hitting tier 4 over and over, note: NOBODY IS EVEN TRYING, we once in a while hit 5 but from 4 to 5 people rarely notice and since getting tier 5 requires way more work and doesn’t even reward you properly for that, people just dont try…
It’s just like the Crown Pavillion, after a while we just started to hit Gold over and over again we got more crates (which is better reward then it is right now in Dry Top) but even then the RNG just ruined it for most people

EDIT:
SkiTz actually made a better comparison then mine: Feels a lot like Orr, not Frostgorge, but it’s pretty much the same way of thinking

You lose all credibility when you say no one cares. Because I know a guild (it’s not mine) that contacted me just a couple of days ago, and said, hey’re we’re going for tier five, you guys want to come? So someone must care.

They came to a map with five, six commanders and they split up and we got tier 5 repeatedly. They care.

I’m making insect weapons. The difference between Tier 4 and 5 for the recipes is 50 geodes per recipe. I’ve made five weapons so far. I won’t even buy the recipes unless we get to tier 5 now. They’re too expensive otherwise.

Don’t say no one cares, because you don’t speak for everyone.