Is endgame being developed, or what?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

That’s something i just quickly thinked out of the top of my head, a lot of things would have to be ironed out ofc, however here it goes (remember this is just being thinked of the top of my head, im sure someone out there will just start crying over a small problem I didnt think of or something like that):

This zone could be like WvW is, you have a small city with limited progression (ofc) but that could be really extended. You could create crafting zones, shopping zones and stuff like this and than evolve them, better items in the stores the crafting zones started having chances of requiring less materials and stuff like this.
The kind of decisions you would make would be something like this:
Military: Create burning oils, siege weapons to defend against the dragon / possible attacks…
Economy: Develope stores and stuff like this and maybe start stuff like mines where there would be random ores appearing that people could work for.

In order to keep it from hitting “level cap” easily you could intensify the attacks and stuff the more the city is evolved, for example the donations the bigger the city gets the greedier the dragon gets, asking for more and more to a point where it just becomes straight up impossible to satisfy him

By choices there could be a “Contribuitor Points” System, where you by completing events would give those points to whoever is in charge of the city atm and then he would decide what to create on the city. Of course that would then start creating something that a richer guild would always be in control of the city so in order to prevent that if your guild was the leader of the city during lsat month, every contribuition is reduced by 20%, and if the become leaders again, by 40%… etc to force rotation.

Now this would create some rivalities between guilds, but would increase ALOT the teamwork between each guild…

Like this you would have another Non-Racial Capitol city, you would have Progress and you would have challenge when defending the dragon.

I say that as being a city but this can be a personal instance of each guild instead, instead of being map general every guild would have its own, it would be like a guild Hall…

Godzzila.3752

stupid thread.

is there an endgame? no.
are we, as community going to create a discussion and extract points from that? no, we just going to whine, and blame each other for stuff.
can we, as community do something? nope, we are to busy arguing with vayne at forums, because, uknow, that’s how things work

lots of kittening, very little sence. thats kinda ok theese times?

I disagree, I think there is a lot of good suggestions in this thread so far… Is it going to be used? Probably not, but that’s not our fault

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

This game needs way way more endgame content. After 2 years, I just log in, do teq maybe a few dungeons and log out.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

So I have been playing since day 1 beta, I come to the game for a while, and then go and then come back, and everytime I come back I am reminded of why I left in the first place… There is absolutly no endgame… You either farm for a legendary or play the same fractals over, and over, and over, and over, and over again… The new LS season added Dry Top as a new map, which is an amazing map, I really like it, but it took me about 1 hour to see everything new in the map, and then about 1 day to get through all the 3 new “quests” and after that… Back to the “just sitting around” content, where there is no point in doing anything other than farm for a slightly better looking charecter…
Is there any new endgame planed? Like better dungeon mechanics and stuff?
I feel like right now this game as no way to keep anyone interested in it for more than a few months…

No endgame? Are you kidding? Just because the endgame isn’t something you happen to like or be familiar with doesn’t mean there isn’t endgame. And dungeons aren’t the only thing you can do at endgame. You can make a legendary, for example, collect skins, complete achievements and earn titles, collect minis, compete in world vs. world, play through sPvP, participate in living world content, such as new story episodes for example, create and run an alt, organize to fight tequatl or the triple trouble wurm, find/create ascended gear, participate in a roleplaying guild, run guild missions, etc.

So there’s endgame, it just doesn’t happen to be your typical World of Warcraft raiding scenario, which by the way, not everyone happens to enjoy.

(edited by Sorann Peace.9056)

Posted by: Amere.9607

Amere.9607

That’s something i just quickly thinked out of the top of my head, a lot of things would have to be ironed out ofc, however here it goes (remember this is just being thinked of the top of my head, im sure someone out there will just start crying over a small problem I didnt think of or something like that):

This zone could be like WvW is, you have a small city with limited progression (ofc) but that could be really extended. You could create crafting zones, shopping zones and stuff like this and than evolve them, better items in the stores the crafting zones started having chances of requiring less materials and stuff like this.
Military: Create burning oils, siege weapons to defend against the dragon / possible attacks…
Economy: Develope stores and stuff like this and maybe start stuff like mines where there would be random ores appearing that people could work for.

In order to keep it from hitting “level cap” easily you could intensify the attacks and stuff the more the city is evolved, for example the donations the bigger the city gets the greedier the dragon gets, asking for more and more to a point where it just becomes straight up impossible to satisfy him

By choices there could be a “Contribuitor Points” System, where you by completing events would give those points to whoever is in charge of the city atm and then he would decide what to create on the city. Of course that would then start creating something that a richer guild would always be in control of the city so in order to prevent that if your guild was the leader of the city during lsat month, every contribuition is reduced by 20%, and if the become leaders again, by 40%… etc to force rotation.

Now this would create some rivalities between guilds, but would increase ALOT the teamwork between each guild…

Like this you would have another Non-Racial Capitol city, you would have Progress and you would have challenge when defending the dragon.

I say that as being a city but this can be a personal instance of each guild instead, instead of being map general every guild would have its own, it would be like a guild Hall…

so, open world pvp and ganks again?why, what for? any1 who wants to, can just tp to battlegrounds.

lets just turn all of tyria to pvp free zone, and after a month u will play with your fellow pvpers – great solution.

Stormcrow.7513

So there’s endgame, it just doesn’t happen to be your typical World of Warcraft raiding scenario, which by the way, not everyone happens to enjoy.

But some do. The other items you bolded are, after two years, getting stale for most people. Living story is a two hour event with a laundry list of pointless achievements.
We need more events like Teq and Wurm.

Godzzila.3752

so, open world pvp and ganks again?why, what for? any1 who wants to, can just tp to battlegrounds.

lets just turn all of tyria to pvp free zone, and after a month u will play with your fellow pvpers – great solution.

I’m not sure where I said this was a PvP zone, but just to make it clear: this would be a PvE zone…

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

In other games you have overchallenge here you have no challenge at all. And plus in other games most of the monsters you can’t kill in 1v1 are bosses (which you can’t do here also) and dungeon monsters (made to be killed in a group) just an FYI…

Oh yeah, no challange, whatever. And absolutelly no 1v1 against bosses.

Thanks for making my point even better by giving an example of how easy this game turns out to be.

Can you link your fractal lvl50 solo? I know you won’t and just find a poor excuse and continue to troll, but who knows right?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The “endgame” conundrum in this game really comes down to point of view. What would be interesting endgame for one player would not for many others.

In terms of PVE, every new living story season should offer something for everyone to do for the foreseeable future, specifically -

- New Open World PVE Maps
- New Dungeons
- New Guild Missions
- New Storylines
- New World Bosses
- New Jumping Puzzles
- New Crafting

Beyond that, as I said in an earlier post, they really need to aggressively implement the new trait/utility skill character progression they talked about in blogs earlier this year.

I think the basic structure is in place for all of these things – and I still have confidence we will see them. It is just a matter of ArenaNet getting a cadence down and better systems in place to quickly implement ALL of these things (not a minor undertaking).

Sorann Peace.9056

But some do. The other items you bolded are, after two years, getting stale for most people. Living story is a two hour event with a laundry list of pointless achievements.
We need more events like Teq and Wurm.

A few of those things weren’t there at launch anyways. Tequatl isn’t even a year old since the revamp, and triple trouble is like half a year old. In addition, I do not want raiding since that implies vertical progression which then leads to a gear grind which I specifically bought this game to avoid. In WoW, raiding is virtually the only endgame, and it isn’t even that accessible for people.

I like having accessible content in Gw2, rather than the elitist raiding system that WoW uses, where people are encouraged not to group with you even though you’re fully capable of running a raid, just because you happen to have an item level that isn’t the best of the best.

Godzzila.3752

In other games you have overchallenge here you have no challenge at all. And plus in other games most of the monsters you can’t kill in 1v1 are bosses (which you can’t do here also) and dungeon monsters (made to be killed in a group) just an FYI…

Thanks for making my point even better by giving an example of how easy this game turns out to be.

Can you link your fractal lvl50 solo? I know you won’t and just find a poor excuse and continue to troll, but who knows right?

Do you even read all the topic? Im guessing: no, so yeh… This is awkward
You clearly don’t undestand the point.
Soloing lvl50 is not considered “endgame” because the game not only doesn’t reward you, as it doesn’t ever ask you to do this…
Is like doing 1 million laps around Lion Guard, It requires dedication, it requires time, but doesn’t make it endgame content, does it?

(edited by Godzzila.3752)

Amere.9607

but, but…

what does game really lack? raids? no one cares, quests? some, like me do, but it’s minority, and then there are hungry children around the globe, and we here are… nvm.

Sorann Peace.9056

Soloing lvl50 is not considered “challenging” because the game not only doesn’t reward you, as it doesn’t ever ask you to do this…
Is like doing 1 million laps around Lion Guard, It requires dedication, it requires time, but doesn’t make it endgame content, does it?

I fail to see what you mean. Endgame content is endgame content. It’s content that one does at the end of a game’s leveling experience. It doesn’t matter how challenging it is to you (which is entirely subjective btw), it’s still endgame content. You’re not seriously trying to tell me Fractals of the Mists isn’t endgame content, are you? Especially since that’s one of its primary functions.

Amere.9607

I fail to see what you mean.

i think he wants to play power fantasy, become somekind of sephirot and get content where he can utilize his new powers

arent mmorpgs about that?

Godzzila.3752

Soloing lvl50 is not considered “challenging” because the game not only doesn’t reward you, as it doesn’t ever ask you to do this…

I fail to see what you mean. Endgame content is endgame content. It’s content that one does at the end of a game’s leveling experience. It doesn’t matter how challenging it is to you (which is entirely subjective btw), it’s still endgame content. You’re not seriously trying to tell me Fractals of the Mists isn’t endgame content, are you? Especially since that’s one of its primary functions.

I’m going to explain to you:
This game is not challenging, This game is way easier < First 2 thoughts

I created this topic stating that there is no proper endgame, you have FOTM, but it is just repetitive and not that challenging as long as you get the proper gear for the proper level.

Dalanor posted as an example of Challenging Endgame Content of a guy doing solo lvl 50 fractals of the mists. This is NOT endgame content (doing FOTM is endgame content but handicaping yourself doesn’t make it challenging endgame content, is still endgame but doesn’t make that endgame challenging for reasons I’m about to explain)

Doing this and considering this solo the Challenging Endgame is bullkitten for the reasons that it’s never asked in the game for you to do so nor you are rewarded for doing so (making it so that it was not intended by the developers for such thing to be done)

It’s like playing Super Mario (the most casualest of games out there) and handicapping yourself to the point where you can never pickup any powerup NOR collect 1ups (via coins). The “game” becomes WAAY harder and challenging, but does this make the actual game itself harder?

I hope I made it easier to understand why doing solo lvl50 fotm is not endgame :P

Stormcrow.7513

Raiding doesn’t have to be a gear treadmill. Make it cosmetic(aka like gw1). New skins, new armor can be obtained from raiding.
GW2 is a themepark style game, when you have ridden all the rides, you don’t want to renew your seasons pass.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

What’s funny is that the things OP is listing as design flaws, I consider to be fantastic design features. Specifically horizontal progression rather than vertical.

You know what’s nice? I can quit the game for a year and come back and my armor isn’t obsolete. I will still be able to complete all new and old content. I don’t have to grind some instances to get gear to grind the next set of instances to have the best gear, and then a year later an expansion makes me obsolete again. I like that so much it has ruined literally every other MMO for me.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Amere.9607

I hope I made it easier to understand why doing solo lvl50 fotm is not endgame :P

but then, what is an endgame? do we need solid snake and boxes for end game? or u know there’s like tons of free mmorpgs outhere, where’s good endgame? in wow?

i think, before asking for endgame, you really need to understand what endgame is

Amere.9607

some dudes where crying about gw2 when wildstar or teso comes out and look at us now – we are stil loving this game

Godzzila.3752

but then, what is an endgame? do we need solid snake and boxes for end game? or u know there’s like tons of free mmorpgs outhere, where’s good endgame? in wow?

i think, before asking for endgame, you really need to understand what endgame is

I won’t change games because by far Guild Wars 2 has the best MMO Engine out there. And multiple endgames defenitions where already presented in this same topic mine being: Challenging and with Progression

(btw everytime I say this someone ends up crying somewhere in the world because I am asking for raids, I am not, and I won’t bother reading any other posts that implies so.)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I won’t change games because by far Guild Wars 2 has the best MMO Engine out there. And multiple endgames defenitions where already presented in this same topic mine being: Challenging and with Progression

(btw everytime I say this someone ends up crying somewhere in the world because I am asking for raids, I am not, and I won’t bother reading any other posts that implies so.)

“Progression” is a loaded word and could use clarification.

If you are talking about anything that makes a character more powerful stat-wise a month from now than it is today, then no thanks. Part of the allure of this game is the lack of an ongoing gear/stat treadmill.

If, however, you mean the trait and utilities progression system Anet outlined a few months back, Im fully on board. I loved the idea when they first announced it and I still love it now.

Godzzila.3752

If you are talking about anything that makes a character more powerful stat-wise a month from now than it is today, then no thanks. Part of the allure of this game is the lack of an ongoing gear/stat treadmill.

If, however, you mean the trait and utilities progression system Anet outlined a few months back, Im fully on board. I loved the idea when they first announced it and I still love it now.

Any kind of progression, skills would probably be the right path for this game to go, but progression can be something other than charecter-wise. Progression in Guilds for example kitten far the progression are just passive buffs, they could have Guild Halls or something along those lines

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Any kind of progression, skills would probably be the right path for this game to go, but progression can be something other than charecter-wise. Progression in Guilds for example kitten far the progression are just passive buffs, they could have Guild Halls or something along those lines

-Revamp WvW. One of the few endgame aspects of this game and the sole reason a lot of ppl keep playing yet anet hardly gives it any attention… there’s so much potential in WvW but anet just doesn’t care.

-sPvP, for the love of god, add new game modes, its been 2 years. GW1 was one of the finest PvP MMOs out there and the reason I bought gw2…but dear god sPvP might be one of the most neglected aspects in this game. I’m not going to bother getting into it but again, anet obviously has no intention on doing anything about sPvP. These tournaments/E-sports hype is hysterically bad. Just look at the twitch viewers during TOL

-Revamp dungs/Frac rewards – lol, pretty much forget it. not happening.

2.5/3 of this game is pretty much neglected by anet.

LS and gemstore is all we see for 6+ months straight than maybe, JUST MAYBE, we might get something for other aspects in this game.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I believe someone said it best when they said GW2 is more for the leisurely/casual player. Not really for someone who hardcore/no-life games all day every day. (not saying that to be negative).

As a casual and farmer myself, I admire the work put into every zone on landscape, random NPC commentary, and events.

However, I’m not to keen on the Living Story though. I find it boring and am tired of seeing the kissy-facing commentary. I also don’t like the new zones/quests in it- they feel dismal and empty.

End-game content for me would be to add more zones similar to what the game started with (in terms of graphics, events, etc) and a couple of dungeons and a few more levels. I think that just adding a tiny piece of nothing with a boring story isn’t really enough. Not for me anyway.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Godzzila.3752

I believe someone said it best when they said GW2 is more for the leisurely/casual player. Not really for someone who hardcore/no-life games all day every day. (not saying that to be negative).

As a casual and farmer myself, I admire the work put into every zone on landscape, random NPC commentary, and events.

However, I’m not to keen on the Living Story though. I find it boring and am tired of seeing the kissy-facing commentary. I also don’t like the new zones/quests in it- they feel dismal and empty.

End-game content for me would be to add more zones similar to what the game started with (in terms of graphics, events, etc) and a couple of dungeons and a few more levels. I think that just adding a tiny piece of nothing with a boring story isn’t really enough. Not for me anyway.

This.
Endgame can easily be diffrent than Hardcore content

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Raids are awesome, i still do it in other games, cause is something unique repetable, as someone told no one wanna a gear treadmill, but skins etc etc raids u can do once per week make them special, with some different team compositions like 8 or more ppl should be really awesome…
I play this game since bwe i m the one who log in just for teq and daily and i do this no everyday, there is some entire weeks i dont play anymore.. ; dont care about legendary treadmill or living story, i wanna enjoy the game with friends/guildis with something special like raids are

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Raids are awesome, i still do it in other games, cause is something unique repetable, as someone told no one wanna a gear treadmill, but skins etc etc raids u can do once per week make them special, with some different team compositions like 8 or more ppl should be really awesome…
I play this game since bwe i m the one who log in just for teq and daily and i do this no everyday, there is some entire weeks i dont play anymore.. ; dont care about legendary treadmill or living story, i wanna enjoy the game with friends/guildis with something special like raids are

So many of us came here specifically to get away from raids.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Well, there is a point that all my real life friends were a) never interested in Guild Wars b) left after a couple of hours or c) left after about 3-6 months. Most of those people are avid PC gamers since years that play RTS, RPGs, Hack n Slash etc. They like other games much more, like Diablo or WoW. It just seems that real gamers just find too littel to do. You level up and watch the story, that’s it.

Guild Wars 1 at least had elite areas/dungeons like the UW, FoW and later got Urgoz’ Warren, The Deep and DoA. GW2 has just nothing, I mean literally NOTHING (no I don’t count fractals as an elite dungeon). There NEED to be more substantial content for such players. I like Dry Top, it has a great design, but let’s face it: it’s the only we got after 1.5 years (Southsun Cove) and you have seen the events and achievements in a couple of hours.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Vayne.8563

Well, there is a point that all my real life friends were a) never interested in guild wars b) left after a couple of hours or c) left after about 3-6 months. Most of those people are avid PC gamers since years that play RTS, RPGs, Hack n Slash etc. They like other games much more, like Diablo or WoW. It just seems that real gamers just find too littel to do. You level up and watch the story, that’s it.

Guild wars 1 at least had elite areas/dungeons like the UW, FoW and later got Urgoz’ Warren, The Deep and DoA. GW2 has just nothing, I mean literally NOTHING (no I don’t count as fractals as an elite dungeon). There NEED to be more substantial content for such players. I like Dry Top, it has a great design, but let’s face it: it’s the only we got after 1.5 yeras (Southsun Cove) and you have seen the events and achievements in a couple of hours.

Real gamers. I wonder if you realize how offensive that is.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s just a word, don’t focus on this. I just tried to make a difference between a casual and an avid gamer since years. I’d like to hear an answer from you about this topic.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Vayne.8563

It’s just a word, don’t focus on this. I just tried to make a difference between a casual and an avid gamer since years. I’d like to hear an answer from you about this topic.

I think the problem is, you can’t just make a difference between casual and avid gamer. I bet I play more hours a week than most of the people you know and I did in Guild Wars 1 also. But I rarely ran elite content, because it wasn’t fun to me.

Godzzila.3752

I think by avid players he means people that actual feel that are getting better as they play, not players that are just Ok by using the base skills / mechanics of the game and that want to “master” them

Vayne.8563

I think by avid players he means people that actual feel that are getting better as they play, not players that are just Ok by using the base skills / mechanics of the game and that want to “master” them

Yes, I’ve gotten much better at the game, and I’m improving all the time. But I’m still not looking to be challenged regularly or rather, as often as I want to be challenged there’s enough in the game to do that for me. I’m not saying Anet shouldn’t add challenging content. I’m saying that whatever Anet adds, it’s not going to be enough unless they focus on it, which they can’t afford to do.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

I’m back.
Endgame level 80 ( by endgame I mean things to do at level 80 only)

I think a good idea would be to add mini-games like I suggested earlier,
But more importantly there needs to be a non gear progress content but something that can still be progressive without causing people to be singled out and better than other people.

I’d suggest hard to get titles, maybe even meta titles for example

- complete all dungeons and complete 100% map gives you the “hero of tyria” title

- complete all crafts and craft 6 ascended pieces " ascended crafter"

- complete all fractals and acquire a fractal skin " Master fracter"

You get the idea…. Meta achievements for achievements

It’s so easily implemented

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Godzzila.3752

Yes, I’ve gotten much better at the game, and I’m improving all the time. But I’m still not looking to be challenged regularly or rather, as often as I want to be challenged there’s enough in the game to do that for me. I’m not saying Anet shouldn’t add challenging content. I’m saying that whatever Anet adds, it’s not going to be enough unless they focus on it, which they can’t afford to do.

TBH I don’t think they can afford that much time in the gemshop either, but the great majority of content being released for this game is Gemshop items…

Zardul.3952

It won’t be a fix but can be a filler

Zardul.3952

It’s too straight forward for endgame. Putting legends aside. I think there needs to be more “Carrots” that give you a prestige feeling

Vayne.8563

TBH I don’t think they can afford that much time in the gemshop either, but the great majority of content being released for this game is Gemshop items…

Yes for example this week’s temshop items are a bunch of stuff they introduced earlier in a pack and a re-skinned charr backpack. Obviously they put huge work in it.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you want end game then don’t only try to progress your character, progress also your own skills. Challenge yourself. Make your own goals.

Zardul.3952

I just reached 10,000 achievements
And as good as it feels it’s not offering much in a sense of prestige

The gear is a nice touch but it’s all the same. (Zenith)

Maybe give us the option to level again from level 1
And then reaching 80 unlocked prestige skins or weapons

After all leveling is wht makes this game fun, I would do it again.

Vayne.8563

So you’re playing for prestige. You’re playing to impress other people. I get it now. People don’t care what you have in game. It’s an MMO. No matter what you do, you won’t be a special little snowflake.

I’m at over 19,000 achievement points and no one gives a kitten . And that’s okay. Why should it even matter?

Zardul.3952

Well I’ve gotten to the point of being able to roam and pvp as a ranger. I even did it naked once. ( no gear)
All these little things were fun little events I made my own but after you have done all that

It comes back to the same issue. It’s too boring at 80

Zardul.3952

So you’re playing for prestige. You’re playing to impress other people. I get it now. People don’t care what you have in game. It’s an MMO. No matter what you do, you won’t be a special little snowflake.

I’m at over 19,000 achievement points and no one gives a kitten . And that’s okay. Why should it even matter?

Isn’t that the whole point of gemstore and legends

Vayne.8563

Well I’ve gotten to the point of being able to roam and pvp as a ranger. I even did it naked once. ( no gear)
All these little things were fun little events I made my own but after you have done all that

I really don’t think this game was designed to challenge people constantly. I don’t think that’s the purpose of this game. It wasn’t the purpose of Skyrim either. Not everyone game is going to be challenging to everyone. And there are plenty of people who are challenged by this game. For some people it’s too hard.

So if you don’t want to solo dungeons and go for speed records, I don’t know what to tell you. But I don’t think they’ll ever add enough hard content to satisfy someone like you.

Zardul.3952

I really don’t think this game was designed to challenge people constantly. I don’t think that’s the purpose of this game. It wasn’t the purpose of Skyrim either. Not everyone game is going to be challenging to everyone. And there are plenty of people who are challenged by this game. For some people it’s too hard.

So if you don’t want to solo dungeons and go for speed records, I don’t know what to tell you. But I don’t think they’ll ever add enough hard content to satisfy someone like you.

Solo dungeon is an exploit, no1 should do that.

There is no reason not to add harder content. I’d be happy if I could chose how hard I want my achievements and events.

Casuals could play casual and I could play how I want to play. Hardcore mode.

Everyone plays for different a things and if I’m not mistaken the ethos for this game was that you could play how you want.

Hard content surely fits into that

Zardul.3952

Sorry for mistakes, posting off my phone.. I got builder fingers lol

Zardul.3952

Triple trouble Wurm and new teq, are things I enjoy doing.

Zerging and farming dungeons, mashing the number 1 skill is not how I see a fun game.

Again with that said, a balance and change to aquire harder content with same loot as casual

It’s just makes the game that much better.

Vayne.8563

There is no reason not to add harder content. I’d be happy if I could chose how hard I want my achievements and events.

Everyone plays for different a things and if I’m not mistaken the ethos for this game was that you could play how you want.

Question for you. Would you still want the harder content if it didn’t come with better rewards? Because that’s really the sticking point.

You put rewards that most people can get, and you risk upsetting people who feel suddenly they’re second class citizens. People don’t want to see others have shinies they can’t have, even if those people “worked” for it.

Without the better rewards, most people won’t do the content. People tend to take the fastest, easiest way to get what they want. Fractals are less played because of the lack of reward. So would any other difficult content.

Godzzila.3752

This is abssolutly not true. It’s one of the main diffrences between MMOs and Single Player RPG’s.
One of the big points of the MMOS is after all your work you can “brag” your self to other people, make you feel diffrent from everyone else, make you feel more “heroic”. That’s why endgame exists, people are done getting their chars to maximum level and now it’s not only about making your char more efficient as it is also to be able to be recognized by other players for something that you have done / achieved. After all that’s the WHOLE point of the Titles and Legendaries.

Zardul.3952

Question for you. Would you still want the harder content if it didn’t come with better rewards? Because that’s really the sticking point.

You put rewards that most people can get, and you risk upsetting people who feel suddenly they’re second class citizens. People don’t want to see others have shinies they can’t have, even if those people “worked” for it.

Without the better rewards, most people won’t do the content. People tend to take the fastest, easiest way to get what they want. Fractals are less played because of the lack of reward. So would any other difficult content.

I don’t care for rewards, I do like the prestige feeling of being able to do those hard events.

I agree rewards should stay the same for both casual and hardcore.

If everything stays at easy mode, people get bored, like you said people make their own challenges.

But it would be nice of there were more options to create those personal challenges