Great Wurm slayer title
Legendaries
The whole concept we can see each other’s achievement points
The sun bringer
The blazing light
Champion titles for pvp

All these are prestige,
But I would like to see more options.
Most player have all that, like myself.( apart from tournament )

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Is endgame being developed, or what?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Do most players have those things? The Blazing Light maybe, but I think I have seen… 1/4 of the characters ever spending enough amount of time doing PvP or going through the process of legendaries, let alone touching the Great Wurm enough to get the title.

Not to say I don’t agree that more challenge options would be fine, but most players don’t adapt to the grindtastic qualities of legendaries, PvP titles or horrid wurm timers/coordination. We’d need it in a different fashion.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Raids are awesome, i still do it in other games, cause is something unique repetable, as someone told no one wanna a gear treadmill, but skins etc etc raids u can do once per week make them special, with some different team compositions like 8 or more ppl should be really awesome…
I play this game since bwe i m the one who log in just for teq and daily and i do this no everyday, there is some entire weeks i dont play anymore.. ; dont care about legendary treadmill or living story, i wanna enjoy the game with friends/guildis with something special like raids are

So many of us came here specifically to get away from raids.

Because in oer game u r forced to play it for have better stats here you can play only kittenwanna, i doesent suggest a treadmill, reward should be exclusive skins so if u dont like u can avoid it w/o lose anything

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

It’s just nice to have something to work for.
I’m just one of those people who strive to get better and progess harder and longer.

It was one of main reasons I stuck to my ranger because it was harder to play and survive

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I just reached 10,000 achievements
And as good as it feels it’s not offering much in a sense of prestige

The gear is a nice touch but it’s all the same. (Zenith)

Maybe give us the option to level again from level 1
And then reaching 80 unlocked prestige skins or weapons

After all leveling is wht makes this game fun, I would do it again.

So you’re playing for prestige. You’re playing to impress other people. I get it now. People don’t care what you have in game. It’s an MMO. No matter what you do, you won’t be a special little snowflake.

I’m at over 19,000 achievement points and no one gives a kitten . And that’s okay. Why should it even matter?

This is abssolutly not true. It’s one of the main diffrences between MMOs and Single Player RPG’s.
One of the big points of the MMOS is after all your work you can “brag” your self to other people, make you feel diffrent from everyone else, make you feel more “heroic”. That’s why endgame exists, people are done getting their chars to maximum level and now it’s not only about making your char more efficient as it is also to be able to be recognized by other players for something that you have done / achieved. After all that’s the WHOLE point of the Titles and Legendaries.

I totally agree with that in gw2 there is no way to show off your skills and things you achieved , everything is gold based but things like www,pvp lvl are hiden becasue less skilled players will fell bad becasue their rank is lower .There are even no rewards for playing pvp,www becasue when Anet wants to add special unique armor,skin whatever pve community is crying on the forum to put it on the gemstore or tp .Today I saw in LA map chat people talking that animal finishers(shark,phoenix,dragon)should be on gemstore becasue they want it but cant get it .Every time when somebody posts idea to mix pvp with pve community is crying that these 2 aspects should never cross each other but they should every environment should have its own rewards and things to master . In this game pve i master race and other aspects are only some addon to pve community .

I really miss that in gw2 what was making other mmos special when you were hanging around some action house or other place where players were spending a lot of their time and suddenly boom you see that guy skill over 9000 and you know that he will smash you on pvp or duel in few sec .

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

So you’re playing for prestige. You’re playing to impress other people. I get it now. People don’t care what you have in game. It’s an MMO. No matter what you do, you won’t be a special little snowflake.

I’m at over 19,000 achievement points and no one gives a kitten . And that’s okay. Why should it even matter?

This is abssolutly not true. It’s one of the main diffrences between MMOs and Single Player RPG’s.
One of the big points of the MMOS is after all your work you can “brag” your self to other people, make you feel diffrent from everyone else, make you feel more “heroic”. That’s why endgame exists, people are done getting their chars to maximum level and now it’s not only about making your char more efficient as it is also to be able to be recognized by other players for something that you have done / achieved. After all that’s the WHOLE point of the Titles and Legendaries.

I really miss that in gw2 what was making other mmos special when you were hanging around some action house or other place where players were spending a lot of their time and suddenly boom you see that guy skill over 9000 and you know that he will smash you on pvp or duel in few sec .

Yeah I know right! I often find myself looking at someone’s awesome-looking armor, but the fact that you can get it easily askitten* makes it lose anything special about it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I totally agree with that in gw2 there is no way to show off your skills and things you achieved

The game will surely die because 5% of the playerbase can’t show that they are soooo
much better than the other 95%. Because that makes the game so much better for
those 95% .. to see things that they never will have and instead kneel down and
worship those godly 5%.

Truth is : Nope .. those 95% have gotten more and more kittened of to just see that they
will never get those shinies … and they also want a chance to get them. And thats why
they now play GW2 instead of random raid-grinder.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes yes, that’s the whole point. Everyone is massively impressed with legendaries and titles. Except they’re everywhere and most people don’t care. They’re just as likely to see a legendary and think you bought it as think you worked for it in game. They’re just as likely to see a title and think you exploited to get it.

I’ve never seen someone with a legendary and thought wow, that’s amazing that guy is cool. I have seen some people that dressed to look cool and thought they were trying to hard to look cool and looked rather foolish however.

Godzzila.3752

I totally agree with that in gw2 there is no way to show off your skills and things you achieved

The game will surely die because 5% of the playerbase can’t show that they are soooo
much better than the other 95%. Because that makes the game so much better for
those 95% .. to see things that they never will have and instead kneel down and
worship those godly 5%.

Truth is : Nope .. those 95% have gotten more and more kittened of to just see that they
will never get those shinies … and they also want a chance to get them. And thats why
they now play GW2 instead of random raid-grinder.

Yeah, instead of random raid-grinder we have zerg-grinder.
Fun potential: WAY HIGHER
Organization: WAY HIGHER
Strategy: WAY HIGHER

This is for sure a winning idea.

(Also, again: I’m not suggesting raids, I just think it’s funny for some people think Raids[which require organization, strategy] is a NO-NO, but Zergs[Just running around in big mindless-groups spaming skills] are 100% ok…)

EDIT:
Well, yeah Vayne, that’s my point… Having a game where people can get EVERYTHING at anypoint with little to no-challenge at all just leads to everything just feeling worthless…

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

but what is the problem with higher level difficulty content you already said that we are supposed to set our own targets ,so set yours if arah p4 is too difficult dont do this go cof p1 . And yh higher lvl =better reward if you wanna tell me that 2 hour raid should give me 1g and 2 blue it is sad . If some people want to run cof p1 let them do this but dont let them think that running this easy 7 min crap is equal to some hardcore content becasue it is not . I don`t know why people think that they can get whatever they want . you cant it is basic rule of life , you can try but nobody tells you that you will achive that . same should be mmo , you can try this content but nobody tells you that you will finish it .

Beldin.5498

(Also, again: I’m not suggesting raids, I just think it’s funny for some people think Raids[which require organization, strategy] is a NO-NO, but Zergs[Just running around in big mindless-groups spaming skills] are 100% ok…)

The thing is .. you can join and leave a zerg whenever you want .. and you don’t have
to stay around waiting for hours for other people, then wait that a “leader” tells you
what to do and that you have to shut up .. and then after finally doing a fight you
wipe and then have to wait again until the “leader” tells you what you did wrong
and what will be done next .. and so on and so on.

For example : now and then i farm Arcodus in Frostgorge for T6 mats .. every now and
then comes a group of players to kill the Champ Snowtroll .. often i then just jump
down to join them .. kill troll .. and then go back to my Arctodus while they go to
the next champ.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Godzzila.3752

The thing is .. you can join and leave a zerg whenever you want .. and you don’t have
to stay around waiting for hours for other people, then wait that a “leader” tells you
what to do and that you have to shut up .. and then after finally doing a fight you
wipe and then have to wait again until the “leader” tells you what you did wrong
and what will be done next .. and so on and so on.

For example : now and then i farm Arcodus in Frostgorge for T6 mats .. every now and
then comes a group of players to kill the Champ Snowtroll .. often i then just jump
down to join them .. kill troll .. and then go back to my Arctodus while they go to
the next champ.

But raids Is not about playing with Pugs, Is something you would do with your guild or something like that, like a Guild Challenge. The fact that everybody can join and leave a zerg everytime they wants just makes everybody feel more useless… I’m not saying zergs should be abolished (because that would be impossible by now) but instead of making zergs the ONLY WAY (since every new content seems to be focused on only zerg-minded events) they can expand and maybe add some content that actual requires organization and puts thought into it.

Point is: Zergs and “Raids” can co-exist.

(And yet again: I’m not supportive of Raids)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Raids are awesome, i still do it in other games, cause is something unique repetable, as someone told no one wanna a gear treadmill, but skins etc etc raids u can do once per week make them special, with some different team compositions like 8 or more ppl should be really awesome…
I play this game since bwe i m the one who log in just for teq and daily and i do this no everyday, there is some entire weeks i dont play anymore.. ; dont care about legendary treadmill or living story, i wanna enjoy the game with friends/guildis with something special like raids are

So many of us came here specifically to get away from raids.

i want endgame goals, but i have very little desire for instanced 12+ people content. I like difficulty adventure and rewards, but i dont really like managing 18+ people, and i dont like feeling like one semi useless soldier among many.

That said, not everything in the game has to be designed around me, it wouldnt hurt for it to exist, as long as it isnt the only endgame goals/progression available, or the only way to get any cool stuff (its fine if they have some exclusive stuff as long as other endgame stuff has its own things)

Beldin.5498

One big problem for me with all those crys for “challenging” stuff is, that MMO endgame
is always about repeating the same stuff again and again, and in the end i’m fine to have
beaten a “challenge” once but then i say : no never again.

I even see that in those new LS 2 storys .. personally for me those endbosses are at least
that special kind of “challenge” that i find more than annoying and i do that once but
will also never repeat it.

And yeah .. i’m even already a little tired about all those new mobs that constantly
give you 3-4 different conditions all the time and then also deal massive direct damage.
The one champ in Iron Marches for example took my warrior for example every
20 seconds half of her life and gave her 3-4 conditions .. and that even on longbow
range and there wasn’t any visible sign to dodge. So it was hit & run all the time,
hit for a while .. then run away to heal up ..

But i know .. other players will easily solo them ..

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

8-10 ppl should be a good compromise, u should think raid is doable once per week so u can organize it with guild… i’ve done that in other games when role was important and we never got problems to run it and it also was a small guild

Posted by: Neurochazm.5370

Neurochazm.5370

I totally agree with that in gw2 there is no way to show off your skills and things you achieved .

Is your real life so lacking, that you have to get satisfaction from bragging to complete strangers about a few shiny pixels you have acquired?

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve never seen someone with a legendary and thought wow, that’s amazing that guy is cool. I have seen some people that dressed to look cool and thought they were trying to hard to look cool and looked rather foolish however.

^^^This. I’ve never once seen someone with a legendary and thought omg how impressive. The first thing I think is “I wonder how much that dude paid for it” and then followed with “I wonder if he’s mad that so many people have that same legendary.”

The players that impress me are the ones that have skins I know you can’t just buy or people that mix and match from sets and look awesome doing it.

Same goes for Ascended armor. Can’t even count how many people I’ve seen running around in the full Ascended armor set with ascended weapons, which IMO are hideous (armor not the weapons—the weapons are kinda cool I suppose). My opinion is that the majority of people are only wearing that armor so people see them and know they have Ascended, because for some reason status is so important to them. The “prestige”.

I’ve got full ascended and you’d never know it to look at me. I guess it just comes down to different player personalities.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

It’s just a word, don’t focus on this. I just tried to make a difference between a casual and an avid gamer since years. I’d like to hear an answer from you about this topic.

casual and hardcore,
rather than “avid” to describe the different players?

casuals can spend MANY hours in game, it’s not necessarily a time thing. It used to be, yes, not it’s more..
The sims, that’s a casual game, seeing it in terms of games, makes it easier to understand the difference between casuals and hardcore gamers.
Time difference, is an old definition, and shouldn’t be held to.

Vayne.8563

It’s just a word, don’t focus on this. I just tried to make a difference between a casual and an avid gamer since years. I’d like to hear an answer from you about this topic.

casual and hardcore,

casuals can spend MANY hours in game, it’s not necessarily a time thing. It used to be, yes, not it’s more..
The sims, that’s a casual game, seeing it in terms of games, makes it easier to understand the difference between casuals and hardcore gamers.

Causal players think I’m hard core. Hard core players think I’m casual. It’s not an on/off switch, after all.

My approach the games is casual, but I usually end up doing all the content. I just don’t repeat all the content. I’ve finished all the content in Guild Wars 1, for example. But I didn’t run most of the elite content more than once. Oh I did the Deep a couple of times, and FoW. Even solo farmed the underworld with my Rit on occasion. Very rare occasion. I did DOA and killed Duncan Black but at the end of the day that stuff didn’t interest me all that much.

The problem is, the most loyal players aren’t from one side of the divide or another. Plenty of hard core players are loyal and plenty move to other games. Plenty of casual players are loyal and plenty move to other games.

Now we run into the question of what percentage of the player base actually does that more challenging content, and how much time and effort will Anet put to cater to that demographic. Because that’s really the question.

We don’t have the numbers, and Anet does. They know how many people by percentage do the ultra hard stuff. I’m pretty sure if that was their main demographic, if it was enough people, they’d produce more of that content. But they don’t. They produce more of the other type of content. Fortunately for me I like the stuff they come out with.

I wouldn’t care much for more dungeons, and certainly not for raids. I’d do them to help others get through them, but they’ll never be my main focus.

But again if Anet saw most people did that stuff, Anet might make more of it, more often. It would be really interesting if Anet would provide some details as to how many people are doing different content by percentage if not numbers. I think most people would be surprised.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think the term "End Game’ is just a term used to describe gear grind. So many players feel they HAVE to have a gear grind experience in a game. In an MMO, that is supposed to be a living world, there will be no end game as new things are being developed and that is what players will do.

I prefer no ‘End Game’ to a gear grind experience.

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

casual and hardcore,

Causal players think I’m hard core. Hard core players think I’m casual. It’s not an on/off switch, after all.

My approach the games is casual, but I usually end up doing all the content. I just don’t repeat all the content. I’ve finished all the content in Guild Wars 1, for example. But I didn’t run most of the elite content more than once. Oh I did the Deep a couple of times, and FoW. Even solo farmed the underworld with my Rit on occasion. Very rare occasion. I did DOA and killed Duncan Black but at the end of the day that stuff didn’t interest me all that much.

The problem is, the most loyal players aren’t from one side of the divide or another. Plenty of hard core players are loyal and plenty move to other games. Plenty of casual players are loyal and plenty move to other games.

Now we run into the question of what percentage of the player base actually does that more challenging content, and how much time and effort will Anet put to cater to that demographic. Because that’s really the question.

We don’t have the numbers, and Anet does. They know how many people by percentage do the ultra hard stuff. I’m pretty sure if that was their main demographic, if it was enough people, they’d produce more of that content. But they don’t. They produce more of the other type of content. Fortunately for me I like the stuff they come out with.

I wouldn’t care much for more dungeons, and certainly not for raids. I’d do them to help others get through them, but they’ll never be my main focus.

But again if Anet saw most people did that stuff, Anet might make more of it, more often. It would be really interesting if Anet would provide some details as to how many people are doing different content by percentage if not numbers. I think most people would be surprised.

skill lvl must be really low when most ppl you see set their traits only once in their life or change it using guide found in the internet becasue they dont know how it works

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

There was no end game in GW1.
There was optional skin/achievement grind. (You could literally get maxed character with all maxed stats and all skills in less than 5 hours.)
GW2 doesn’t even have that. RNG is beyond insane and acquiring something rare and good looking is next to impossible.
Not to mention all the good looking weapon and armor skins get added only through the gem store.
And these are only few issues of the PvE.
WvW and sPvP is entirely different cluster kitten.

Vayne.8563

There was optional skin/achievement grind. (You could literally get maxed character with all maxed stats and all skills in less than 5 hours.)
GW2 doesn’t even have that. RNG is beyond insane and acquiring something rare and good looking is next to impossible.
Not to mention all the good looking weapon and armor skins get added only through the gem store.

Getting something rare and good looking are next to impossible? How so?

Most of the rare stuff can be bought on the trading post and most of it isn’t that expensive. Plenty of good looking stuff for not that much gold. Dungeon weapons and armor are available for anyone who wants to run dungeons. The skins in WvW are pretty cool and are available to anyone who gets badges, which now includes achievement hunters. There are plenty of karma skins floating around and karma isn’t that hard to come by.

And yes there are rare expensive skins just like there were in Guild War 1. The frog scepter, the bone dragon staff, the celestial compass, the voltaic spear, all rare items. I farmed for the stupid frog scepter. I ran Bogroot Growths so many times and never got one.

And yes, while many of the new skins are only on the trading post, just about all of them can be found on the black lion trading post. They aren’t particularly more costly than the high end weapons in Guild Wars 1.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Hell, from what I understand, there was a depressing percentage of players who never even LOOKED at their traits in this game (and probably still don’t really), much less experimented with them.

I keep hearing people say this but I seriously do not believe it. Its data pulled from metrics to support what they are selling. If we had the full data would it show that its a huge portion of players that never made it to level 20? Would it show that its mostly players that played for only 1 month and have never logged in again. Is it from players that just never got to a level where they had points to put in so they never bothered looking at the trait window. Its pretty easy to use metrics to say “this percentage of player accounts have characters that never opened the trait window”. And its just as easy for them to narrow it down to “A high percentage of players never opened the trait window”. I’m sure there are tons of people that had alts under level 10 that they never opened the trait window because there was just no reason and now after the patch there will be even more that don’t open it till they hit level 30.

Until arenanet starts showing us the numbers( all of the numbers not just the ones they want you to see) its just complete BS and should not be used in any argument.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Most of the rare stuff can be bought on the trading post and most of it isn’t that expensive. Plenty of good looking stuff for not that much gold. Dungeon weapons and armor are available for anyone who wants to run dungeons. The skins in WvW are pretty cool and are available to anyone who gets badges, which now includes achievement hunters. There are plenty of karma skins floating around and karma isn’t that hard to come by.

And yes there are rare expensive skins just like there were in Guild War 1. The frog scepter, the bone dragon staff, the celestial compass, the voltaic spear, all rare items. I farmed for the stupid frog scepter. I ran Bogroot Growths so many times and never got one.

And yes, while many of the new skins are only on the trading post, just about all of them can be found on the black lion trading post. They aren’t particularly more costly than the high end weapons in Guild Wars 1.

Vayne you are exactly right. Silly people go grind gold and buy everything you want. Do not try to farm anything when you can grind gold or buy gold and go get it off the trading post.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The achievement I am most proud of in GW2 is my mini Clockheart. In terms of 5-man content, I feel that Twilight Assault was just about perfect – from the difficulty level to the achievements associated. The two things I want more than anything right now are more dungeons like Twilight Assault (one path at that level in every dungeon would make me ecstatic) and more guild missions (we REALLY need new guild missions).

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Haven’t you bothered to feed the troll yet? You want to prove something to him? He wants one more WoW with some action. It’s already done. Called Wildstar. The truth is – that will never happen with GW2. And that’s all. Nothing to argue about.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

After some reading, posting and debating in 2 known mmorpgs sites, i was so confused about my feelings towards this game and mmorpgs in general. I mean, theres only like 20 to 30% of people defending the same views i have.

So glad i came here after that. Not that i havent already read thousands of posts like this, about GW2 and other mmorpgs in general, but i dont know lol, guess i “see the light” :P

But now i know. Thank you to the OP for this post. I share your concerns.

Now i see that my gaming time in mmorpg genre is probably over. And its ok, been playing for too long. Maybe its time for mmorpgs to be made for this new crowd of younger less demanding players.

Me, im not a guy that can live with such low expectations, even when we are talking about something so shallow as a game.

I love playing games, but i love some meaning behind all of it.

GW2 is a solid game, i had alot of fun for about 5 months and its ok i suppose. Was worth the money spent.

GW2 has no end game content, lost the magic of its predecessor, and failed to hit many of the marks ANet set with their manifesto.
But has many great stuff happening and it probably is the perfect game for the casual player, now i see it.

Sadly, and if we could meld time, its not half the game GW1 was back in the days. Still i will miss it, and perhaps one day ANet sees the potential of this game to be more than just a runner up contender and aim higher.

Its funny, lol, never would thought a game i so overhyped in all known to humanity game forums, would turn out to be the game that pushed me to the corner…

I highly recommend, if you are a casual and mmorpg lover, to not seek other game for you. I have played …hundreds? i lost count. GW2 is most likely the best choice for you.

As for me, i guess ill keep downloading those games hoping to find what i seek.

I confess, ill be keeping an eye open for GW2, maybe something good will happen eh?

Good luck to you all and have fun.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

After some reading, posting and debating in 2 known mmorpgs sites, i was so confused about my feelings towards this game and mmorpgs in general. I mean, theres only like 20 to 30% of people defending the same views i have.

So glad i came here after that. Not that i havent already read thousands of posts like this, about GW2 and other mmorpgs in general, but i dont know lol, guess i “see the light” :P

Now i see that my gaming time in mmorpg genre is probably over. And its ok, been playing for too long. Maybe its time for mmorpgs to be made for this new crowd of younger less demanding players.

Me, im not a guy that can live with such low expectations, even when we are talking about something so shallow as a game.

GW2 is a solid game, i had alot of fun for about 5 months and its ok i suppose. Was worth the money spent.

GW2 has no end game content, lost the magic of its predecessor, and failed to hit many of the marks ANet set with their manifesto.
But has many great stuff happening and it probably is the perfect game for the casual player, now i see it.

Sadly, and if we could meld time, its not half the game GW1 was back in the days. Still i will miss it, and perhaps one day ANet sees the potential of this game to be more than just a runner up contender and aim higher.

Its funny, lol, never would thought a game i so overhyped in all known to humanity game forums, would turn out to be the game that pushed me to the corner…

I highly recommend, if you are a casual and mmorpg lover, to not seek other game for you. I have played …hundreds? i lost count. GW2 is most likely the best choice for you.

I confess, ill be keeping an eye open for GW2, maybe something good will happen eh?

i think ill be taking a long break too.. might keep an eye out for the Elder dragon. but then i think it will be quits for me too..

Godzzila.3752

i think ill be taking a long break too.. might keep an eye out for the Elder dragon. but then i think it will be quits for me too..

I’m on the same path, I’m just waiting for dragon’s reach part 2 ‘cause apparently after that they will be taking a break on LS, I’ll probably just last till that, I’m curious to see what they can put out during that break period. Probably just Gemstore and patches that will barely matter…
As I stated before, I don’t expect at any point in time they change their path. They will just keep shooting out underwhelming stuff over and over again till this game hit’s a point of no return… But I guess deeply inside I hope they change something…

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

There is plenty of end game kitten to do. Good luck finding a game with better. Quit returning and kittening, the game is clearly not for you.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

GW2 does have raids. They are open-world raids though.

Even WoW has open-world raids, such as Sha of Anger and Galleon. They even copied GW2’s concept of it on Timeless Isle.

Yes, that’s right, zerging is in WoW also. You don’t need a group for some encounters, such as Huolon and Celestials.

As for end-game in GW2. There are World Bosses (Teq, Wurm, Karka Queen, etc.), Fractals, Dungeons, WvW, SPvP, Dynamic Temple Events, Champ trains, and Living Story.

They have developed, and expanded, for World Bosses and WvW (EoTM), but it’s been very slowly, and living story is their focus currently.

So, yes. There is “end-game”, but it’s very shallow, when compared to other MMO’s endgame.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

What kind of End Game would you like for GW2?

It’s pretty obvious, look at the OP username… destroy every cities in the games. Tyria goes apocalypse, all heroes died except the players. We are the last hope for Tyria!

Sorry too much anime related lately…

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’m on the same path, I’m just waiting for dragon’s reach part 2 ‘cause apparently after that they will be taking a break on LS, I’ll probably just last till that, I’m curious to see what they can put out during that break period. Probably just Gemstore and patches that will barely matter…
As I stated before, I don’t expect at any point in time they change their path. They will just keep shooting out underwhelming stuff over and over again till this game hit’s a point of no return… But I guess deeply inside I hope they change something…

So what MMO out now would you say is doing things right, in your opinion?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Godzzila.3752

So what MMO out now would you say is doing things right, in your opinion?

As of right now If i was to migrate to anyother game would be Wildstar, however it might be 2 early to say… Also EQ Next should be here in a few months, however seems that is going to be p2w really hard…

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

This would, indeed, be very interesting!

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I already did that long time ago , today I just log in to do daily maybe run few dung paths for some gold and if iam in the mood for pvp or www I play it but mostly turn it off . There is nothing to do , my gf who started leveling 2 days after festival release already said that there is nothing to do . I dont know who killed this game is it devs fault or maybe community but mostly both . Devs didnt create any endgame content and hardcore players left this game after month and only casuals are left . And after very long time when finally they started adding any content it was aimed for casual . But how knows Diablo 3 came back from grave , maybe same will happen to gw but they would have to announce DLC to make it happen(a lot of rebuild content )

PS
I love all people who say “dlc would be against their promise” , kid before gw2 was relased I heard about non trinity system where every class can be support healer etc. I heard about esport pvp, massive www , GUILD WARS gvg and all we have is casual zerker pve . And who can fell cheated ? Almost every great aspect from gw1 is horrible in gw2 or there is none .

cya on wildstar battlefields

Posted by: Bernie.8674

Bernie.8674

I actually liked the GW1 end game. First, there was HoH. Farming fame with PUGs upon first reaching level 20 is one of my most pleasant memories. Then they added the green items. That was especially fun because you started out farming with a full group of four, and once you got to know the area you could refine your build until you were able to farm with only three. Gradually you got down to two, and before you knew it you were solo farming that stuff. I really liked that because it felt rewarding and challenging no matter your level of play. Getting to claim every single green in the instance once you had your solo build down is still one of the best in-game rewards I’ve ever seen in a MMO. Nothing in any MMO since has come anywhere near that level of reward for me.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I think the problem for most people comes down to choice. In a theme park MMO you NEED to have more choice. GW1 had Sorrows Furnace, UW, FoW, DoA, Deep, Urgoz, And most of the EoTN dungeons in HM were challenging content.
In GW2 I have Teq, Wurm, which are open world. Aetherblade path can be considered a challenge but to date I have only heard of one person that I know getting a drop. Fractals doesnt really count, although that was probably Anets intention.
Raiding & endgame content doesn’t have to be gear grind but cosmetic. Anet needs to tone down some of the greed from the gemstore and put items in the game that can be acquired through high risk/high reward content.
This issue has plagued the game since it’s inception. Most people would say a full set of Arah armor and weps is considered high risk but with dungeon runners and soloers it fails.
Anet needs to change game mechanics so every dungeon isnt stack n smack, they also need to improve the atrocious monster AI to make the game more of a challenge.
Wooden Potatoes had a great video about the lack of high risk high reward content but I cant seem to find it
At the end of the day there is little reason to log in anymore. Do Teq, maybe a few dungeons and call it a day.

After 2 years, this themepark desperately needs new rides

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

End game is when you spend more time on the forums than you do in game, or is that game over?

Godzzila.3752

End game is when you spend more time on the forums than you do in game, or is that game over?

It’s because there is no endgame that I spend that much time on the forums, honestly… you don’t really have to think that much…

Godzzila.3752

@Nannernut Well I agree with everything you said but nevertheless one thing is always true: Keeping players in your game, generates more and more money.
Endgame content CAN be casual, and while having a model that allows players to come and go is fine, when that model starts turning into: “They come for a while and then go until our next small patch” it start’s becoming bad for the business. The more times someone leaves a game, the better chances are of that being the last time he will ever be in that game. And when people keep being “teased” with those VERY SMALL patches with 2 OR LESS hours of content in each of those and then you have NOTHING in between them to keep people playing while waiting for the next patch, people start coming and going a lot more then desired…
By having endgame content (which in no way it means it would be Elitist content, you can have Casual Endgame content) people could do those small updates and THEN go back to doing that endgame content, instead of just being in the void waiting for more new small “demos” of content…
You don’t want your playerbase to just exist when you patch the game, you want them to be as consistent as possible, and having those peaks is just bad for games that are cashsop dependant. (If you look at xFire stats you see exactly what I mean, during patches the average players is of 2k and then a few days after the patch it has a HUGE drop to 500 users)

Here’s my example: At first when this game actually gave me objectivs I used to buy content out of the cashshop, some skins, some keys… but now I just simply don’t do it, for the simple reason that for every 2 weeks I play this game, I end up having 4 weeks of never logging in…

I hope you can understand my point

Vayne.8563

Vayne you are exactly right. Silly people go grind gold and buy everything you want. Do not try to farm anything when you can grind gold or buy gold and go get it off the trading post.

And what do you think silly people did in Guild Wars 1. But you know, I don’t grind gold. I don’t grind anything. I do what I want when I want, because I have patience. I do a dungeon because people in my guild need help and look, there’s 1 gold right there. Maybe I make 5, or 6 gold one day because people want to run dungeons. The next day I might play a lowbie and make next to nothing. I’m not in a rush. And yet, somehow, magically, at some point I can buy what I want.

You don’t think people farmed to get stuff in Guild Wars 1? Not just big stuff like Voltaic Spear farming or raptor farming. Feather farming. Vaettier farming. Decayed Orr emblem farming on kitten monk. And they went to Kamadan and sold the stuff they farmed, and they bought what they wanted, including the mats to get the best armor and weapons in the game.

And if you thought no one ever bought gold in an mmo with cash, I’m pretty sure you’d be wrong. My account was hacked by gold sellers, so someone must have been buying.

Vayne.8563

Hell, from what I understand, there was a depressing percentage of players who never even LOOKED at their traits in this game (and probably still don’t really), much less experimented with them.

I keep hearing people say this but I seriously do not believe it. Its data pulled from metrics to support what they are selling. If we had the full data would it show that its a huge portion of players that never made it to level 20? Would it show that its mostly players that played for only 1 month and have never logged in again. Is it from players that just never got to a level where they had points to put in so they never bothered looking at the trait window. Its pretty easy to use metrics to say “this percentage of player accounts have characters that never opened the trait window”. And its just as easy for them to narrow it down to “A high percentage of players never opened the trait window”. I’m sure there are tons of people that had alts under level 10 that they never opened the trait window because there was just no reason and now after the patch there will be even more that don’t open it till they hit level 30.

Until arenanet starts showing us the numbers( all of the numbers not just the ones they want you to see) its just complete BS and should not be used in any argument.

Anet was able to tell us exactly how many dolyaks were killed during the first year and they told us that a particularly type of risen during that year was the most dangerous creature, and exactly how many people died to it. They could tell us how many people were revived in the first year. They have the metrics. Wouldn’t you?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You don’t think people farmed to get stuff in Guild Wars 1? Not just big stuff like Voltaic Spear farming or raptor farming. Feather farming. Vaettier farming. Decayed Orr emblem farming on kitten monk. And they went to Kamadan and sold the stuff they farmed, and they bought what they wanted, including the mats to get the best armor and weapons in the game.

Feather farming, was that the one where you load up a ranger with a ton of traps and pretty much auto-kill tengu in Shing Jea? I tried that, it bored me to tears . . . was pretty profitable too when 10 Feathers would get you something like 390 Gold.

And there was farming for other stuff too, mostly for Nick gift trophies for the people who didn’t want to bother or who got desperate by the end of the week. I knew at least one person who did that – I bought from them a few times because I ran out of time to farm them up.

Also, I still don’t get why people want to revel nostalgic in the awesome endgame of GW1. About the best thing I can say about it was . . . you didn’t need to do it for top tier gear or anything like that. You weren’t going to be penalized by not being as effective as the other person because you didn’t run Underworld until your 2 key stopped working. The only thing which you got was pretty (and that’s debatable) weapons which, push come to shove, you could acquire without ever setting foot in there.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Vayne.8563

@Nannernut Well I agree with everything you said but nevertheless one thing is always true: Keeping players in your game, generates more and more money.
Endgame content CAN be casual, and while having a model that allows players to come and go is fine, when that model starts turning into: “They come for a while and then go until our next small patch” it start’s becoming bad for the business. The more times someone leaves a game, the better chances are of that being the last time he will ever be in that game. And when people keep being “teased” with those VERY SMALL patches with 2 OR LESS hours of content in each of those and then you have NOTHING in between them to keep people playing while waiting for the next patch, people start coming and going a lot more then desired…
By having endgame content (which in no way it means it would be Elitist content, you can have Casual Endgame content) people could do those small updates and THEN go back to doing that endgame content, instead of just being in the void waiting for more new small “demos” of content…
You don’t want your playerbase to just exist when you patch the game, you want them to be as consistent as possible, and having those peaks is just bad for games that are cashsop dependant. (If you look at xFire stats you see exactly what I mean, during patches the average players is of 2k and then a few days after the patch it has a HUGE drop to 500 users)

Here’s my example: At first when this game actually gave me objectivs I used to buy content out of the cashshop, some skins, some keys… but now I just simply don’t do it, for the simple reason that for every 2 weeks I play this game, I end up having 4 weeks of never logging in…

I hope you can understand my point

I can understand your point. However I don’t trust your opinion on what’s good and bad for business. This is because you only have your own point of view to go on. YOU no longer guy gems. Anet knows how many gems are bought each month.

I ran a business. I made decisions that lost me customers. When I decided to stop repairing apple computers, I was guaranteed to lose customers. But it was okay because those customers weren’t providing me enough income to care about whether they came or went. Realistically, there are sometimes in business reasons to lose customers. The resources that went into the mac department were moved over networking and small business where they were needed. I never missed those customers. But from their point of view, they’d feel abandoned and hurt that I no longer supported their machine. By percentage their weren’t enough of them.

I’m pretty sure every single one of those customers stopped spending money in my store. Many were angry. If I’d had a forum they’d have complained. But you know, my profits went up, not down.

One person’s opinion means a lot less than my ledger.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

GW2 doesn’t suit you, that is all.
Either play a real RPG that you will see an “ending” in a few days, or play some Korean Grinding game so you can never get to top level or never get the best gears.

For GW2, there’re 2 types of end game.
For light players who dislike learning and competitive play, the end game will be grinding for new cosmatics.
For more hardcore players who wants to learn more and play competitive, their end game will be aiming for top PVP standard or reach WvW rank 9999.
For my end-game, I work on my AP, which involves both playing PVP and WvW and grinding contents, that’s why I never get bored.

Posted by: ocirne.7915

ocirne.7915

Except pvp is completely terrible..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can’t say I’m proud of it, but after reading this, I decided to look at Traits on some of my characters. Lol, out of the six I checked, 3 of them have never re-allocated their Traits from when the Feature Patch reset all Traits.

So, I guess some of us actually do never pay attention to Traits. I can’t say I even noticed any difference on those characters. Ha ha. Well, just more proof how I’m a ‘baddie’. =P

p.s. Still didn’t allocate…it’s too much bother all at once. I’m sure, some day, I will get around to it. Heh.

Posted by: Omap.8530

Omap.8530

Traits will never be a substitute for actual abilities, especially when they don’t work together particularly well and in the long run they mean little unless you’re doing arena sPvP, and at that point why are you even playing this game?