Is f2p causing community toxicity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

You’ll encounter more bot spam and trolls now that there is no buy in price.

Email addresses are free, so if some one gets banned it takes what five minutes to get a new account back a troll spot?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Grow some thicker skin my goodness….

that’s what wrong in this world….“he/she said a mean thing to me!!! My feelings are hurt!”

Grow up , seriously.
Block and move on (report if its so unbearable), its not that freaking hard.

It’s one line on a chat window, in a MMORPG, in a monitor/display…. and you got your feelings hurt FROM THAT? Enough to take your time and create a thread about it , to let the world know someone cussed you out?? Lord have mercy.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Honestly, there is some toxicity towards F2Pers but it’s only because they join things they arent high enough level to join. Say dungeoning and stuff.

I’ve decided with my guild to halt inviting players who are suspected(i mean, sounds discriminatory but hear me out) F2P.

Mainly because with F2P the turnover rate of players is HUGE, it’s a game they didn’t have to buy and therefore, may not play long(opposed to those who paid).

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: darkwombat.3695

darkwombat.3695

I just had a moderately annoying experience. After finishing a dungeon run with a PUG with relative ease, I asked if they wanted to do the next easy path in the dungeon, to which they replied “Kitten you” and immediately kicked me from the party. My guildie, who was running the dungeon with me, laughed when I said I had reported them for verbal abuse. I realize that they were probably joking but it’s so hard to tell via text alone.

Was I being melodramatic? Why do we put up with people like this? To tie this back to the title, I understand that almost a month ago, guild wars 2 went f2p or “free to try” or whatever. Could this be adversly affecting the amazing community (overall) that we have here?

Sorry I dont buy this story. It is either made up or you asked rudely.
No one answers like that when someone asks a simple question. Never seen it done to anyone, ever.

Cactus Brawler.7415

I just had a moderately annoying experience. After finishing a dungeon run with a PUG with relative ease, I asked if they wanted to do the next easy path in the dungeon, to which they replied “Kitten you” and immediately kicked me from the party. My guildie, who was running the dungeon with me, laughed when I said I had reported them for verbal abuse. I realize that they were probably joking but it’s so hard to tell via text alone.

Was I being melodramatic? Why do we put up with people like this? To tie this back to the title, I understand that almost a month ago, guild wars 2 went f2p or “free to try” or whatever. Could this be adversly affecting the amazing community (overall) that we have here?

No one answers like that when someone asks a simple question. Never seen it done to anyone, ever.

I’ve seen it but then I play LoL which has one of the worst pubescent communities in the world.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

all in all i think the general message is people arent always gonna be hunnies towards you, F2p or not

Jerks in PUG’s drive me mad but I mean it happens all the time and no one bats an eye, block and ignore it.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Cactus Brawler.7415

I think people tend to be less of a jerk when it costs them money to get back into somewhere they were kicked from for being a jerk though.

Posted by: dlmoore.7293

dlmoore.7293

I don’t really care whether you buy it or not because I know it happened. And no I wasn’t rude, in fact I barely said anything through the run. Regardless, the story was meant to give a little context to the post (which I understand now was poorly done).

dlmoore.7293

Grow some thicker skin my goodness….

that’s what wrong in this world….“he/she said a mean thing to me!!! My feelings are hurt!”

Grow up , seriously.
Block and move on (report if its so unbearable), its not that freaking hard.

It’s one line on a chat window, in a MMORPG, in a monitor/display…. and you got your feelings hurt FROM THAT? Enough to take your time and create a thread about it , to let the world know someone cussed you out?? Lord have mercy.

Where in my original post do I say that it hurt my feelings? If you must know, the incident that I described (and a slew of others) caused me to think about the community as a whole. I then entertained the thought that guild wars 2 going free to play caused these changes (derived from a highly subjective observation) in the overall attitudes of the players. This thought occurred because guild wars 2 going free to play was already primed in my mind from all of the advertisements and coverage on the topic. Wondering what other players thought of this, I made this thread and overall I think this has been a very successful thread. I have heard a lot of different opinions regarding the issue that the post is primarily about. Thank you to everyone who has posted here!

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Saying kitten you is like saying I love you with the people I hang around with. What color carebear are you? Prolonged singular harassment is worth reporting… that was not.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Every time someone says something about gw2 is “toxic” god kills a kitten.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

GW2 has plenty of toxic players before f2p. There’s no difference in percentage of toxic players between b2p, f2p, and sub MMOs. I’ve played thousands of hours in all three types. Frankly my worst experiences were in sub games. Remember the golem rush event? GW2 showed it’s true toxic community face then. There was a bug that let you get ultra buffed outside the golem so all the top guilds were running several bugged eles IB4ing lesser groups for insta bags. It was a plague that made the entire event unplayable. GW2 will always have toxic people, f2p can’t hurt.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m pretty sure F2P has reduced overall community quality. It is simply in the nature of F2P to do this. I’m not sure how much, though, given how limited free accounts are.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

How do you report someone for verbal abuse when they say “kitten”? Kinda the point kitten not considered verbal abuse. Sounds like that would have been a good time to unplug for awhile or just realize troll is troll whether ftp or not.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

out of curiosity – which dungeon and about which path you asked?

It was CoF P1.

So I’m a little confused. Do people think I’m blaming the f2pers? I was simply posing a question. As it stands, I have no position on this particular topic.

Wow, out of respect for your intellect, I’m just going to say that was most disingenuous of you to make that remark.

The topic of your thread is “Is f2p causing community toxicity?” and your pretext was based on a situation that you had no probable cause to attribute to F2Pers. You actually think given the topic title and such a weak pretext that people won’t assume you’re out to smear the F2Pers?

There are jerks in every game community, and you’re not making things better by so tenuously linking this one bad incident with F2Pers when you’ve not stated a single thing that indicates the jerks belong to that community. “Was I being melodramatic?” Without question, yes.

Congratulations on starting a flame war, exactly the kind of thing jerks will do.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

“Hey, good run, wanna do another?”

PUG response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ycQlfOqyY

I dunno, I found it funny. That was very rude. I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Maybe he was having a bad day.

Attachments:

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

One, you don’t know if it was a F2P player, so don’t blame it.
Two, people are jerks in video games and the internet, welcome to 2000.
Three, as posted above, there was plenty of people being mean or rude before F2P was even announced. Heck, wasn’t there a thread before about elitist zerker’s in LFG being toxic a week before F2P was announced?

If anything, you and starting this thread is just contributing TO what you are complaining about.

Want to meet my friend kettle?

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I’ve had several, “Free Account” players join my Guild recently, even helped a few of them do map completion, I feel players weather they’ve been here from the start, or have just started are going to act/be however they want, you do get a few that trickle in that are abrasive, but, that’s what the block list is for.

And if you don’t like people swearing at you, feel free to turn on the profanity filter.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

@OP we never had a nice community to begin with. Few heavily moderated subforums here and a bunch of rainbow puking guys on reddit don’t represent actual player base.
And yes f2p increases “toxicity” by completely removing entry barriers.

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

This has nothing to do with f2p. The only thing that hurts the community is the veteran elitism.

This. So much this. Nail on the head sir. Good shot ol’ boy. Jolly good, I say.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

This has nothing to do with f2p. The only thing that hurts the community is the veteran elitism.

We have plenty of helpful veterans in this game. However, those few people who want that sense of superiority in a video game can potentially ruin it.

QFT.

You’ll get this type of behaviour in any MMO OP, especially when pugging and even more so in non-subscription or f2p games but reality is there are idiots in any MMO (other than CoH…man I miss that game and community). Letting it effect you just empowers such players.

As someone who has played this game since GW1 release you’ll quickly learn just to instantly forget it and move on.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

dlmoore.7293

It was CoF P1.

So I’m a little confused. Do people think I’m blaming the f2pers? I was simply posing a question. As it stands, I have no position on this particular topic.

Wow, out of respect for your intellect, I’m just going to say that was most disingenuous of you to make that remark.

The topic of your thread is “Is f2p causing community toxicity?” and your pretext was based on a situation that you had no probable cause to attribute to F2Pers. You actually think given the topic title and such a weak pretext that people won’t assume you’re out to smear the F2Pers?

There are jerks in every game community, and you’re not making things better by so tenuously linking this one bad incident with F2Pers when you’ve not stated a single thing that indicates the jerks belong to that community. “Was I being melodramatic?” Without question, yes.

Congratulations on starting a flame war, exactly the kind of thing jerks will do.

I am not blaming anyone. Read the now edited original post please.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It was CoF P1.

So I’m a little confused. Do people think I’m blaming the f2pers? I was simply posing a question.

Given the extremely leading title and your subsequent statements, I think you’re being disingenuous. If the toxic person had mentioned they were f2p, then it might be fair to raise a question about f2p players (anecdotal though your evidence would be), but without that you’re just picking our a random group — that can’t even defend themselves here! — and demonizing them.

In other words, you’re either picking on f2p players for no reason, or your post is wildly far afield from your intentions, because it sure as kitten looks like you’re picking on f2p players for no reason.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

dlmoore.7293

It was CoF P1.

So I’m a little confused. Do people think I’m blaming the f2pers? I was simply posing a question.

Given the extremely leading title and your subsequent statements, I think you’re being disingenuous. If the toxic person had mentioned they were f2p, then it might be fair to raise a question about f2p players (anecdotal though your evidence would be), but without that you’re just picking our a random group — that can’t even defend themselves here! — and demonizing them.

In other words, you’re either picking on f2p players for no reason, or your post is wildly far afield from your intentions, because it sure as kitten looks like you’re picking on f2p players for no reason.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

It was CoF P1.

I have to agree on this one. All im seeing in this thread is an elitist OP who probably showed bad behaviour towards his party and got rightfully kicked out of it. Now he is here blaming f2p players, like so many “elitist” players do in the game, because they feel superior next to those f2p players.
I played a lot with f2p around the starting areas and i never saw any bad attitude from them. Most of the bad attitude i saw since the game went free to play was in fact from veteran players towards those f2p accounts. I think this topic is just another example of this.
OP if you don’t want your topic to sound like you’re blaming free to play players about this, you should probably never mentioned free to play players in your topic title. As it stands, right now, its more then obvious you’re blaming this on free to play players without any solid proof to back this claim.
If you just asked a simple quostiong like you claim you had, you would never get that kind of answer. Why do I have a feeling you’re not telling the whole story?

dlmoore.7293

It was CoF P1.

I have to agree on this one. All im seeing in this thread is an elitist OP who probably showed bad behaviour towards his party and got rightfully kicked out of it. Now he is here blaming f2p players, like so many “elitist” players do in the game, because they feel superior next to those f2p players.
I played a lot with f2p around the starting areas and i never saw any bad attitude from them. Most of the bad attitude i saw since the game went free to play was in fact from veteran players towards those f2p accounts. I think this topic is just another example of this.
OP if you don’t want your topic to sound like you’re blaming free to play players about this, you should probably never mentioned free to play players in your topic title. As it stands, right now, its more then obvious you’re blaming this on free to play players without any solid proof to back this claim.
If you just asked a simple quostiong like you claim you had, you would never get that kind of answer. Why do I have a feeling you’re not telling the whole story?

I am not blaming anyone. Please read the now edited original post.

I don’t know what to tell you other than I am not blaming anyone. It is unfortunate if it comes off that way.

Blaine Tog.8304

It was CoF P1.

I read it. I’m still not convinced. At the very least, can you agree that bringing up f2p players was arbitrary, groundless, and a mistake? If not, then I really don’t see how your edit changes what you said originally.

dlmoore.7293

It was CoF P1.

I read it. I’m still not convinced. At the very least, can you agree that bringing up f2p players was arbitrary, groundless, and a mistake? If not, then I really don’t see how your edit changes what you said originally.

Did you read the whole post?

The purpose of the thread was to see what opinions people had about the effects of f2p on the community. How can it do that without bringing up f2p?

(edited by dlmoore.7293)

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I don’t know what to tell you other than I am not blaming anyone. It is unfortunate if it comes off that way.

Don’t worry about it too much. People have a tendency to read what they want to read from somebody’s words. You don’t have to explain it to them, they won’t listen.

From what I understand of what happened: A bad situation happened to you. It was completely isolated from the F2P/ P2P situation. But then your mind started churning, and a thought occurred to you that it might be a worthwhile discussion to have if people in general thought that the community would become more “toxic” with the introduction of F2P. I think it’s a perfectly valid conversation to have.

And while I don’t think that will be the case, and said as much, other people here took to getting offended by what you said instead of just having the discussion outright. Instead of stating their opinion, they basically used you as a target to argue their opinion with. Some people just have paper thin skin, and you can’t have a reasonable discussion with people who get offended at a topic because of how it was asked, presume to know what your stance is on it.

How could you have spared yourself this drama? By simply not including the anecdote that lead you to the question you wanted to discuss.

But I still think a few of the people on this thread are being overly sensitive about what you said. And it says more about them than it does you.

dlmoore.7293

How could you have spared yourself this drama? By simply not including the anecdote that lead you to the question you wanted to discuss.

Noted. Thank you.

Blaine Tog.8304

It was CoF P1.

The purpose of the thread was to see what opinions people had about the effects of f2p on the community. How can it do that without bringing up f2p?

Yes, I read it.

Let’s try a hypothetical situation. Let’s say you’re in a car accident. The other driver was at fault and was kinda a jerk to you about what happened, so you go to a car forum and post a thread asking, “Are the Dutch causing car accidents?” You have no reason to think that this person was Dutch and, indeed, there was no reason for anyone to assume this person might have been Dutch. The car accident wasn’t even any different from the thousands of car accidents that have happened in the past. You just read a news article a few months ago that mentioned a rise in in Dutch immigration so you thought that that might’ve had something to do with it.

Do you see how someone’s question about whether the Dutch are causing car accidents would seem bizarrely pointed, like they had a bigoted axe to grind against the Dutch? There’s no indication of any cause-and-effect relationship between the car accident and the increase in Dutch immigration, which means the relationship has been conjured entirely out of thin air.

(Incidentally, and I hope this is clear, but I chose the Dutch as an example to be especially absurd. One could imagine other examples using something more topical but I specifically don’t want to use real-world examples of this sort of free association.)

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The community was toxic before the game went F2P, it will remain toxic, as far as PvP is concerned.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

dlmoore.7293

It was CoF P1.

Yes, I read it.

Let’s try a hypothetical situation. Let’s say you’re in a car accident. The other driver was at fault and was kinda a jerk to you about what happened, so you go to a car forum and post a thread asking, “Are the Dutch causing car accidents?” You have no reason to think that this person was Dutch and, indeed, there was no reason for anyone to assume this person might have been Dutch. The car accident wasn’t even any different from the thousands of car accidents that have happened in the past. You just read a news article a few months ago that mentioned a rise in in Dutch immigration so you thought that that might’ve had something to do with it.

Do you see how someone’s question about whether the Dutch are causing car accidents would seem bizarrely pointed, like they had a bigoted axe to grind against the Dutch? There’s no indication of any cause-and-effect relationship between the car accident and the increase in Dutch immigration, which means the relationship has been conjured entirely out of thin air.

(Incidentally, and I hope this is clear, but I chose the Dutch as an example to be especially absurd. One could imagine other examples using something more topical but I specifically don’t want to use real-world examples of this sort of free association.)

The following is a quote from my original post. Please read it carefully.

“If you must know, the incident that I described (and a slew of others) caused me to think about the community as a whole. I then entertained the thought that guild wars 2 going free to play caused these changes (derived from a highly subjective observation) in the overall attitudes of the players. This thought occurred because guild wars 2 going free to play was already primed in my mind from all of the advertisements and coverage on the topic. Wondering what other players thought of this, I made this thread and overall I think this has been a very successful thread. I have heard a lot of different opinions regarding the issue that the post is primarily about. Thank you to everyone who has posted here!”

I would like to reiterate that I am not blaming anything on anyone. This thread resulted from a series of thoughts that DO NOT reflect my opinion. I have stated that at the time of posting I had no position on the issue.

(edited by dlmoore.7293)

Blaine Tog.8304

The following is a quote from my original post. Please read it carefully.

“If you must know, the incident that I described (and a slew of others) caused me to think about the community as a whole. I then entertained the thought that guild wars 2 going free to play caused these changes (derived from a highly subjective observation) in the overall attitudes of the players. This thought occurred because guild wars 2 going free to play was already primed in my mind from all of the advertisements and coverage on the topic. Wondering what other players thought of this, I made this thread and overall I think this has been a very successful thread. I have heard a lot of different opinions regarding the issue that the post is primarily about. Thank you to everyone who has posted here!”

Again, yes, I read your post. I am capable of basic reading comprehension. Quoting your post back at me again isn’t going to change my mind.

Here, lemme try interposing my example over your post:

“If you must know, the incident that I described (and a slew of others) caused me to think about the driving community as a whole. I then entertained the thought that the increase in Dutch immigrants caused these changes (derived from a highly subjective observation) in the overall attitudes of drivers. This thought occurred because the increase in Dutch immigrants was already primed in my mind from all of the advertisements and coverage on the topic. Wondering what other drivers thought of this, I made this thread and overall I think this has been a very successful thread. I have heard a lot of different opinions regarding the issue that the post is primarily about. Thank you to everyone who has posted here!”

Does that make it clearer how your post looks?

I would like to reiterate that I am not blaming anything on anyone. This thread resulted from a series of thoughts that DO NOT reflect my opinion. I have stated that at the time of posting I had no position on the issue.

Yeah, I know what you’ve said, but there’s no such thing as “just asking questions” because no one is free from biases and no question is asked without motive. Your motive may not have been to slander f2p players, but you clearly think there’s a chance they deserve some derision because you bothered to bring it up. Here’s a Cyanide & Happiness comic that elaborates.

paintpixie.7398

Yeah, I know what you’ve said, but there’s no such thing as “just asking questions” because no one is free from biases and no question is asked without motive. Your motive may not have been to slander f2p players, but you clearly think there’s a chance they deserve some derision because you bothered to bring it up. Here’s a Cyanide & Happiness comic that elaborates.

Hehe. Now we are comparing F2P players to a nationality? You are really going to compare something like this to racism?
Tumblr called, they want their over-sensitive, social justice warrior back.

This was a discussion. A valid one. Even if the OP totally hates F2P players, and has a reason for it, big deal. The question of whether including F2P players will affect the community is still a valid one, and valid points have been made throughout this whole thread (although, none, really, by you…since your only opinion seems to be of the OP’s own personal belief system, and how judgmental they are. Quite funny, since all you have done is judge them.).

(edited by paintpixie.7398)

Blaine Tog.8304

Hehe. Now we are comparing F2P players to a nationality? You are really going to compare something like this to racism?
Tumblr called, they want their over-sensitive, social justice warrior back.

Hey, the only person I know who’s actually racist against the Dutch is this guy.

This was a discussion. A valid one. Even if the OP totally hates F2P players, and has a reason for it, big deal.

If the reasons and examples he gave had any relevance whatsoever to f2p players, then we could have a real discussion. As it stands, he asked a question in a really leading way and has given no evidence whatsoever to back up his point that, for all his hemming and hawing, is implicitly pointing in one direction.

The question of whether including F2P players will affect the community is still a valid one, and valid points have been made throughout this whole thread (although, none, really, by you…since your only opinion seems to be of the OP’s own personal belief system, and how judgmental they are. Quite funny, since all you have done is judge them.).

My point is that the OP has made his point poorly, so poorly that it look like he has an axe to grind. I haven’t said anything to remotely indicate that he shouldn’t be judgmental, just that it’s totally opaque to me what, exactly, he’s being judgmental of.

Because it is totally possible that f2p players are causing a spike in toxicity. I just haven’t seen any evidence of it, and the OP hasn’t provided any evidence either.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

paintpixie.7398

My point is that the OP has made his point poorly, so poorly that it look like he has an axe to grind. I haven’t said anything to remotely indicate that he shouldn’t be judgmental, just that it’s totally opaque to me what, exactly, he’s being judgmental of.

Because it is totally possible that f2p players are causing a spike in toxicity. I just haven’t seen any evidence of it, and the OP hasn’t provided any evidence either.

It’s true. The point was made poorly. And at first, it seemed difficult to see whether the OP was blaming F2P on their exchange, or merely using it as an introduction to what now seems to be the actual point of their post. But I just think some people have a harder time expressing what they really mean, sometimes.

Could F2P change the community? Yes, it could. No, it might not. It might even change it for the better, who knows?

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Not sure why people so upset that people say f2p brings trolls. Its a known fact that the trolls and children flock to f2p games. Majority of children act toxic when they do not have parental supervision telling them not to act a certain way. Trolls by definition are toxic. Its not to say that there isn’t any decent people that are f2p its just that toxic people flock to those games. As mentioned above the MOBA scene is filled with toxicity and straight up trolls. MMOs don’t get hit as bad because its not as easy to troll. When DDO went f2p it got much more toxic there. In all the time from launch to going f2p in DDO I had never once had a troll go out of there way to make your party fail. Within the first week of DDO going f2p I started getting a few a day. In DDO it didn’t matter though as I could solo most things anyway so I would just laugh at how pitiful they were. In GW2 there are paths like cof p2 that if you don’t have a full party you can’t progress. Which happens to be one of the dungeons that I got a troll in. Imagine that.

Rain.7543

Not sure why people so upset that people say f2p brings trolls. Its a known fact that the trolls and children flock to f2p games. Majority of children act toxic when they do not have parental supervision telling them not to act a certain way. Trolls by definition are toxic. Its not to say that there isn’t any decent people that are f2p its just that toxic people flock to those games. As mentioned above the MOBA scene is filled with toxicity and straight up trolls. MMOs don’t get hit as bad because its not as easy to troll. When DDO went f2p it got much more toxic there. In all the time from launch to going f2p in DDO I had never once had a troll go out of there way to make your party fail. Within the first week of DDO going f2p I started getting a few a day. In DDO it didn’t matter though as I could solo most things anyway so I would just laugh at how pitiful they were. In GW2 there are paths like cof p2 that if you don’t have a full party you can’t progress. Which happens to be one of the dungeons that I got a troll in. Imagine that.

What you said is true, but so far we haven’t seen any actual evidence for this to be happening in GW2, since the game went f2p. On the contarary many veteran players react poorly against f2p players, because of this possibility, instead of trying to be helpful in bringing new players into the game. Until such time, when claims that f2p actually poison the community are backed with solid facts, and not mere assumptions, topics like this one are useless, and they might do more harm then any f2p model ever done to a game community.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

No more so than comments against veteran players.

Thats pretty hypocritical.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Rain.7543

No more so than comments against veteran players.

Thats pretty hypocritical.

Im talking from my experience and what I witnessed in-game. From my point I’ve seen much more poor attitude from veterans towards f2p players, then vice versa. How is this hypocritical? Its just my experience so far. Others may have different experience then me. The truth is there is, and there will always be people with bad attitude in both sides, and many cool and helpful people on both sides either. Just another reason, why you can’t go out and say that f2p model is the sole reason for toxicity in the community.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the free-to-play model itself.

I think some “veteran players” would be annoyed and impatient at any new player, regardless of if they paid for the game or didn’t.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not sure why people so upset that people say f2p brings trolls. Its a known fact that the trolls and children flock to f2p games.

No, it’s not a known fact. There are trolls and immature people everywhere. Free-to-play attracts all sorts of people.

What bugs me is when people make statements about “known facts” without actually backing up that claim with, you know, facts — it doesn’t matter if I agree or not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

People like using the word ‘toxic’ too much.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

sometimes I screw with pugs….

If they complement my appearance, or say thanks for the team.
I usually tell them “kitten you” and vote to kick them.

I cancel after a second or two of course….. but its funny to see their reactions sometimes…. plus my buddies get a kick out of it.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I think i wont compliment anyone else for their looks now…

Blaine Tog.8304

sometimes I screw with pugs….

If they complement my appearance, or say thanks for the team.
I usually tell them “kitten you” and vote to kick them.

I cancel after a second or two of course….. but its funny to see their reactions sometimes…. plus my buddies get a kick out of it.

You are the reason we can’t have nice things.