Is it just me or is Minion AI a little "whack"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tegrof.7285

tegrof.7285

So, I’ve been playing my necro since the start and just kinda dealt with it assuming that surely someone else has mentioned this somewhere, but I didn’t see much when I did a forum search on “minion”.

The problem is it seems like minion AI is reversed more than not. What I mean is, when I’m attacking a baddie….my minion stands there like a bump on a log not helping me out at all, or jumps in at the last second to go for one shot….OR…..when I’m not in combat they will run off and just attack whatever they see in the distance.

The flesh golem (if that’s the right name) seems to be the worst for this, but it is not limited to him alone. I’ve seen my bone minions do this, seen my shadow fiend do it and of course the tropical bird that spawns from pirate mods or the ember from the consumable are just not even close to under control. They just do what they want, when they want.

So, is this just a problem I’m experiencing? Surely this is a problem that’s been brought up somewhere….anyone?

I’d be happy if they would just attack what I’m attacking, when I start attacking it or attack what’s attacking me…like a good little minion. I didn’t kill them, I brought them back to “life”, they should be thankful and do what I say!

Posted by: SparkStormrider.4512

SparkStormrider.4512

It’s not just you, it’s all necros. My buddy’s flesh golem stands around for the most part, not doing anything. When he does decide to do something, he’s banging on the side of the mountain, mean while my buddy is getting smashed. There are plenty of issues regarding Necro’s pets, and hopefully Anet addresses those issues soon.

In war the worst thing you could do is die for your country, make the other jerk die for his!

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

It’s not just you… my necromancer does the same thing sometimes. They just randomly stop attacking stuff and sit there like they have down’s syndrome or somthing. One way I have found to fix this problem is to use the minions ability skills, it will make them attack again, but be warned using the Golem’s charge ability can pull more mobs then you may want if you are not careful, happen to me a few times.

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

Flesh golem AI is really bad right now.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t use them anyway…can’t stand that mob of critters following me around, getting in the way.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Akasuki Murakami.1634

Flesh golem AI is really bad right now.

It’s not just the Flesh Golem it’s all the pets and happens quite frequently, though it rarely happens on the Blood/Bone Fiends (The two ranged pets).

I don’t use them anyway…can’t stand that mob of critters following me around, getting in the way.

They are very helpful when running a solo condition build. Good meat shields why conditions eat away at everything.

(edited by Akasuki Murakami.1634)

Posted by: tegrof.7285

tegrof.7285

I’ve found that the best way to get my flesh golem to fight is to slowly get closer to the mob without it getting angry at me….then my golem will run in and start attacking since I haven’t done anything and the baddie hasn’t either…..then I can start.

Ya know, it almost feels like I’m the minion and it’s the master….hmmmm

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

@ Akasuki

I know, but I just don’t like em’ following me around. You can get along just fine without them too.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Akasuki Murakami.1634

@ Akasuki

I know, but I just don’t like em’ following me around. You can get along just fine without them too.

Indeed, all personal preference and play style. I don’t use them when I run with others or do dungeons for the reason I don’t want them agro’ing everything in site.

Posted by: EATtheDEAD.4768

EATtheDEAD.4768

(Spoken) Hey yo, check this out. I was just at the club right, heard these two dudes talking, one of them said to the other one, that they knew someone, who said you guys are wack!

(Who said we’re wack?) You said we’re wack? You take it back!
(Who said we’re wack?) You talkin’ smack? You gonna get smacked.
(You’re sayin’ that we’re wack but it just ain’t so.)

Someone said we’re wack! Why would they say that? I don’t think we’re wack.
Who said we’re wack? Who said we’re wack? I can’t believe that.
They must be smoking crack, To say that we’re wack.
Say that we’re wack? You’ll probably get smacked. If you say we’re wack.
Did you say we’re wack?

(Who said we’re wack?) I’ll paint your eye black,
Once I check my facts. (Who said we’re wack?)

How could a person up and call a person wack?
How could the devil turn the blue sky black?
How many babies born will ever reach their dreams?
And how could a person call another person wack?

Heard a rumor, that someone said we’re wack.
I think that it’s wack, to call someone wack.
I am not wack, no matter what you say, What did you say? Did you say I’m wack?

All the ladies in the house put your hands up!
All the fellas in the house put your hands up!
Now whoever said we’re wack put your hand up!
Now everyone else put your hands down!
(Spoken) Oh, there he is, there he is.

(edited by EATtheDEAD.4768)

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Flesh golem AI is still terrible. Aggro’s everything in sight.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate