Is it me or Raptor changed a lot?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Looks like Raptor was tweaked a lot since previous demo weekend. Now it feels so unrealistic like mounts in other MMO. Very fast response, bouncy animation, and no where near the previous feel of handling 1 ton of raptor meat and bones.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…maybe it’s you, because it feels exactly the same as the previous time for me.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Yakez.7561

Wow I get where I felt the difference. Male and female (maybe as well as difference in height) animations differs. Female Norn with lowest height animations feels so bouncy unreal.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Feels the same too me, May be a bit more responsive, but the feel itself is pretty much the same.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Are you playing on a different race? Can’t confirm it, but smaller races may have faster animations on their mounts due to the whole leg size thing.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure they haven’t made any changes since the last beta. So it must be something else – like other people said different races do have slightly different animations so that could be a factor.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Yakez.7561

Are you playing on a different race? Can’t confirm it, but smaller races may have faster animations on their mounts due to the whole leg size thing.

Yea actually smallest female Norn is where I got this bouncy feel. (and two of four my mains are female Norns with lowest height… feels bad)

Checked on max height human male, feels like before

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

it must be you as I noticed noting different at all . when I used the mount only thing I noticed when using the mount it was too fun

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

I don’t normally play an Asura but created one for the stress test. Holy motion sickness! I was fine before in the beta with a Human riding the raptor but the tiny size and fast motions of the Asura just about did me in. What a shame; they’re so cute.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Looks like Raptor was tweaked a lot since previous demo weekend. Now it feels so unrealistic like mounts in other MMO. Very fast response, bouncy animation, and no where near the previous feel of handling 1 ton of raptor meat and bones.

I noticed a difference. They feel more… slidey now. Last demo, I could use arrow keys to gradually guide the direction of a mount. This time, a short tap in direction practically spun me 90 degrees! I prefer the weightier handling of the mount from the first demo. Weird so many people didn’t notice a difference.