Is it possible to have an ETA on The Tengu?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

6 months? 1 year? 2 years? 3?

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Someday. Never. Tomorrow.
You won’t get an answer from ANet about this.

Do you mean as a playable race? Because NPC tengu exist in some areas.
Many people speculate that they might be playable in a Canthan expansion, should it occur. But, I don’t recall any confirmation from the devs that there will be a Canthan expansion in the future, and when – it’s really just (logical) assumptions from players at this point.

lothefallen.7081

I mean a playable race…or just an ETA on any vague plans they intend to divulge regarding how they will be further implemented with The Dominion of Winds.

The Ardent Aegis

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Tengu would be sweet.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I mean a playable race…or just an ETA on any vague plans they intend to divulge regarding how they will be further implemented with The Dominion of Winds.

It’s too early to talk about.

Posted by: Sirge.8934

Sirge.8934

Too soon. They haven’t disclosed anything about expansions, other than “Yes, we’ll have them, but they aren’t on the timetable right now.”

I think they’re more focused on monthly content updates for now. Don’t hold your breath.

lothefallen.7081

I think they should divert resources to more fundamental updates like skills, combat, elites, WvW, loot tables, scaling…i’d really like to see less of these holiday, one -off, and cash grab patches and more solid fixes that help the game.

The Ardent Aegis

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

When it’s ready.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I can’t imagine ANet being willing to comment on the record about that even if they had a fairly firm plan for what to do. If for whatever reason their plan didn’t work as expected, people would feel let down. I don’t expect they’ll say anything until the whole thing is nailed down and somewhat imminent.

I’m sure the Tengu will play a role at some point, though.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

ANet’s very reluctant to release even vague ETA’s for minor changes. I don’t think you’ll get a straight answer, if any at all, from ANet.

Posted by: Shadoekin.3928

Shadoekin.3928

I hear Tengus are immune to Moa Morph…… :P

Posted by: Laethan.7862

Laethan.7862

Idve rather played a Tengu than a tree person. At least they were a race already in the game and we had one that was a hero.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I was hoping they’d get involved with the Karka or something, seeing as though they were close to Lost Shores. Not as playable characters of course, just events that would’ve given more info to what had happened to them.

Btw where did the Karka even come from?

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

When it’s ready.

And we have the right answer.

But I’d be more interested in the kodan than tengu.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Have they actually confirmed tengu? Cause there was a rumor pre-release that Anet was prohibited from making any more Cantha content. That rumor extended to say that the big sinkhole section of Divinity’s Reach was originally meant to be the Cantha district, and had to be changed. Thus every region except Cantha is represented there.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I was hoping they’d get involved with the Karka or something, seeing as though they were close to Lost Shores. Not as playable characters of course, just events that would’ve given more info to what had happened to them.

Btw where did the Karka even come from?

Ever notice how young karka look a lot like lightning bugs?….I got nothing.

I wouldn’t mind getting to see what the dominion of winds actually looks like though. Someone should get the asura to point one of their mega lasers at that wall.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Have they actually confirmed tengu? Cause there was a rumor pre-release that Anet was prohibited from making any more Cantha content. That rumor extended to say that the big sinkhole section of Divinity’s Reach was originally meant to be the Cantha district, and had to be changed. Thus every region except Cantha is represented there.

Except that there are canthan NPCs and zaishen scouts hanging out in lions arch and other places around the world.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well the game only been out for 3 months so i think there still a bit of time before they start pushing out expansion i bet with in the next 3 months we will see something like a major exposition that you buy. I just hope they add in a new race and a new class.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

If this happens one day, I would instantly create a Thief Tengu.

I love these guys since I farmed them in Kryta in Prophecies, when the Superior Runes of Absorption were worth about 80k.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Prohibited, why? Have I missed some legal dispute story?
While I won’t mourn missing Cantha which was my least favourite place in GW1, it’d be a shame if they’re not allowed to add some legacy of it in GW2.
Rather hoping Elona makes it back into the world and Palawa Joko and his undead army.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Expect it when you see it.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.