Is it time GW2 gets a perma update content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kristian.6189

Kristian.6189

Q:

Do you guys agree? What do you think? Post your answers to the question below.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No not yet. Sorry but there is still a lot of polishing that needs to be done first before they bring in new content that will also probably need polishing due to bugs and unforseen situations. Some of the things we still need polished:

1 – Water combat.
2 – ALL bugs with regards to classes, their skills fixed and those skills working as intended.
3 – Balances to all the classes in both Pve and PvP.
4 – Some dungeons still need work on them and balancing.
5 – sPvP/tPvP still needs more modes.
6 – Some world events still need polishing or more added for variety. I complete an event when leveling new alts and save the day, go into some cave not too far off for that 1 poi or SP come back some 10 mins later and the exaact same event again! Hello what did I just waste 5-10 mins soloing this event for!? This makes my effort all seem like a waste and the cash reward you get for it is not worth the time, not good….

Theres more but I can’t think of it all this soon after waking. :P
Having said all that however of course they should and ARE adding new/more content while working on all these things I just said. However I do not support they should fully throw all of their resources to new additions simply because people demand it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I understand the desire for permanent content, but would rather wait for it, than have permanent content on someone else’s schedule other than Anet’s.

You can’t force a company to put out content, until you want shoddy content. Content will come at it’s own rate….if you try to force the issue, it will just by crappy content.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

I understand the desire for permanent content, but would rather wait for it, than have permanent content on someone else’s schedule other than Anet’s.

You can’t force a company to put out content, until you want shoddy content. Content will come at it’s own rate….if you try to force the issue, it will just by crappy content.

Yes but they already made good content , Molten Weapon facility was a blast. But now its gone …….never to return rather then just exist in the game and have an explorable mode added to it.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes but they already made good content , Molten Weapon facility was a blast. But now its gone …….never to return rather then just exist in the game and have an explorable mode added to it.

How do you know it’ll never return.

First of all, if they kept it in, after a couple of months it would be completely dead and you wouldnt’ be able to get a group for it. That tends to be what happens anyway.

More importantly Anet is testing with temporary content a bunch of different ideas, to see what people like and don’t like. Then they’ll use that knowledge to create better permanent content.

But think about this. With the 200% magic find buff currently on Southsun, if that dungeon stayed up, how many people would actually be running it now?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

What Paulytnz said (and the list of needed fixes could easily be 3 times long).

On the other hand, i’d like them to stop wasting time and resources on temporary stuff (festive events, whole FF package and now a lot of SSC things) that drains their efforts but do not remains in game.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.