Is it time for the Personal story to go

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

or at least be changed.

At this point the personal story takes new players across Tyria and raises them from a nobody to local hero to honored member of an order and all the while helping the members of the original Destiny’s Edge work through their troubles and come back together by way of a series of story dungeons. and finally a commander in the force that proved that the Elder Dragons can die.

And that is great it was a long journey and an epic trip, it really felt like we were growing in the world.

BUT…

How does the personal story go for a new race… imagine through the living story Mord attacks the Tengu and they decide to join in the fight. They open the doors to the Dominon of the Winds to us and we are allowed to make new Tengu characters.
What would their personal story look like.
In the beginning it would look the same a lowly commoner raises to local hero and umm … why would a tengu coming out to fight mord care about joining an order… so that part goes away … and forming and joining the pact well they are fighting mord not ziatan so not so much there either. and since they are coming out to fight mord the ziatan story is already done and destiny’s edge is back together so not alot of need for them to go through the dungeon story modes either.

So do they need a totally new personal story? or will the living story that brings them out from behind their walls become their personal story.

OR is it time for the personal story itself to go or at least be reworked perhaps a new branch of personal story that takes new characters on a similar path until the orders then have the orders simply helping with dragon troubles world wide. and thusly send them through fireheart and frostgorge instead of Orr then their final portion is the living story at the current time. as for the dungeons have them somehow do the story mode as a way to investigate destinies edge’s past then have DE1 introduce them to DE2 so they have an idea who these people are.

Weather it is something akin to my idea or another method I think it could be time for the personal story to be overhauled in the way it works to allow better involvement of any future races and new toons in general.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You’re making the assumption that they will ever add another race.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

Well they have said many times that they might…. but also we are watching time pass in the game and a revamped PS might work better with the world changes than the old one did.

Posted by: Final.1534

Final.1534

Sorry but no anet employee ever said “they might” add another race.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I imagine a revamp to the PS is going to come before any new races.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

When it comes to new races, Arena.net’s statements have been pretty much like anything else. “Nothing if off the table.”

As far as the Personal Story goes, I really do think it needs to go, and honestly, with the assumptions that Living Story Season 2 uses, I earnestly think it is on the way out. I could see keeping the PS elements up to choosing an order, but beyond that… let it out to pasture. It has served its purpose.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I imagine a revamp to the PS is going to come before any new races.

It wont. Ever. Personal story takes place 2 years ago in game time and progression through the storyline coincides with progression of dungeon story modes. Following that, you have the various dungeon explorable modes taking place afterwards. Finally, we have living story.

At this point in time the Personal story missions are historical events, so any new races will have a race specific personal story completely independent of the personal story. Or they just wont have one. Or they’ll never add new races. Modifying the personal story would involve massive changes to the history of Tyria.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Though they did say that a stature of you might be erected in a town. I always wounder how that could happen. Or I must not be statue worthy. LOL