Is it too late for me...

Is it too late for me...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

…to have a shot at getting two of the Mist-forged Hero weapons? I am just getting back into the game after a very long break, and there are a couple of these I really like. Being that the tournament is winding down I’m not sure that acquiring these is a possibility for me. How much WvW participation would it take for me to farm the 600 tickets it would take to pick up two of these bad boys?

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

…to have a shot at getting two of the Mist-forged Hero weapons? I am just getting back into the game after a very long break, and there are a couple of these I really like. Being that the tournament is winding down I’m not sure that acquiring these is a possibility for me. How much WvW participation would it take for me to farm the 600 tickets it would take to pick up two of these bad boys?

The tickets are based on your server and where they are in the WvW tournament. I am not sure you will get any now. You had have participated from the beginning, I think.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

You actually just need the WvW season meta achievement to be eligible for whatever ticket prize your server earns with their WvW ranking.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

If you grind out the meta it is still achievable. A lot of people have completed it in about a week or two of dedicated playtime. You have until the 30th. So yes there is still time.

However the rewards are tied to your server not based upon how you alone have done.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Took me about a week and a half to get the meta without focusing on it. Plenty of time.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Jarvis, it is going to be impossible to get 600 tickets, regardless of how long you have left.

The tickets are awarded based on how well your server has done, and the three servers that finish first place only get awarded 500 tickets. 2nd place get 450, 3rd 400, then 350, 300, 275, 250, 225, 200 as you work your way down the positions.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

If you’re in the Gold bracket NA, then first place is up for grabs between a few different servers. If you’re on Silver or Bronze then it’s ‘looking’ like you’d need to be on Henge of Denravi (silver) or Gate of Madness (bronze) in order to get 500 tickets. If you’re on EU 1st place pretty much ‘looks’ decided as Seafarer’s Rest (gold), Gandara (silver) and Dzagonur [DE] (bronze).

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvwsilver

As for whether or not there’s time, I think there is. I’m attempting it myself and after a couple of sessions I’m confident that I have time to make it. I reckon you do too.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I got in 2 weeks going semi-casual (playing 2~3 hours a day, not all the time in WvW), some guildmates got it in 1 weekend going full hardcore.
Follow the karma train in the EotM gets you plenty of the achieves needed, just a few requires you to go to the regular WvW maps.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Can confirm ~3 weeks to get meta, playing literally weekends only (but 3-4hr sessions each day). If you do 1-2hrs every day focusing on specific achievements, you should definitely be able to complete it.

Ruins, badge spender, and jumping puzzle are easy to complete in one play session (admittedly a boring play session). Don’t even worry about the caravan one, that one takes forever to complete. Focus on tower capture, kills, guard kills, supply camps (this one can take that entire 2-3 weeks, just keep constant progress going each day, don’t end a session until you get at least 5 camps). Sentry was another one that took me a while, but if you actually seek them out it might not be so bad. You just run the risk of being killed a lot if you are trying to do it alone.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Seeing as how it’s impossible to get all these skins in one season, I’m pretty sure these skins are going to be back for more than one WvW season.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Guildmate of mine who has been heavily beta testing another game, managed to get the achieve in a couple of weekends.

Do the jump puzzles, and if you have laurels to spare, buy some WvW rank potions, those may help. There have been players who posted they were able to accomplish a lot in EotM.

I’ve heard that tickets for the skins will be available next season as well. Hopefully that is the case, it would make a lot of business sense to do so.

Welcome back and good luck!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you happen to be on a server whose population places it near the bottom of your grouping, then it’s impossible to get enough tickets for a weapon.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Whatever you do, do not transfer servers. There is a waiting period to get into WvW if you do.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

It took me about a full weekend of EotM to get the meta

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Is it too late for me...

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

…by the way, you can’t get 600 tickets — the max is 500.