Is it worth buying 'ascended accessories'

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

Q:

i have my ascended rings and ascended amulet on my main character. i dont have the ascended accessories yet. i was thinking of buying them from the laurel vendor however you need 40 laurels and 50 ectos to buy one ascended accessory . my question is, is this worth it? the stats on the ascended accessories are much lower compared to the ascended amulet and rings but much more expensive in terms of laurels. should i save up and buy something else? i would like to hear your opinions as well on this matter.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Just blow it all on dyes, IMO.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Doesn’t really worth it if you’re not into high level Fractals. (30 40+)
Which I don’t, but I already bought one however. (Kitten! My laurels and ectos!)
It’s just that the exotic knight acc’s Jewel has Pre>Tough=Pow instead of Tough>Pre=Pow so I bought ascended.
Regretting a little ATM

Also you can get them through guild commendations.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Getting an amulet is totally worth it, but the stats you get from earrings are just pointlessly low. Better save your laurels for now or just blow them on something else to turn them into gold.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I’m happy with Exotics on Accessories. If I could get Ascended for just Laurels then I would, but I’m not going to spend Ecto as well for such a small stat increase. The only reason I even have Ascended Amulets on 2 of my characters is because they’re like a free reward for things I do anyway (daily goals.)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I believe at some point Anet will make them available through Fractal vendors.
Anet is famous for adding more (and usually easier) ways to obtain items after a while, I for one will just wait until I can get every endgame item from what is supposed to be the endgame (Fractals).

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

I had 35 laurels last month and i used every last one of them on the dyes…dont regret it at all

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I got the amulet and one of the infusion shards. No regrets. Not sure about the rest just yet, but you can get the rings from fractuals. As far as earrings, they seem rather pricey.

Time will tell, I guess.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

It all depends.

If you WvW or do fractals, get them. If you just do general PvE and dungeons I dont see the use for them. But both in WvW and fractals they can decide between life and death, even if its just a minor stat increase.

There isnt much else worth buying.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Drysdale.3826

Drysdale.3826

Can’t comparable accessories be bought with guild mission tokens x12? That’s much more feasible than laurels/ectos.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

i have my ascended rings and ascended amulet on my main character. i dont have the ascended accessories yet. i was thinking of buying them from the laurel vendor however you need 40 laurels and 50 ectos to buy one ascended accessory . my question is, is this worth it? the stats on the ascended accessories are much lower compared to the ascended amulet and rings but much more expensive in terms of laurels. should i save up and buy something else? i would like to hear your opinions as well on this matter.

Yes.

Although I’d recommend you do the guild bounties at the same time as saving laurels so you can get both earrings simultaneously. (The guild bountie version will take longer due to the chest being weekly and it takes 6 weeks of successes for enough recommendations.)

The extra AR is worth it.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Can’t comparable accessories be bought with guild mission tokens x12? That’s much more feasible than laurels/ectos.

Actually it’s not.

It takes a ton of coordination and prep time to do each bounty not to mention possible ganking from other guilds and the reward chest is once per week meaning it will take you 6 weeks to get enough tokens for just 1 earring even considering you succeed at the bounty each time you are involved and that your guild does it every week.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Not really worth it, however I’m going to get two of them.

Not really worth the price. I hope if they are intended to be pricey they should add them on the fractal vendor for 20 pristine relics.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You can get the accessories (earring) with 12 guild commendations and 5g I believe.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: megaboy.6015

megaboy.6015

50 ectos roughly equal to 15 gold, and I think 40 laurel worth even more gold. I can’t see why would I pay that much for barely noticeable stats increase from exotic unless you are desperate for AR.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You don’t even need more than 25 AR in FotM 48 unless you are a really bad player and get hit more than you should. Even for Maw, there are strategies for getting by without surviving. There’s no rush to get these accessories, so just get them with guild commendations and save your laurels for something more useful.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

It’s 12x guild mission tokens PLUS 5g.

Only the individual player can decide what the best way to obtain their accessories are. Spending the gold + guild mission tokens or laurels + ectos.

Either way is expensive, but in the end, both ways are better than having to do fractals.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Either way is expensive, but in the end, both ways are better than having to do fractals.

Maybe that’s true for you, but you don’t speak for everyone. I wish I could do Fractals level 50+ and get ascended accessories/amulets that way. Doing hard content for gear that’s not time-gated would be absolutely awesome.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!