Is it worth farming for a Legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xselli.6078

Xselli.6078

Hey guys,

Basically I read/watched the Heart of Thorns expansion and first of all it includes ‘new’ legendaries and potentially an easier/productive way of getting precursors and materials to craft one. Also, different classes may now have the option to wield weapons that they couldn’t before.

Is there any point in starting the grind when Heart of Thorns is just a few months ahead?
Tips?

Thanks

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

I wouldn’t invest in some of the ingredients until there is more information, such as gifts of might or magic, but there’s no harm in getting as much money as possible, or full stacks of t6 materials/ectos. Worst case, they’re irrelevant to the new legendaries and you can use them for an old one or sell them to help with the new legendaries.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

For now? Nope. Wait for the expansion. Given that there will be new legendaries, and potentially legendary crafting ease, I’d wait. Especially since we don’t know what materials may or may not be needed.

Save your money.

With all the players about to flood the new region, things like ectos may drop in price like mad . . . if Silverwastes farming has taught us anything.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

For now? Nope. Wait for the expansion. Given that there will be new legendaries, and potentially legendary crafting ease, I’d wait. Especially since we don’t know what materials may or may not be needed.

Save your money.

With all the players about to flood the new region, things like ectos may drop in price like mad . . . if Silverwastes farming has taught us anything.

Unless they add another ecto sink…

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Don’t jinx it.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Just watch the prices. I will probably have enough mats to craft one before the expansion.But I will only do that if the prices ddon’t drop by the time I’ve got them.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’d wait. I still have two left to finish, but I’m putting them on hold until HoT. Just going to save up all my gold and mats, to see what happens.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

The grind is long. It won’t hurt to start saving and collecting materials. But I wouldn’t commit to making anything just yet.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wouldn’t actively choose a legendary to make right now, but you should go ahead and start saving up mats that go into all of them. I highly doubt they’ll make t6 (or any new mats possibly needed for the new legendaries) more accessible in the expansion. So, just save up your t6 and pricey lodestones.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There is no way getting a Legendary after the expansion is going to be less grindy. Sure, the grind will be different from the grind you go through now, but it’ll still be (at best, just as grindy).

And it’s not like the expansion is coming out in a couple months. It could be out for the Christmas holiday season for all we know.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Is it worth farming for a legendary?

Only if it’s one of them pony bows.

Gotta get me one of them pony bows.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka