Is luck going to be account bound forever?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

I wonder if ANet could just hint at us what people with excess luck should do with it. I’m starting to have some trouble with inventory space as I have nothing to do with the luck. The problem is that I don’t know if I can just consume it because there might be Luck cap increase or if I should just keep filling my bank with luck because the cap is never going to be increased and thus consuming it just makes my finger hurt.

What is the reason for luck being account bound anyways ? There is definitelly demand for it and I don’t like the idea of deleting it since it could be useful to somebody else (sending it at least to friends would be great).

Attachments:

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

The answer most likely is yes, it will be – it might be used on occasion for a recipe as it has in the past, but if you think you will ever be able to directly sell or vendor luck…no way. You paid your way to cap (and / or took advantage of luck during an event) – enjoy your 300% MF and just start destroying the excess.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Stick a pin through your head and let me wear you like a badge. Because you lucky!
;-)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Its account bound to reduce the grind. People will reach the cap earlier than intended, but most players are prob sitting on 100-150 if i took a guess. Imagine that spread across toons and it would be very low on each toon and a horrible grind if soulbound.

The solution is to find another use for essences. Maybe a luck eater like mawdrey.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Just consume it. Luck is saved, so if they ever increase the MF cap you will profit from it.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

The solution is to find another use for essences. Maybe a luck eater like mawdrey.

I really like that idea, but please after a dragonite ore eater.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Just consume it. Luck is saved, so if they ever increase the MF cap you will profit from it.

It used to be that way….. not anymore.

Once you hit the cap now, clicking on extra luck does nothing. I don’t know why they changed it, but they certainly did.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I wonder if they could change the exotic essence of luck to give magic find experience and a short-time buff to magic find. That would at least give them some use for those who have it maxed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I really like that idea, but please after a dragonite ore eater.

Agreed!!!

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Holy smokes!

You are the 1%.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One can always ask for what one wants but it’s also good to keep in mind that literally every change costs ANet both time and money. I can see them doing something for excess luck if it’s a sizeable proportion of the players with 300% and stacks of excess luck but I would be surprised if it was even 1% of the players.

If there is something that only effects a small percent of the player base then I don’t see them putting scarce Dev time to working on it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

It used to be that way….. not anymore.

Once you hit the cap now, clicking on extra luck does nothing. I don’t know why they changed it, but they certainly did.

Oh

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I seriously donnu how you can get this many lol.
I only have 50 of those essence for now, and I’m still far away from the cap XD.

McJAC.4739

Sure, not everyone has a problem with all those fractal rings overflowind in their bags, but they still mentioned that we should hold onto them, that something is coming (although that was like a year ago …. but we still have hope ).

The easy solutions probably don’t require them to postpone HoT for another month because it would be enough just to remove the account bound restriction…or increasing the cap is also unlikely timeconsuming.

Why would they need to look for some crazy solutions, like new item for consuming luck or new recipe when there are those easy steps to take. Also I’m not asking for a rework of luck system right now, I’m just asking if they might do something with this eventually.

And I’m really curious why they decided that it cannot be traded and everyone has to do it on their own.

Also getting that many stacks of luck is not easy you have to be actively salvaging items that drop it and it takes a while every day, otherwise capping luck will likely take you years if you just salvage items that you loot.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

I know it doesn’t use many, but you can demote bloodstone brick to bloodstone dust and part of that forge recipe is 1 × 10 luck lol

I use it to denote bricks to feed the mighty mawdrey lol

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

How on earth have you managed to gather twice the amount of 300% luck?

I’ve salvaged every blue and green drop I’ve had after the luck change and I have around 30% of the amount it takes to cap it. :P

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Also getting that many stacks of luck is not easy you have to be actively salvaging items that drop it and it takes a while every day, otherwise capping luck will likely take you years if you just salvage items that you loot.

Do you mind if I ask why are you doing that if you are drowning in luck? Making profit by doing it I suppose?

McJAC.4739

Do you mind if I ask why are you doing that if you are drowning in luck? Making profit by doing it I suppose?

Yea exactly, if it wasn’t profitable I would not be doing it. I’m kinda reluctant to tell you exactly what I’m doing as it requires some research and some spreadsheets, but I think you can guess …there is not such a big variety of things you can salvage for luck (and it is not salvaging ecto), the trick is to figure out which items are profitable and which ones are not. It’s steady source of income so I just keep doing it, although so much salvaging can be quite tiring.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I wish more things would be tradeable, like the ascended materials. I consider bound things pretty horrible thing anyway. :/
I’m envying others who have the materials but I don’t like the methods so I don’t have too much. If it was cheap enough I might buy empyreal fragments for my stars sometimes. They are mostly hungry these days, watching others being forced to destroy their fragments.
…If the materials were like cinnamon or tiny snowflakes I’d love it. >:D

Currently I’m collecting a stack of fine luck for each account for a recipe but other than that I destroy it all. From now on probably thinking of all the fragments I could buy with selling that luck….

How would luck in economy do? Different than the three ascended materials, that much I get. I’m interested on effects but not a luck expert or economy follower.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Here is my guess:

He places buy orders for items that give an average salvage result value that is higher than the cost to obtain them (you would be surprised how many people simply sell armor to the highest bidder on the TP, just because it’s usually more than the vendor price). He salvages all that and sells the items he gets. There could be more complex schemes too but that is the simplest I can think of. Why are more people not doing it? Because it is alot of work to figure out what items to buy at what prices to sell when dynamic pricing is involved. I am going to guess … the target items yield some high amount of cloth/silk.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

kitten I’m sitting on 95% luck, it’s crazy grindy to get that high. Seeing your bag it’s like WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO BESIDES PLAY?! Do you like live in silverwastes 24/7 or something?

Most players do not have 100-150 luck. Most are most likely sitting below 100%. Only few people that play ALL THE TIME have hit cap. You’re forgetting most players are almost always under 100g.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

kitten I’m sitting on 95% luck, it’s crazy grindy to get that high. Seeing your bag it’s like WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO BESIDES PLAY?! Do you like live in silverwastes 24/7 or something?

Most players do not have 100-150 luck. Most are most likely sitting below 100%. Only few people that play ALL THE TIME have hit cap. You’re forgetting most players are almost always under 100g.

I’m on about 160% without having bought anything from the TP and that’s from only playing a few hours each night and not all of them in one place. SW is pretty much the best source for items for luck. Fractals is probably the second best. My way of doing it has been collect enough to go up another 1-2% then fire off an artificer craft run. Oh, my liquidity sits at about 410g atm :p

McJAC.4739

If you try to farm it yourself, you’ll be spending a lot of time in the game…I’m obviously buying stuff on TP.

It is true that a lot of people never have any money, but I have noticed that they also have no interest in investing their money and that they have no problem spending it on things they don’t really need (everyone has the new wings, but just a fraction of them are still using them). I guess they just don’t see how else they could use their money, or it is not worth the trouble for them. After all, Not everyone enjoys standing at TP instead of killing stuff.

I’m on about 160% without having bought anything from the TP and that’s from only playing a few hours each night and not all of them in one place. SW is pretty much the best source for items for luck. Fractals is probably the second best. My way of doing it has been collect enough to go up another 1-2% then fire off an artificer craft run. Oh, my liquidity sits at about 410g atm :p

I’ve heard that hardcore WvW players get tons of items and thus tons of luck from that…possibly maxing luck within a year or less, but I don’t play WvW so that is just what I have heard. You probably need to be on a server that has a lot of zerg fights with other servers.

(edited by McJAC.4739)

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

As others have mentioned, it’s crazy difficult to get Magic Find maxed out at 300% as it is at the moment; I’m sitting on about 200%, I’ve been playing since release (in varying levels of intensity, though), and had 100% more or less when the original Magic Find change was introduced (so since then I’ve only gained 100% or so and I salvage everything and have salvaged a great many Ectos for Crystalline Dust in the past too, due to having also used much of that). You really, really, really, have to be trying to have maxed it already.

That being said, while I don’t think they should ever increase the Magic Find cap (as with Boosters, Environmental Effects etc, you can get to around 500% anyway I believe), there definetly should be a use for the Essence of Luck once you’ve reached that 300 cap, other than the occassional new item recipe.

But I think the Magic Find consumable is a good idea. Perhaps introducing a method that lets you convert 50 Exotic Essences of Luck into a Magic Find Booster, similiar to Mawdrey 2, though to be fair it could just aswell be a simple artificer recipe that everybody gets.