Is or will there be housing for players?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reddragon.8125

Reddragon.8125

hello, im am lvl 32 and starting to wonder if there are houses for sale in the game, if not will there ever be? I do believe this would be a super cool feature to add to the game if not already in it.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Currently there is no player housing. The Heart of Thorns expansion will bring us guild halls that are kinda like player housing but it’s for your whole guild. As for personal housing, it’s something that’s been discussed by players on the forums before. It’s possible we could get it some day but probably not for a while.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: SamRothstein.4059

SamRothstein.4059

I would do it like apartment or lofts much like GTA5. It would be so awesome to have s place to live in Divinity Rest.

It wouldn’t really work with open world housing like ArchAge beacuse in not sure where you could find all that space.

Posted by: AxleSauce.1385

AxleSauce.1385

The Home Instance is pretty much like individual player housing. You can upgrade it with Gemstore stuff, and characters from your personal story hang out there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_instance

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Yeah its already your own personal housing area that you can add things to, and only you can enter unless someone is partied with you. I can see them expanding on it, but not adding a whole new system.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

‘adding to it’ beyond npcs going there as you complete the story, the only things you can add are nodes, you cant decorate or anything, and unless you’re lucky enough to earn a drop or rich enough to buy it, you cant add any good nodes to your home, some are gems only too

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

this would be the next step to improving home instances.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The personal housing or Home instance….

Home instances are

• Salma’s District, (human, Divinity’s Reach)
  • Dreamer’s Terrace, (sylvari, The Grove)
  • Hunter’s Hearth (norn, Hoelbrak)
  • Hero’s Canton (charr, Black Citadel)
  • Applied Development Lab (asura, Rata Sum)
    You can mine in any city, whcih also counts for relevant dailies (daily miner/gatherer/logger), all home instances are unlocked at the same time but mining in 1 instance will lock the mining points in all 5 cities for the remainder of the day until reset.

A-Net has provided some ingame nodes providing

• sprockets,
  • quartz,
  • candy corn,
  • a skill point,
  • aurillium,
  • and a Christmas tree…
    available from storylines long past & rewards for story/event completion, some are available from aurel vendors.

Mining nodes though the Black Lion Chests

• mithril, orichalcum,platinum, (t4,5,6)
  • hard wood elder wood, ancient wood,(t4,5,6)
  • different herbs/veggies (snow- and orrian truffles, saffron, ghost pepper,omnomberry and more)(t6)
    nodes sell on bltp for 100-350+ gold max/1 per unique type/ home instance

Basic harvesting nodes (Gemshop)

• a copper, silver and gold mining point
  • a green wood, soft wood, seasoned wood node
  • a basic cloth rack (~3-4 jute, wool and occasionally a cotton scrap)
  • 3 low tier herb/veggie nodes
    Nodes are available via gems in gem shop

You can get easy acces to your home instance using a Home portal stone (gem shop). All nodes are minable ONCE A DAY not influenced by the amount of characters you posses.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Two things missing from that list which makes home instances pretty useless .. no bank or TP access except paid-for ‘services’.

I’d LOVE to get away from demented five-year-olds bouncing around, spamming AoEs and now flying inanely in the cities in order to use those facilities.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

dont see the point of having player housing

this is not OZ world

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Home instances are

You can mine in any city, whcih also counts for relevant dailies (daily miner/gatherer/logger), all home instances are unlocked at the same time but mining in 1 instance will lock the mining points in all 5 cities for the remainder of the day until reset.

• sprockets,
  • quartz,
  • candy corn,
  • a skill point,
  • aurillium,
  • and a Christmas tree…
    available from storylines long past & rewards for story/event completion, some are available from aurel vendors.

• different herbs/veggies (snow- and orrian truffles, saffron, ghost pepper,omnomberry and more)(t6)

You can get easy acces to your home instance using a Home portal stone (gem shop). All nodes are minable ONCE A DAY not influenced by the amount of characters you posses.

You can get a node from HoT too, I forget the name, I think its for doing all achievements in AB.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kraizer.2350

Kraizer.2350

I haven’t found the home instance to be much of use quite honestly. It’s a nice little area and with some improvements (such as being able to change the theme of it and adding decorations plus NPC’s so you can add a trading post and such) it could be a useful part of the game. Some of us like creating things when we’re not chopping up mobs and doing events.

I wouldn’t expect it to be a high priority, but some consideration would be nice :P

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Home instances are

• sprockets,
  • quartz,
  • candy corn,
  • a skill point,
  • aurillium,
  • and a Christmas tree…

You can get a node from HoT too, I forget the name, I think its for doing all achievements in AB.

Yes, the Aurillium one.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

…it’s something that’s been discussed by players on the forums before. It’s possible we could get it some day but probably not for a while.

Looking at how Guild Halls and scribing were implemented, can you imagine the gold sink that a personal home would be?

5000g to construct: crude welcome mat.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The Home Instance is pretty much like individual player housing. You can upgrade it with Gemstore stuff, and characters from your personal story hang out there.

As it stands the home instance is not good enough.

The home instance is a mess at the moment and really has been neglected for far too long. It has no gliding crafting/merchant and a lot of the things you can get for it have really bad placement, for example two of my ore nodes are actually inside each other. Worst thing of all is that the Guild Decoration system was not added to the home instance with Heart of Thorns, it is the perfect system for home decoration.

No, the home instance as it stands is nowhere near good enough to substitute a proper housing system.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

As it stands the home instance is not good enough.

The home instance is a mess at the moment and really has been neglected for far too long. It has no gliding crafting/merchant and a lot of the things you can get for it have really bad placement, for example two of my ore nodes are actually inside each other. Worst thing of all is that the Guild Decoration system was not added to the home instance with Heart of Thorns, it is the perfect system for home decoration.

No, the home instance as it stands is nowhere near good enough to substitute a proper housing system.

I agree with this. It would be nice to be able to decorate home instances or a home in the guild hall. As it stands if you don’t own your own guild hall you can be locked out of decorating it. Since many guilds only give permission to a couple people to decorate and since guild halls aren’t made for 1-2 people there really isn’t a way for individuals to have a place to decorate. Plus theses that repurchased HoT received a free decoration which if used in a guild hall could only be used by those with permission. So you are basically giving your actual money to the guild. I think it would be perhaps possible to have a section in the guild hall that leads to an instance of a room that individual players could decorate for themselves and perhaps have their nodes and other achievement items in.

Posted by: SamRothstein.4059

SamRothstein.4059

I didn’t realize how much home instinge add onw there were. I will some more time checking it out.

Can you buy other home instancesbin other towns? Now that would cool! Take my money!!