Is precursor crafting going to happen or not?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I believe creating a precursor will probably be about as time consuming as making ~15 vision crystals since a legendary is equivalent to every kind of ascended weapon rolled into one item slot. The cost of crafting 500 and other ascended components tracks to about equal to the cost of the two largely purchasable gifts.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

RNG is a fair drop mechanism for high-frequency drops. Like greens and blues, even yellows.

However, RNG is a horribly unfair mechanic for anything rare. Why? Again, it’s math. We all get a lot of greens and rares, so chances are very good that the average total value of all items assigned to us in that fashion is equal (math demands this to happen with large sample sizes). But with super-rare items, the sample size will be too small to even out, even if we all play the game for a decade. Player A will get a precursor for killing her very first Risen, Player B will annihilate entire armies of mobs and -never- get one. That’s entirely possible. And intrinsically unfair, for player A didn’t do anything to deserve or earn that additional reward. She was just…lucky.

So yeah… I guess that’s why we’re unlikely to agree on this. My definition of fairness doesn’t include randomly making a player considerably richer than others. I believe in equal work = equal reward. With common drops using RNG doesn’t matter, for the distribution will still result in equality. But like I said, MMO makers need to understand that it’s a horrible idea to use RNG for anything rare.

Yes.. I think we’ll be unlikely to agree on this.

In your example, both player A and B had the same chance to “get rich” on their first kill. Likewise, on their second, third, nth kill. Each kill counted the same. So, on a per-event basis, each player received an equal chance at reward – and it’s this chance for reward is what makes it fair.

And gauranteed reward for effort is a whole other discussion.

So, yes. We’re unlikely to agree on this.

Posted by: sidneijr.7051

sidneijr.7051

The precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

No problems Mister Colin Johanson!

So… my return to the game is at highest risk to not happen this year! ;D

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

@Mourningcry.9428:
I understand. You’re looking at the a-priori chances (which are indeed even per kill, I can’t argue that) and neglect what math will do with these. Me? Statistics is part of what I do, so I am looking at the results such a system will produce. Which are quite uneven (you can’t argue that point in return, for it’s just applied statistics).

Anyway, perhaps we can agree on farming gold not being a very satisfying gaming experience for anyone? And since you can’t argue that RNG isn’t a -reliable- method to get a precursor, even if you think it’s a fair one…. maaaaybe it would be awesome if we’d get a -reliable- method for dedicated players to get their precursors that doesn’t involve repetitive, mindless grind of that magnitude?

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

No problems Mister Colin Johanson!

So… my return to the game is at highest risk to not happen this year! ;D

Made me smile, well done.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

It is still something we absolutely plan to do!"

This should have been higher on your list of priorities. Probably more important to players than ascended weapons and armor and that seemed to make the cut just fine.

I appreciate the post. Letting us know it’s very possible it won’t make it this year. I find it very sad that it probably isn’t.

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

You will absolutely see a way to create a precursor available in the future. As detailed in our plans for the second half of the year here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

As mentioned at the end of the blog, as always things are subject to change as test and prepare various systems. Most of the stuff covered in the blog you’ve already seen implemented, or steps towards being implemented, however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

It is still something we absolutely plan to do!

So I take it, we will only be able to craft precursors for new legendary items? I suspected the system would contain all legendary weapons as well. No?

Again, please answer this one, since it is the very soul of this discussion. Will we get craftable precursors for those legendary weapons already in game? Or will this system only give us choices to craft stuff for additional legendary items? (Not only) for me, this makes a huge difference!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I would rather have had the precursor scavenger hunt they talked of in the past (that’s not gonna happen is it?).

NOTHING is less fun in this game than crafting.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Lately I’ve been wondering. Why is it that MMORPGS get away with this?

In a lot of other industries, you tell your customers/audience that something will be available on a given day, and you either produce it or end up giving costly concessions to your customers.

What is it about MMORPGs that makes the standard different. Don’t promise anything so your customers don’t expect anything. This post probalby sounds a lot more emotional than it is. I’m truly wondering what it is that makes a few industries different in this aspect.

I don’t turn on the television to see, “Oops, the episode took longer to edit than we thought, check back next week.” And at any decent restaurant if the food takes way too long to get to the table, the management comes around, apologizes, and reduces the bill. I’ve never gone to my boss and asked that we move opening night back because the scenery wasn’t ready yet.

I guess, one argument would be that, in the case of GW2, we’re not paying additional money to get any of these changes, which is a pretty good point.

And, to be fair, one of the things I liked from the start about ANet was that they seemed ambitious about the things they wanted to achieve. And when you’re ambitious, you sometimes fall short in time, resources, or ability. Guess I’d rather have them shooting high and missing, then flat out saying things can’t be done and aiming for easy to hit targets all the time.

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

How about fixing the drop rate for precursors. I’ve played over 2,000 hours and haven’t seen one, and frankly I’m tired of the statistical aberrations that have gotten 4 or more, with no effort, just handed too them by the forge. Its the worst drop system ever.

One in 1,000,000,000 or whatever it is, is ridiculous.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

The scavenger hunt sounds like an awesome idea, if done right. If course, you never know what they’d do. Perhaps they’d think it’s the best idea since sliced bread to put one of the pieces on top of the Clockwork Tower JP. giggles

But the general charm about the scavenger hunt idea is that it would reward you for actually playing the game. Shocking thought, I know!

The danger with the crafting idea is the possibility that farming money for the precursor is getting effectively replaced by farming money for the mats for the precursor. Or having to salvage Ascended weapons for super-rare mats that replace the silly precursor drop RNG with an equally silly salvage RNG.

Baseline is – and sorry for being a Negative Nancy for a second – that the result of them overhauling the precursor system doesn’t necessarily have to be any better than the current mindless grind for cash.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Should of been the highest priority, a lot of your veteran players are waiting on it to progress in this game

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

TL;DR summary: NO RUSH PLZ

however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

Well thank you for finally being honest with us and not holding anything back in the details this time. …was beginning to think you guys lost your capacity for being frank after that whole GvG debacle.

TBH, they’re really low on my personal priority list too. Infact the only fascination I have with this is going to be in how Linsey handled the Scavenger hunt details and whether people who blow money on Gemshop items will have a bigger advantage like they have recently with regards to acquiring Darkmatter and other mats. And More importantly: Not being stuck with a skin they hate just b/c the only way to transmute them or split them, was with more Gemstore items.

….those kinds of details is where I hope you guys are really reading into these threads and actually taking your time to get things right and not exclude too many people who either can’t afford Gems, or just can’t do a dozen jump puzzles/dungeons every day… Or like me, prefer to actually scout for T6 nodes instead of cheating by looking them up on some Website that doesn’t always update properly every day.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Spent 40G today gambling mystic toilet with GSs … Yeah.
Few rares and nothing.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Should of been the highest priority, a lot of your veteran players are waiting on it to progress in this game

this

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Funny story here…
I had stopped playing for a few weeks because I was bored trying to grind for my precursor, so I decided to toss all of my money into the toilet using exotic GS. If I lost it all, uninstall move on. If I get a pre then I would keep playing.

Dusk on 4th try.

I had previously spent over 300g on toilet fodder without luck and finally got one at my wits end.

They really really need to make it happen fast. They will lose people and more and more out of frustration….they almost did me.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Are there any plans for new legendaries?

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It might sound equally harsh, but the habit of brushing away valid points against broken systems with the “It’s not meant to be easy” line is getting a tad old, really.

Particularly since I already said that I don’t want this to be easy.

The three methods you keep defending so vigourously are

a) Sheer luck.

b) Gambling.

c) Actually farming money like a Chinese goldfarmer.

What you don’t seem want to see is that methods b) and c) are virtually identical. Both require you to stupidly farm large amounts of money, except that b) comes with a gambling component that might either lower or raise the total price you’re paying. It’s again nothing you can control. On -average-, this method isn’t any cheaper than outright buying it.

You’re covering your eyes and ears, uttering the mantra “There is no problem” because you don’t want to see it. Fine, I can’t keep you. shrug

That’s not exactly a fair summary of my feelings.

Actually, I’d say A & B are more akin. Both are mechanics of RNG (kill for drops; drops/carft/buy for MF)/

I’ve argued elsewhere that RNG is a fair mechanic- that’s where i’m coming from.

Now, perhaps it’s a bit clearer why I don’t consider this situation problematic?

Yeah, totally fair that some one can get a precursor on their first toss into the mystic toilet and be set for life (in game) and then the next person dumps hundreds and maybe thousands of gold into it without anything to show for it except an empty wallet.

And the second scenario happens far more often than the first.

Totally and completely fair.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

While on this subject:
Why did designers at arena net think it was a good idea to allow players to sell Legendary Weapons? Doesn’t that make them feel less legendary?

Is arena net happy with the current and increasing value of precursors?

What kind of damage would releasing crafting a precursor do to the overall economy? What about not allowing the new legendary items to not be sold?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Lately I’ve been wondering. Why is it that MMORPGS get away with this?

In a lot of other industries, you tell your customers/audience that something will be available on a given day, and you either produce it or end up giving costly concessions to your customers.

What is it about MMORPGs that makes the standard different. Don’t promise anything so your customers don’t expect anything. This post probalby sounds a lot more emotional than it is. I’m truly wondering what it is that makes a few industries different in this aspect.

I don’t turn on the television to see, “Oops, the episode took longer to edit than we thought, check back next week.” And at any decent restaurant if the food takes way too long to get to the table, the management comes around, apologizes, and reduces the bill. I’ve never gone to my boss and asked that we move opening night back because the scenery wasn’t ready yet.

I guess, one argument would be that, in the case of GW2, we’re not paying additional money to get any of these changes, which is a pretty good point.

And, to be fair, one of the things I liked from the start about ANet was that they seemed ambitious about the things they wanted to achieve. And when you’re ambitious, you sometimes fall short in time, resources, or ability. Guess I’d rather have them shooting high and missing, then flat out saying things can’t be done and aiming for easy to hit targets all the time.

If you were to go to any producer right after they announce they’ve picked up an option, and ask them what specific date it will be released, just watch that producer give you the evil eye and not be any more specific than a seasonal window (like Winter 2014).

You will find in nearly every entertainment industry there is an element of “it’s done when it’s done.” By the time you get a “release date” for a movie or TV show that four or five months in the future… that movie or that season of shows is either already complete or very close to it. When you see a release date for a book this winter… that book could probably be in stores within two weeks… but usually the publisher wants to get the media cycle humming and get the hype going.

Games are a little bit of a different animal than other forms of entertainment in one regard, though. It’s really the only one in which changes and alterations can be made relatively easily after the fact. Those changes, however, are subject to the same development cycle that can really be hampered by any number of factors. And like anywhere else in entertainment, you REALLY don’t want to make any hard and fast commitments to something still in development.

Because while YOU might be forgiving, Gibson, the vast overwhelming percentage of customers are most certainly NOT, and they WILL rake you over the coals if you miss your set date by even a few hours.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

“We’re staying, we’re going, we’re staying, we’re going, make up your mind!”
from the movie “Armageddon”

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Possible slip for 2014 in the precursor crafting – I’m fine with that but I believe i’ve read somewhere that new skills are coming by the end of the year? And what about new type of weapons; let’s say fist weapons, polearm or a 2H axe. Just wondering..

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You will absolutely see a way to create a precursor available in the future. As detailed in our plans for the second half of the year here:

As mentioned at the end of the blog, as always things are subject to change as test and prepare various systems. Most of the stuff covered in the blog you’ve already seen implemented, or steps towards being implemented, however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

In other news. Precursor prices on TP jump 500%.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

I suspect their metrics told them not a lot of players have level 500 crafting, and I’m expecting precursor crafting to require level 600 crafting.

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

@Colin Do you feel you are understaffed? What can we as players do to help support ANET and not NCSOFT to help you grow your staff to push out key features we need quicker?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

@Colin Do you feel you are understaffed? What can we as players do to help support ANET and not NCSOFT to help you grow your staff to push out key features we need quicker?

Colin " Buy more Gems!"

Seriously tho, there is nothing anyone can do.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So we’re seeing “replace a dungeon path with a somewhat buggy one, Add lore-breaking stories to the game, E-SPORTZZ and create 2-minute Content™”

Instead of
“focus on what the playerbase actually wants and has been asking for”

noice

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

We understand the carrots in front of you are getting old.

Here’s a new carrot.

We still plan on letting you actually take a bite.

We can’t say when.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So we’re seeing “replace a dungeon path with a somewhat buggy one, Add lore-breaking stories to the game, E-SPORTZZ and create 2-minute Content™”

Instead of

Angry forumposters =! playerbase

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

I suspect their metrics told them not a lot of players have level 500 crafting, and I’m expecting precursor crafting to require level 600 crafting.

That would just be ridiculous – Precursors are just exotics – so even 400 should be sufficient. They are “worse” than Ascended weapons – and only a substantial investment can turn them into legendaries. Their high price just stems from the depressing artifical scarcity.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

That would just be ridiculous – Precursors are just exotics – so even 400 should be sufficient. They are “worse” than Ascended weapons – and only a substantial investment can turn them into legendaries. Their high price just stems from the depressing artifical scarcity.

They could bump up the stats to be ascended stats if they felt like it, rework legendary crafting requirements, all in the name of evolution.
I’m not saying that’s what they’re going to do, I’m just saying the possibility is there, since they have reworked a few things already.
eg. Magic find, world boss, dungeon replacement.

Posted by: Mizhas.8536

Mizhas.8536

Why it didn’t surprise me?

“Highest at risk to not make it this year”

When are game developers understand that this kind of behaviour is what make the game lose followers?
You’re playing with peoples patience. Too many times playerbase has stated that we don’t want better gear (ascended) but to new and great skins even if they’re hard as hell to get. Just focus on new content such as new fractals, dungeons, maps (also wvw ones), new armor and weapon looks (and plz, make them look epic) and ofc new and interesting lore.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Instead of

Angry forumposters =! playerbase

Agreed, usually the player base silently just quits. The angry ones on the forums are the one with hope.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Lost all interest in getting another legendary after the karma nerf. Next year sounds about right for precursor crafting, We’ll see how the new legendaries look and if they are worth the effort to craft.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Sorry if this sounds awful, but the way I read Mr. Johanson’s response, was this:

We plan on allowing you to make precursors via crafting, but the piece of paper that says “Make precursors craftable” and that’s it, is somewhere on a desk of stuff that we aren’t dealing with right now. I know we already said that it would be available before the end of the year, but since we are not dealing with it and haven’t even bothered with it, I’m now going to tell you that it’s more than likely not going to make it by the end of the year. But don’t worry, we got plenty of other temp content and more stuff to delete from the game so we can replace it with new content to distract you from this and hope you forget about it (like they have done with plenty of other things already).

Sorry but after all the mistrust, lies, deceit, disrespect, and the complete reverse of direction for the game, that they have spread around, I find it hard to believe that they are actually working on this.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Kinda little disappointed that the new Legendaries might not make it this year

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Vraxx Dhala Guzo.3095

Vraxx Dhala Guzo.3095

Guys just buy the precursor. People should learn not everything in life is easy.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I want a pre cursor scavanger hunt to be done correctly and I hate to nitpick and harp on every word, but with arenanet…I have to since they make the boldest claims of any MMO dev out there.

The ‘looking ahead’ article CJ refers to is what they plan to impliment by year end. Now, it is the highest risk of possibly not being implemented.. Sorry, if you say you’ll do something, do it. Don’t say youll add something that the players have been craving for since launch (hence giving a lot of them reason to continue playing) and then say “well, we’ll see if we can add it in…” . BS.

And yes, what about the new skills purchasable by traits and the other things? Heading into mid october…getting curious when these things will be available and if I should look at playing GW2 again.

Currently, Im not.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

cesmode.4257

Why it didn’t surprise me?

“Highest at risk to not make it this year”

When are game developers understand that this kind of behaviour is what make the game lose followers?
You’re playing with peoples patience. Too many times playerbase has stated that we don’t want better gear (ascended) but to new and great skins even if they’re hard as hell to get. Just focus on new content such as new fractals, dungeons, maps (also wvw ones), new armor and weapon looks (and plz, make them look epic) and ofc new and interesting lore.

Yup. Broken record dude. Id say most people would want traditional content like new zones, quests(dynamic events), skills, classes, races, world bosses, dungeons, quasi-traditional guild content(no not raids), skins, personal store, solid lore etc.

Instead we get disjointed living story, zerg content, ascended gear(which is highly controversial), and the occassional world boss/dungeon revamp.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I’m pretty sure a lot of people asked for a ascended gear and we all knew it was coming, but I highly doubt anyone expected it to be that much of a grind.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

cesmode.4257

I’m pretty sure a lot of people asked for a ascended gear and we all knew it was coming, but I highly doubt anyone expected it to be that much of a grind.

Up until November, no one asked for ascended gear. A small minority wow-like minded people clamored for some progression. No one asked for ascended gear, no one asked for time gated gear.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Hi anet devs, let me fix this problem for you.

You can solve the precursor and the legendary honour at the same time.

The precursor and legendary should be account bound.
To be able to craft the precursor, u need 2 new items.
Gift okitteng’ Thorn’s Clocktower and Gift of Queen Jennah’s Gauntlet.

How to attain Gift okitteng’ Thorn’s Clocktower – Clear the mad king clocktower using all 5 different races in a specific order without any failures in between. 1)Human, 2)Asura,3)Sylvari,4)Norn,5)Charr. Instanced event for this. Option available when u want to warp into the map.

How to attain Gift of Queen Jennah’s Gauntlet- Kill Liadri after hitting her with 8 orbs and using all 8 different profession for each kill. Event is held in the mist so that amour and traits can be changed easily and for free.

Legendaries made with this precursor will have the term True Legendary on it and its account bound.

Pre existing legendaries can be thrown into the mystic forge with the 2 abovementioned gifts and 1 elonian wine to create the True Legendary version.

People wielding True legendary have their nameplates coloured in Purple.

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Looking forward to the day we get to beat up Zommoros in a dungeon. I bet he’s got a whole stash of precursors hidden under his bed >:O

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Hi anet devs, let me fix this problem for you.

You can solve the precursor and the legendary honour at the same time.

The precursor and legendary should be account bound.
To be able to craft the precursor, u need 2 new items.
Gift okitteng’ Thorn’s Clocktower and Gift of Queen Jennah’s Gauntlet.

How to attain Gift okitteng’ Thorn’s Clocktower – Clear the mad king clocktower using all 5 different races in a specific order without any failures in between. 1)Human, 2)Asura,3)Sylvari,4)Norn,5)Charr. Instanced event for this. Option available when u want to warp into the map.

How to attain Gift of Queen Jennah’s Gauntlet- Kill Liadri after hitting her with 8 orbs and using all 8 different profession for each kill. Event is held in the mist so that amour and traits can be changed easily and for free.

Legendaries made with this precursor will have the term True Legendary on it and its account bound.

Pre existing legendaries can be thrown into the mystic forge with the 2 abovementioned gifts and 1 elonian wine to create the True Legendary version.

People wielding True legendary have their nameplates coloured in Purple.

lol

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

As if having to do world completion and have an insane amount of materials isn’t enough to merit the precursor crafting you have to somehow find 1000g for the stupid precursor, that after the entire game has already been spoiled and there is only the bi-weekly update stuff left to do. It’s a kittenty design philosophy.

I was 50% done with my legendary and gave up on the game for a month when the precursor spiked at 1000g. What’s the point anyway, since the reward for all their released updates are new skins anyway?

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Thank you for responding. Hopefully it makes it in this year. It may not seem like it but this is considered a big deal for a lot of end-game players and this change can’t come soon enough. I would say its a bigger priority than getting ascended armor out of the workshop, I don’t think anyone is really going to go for ascended armor to be honest when the stat upgrades are barely worth it while the skins are sub par.

I think it would be better to push out the precursor stuff before you do the armor. People want a better way to get precursors, people don’t really care about ascended armor, at least not in the current shape that it is in, the stats and skins do not seem worth it and I’ll explain why further in the post. As someone that want’s the highest-end skins/stats in the game, it doesn’t seem worth it to get ascended armor unless you have some extra gold laying around that you don’t care about. All you’re getting from the zerker set is 18 total combined points of stats with NO extra crit damage stats at all. Considering how many materials are going to be needed to craft it, I probably won’t craft it just because it isn’t worth it. The skins aren’t worth it, the stats aren’t worth it.

Unless the developers are going to raise stats on ascended armor and make the skins look better, it seems like a waste of development time to me. If you have zerker armor you literally gain nothing from this ascended armor because it doesn’t increase crit damage. Therefor I won’t have any need or desire at all to craft it, unless it raises agony resistance for something else other than fractals of the mists or fractals undergoes a massive overhaul, then I don’t understand ascended armors function or purpose.

Please push out what people actually want and ask for first from you developers, which is being able to craft precursor and/or attain one without RNG being a factor.

Also, thanks again for responding.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

I suggested this before, but I still think a good idea is to separate the legendary skin from the legendary item (guaranteed best-in-slot). Make the latter easier to get.

I’ve never supported the idea of having to farm for months in order to stay on top of the gear curve. I don’t have any problem requiring people to farm for years for a cool skin. And yes, I understand ascended weapons are already best-in-slot. That doesn’t mean they’ll be that way a year from now, despite what ANet has promised.

(edited by Geniekid.2645)

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

it will get implemented. i fear how.

probably legendary worth of materials for precursor.

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I wouldn’t mind spending 200-300g in mats to craft it.

I’m more afraid of how much bullcrap we’re gonna have to go through in ascended materials for it. Dragonite ore is painful to acquire. I don’t like doing those events.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I wouldn’t mind spending 200-300g in mats to craft it.

I’m more afraid of how much bullcrap we’re gonna have to go through in ascended materials for it. Dragonite ore is painful to acquire. I don’t like doing those events.

Can you imagine if Dusk/Dawn were 200-300g each? You would see double the amount of Twilights and Sunrises. If Anet introduces precursor crafting and it costs this little to make 1, legendaries will become more common than abyss dye.

Stop wanting legendaries to be easier than they already are. You’re already complaining about doing events for dragonite ore. When precursor crafting comes around you’ll complain about it costing 500g+ 3 weeks of timegating