Is that it? =/

Is that it? =/

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NNYinsanenature.5684

NNYinsanenature.5684

Seems like all the hype was set up last week just for them to announce the new collection AP stuff. I feel depressed now.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Yes

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Aerali.9732

Aerali.9732

I completely agree. I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money in this game (trust me A LOT of money) and I thought that the feature pack is gonna give me some reason to come back to the game after a short break but I feel reluctant to do so. Nothing in the feature pack really interests me. Don’t get me wrong I love the stuff they have added but honestly I have 12 characters and I don’t really want to start a new character to see the things they have added. I hope that when season 2 returns they are gonna make me want to come back to the game full time as Dry Top is already kinda boring.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What hype? You mean the one sentence that said: ‘More information will be released next week about features that are more suited to veteran players.’?

Major hype, indeed!

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

Aside from LS S2 the game is just a hamster wheel. Doing the same things over and over and over and over. This game has so much potential that’s not being utilized.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

I just pray they have hidden a blog post that will be released tomorrow with something that will entice me. Seems unlikely though.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

What hype? You mean the one sentence that said: ‘More information will be released next week about features that are more suited to veteran players.’?

Major hype, indeed!

It’s the consumer that hypes things typically. In fact, we’re notorious for it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Is that it? =/

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Major hype, indeed!

Obviously “features” means “new content”, “playable races”, “Capes”, “Mounts”, etc to a lot of people. While it also shows their complete inability to read. Nowhere in that sentence is the word “new” used.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet is not at fault for some people’s disappointment. If they had not had expectations, they would not be disappointed.

Do ANet blogs abut upcoming content/features paint them in a positive light? Of course they do. Anyone who expects a company to not attempt to put positive spin on an announcement is living in a fantasy world, right along side those who think that “everyone” wants exactly what they want.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sigh

As apparently happened with “promotions,” it seems that we have also forgotten what “hype” is. And people argue that humanity isn’t losing it’s intelligence…. ha.

“We celebrate the idiot
Pretend that we’re so into it
Dumb down our intelligence
Just to make us relevant
Sometimes it makes me think the world has gone officially insane”

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

Honestly, if we got dungeon vanquishing or a sort of hard mode for maps like GW1 had it would def pull me back in.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

oh come on, we JUST had a big feature patch a few months ago that changed a lot in the game, the fact were getting another one this soon was a complete surprise. and the fact that it’s small UI and quality of life improvements is no big deal. honestly I wasn’t expecting anything till maybe the end of season 2 and even then I wasn’t expecting anything big. my time line was every 6 months we get one, a big one then a smaller one like this. no one really has the right to complain about free content in a free to play game. I mean they give us a new toyota but people complain it’ s not a ferrari.

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Honestly, if we got dungeon vanquishing or a sort of hard mode for maps like GW1 had it would def pull me back in.

This is CONTENT, not feature stuff, just FYI.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

oh come on, we JUST had a big feature patch a few months ago that changed a lot in the game, the fact were getting another one this soon was a complete surprise. and the fact that it’s small UI and quality of life improvements is no big deal. honestly I wasn’t expecting anything till maybe the end of season 2 and even then I wasn’t expecting anything big. my time line was every 6 months we get one, a big one then a smaller one like this. no one really has the right to complain about free content in a free to play game. I mean they give us a new toyota but people complain it’ s not a ferrari.

Except those of us that spend money on gems? Is it free to play then? People have a right to voice their concerns and hopefully it’s in a respectful manner. The devs also have a right to ignore whoever they want or those voices they find rude. But to say we can’t complain is not correct.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Is that it? =/

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

After April it was pretty clear “features” are not content like dungeons, races, maps, skills, weapons, etc.

All I was hoping for was a revamp to the trait system. But what we are getting looks nifty!

Is that it? =/

Paradox.1380

Except those of us that spend money on gems? Is it free to play then? People have a right to voice their concerns and hopefully it’s in a respectful manner. The devs also have a right to ignore whoever they want or those voices they find rude. But to say we can’t complain is not correct.

People who buy gems (myself included on many occassions) are buying them for things they want. Be it more gold, or something in the gem shop itself. They aren’t buying more “time to play” or anything like that. They are buying a product not the game itself.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

Adding more AP is content if you want to get technical there.

Is that it? =/

Paradox.1380

Adding more AP is content if you want to get technical there.

No, not really since its using things that are already in game and the minuscule additions of things that aren’t are barely tangible at best.

Whereas Entire new maps that would likely have to include new mechanics (because Heaven help ANet if if they put out new content that reuses old mechanics).

It is likely something they would tie to a living World Release anyway. And even then, its still got nothing to do wit ha feature pack.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

Yeah because in GW1 when they introduced hard mode/vanquishing it was all new maps and enemies right? No, it wasn’t.

(edited by NNYinsanenature.5684)

Is that it? =/

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Yeah because in GW1 when they introduced hard mode/vanquishing it was all new maps and enemies right?

This
Is
Not
GW1

Please stop using that argument.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Dustbite.3670

Dustbite.3670

Look at it like this, they give us a ferrari, with 2 years of fuel. After those 2 years, u cant go anywhere, except if u buy ure own fuel. Same with GW2, they gave us a game, but didnt change anything in 2 years. People who play endgame get bored of doing the same things, without any kind of “goal”. And no, soloing dungeons (with no reward), making 8+ characters and creating your own fun, aint endgame.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

Yeah because in GW1 when they introduced hard mode/vanquishing it was all new maps and enemies right?

This
Is
Not
GW1

you missed the point entirely. I was just pointing out they are only layering a system over an already existing one. IE wardrobe “collections” and such. How hard is it to layer hard mode or vanquising into the maps to give some incentive to kill everything you see for a “goal” instead of just stacking in a corner and mashing 1?

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

The Feature Packs are exclusively in-game features. UI changes, streamlining, quality-of-life, etc. 100% systems and presentation. NOT content. This has been stated many times by ANet.

If you were expecting content (hard mode, maps, dungeons etc) from this pack and are disappointed, that’s entirely your fault.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Perhaps they should have called it “Revamp Patch”.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Yes, that’s it. You forgot to say Thank You to the devs for continually improving the game and delivering features in a feature pack.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

The Feature Packs are exclusively in-game features. UI changes, streamlining, quality-of-life, etc. 100% systems and presentation. NOT content. This has been stated many times by ANet.

If you were expecting content (hard mode, maps, dungeons etc) from this pack and are disappointed, that’s entirely your fault.

seriously you don’t get it either lol. i am not asking for new maps or content. they just layered the collections over wardrobe unlocks and miniatures etc. and you think adding a hardmode would be content. It would be a feature just like any of these. please think first.

Is that it? =/

Kalarchis.8635

This
Is
Not
GW1

you missed the point entirely. I was just pointing out they are only layering a system over an already existing one. IE wardrobe “collections” and such. How hard is it to layer hard mode or vanquising into the maps to give some incentive to kill everything you see for a “goal” instead of just stacking in a corner and mashing 1?

Harder than you assume it is. First of all, vanquishing is impossible. We no longer have instanced maps and the enemies respawn. Trust me, I miss vanquishing too; it’s a lot of what I did in GW1. But it’s impossible with the way GW2 is setup.

Second, hard mode is difficult to implement here because, again, non-instanced maps. Going into hard mode in GW2 would mean new map copies that non-hard-mode players don’t have access to. This means higher server load and it splits up the playerbase, something ANet is strongly against. The point of the Megaserver was to get everyone playing together. If they put hard mode in, new players are going to pop into maps that are empty because all the 80s are in hard mode. It’s not something I see them doing.

Also yes, hard mode is content. It’s somewhere between the feature packs and content like a new map.

(edited by Kalarchis.8635)

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The only way hard mode would work is for dungeons/fractals, and possibly for personal/living story.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

This
Is
Not
GW1

Harder than you assume it is. First of all, vanquishing is impossible. We no longer have instanced maps and the enemies respawn. Trust me, I miss vanquishing too; it’s a lot of what I did in GW1. But it’s impossible with the way GW2 is setup.

Second, hard mode is difficult to implement here because, again, non-instanced maps. Going into hard mode in GW2 would mean new map copies that non-hard-mode players don’t have access to. This means higher server load and it splits up the playerbase, something ANet is strongly against. The point of the Megaserver was to get everyone playing together. If they put hard mode in, new players are going to pop into maps that are empty because all the 80s are in hard mode. It’s not something I see them doing.

I stated it mostly for dungeons specifically since it would remove the “skip trash mobs and stack here and mash 1” mechanic and soloing.

Is that it? =/

Kalarchis.8635

I think TA Aetherpath shows us that they’re more likely to include new, harder paths to dungeons than they are to include a hard mode toggle. But I could be wrong.

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

If they could rewrite enemy AI to comprehend a group is stacked and not blindly rush into them and use tactics against them then it would be a bit of “hard mode”

Is that it? =/

NNYinsanenature.5684

I think TA Aetherpath shows us that they’re more likely to include new, harder paths to dungeons than they are to include a hard mode toggle. But I could be wrong.

Except the fact that a good deal of players. Esp new ones avoid TA Aether like the plague.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

It isnt like you’re pitching money into a donation jar. you’re spending money for goods in the game. once you get them, Anet doesn’t owe you content for your support.

New content is needed, yes, but veiling it behind “we support the game” is a somewhat shaky argument.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

Except the fact that a good deal of players. Esp new ones avoid TA Aether like the plague.

And that’s because the reward doesn’t reflect the time investment. If the path yielded 5g, it might be worth it.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yeah because in GW1 when they introduced hard mode/vanquishing it was all new maps and enemies right? No, it wasn’t.

No, but amazingly it was WAY more re-playable and (here’s the key word) challenging.

Since the open world map is not instanced though, they can’t do something like this, so their only option is to deliver higher level maps with new enemies with different and possibly harder dynamics. OR open up the weapons to different classes and thereby get us new skills to learn and play with.

Instead all its been is, “hey new players! We’re going to hold your hands a bit more through this so you know exactly what a blast and whirl finisher is instead of you taking it upon yourself to learn this when you’re ready or want to. Oh and we are going to lengthen the time it takes for you to do anything in the game, but thats ok because you can collect spoons and craft more along the way to get random items.” Vet players just get to re-craft, and re-explorer the same maps and dungeons to collect things too, and have an easier time trading them I guess while the have a random mini pace around them. yay?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This
Is
Not
GW1

Well, in part, GW1 used instanced maps. Meaning once you killed something it stayed dead (did not respawn). In GW2 we are in open maps where things respawn. This makes a world of difference from a programing experience.

Now HM in dungeons should be possible though.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

And that’s because the reward doesn’t reflect the time investment. If the path yielded 5g, it might be worth it.

Agreed. The time required to completely TA for new folk is….not really worth the time investment when they can go run a bunch of the more common dungeons for far more rewards and far more bonus daily gold. It’s the same reason people were farming blinkx (?) and now the coil in forstgorge because those things are far more rewarding than something like TA Aether which is more of a time sink when you factor in potential rewards.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Is that it? =/

Posted by: Adacian.9752

Adacian.9752

if you raided in any other “unmentionable” MMO games you realize there is nothing hard in gw2.
Hard mode would be a refreshing change. My version of hard mode is bosses that are not beaten in the first encounter or even the first week of trying.