Is the naming policy enforced?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bizzle.3495

Bizzle.3495

I’ve reported numerous offensive names that violate the naming policy, and weeks later I still see these people playing with the same names. How long does it take for action to be taken against a name? Should I re-report the name?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Yes. There’s a ton of people that complain about the 72 hour suspension.

Anytime someone posts in the account issue section of the forum about their character name ban, there’s a few people who also chime in about how they were also suspended for a name. None of them can understand why. Even “Unsanitary Napkin” couldn’t figure it out. (That was the second one for that person. I expect more in their future too.)

But on the other side of the coin. It’s up to Anet to actually suspend and force name change on those names. Just because you report something doesn’t mean that they will suspend and name change. Especially if it’s borderline.

For example: A player with “Gender Bender” got suspended and support is trying to allow him to get his name back.

So while there are people who would be offended by such a name. Anet has decided that it is not warranted. DESPITE one GM actually suspending and forcing the change in the first place.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Carltonbanks.1754

Carltonbanks.1754

Yes. There’s a ton of people that complain about the 72 hour suspension.

Anytime someone posts in the account issue section of the forum about their character name ban, there’s a few people who also chime in about how they were also suspended for a name. None of them can understand why. Even “Unsanitary Napkin” couldn’t figure it out. (That was the second one for that person. I expect more in their future too.)

But on the other side of the coin. It’s up to Anet to actually suspend and force name change on those names. Just because you report something doesn’t mean that they will suspend and name change. Especially if it’s borderline.

For example: A player with “Gender Bender” got suspended and support is trying to allow him to get his name back.

So while there are people who would be offended by such a name. Anet has decided that it is not warranted. DESPITE one GM actually suspending and forcing the change in the first place.

What’s wrong with Unsanitary Napkin? Sounds fine to me.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

A used feminine hygiene product.

Use your imagination as for why. And google if you really can’t figure it out.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Yes, I was forced to change my ranger’s name that I had with GW1 for like forever. “Vampyre Erotica” had it for my touch ranger and decided to use it in GW2. Got to like level 20 before it was reported, probably because I made someone look stupid in map chat about something they had no idea what they were talking about so they started reporting me on everything they could.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Yes, the Naming Policy is enforced. Customer Support takes action on reports in the order that they arrive, so if they have a lot of tickets in the queue, it takes time to take action on a name violation. Sometimes the team makes a judgment call on borderline or may re-assess a decision after internal discussion.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra