Is their Marauder ascended jewelry?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Just curious, trying to map out thief wvw build, are their marauder ascended trinkets? rings, necks, accessories etc?

Thank you.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you can get 3 amulets from the HoT story achieves and all trinkets are “available” from raids (lol.)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Yes, you get them from HoT story achievements.

Furajir.3815

So essentially the skill builder is wrong and I cant purchase the ascended versions via laurels etc?

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

So essentially the skill builder is wrong and I cant purchase the ascended versions via laurels etc?

Correct. The 3 amulet versions are from the story achievements, sadly the rest are raid only.

Not the best thought out system, but there you go

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

They are supposed to become easier to obtain with LS3. Until then, it seems like non-amulet trinkets are raid-only.

Take berserker or berserker+valkyrie instead.

Furajir.3815

welp, thanks gents, at least I can craft the ascended armor and weapons right?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

welp, thanks gents, at least I can craft the ascended armor and weapons right?

Correct

Furajir.3815

Thanks for all your help guys, cheers.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Just curious, trying to map out thief wvw build, are their marauder ascended trinkets? rings, necks, accessories etc?

Thank you.

There are yes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket#Rings

That link has all trinkets and where you can get them. On a side note you can purchase marauder rings and accessories from fractal merch and laural vendor. The stat distribution is a bit different but they are still the 4-stat combo for marauders.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s not the same at all. It doesn’t have a higher stat count like Maurauders does over the pre-HoT stat prefixes and it is a 1 to 1 tradeoff of precision for a little extra vitality.

The only time I include this in a build is if I go over the character’s critical strike soft cap, making any additional precision worthless.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Furajir.3815

It’s not the same at all. It doesn’t have a higher stat count like Maurauders does over the pre-HoT stat prefixes and it is a 1 to 1 tradeoff of precision for a little extra vitality.

The only time I include this in a build is if I go over the character’s critical strike soft cap, making any additional precision worthless.

which is?

MadRabbit.3179

which is?

The soft cap? 80% to account for fury and then subtract any additional flat critical strike percentage increases from traits, sigils, runes or food. Whatever is left is what you want the limit to be with precision.

Take off an additional 8% if you want to theorycraft in the Banner of Discipline bonus; I don’t, because its too rare compared to fury.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I wish we could get marauders trinkets some other way, I dont care about raids or fractals, and I love marauders gear.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

MadRabbit.3179

I wish we could get marauders trinkets some other way, I dont care about raids or fractals, and I love marauders gear.

This issue is one that has plagued GW2 for a long time and is really just a bunch of bullkitten.

See, once upon a time, a bunch of developers sat down and said “Let’s be all hipster and create a MMO with no vertical loot progression. We’ll just have one tier of loot forever and all content will never lose its relevance.”

And they did. And it was cool. And everyone bought it and they played to the end game and had a lot of fun.

But then when they got to the end game, everyone was like “You know, what? This is actually boring as kitten. I have nothing to do but replay all the content I have already done, but for no new loot or items to make that appealing like in other MMOs except for these legendary weapons”

So the developers got back together and came up with a new tier of loot. This new tier of loot had minor stat increases so they can feel good about keeping to their horizontal progression philosophy. It also had such an insane grind attached to it that it would keep anyone not throwing gold at it busy for years.

They looked back upon their work and smiled and said “It is good”. And all was fine in world of Cyria.

Then these developers started making more and more new content and they said “You know what? It’s actually really hard to come up with rewards for this content that people want without adding new tiers of loot.”

So they thought about it and had a brilliant idea! They would add new stat prefixes! This would give something to work towards! So they did.

They looked back upon their work and smiled and said “It is good” (even though it wasn’t). And all was fine in world of Cyria (even though it wasn’t).

Because the developers created new incentives to do new content, but in the process, arbitrarily punished certain classes and builds by locking new stat prefixes relevant to them behind content of varying difficulties and time investments.

The End

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Well I could understand locking them from people who dont own HoT, but at least put them in the laurel vendor selection or something, or let us finally craft ascended jewelry. I mainly use ascended for wvw and you can use content specific infusions on them. Unlike pvp where everything is standardized and equal. WvW gear is more like pve where you can use different tiers, boosters, consumables etc, so extra buffs/stats are always nice.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

Don’t know where you got the idea from that I think they are the same. They are simply the best alternative as long as marauder trinkets are unavailable for non-raiders. I think that was rather clear.

MadRabbit.3179

Don’t know where you got the idea from that I think they are the same. They are simply the best alternative as long as marauder trinkets are unavailable for non-raiders. I think that was rather clear.

I got that idea from these things called facts combined with math.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket#Amulets

Berserkers + Vitality
157 power
90 precision
18 vitality
108 ferocity
373 total stats

Marauders
133 power
133 precision
71 vitality
71 ferocity
408 total stats

Berserkers
157 power
108 precision
108 ferocity
373 total stats

It’s not the better alternative anymore than Berserkers is and the stat composition is different, meaning you can’t just use them as a replacement to get the same value and same min max results.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

On a side note you can purchase marauder rings and accessories from fractal merch and laural vendor. The stat distribution is a bit different but they are still the 4-stat combo for marauders.

Are you being imprecise? Or are you unfamiliar with the difference? If you are unfamiliar with the difference: Marauder is a very specific stat combo with a 2 high/2 low distribution. Berserker + Valkyrie is a different set than Marauder. It uses the same Power/Precious/Ferocity/Vitality stats but allocates them VERY differently, in addition to having fewer total stats thus negating the reason most people are choosing Marauder over Berserker.

If the actual Marauder trinkets are available at the Laurel & Fractal merchants, and not Berserker+Valkyrie, I have not found them on the wiki or at the actual vendors, and would love to see where you are getting your information. Would you

If you are simply being imprecise, please don’t. People may not realize that you are being imprecise and think that actual Marauder stat items can be found in the places you listed.

*Edit – Mad Rabbit posted before I finished and listed out the stats. Thanks!

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

(edited by Moira Shalaar.5620)