Is there a Guild Wars 1 Forum?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

If so, where?
It would be a good thing since it appears to me that a lot of people are still playing.

Posted by: Mortifera.6138

Mortifera.6138

Jinath.1298

Um, ok. Is that even an official forum?
It doesn’t look as if it has anything to do with Arenanet.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Could it be that Jinath.1298 meant to say, “thanks for the link, Mortifera — do you also know if there’s an official forum?”

And that Mortifera meant to write, “you’re welcome. I don’t know of one, sorry.”

edit: my sincerest apologies to the OP for misspelling their display name.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Nah I think they said what they meant and they meant what they said.

Jinath.1298

Who is Jinanth?
Did you mean to spell Jinath?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Afaik there never has been an official gw1 forum, even when the game was actively supported. It’s been gwguru or (now) Reddit.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There isn’t and never has been an official GW1 forum.

Fluffball.8307

Afaik there never has been an official gw1 forum, even when the game was actively supported. It’s been gwguru or (now) Reddit.

There was a much better forum than guru, but I can’t think of the name. It’s where Ruby Bayer came from. GWInc or something? Guru was a mess of childishness that migrated to reddit. Regardless I believe they’re both dead.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There was a much better forum than guru, but I can’t think of the name. It’s where Ruby Bayer came from. GWInc or something? Guru was a mess of childishness that migrated to reddit. Regardless I believe they’re both dead.

Pretty much. I never heard of the one you’re talking about. I think Gwguru closed down some time back. Gwreddit is one notch above dead. The Legacy one mentioned previously might be the best bet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

It was the forum of gwonline.net, later turned into guildwars.incgamers.com.

It is long gone and I can’t even find legacy posts, the old links get re-directed to pcinvasion.com. Perhaps if you use some way-back-machine you can still dig up the forum somehow.
Great times back then, when I was the Mod for the Ele forum there and we had logged Gaile’s (the Frog’s) appearances in LA International via screenshot for the guild wars player base. Almost 15 years have past.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The gw1 wiki was used heavily as a sort of forum.

Fluffball.8307

There isn’t and never has been an official GW1 forum.

There was. I reported a few bugs on it, helped a few people. It was shut down sometime near when GW2 was announced or launched (i.e. probably around 2012).

I think probably because GW1’s code is basically set now. They aren’t doing anything more than fixing exploits or the worst possible bugs; an official forum can’t be automated the way the game is.

Wait what? Really? Well then I stand corrected. I was sure they never had one because GW2 having an official forum was a massive deal when it was announced.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

There never was an official forum for GW1 put out by ArenaNet. All you’ll find are fan sites.

After some years ArenaNet did have an offical support forum for GW1, but it was only for posting about bugs, account issues etc. The support forums were officially shut down a few years ago.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, was sure ArenaNet said that this forum was the first official ArenaNet forum. There was an official Support site for Guild Wars, but I don’t think there was an official forum.

Here’s what the Wiki has to say about player feedback:

ArenaNet uses the wiki to give users a possibility to get into contact with the developers regarding various issues:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/ArenaNet#Player_feedback

I think if there were any official ArenaNet forums, they would be listed there.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There was an official customer service forum, but not a general forum. I myself posted to the customer service forum, but it wasn’t a game forum. It was for people who were experiencing technical difficulties.