Is there a hack letting players ignore terrain?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Last night, after getting to a mildly annoying Vista, I watched six other players try to find the way up. All but two of them required hints because it’s not the “obvious route” which runs into impassable terrain. Then a 7th came up and didn’t even slow down and ran straight up impassable terrain to the Vista, hit it, and then quickly continued on. I’m assuming that’s some sort of hack, yes?

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

In this game, what you see versus what the other player is seeing can be very different. I play side-by-side with another. There’s some changes in translation.

So maybe it’s a glitch in his movement. Or maybe it’s a glitch in your display of his movement.

Posted by: Lance Coolee.9480

Lance Coolee.9480

Yes, there are speed / teleport hacks in the game. If you see them, report them.

Edit: All you can do is suspect hacking; it’s ok to report and let the devs sort it out afterward.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

I’ve actually seen a bot flying around, so, yes, it’s highly possible that they’ve figured out a way to circumvent terrain.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

If you are unsure just report it to be safe and give the Anet staff the heads up.
There is the teleport,fly and speed hack so I am sure something along those lines is not that far off.

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

From what I have read,

Yes, there is an ignore terrain hack. (No Clip like in Quake etc.)

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

We lock this topic and advise you to get in touch with the support in order to report what you have seen.