Is there ever a sale on character slots?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khaziel.3164

Khaziel.3164

Do they often (or ever) have a sale on character slots? If so, how much are they commonly on sale for (if there is a common amount they put them on sale for)?

I’m going to pick up HoT while it’s on sale but really don’t care about the extra stuff in the $38 pack… I’d rather pick up the $25 pack and wait for a character slot sale (so I can buy a 9th slot to make a Revenant) if that’s an option. …but if they never (or very infrequently) go on sale, that could change my mind.

Thanks.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

They have in the past had sales on character slots. Not sure if/when the next will occur.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They aren’t very common, maybe once or twice per year. I can’t remember exactly, but I’d guess they go for 20% off, so 8 dollars, rather than $10.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They were 480 gems for one of the sales.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

The last time was January. 20% is the normal discount. Still waiting… gems in hand — or wait, no, I bought more shared slots. Time to get another gems card!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They do but it is rare. It is so popular that it sells tons without a discount I guess so there is little incentive to lower the price.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As Archie says, it’s really, really rare. I don’t think they have had character slot sales in every calendar year, although early on, I think we had several close together.

I save 800 gems (whenever possible) to buy a slot if I need and hope that I don’t need one before they go on sale.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I’ve been waiting for a 40% off sale for over a year and a half now (though may have missed one, I try to check at least twice a week when I’m not actively playing). It seemed like before then the 40% off sales were fairly regular (though I may be misremembering a tad – I thought 2014 had 40% sales in Jan. Apr. Aug. and Oct. but it seems the Apr. one was 20% and I cannot find any information about an Oct. sale, so my best guess is a faulty memory on my part.)

Oh well. One can hope for a sale soon! Perhaps during the August anniversary?

(edited by Glacial.9516)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Do they often (or ever) have a sale on character slots? If so, how much are they commonly on sale for (if there is a common amount they put them on sale for)?

I’m going to pick up HoT while it’s on sale but really don’t care about the extra stuff in the $38 pack… I’d rather pick up the $25 pack and wait for a character slot sale (so I can buy a 9th slot to make a Revenant) if that’s an option. …but if they never (or very infrequently) go on sale, that could change my mind.

Thanks.

Spend that extra $13 you saved on gems to buy a character slot. Done~