Is this fair?

Is this fair?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shear Force.9154

Shear Force.9154

Just a thought, and one that probably was discussed many times.
Is it fair that people who want legendary weapons have to pay probably 30 times as much as the people who got it when the game launched? (probably more)

Allow me to explain.
With constant gold inflation, things are always rising in price, not because there is more demand and less supply (altho these things are also count) but because with more gold in the game it looses value, however attaining gold is still just as hard, harder even with constant nerfs.

Oh and you think it’s not 50 times?
Maybe, but I remember Dusk being 20 gold, it’s about 600 now

Is this fair?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Gold was harder to earn at that time, as the game opened up, gold became a lot easier to farm. It’s like 1 US dollar back in the 1900 is not equal 1 US dollar today.

Is this fair?

Shear Force.9154

Gold was harder to earn at that time, as the game opened up, gold became a lot easier to farm. It’s like 1 US dollar back in the 1900 is not equal 1 US dollar today.

Yeah, and back in 1900 that one US dollar would have bought you a whole lot more than now. Which is the point I’m making.

Is this fair?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

and back then 20g could have bought you a dusk. (actually I don’t really count initial game since people had no idea of the worth at the start but roughly when I saw prices stabilize it was bout 60g, then it jumped hardout in a few days by manipulators, exploits etc. Anyways, to answer your question, anet does acknowledge somewhat that the precursor prices are not quite as intended and are closely monitored. Their initial attempt as a solution during lost karka was a major failure and now they’re planning but is not put in priority a scavenger hunt.

In short, have patience, don’t buy it now, new methods of obtaining them will come. Legendaries are legendary because they take time.

Is this fair?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Back when it was 20g, you could also make exotics in the mystic forge using level 65 rares. It was something like 30s per attempt.

Is this fair?

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

It’s not fair that anyone has to pay any ridiculous amount of Gold in order to work on or finish their Legendary. I mean, why is it about luck and/or gold? Why isn’t it about a story or a “hunt” for the ingredients to forge a Precursor? Where’s the story? The depth?

There should be a third option for the people who don’t want to farm 660 gold or flush their money into the Mystic Toilet. Don’t make the 3rd option an easy task, of course. No one’s asking for hand outs. I just think there could have been a more enjoyable, in-depth and more meaningful way Precursor’s could have been handled rather than it’s current shallow grind for money.

As it is right now, it’s a waste of time and money to try and get it by gambling in the Mystic Toilet. Save your pennies and hope by the time you save 600 gold, the price hasn’t sky rocketed to 900 gold instead.

leg·end [lej-uhnd] Show IPA
noun
a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

The only thing “legendary” about a Legendary is the person’s wallet.

Is this fair?

Shear Force.9154

It’s not fair that anyone has to pay any ridiculous amount of Gold in order to work on or finish their Legendary. I mean, why is it about luck and/or gold? Why isn’t it about a story or a “hunt” for the ingredients to forge a Precursor? Where’s the story? The depth?

There should be a third option for the people who don’t want to farm 660 gold or flush their money into the Mystic Toilet. Don’t make the 3rd option an easy task, of course. No one’s asking for hand outs. I just think there could have been a more enjoyable, in-depth and more meaningful way Precursor’s could have been handled rather than it’s current shallow grind for money.

As it is right now, it’s a waste of time and money to try and get it by gambling in the Mystic Toilet. Save your pennies and hope by the time you save 600 gold, the price hasn’t sky rocketed to 900 gold instead.

leg·end [lej-uhnd] Show IPA
noun
a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

The only thing “legendary” about a Legendary is the person’s wallet.

I’m not really mad about needing to pay for anything, I just wish it was a fixed price.
While I’m on your side that it should be about the story and adventure to get your legendary and if you read my past post you can clearly see that, I’m fully aware that it’s very hard to do and still keep legendary a rare thing.

I didn’t mind paying 100g for Ice Runes, they are always going to be a 100g, no matter what happens to the economy, other ingredients, well, I could be paying 40s for an ecto today, I could be paying 10s a week after some sort of update, I could also be paying a whole lot more if things go the other way, but the way to make money stays the same, so, the only answer is to buy gems?

Is this fair?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

People who pull out dictionary definitions to make points always make me laugh. Because people say to people in Australia all the time, “you’re a legend” when it’s clear they’re not a legend.

In the strict dictionary definition a mob is a group of people, not one creature. Maybe it just takes a legendary effort to get the kitten thing. lol

Is this fair?

Shear Force.9154

People who pull out dictionary definitions to make points always make me laugh. Because people say to people in Australia all the time, “you’re a legend” when it’s clear they’re not a legend.

In the strict dictionary definition a mob is a group of people, not one creature. Maybe it just takes a legendary effort to get the kitten thing. lol

Why does my “legendary effort” have to be a lot more “legendary” than the persons who made it 3 months ago?

Is this fair?

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

What’s that thing they say about early birds and their legendary swords?

Is this fair?

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

It’s completely unfair!

Everyone with legendaries already should hand them back in and start over!!

Is this fair?

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Really, I thought in the early game, people used an exploit to get their precursors. How fast people tend to forget.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Is this fair?

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Things change, people adapt. If you want one enough, you’ll go for it, I just made mine a few days back, and no I don’t have a huge wallet, and the only thing I used gems for were the karma boosters from the shop. Everything else was done ingame, the way it’s supposed to be, and I know quite a few others who have done the same.

All this hate for people that own legendary weapons is immature and entitled.

Is this fair?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Really, I thought in the early game, people used an exploit to get their precursors. How fast people tend to forget.

Yeah they did, many exploited. they should have been removed. but no..

Is this fair?

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

This argument goes around in any economy eventually… so lets just skip ahead..

Those of you in the trailer park did miss your chance, now you are poor. You can work your way out of that hole, no you will probably never “catch up” – you already missed that chance. Keep your eyes open for another chance and hope this time you are the winner!

At least you can short circuit game poverty by buying at the store, real poverty you are stuck with.

(Posted from my desk, of my six figure job, during my scheduled lunch break, where I have probably beaten you at economics IRL).

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Is this fair?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

When the game first opened there was no DR, so yes it was easier to farm for your legendary. But the rules have changed and those who got their legendary before hand are sitting pretty. I can understand the frustration as it stands now, it is really hard and expensive to get a legendary and because of this have decided myself that I will not deliberately go for one unless I pick up a precursor.

Is this fair?

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

Legendary’s weren’t intended to be made in a week play the game there LEGENDARY for a reason there not even that expensive.

Is this fair?

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Legendary’s weren’t intended to be made in a week play the game there LEGENDARY for a reason there not even that expensive.

Are you crazy “they aren’t even that expensive” LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Yes because in the 6 months I’ve been playing I’ve just randomly accumulated 600+g… LOL

I haven’t farmed for a few hours every day since launch and I’ll never do that. I hope someday the legendaries are attainable by me, who won’t farm for money but might spend a lot of time doing fun activities, but I won’t chase some rich mans pipe dream that is only accomplish-able by the super rich (irl), the early birds with the exploits, or kids with a TON of free time.

Is this fair?

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

No I’m not crazy I play efficiently. 3 gold an hour is easily obtainable and at 3 gold an hour it would take you 900 hours to buy twilight off TP thats 34days of playing time.. that’s reasonable since buying it would be the most expensive option