Is this rumor true?

Is this rumor true?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It is rumored that the ‘instant party wipe’ mechanic at the end of the Jade Sea fractal was added as a gold sink. Is this true?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

And what would exactly be this “instant party wipe mechanic”?
I’ve never had a team wipe at JS fractal, that would be very embarassing considering how terribly easy it is.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Everybody panic.

And I’m gonna say no. Though there may be conspiracy theorists that say any enemy or encounter that can kill you is related to the gem store.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

Be honest OP…you started this rumour didn’t you? :p

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Are you talking about when the Maw does his final pew pew laser beam at the end? I almost never die by that anymore.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

And what would exactly be this “instant party wipe mechanic”?
I’ve never had a team wipe at JS fractal, that would be very embarassing considering how terribly easy it is.

My guess would be…smb throws the last crystal and triggers the very last phase of the fight(where JS spits the green stuff and kills anybody who isn’t holding a crystal). Without crystals that results in a party wipe and reset of the boss. Due to how easy it is to avoid, I doubt it was an intentional gold sink though.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

It can be avoided if you are holding a crystal.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

It is rumored that the ‘instant party wipe’ mechanic at the end of the Jade Sea fractal was added as a gold sink. Is this true?

I did this fractal the other day, myself and another party member survived the last attack . I did grab a crystal and dodged like mad but I did survive.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

Yes, it is all true. ANet came up with these devious plan of letting people die so they would end up loosing all their coins and would have to resort to buying gems to resell for coins. /s

Dude, its like what just over 1s for dying at 80 so youd have to be ultrabad to finish a dungeon run and come out with with less coins than when going in.

People these days…

Is this rumor true?

ThiBash.5634

Ok, so it’s not added as a gold sink. The reason I asked is because unless you know it’s coming, you’re pretty much a repair bill waiting to happen. But you guys are sure that a second time, it is dodgable?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Just starting a rumor doesnt make it true…rofl

However we are talking Anet, so nothing would suprise me !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

I will see everyone’s lols on this and raise them one rofl.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ok, so it’s not added as a gold sink. The reason I asked is because unless you know it’s coming, you’re pretty much a repair bill waiting to happen. But you guys are sure that a second time, it is dodgable?

The second time you do know it’s coming, right?
…and the first time it’s not going to kill you, just down you.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Is this rumor true?

ThiBash.5634

Well, some pointer on how to dodge it would be nice.

As for the guys stating that I started a rumor, what makes you think I did? just because it’s not on the official forums doesn’t mean it’s not whispered ingame…

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Hope this thread gets deleted in 3..2..1…

Is this rumor true?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, some pointer on how to dodge it would be nice.

Watch the mob damage bar. Watch all the other players. Keep a crystal nearby. When you see deathray attack and the damage bar suggests that it’s the last one, grab a crystal and wait. Or just dodge – it CAN be dodged if you time it right.
The one throwing a crystal might have more problems, but then also know exactly when to dodge, so should be okay as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)