Is this the freaking D3 forums?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HyDraLiNsK.2470

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I feel like the general forums here have turned into the D3 general forums, which I trolled for months after uninstalling that game.

I know people are upset about certain things and have every right to be, but come on. This game is 100% better than most I’ve played, 120% better than other MMOs (IMO), and 150% better than D3.

It’s not perfect, but the devs listen, they care, they try, and they’ve made a pretty god kitten admirable game.

Everyone was kittening about not having a gear treadmill and that aesthetic weapons/armor are pointless. So they added a tiny treadmill and now people are kittening about that. Who cares? It’s a game, and a great one at that.

I’m not even max lvl yet, I have a lvl 74 necro 32 mesmer 15 thief 5 ele. I’ve played for 200+ hours and are only 52% world completion on my necro. I will play another 200 hours before I even have to worry about ascending.

I know a lot of players are maxed to the kitten already, but that’s not Anets fault you refused to go outside for 3 months. So what you’re really saying is the game is so good you couldn’t put it down until you were 100% done? And now you complain about being done?

I played Skyrim for 60 hours before it bored me to tears. I’ve played this for 200+ and frankly, I still wish I could stay home from work and play it.

I spent $60 bucks on both of them.

Do the math.

“This rose has thorns…. here they are!!”

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

Yes it is. What people do you think played D3…..

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Complaining about a patch that hasn’t hit yet is the thing to do, lately.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

You seem confident in your opinions so they must be correct.

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

-1 for another diablo 3 hate, honestly, i played d2 since launch and loved every minute of it, and yet i can’t seem to find what’s so wrong with d3, especially after recent additions to it.

+1 for everything else, i’ve gotten my moneys worth alot more than i do from majority of any other games. (Not counting WoW, i know i’m in the panda land but still so happy).
People need to just chill out and enjoy the game, not stressing over new patch that isn’t even released yet. Just pure speculation whine.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

This game is 100% better than most I’ve played, 120% better than other MMOs (IMO), and 150% better than D3.

Everyone was kittening about not having a gear treadmill and that aesthetic weapons/armor are pointless.

I am just curious how you got your percentages.. 100%, 120%, 150%. What kind of metrics you obtained to come up with your conclusion.

Also, I’d like to know how you determined “everyone” wanted a gear treadmill. Did you ask “everyone”? No, that’d be impossible. So you’re just winging it.

People like us who have stayed with this franchise, believed in the company that does not want to please the WOW crybabies. This franchise survived without gear treadmill. We are merely asking them not to yield to the demand from certain demographics who want a gear treadmill.

If they do not listen, they simply will not have our dollars to fund their next xpac or projects. If we have to choose treadmills, we will move to better and established gear treadmills.

That’s all.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

Diablo 3? That really popular game that lost l it’s players a few months after launch because it was a big dissapointment?

Hopefully guild wars 2 does not mirror this, hopefully it will not be as disapointing as D3. Let’s see what happens.

I don’t understand why people defend the game as “it’s the best thing going so you can’t complain”. A-net made a new tier of armour, which goes against their design philo, which is what people bought the game for.

A-net aren’t untouchable, we may like them (although a lot of people like them less right now lol), but they are still open to critique about such a key issue.

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I played D3 and read the forums. I don’t play anymore but I still check the forums occasionally. They have calmed down considerably since 2 months ago. Let’s hope the same occurs here as people who don’t enjoy GW2 for what it is move on.

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

200 hours on GW2 and it’s the best “MMO” you’ve played? That says it all really.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Braces yourselves, the risen posters are coming.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Rhinala.1739

Rhinala.1739

It is hard to gain trust, Anet kept its gaming philosophy in GW1 and in GW2 till the announcement of the latest patch, in this patch thy broke their promise, some see it as the company lied to their dedicated player base in order to care for the WoW treadmill seeker players. A broken trust is hard to mend and this is what i feel now. Anet didn’t kept its word when thy announced that exotic will be the finale tire, why should i believe them when thy say that ascended is realy the finale tire?
In their blog they wrote

will that mean we will get more tires?

(edited by Rhinala.1739)

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

The overwhelming majority of people who post on forums for big games like D3 and GW2 are extremely volatile. When things disappoint those people, there is an outcry. D3 has been a chain of one big failure after the next. I think a lot of GW2 fans are concerned that this game is heading down that path.

I would wait to see what happens with this pseudo expansion pack before taking up the pitchforks, personally.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

It means what it says. They say they just added RINGS and BACK SLOTS, which is a total of three items that any one character can use. That leaves a lot of room to build upon (by adding accessories, armor (probably different sets for heavy, medium and light each) and weapons. Reading anything else seems a lot like paranoia to me.

Why should you not believe them when they say that it is the “final” tier? More importantly, why do you ask that question when they never said that? They only say they will not release new tiers of sets every three months (because that is what a lot of those paranoia people whined about). They did not explicitly say that there will never be any other tiers than the existing ones, and they also did not say that there would be.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

(edited by Shikigami.4013)

Posted by: DrCereal.1765

DrCereal.1765

Aren’t you grateful?

I hope you are as excited about these new items as I am!

Posted by: Zen.1740

Zen.1740

but the devs listen, they care

No they don’t. They lied in their manifesto. They banned people from the forums when everyone (except a few fanboys) complained about the game being in worse condition than the beta weekends, and the amount of grind in the game. Then they increased the grind, nerfed rewards and took away any meaningful carrot.

Maybe they should have hired more programmers to fix the 3 month old event bugs in Arah.

In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were trying to kill their own game. They can close most of their servers and sit back with the money they made from a false marketing campaign.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2,
no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.” – Colin Johanson
R.I.P. in piece, Guild Wars 2, August 2012 – September 2012

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

D3 was a money grab, pure and simple.

It was pushed out the door by Activision, not Blizzard.

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

RE: Don’t complain about a patch that’s not out yet.

When do you think people should complain?
You say now it’s too early because it’s not out yet.
When it’s out you’ll say “Oh they might change it , give it some time”.
And then finally, when it doesn’t change, you’ll say “Oh it’s too late to change it now, maybe next expansion”.

Posted by: Phoenix.6735

Phoenix.6735

This reminds of the D3 fanboys argument of inferno should be one-shot KO hard because Blizzard said “it was supposed to take months to clear” if anyone doesn’t like it can play something else.

And that’s what people did.

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

I don’t entire understand your OP.

1. Is the title of your post a rhetorical question?
2. I gather you hated D3 so you trolled months on their forums AFTER you stopped playing.
3. It also sounds like you really like GW2 so you can’t understand why people would complain on the forums.

The only conclusion I can draw is you feel you are perfectly entitled to troll if you hate something, but no one has the right to complain about anything you love. The result is your trolling about other people the post instead of GW2. I guess the answer to your question, if it wasn’t rhetorical, is “yes.” This forum is more like D3 forum (based on what you shared) thanks in no small part to this thread.

Posted by: Phoenix.6735

Phoenix.6735

Why should you not believe them when they say that it is the “final” tier? More importantly, why do you ask that question when they never said that? They only say they will not release new tiers of sets every three months (because that is what a lot of those paranoia people whined about). They did not explicitly say that there will never be any other tiers than the existing ones, and they also did not say that there would be.

Because I’m not born yesterday and don’t expect somebody to honor a new promise when they already broke an old one?

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

It is like the D3 forums, because they’ve pushed out an unfinshed bug ridden product, combined with some poorly thought out design decisions (8v8 on a 5v5 map, casual teams facing hardcore teams in tPvP, orbs giving even more advanatge to the strongest side in WvW, maps are too small encourages zerging, and so on), hence people are bit annoyed.

Nor does it help that they now look like they are changing their philosophy on gear progression just a couple of months in, so people feel they have been lied to and the company are guilty of false advertising.

Saying that I logged on to D3 yesterday for the first time in months and I like most of the changes, which have addressed many of the issues, so I guess there is also hope for Anet to swing things round.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I don’t entire understand your OP.

1. Is the title of your post a rhetorical question?
2. I gather you hated D3 so you trolled months on their forums AFTER you stopped playing.
3. It also sounds like you really like GW2 so you can’t understand why people would complain on the forums.

The only conclusion I can draw is you feel you are perfectly entitled to troll if you hate something, but no one has the right to complain about anything you love. The result is your trolling about other people the post instead of GW2. I guess the answer to your question, if it wasn’t rhetorical, is “yes.” This forum is more like D3 forum (based on what you shared) thanks in no small part to this thread.

Technically no one has given any real part in any of these threads, it’s whether you feel like you appreciate the content more than a broken promise. Every side has the same reasons re-said over and over again comprimsed of 7000+ “nuh uh” and “yea uh”. So I will accept this OP like the huge risen thread.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

Because I’m not born yesterday and don’t expect somebody to honor a new promise when they already broke an old one?

Sustainable business model will trump creative innovation every time. ANet’s stance on gear is obviously not as concrete as they had their consumers believe pre-launch. This update isn’t any reason to lose your head, but certainly take what they say with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Loumy.7841

Loumy.7841

Why isn’t this thread closed already? It’s basically just trolling.

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

I played D3 and read the forums. I don’t play anymore but I still check the forums occasionally. They have calmed down considerably since 2 months ago. Let’s hope the same occurs here as people who don’t enjoy GW2 for what it is move on.

That’s funny, I would’ve said the same thing. Because I did enjoy GW2 for what it was, that’s why i gave them my kittening money.

And now they’re changing it to a different type of game that I don’t like. Because people who didn’t enjoy GW2 for what it was, who wanted it to be like every other kittening MMO on the market, cried, and Anet listened to them.

Steamy pile of treadmill on my chest.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

First of all, the term “promise” is pretty overused. Whenever someone said something, and some time in the future plans change, people in forums complain about broken “promises”. I am very confident that they never promised that exotic will be the last “tier” of gear ever to exist, and I am almost as confident that they never stated that this will be the case (without promising it).

People go crazy about “treadmills” and speculate wildly about additional tiers to be added regularly which makes players chase after the latest set of gear constantly.
They whine and rant and act like the sky is falling, creating a thread with 50000 views. ArenaNet explicitly answered and stated (not promised) that this will NOT be the case, and that there will be no “item treadmill”. If you don’t believe this explicit statement, then I count you as one of the people with paranoia.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Actually I disagree with that.
I bought into a philosophy and dev design. That is why I preperchased the game. Now the bait and switch me and what I do now is look at the game critically.
Most of orr is a mess DE’s glitched and bugged – the design itself isnt fun but annoying.
Dungeons are bad and no fun – offer very little reward for time/suffering
WvW is a mess cause of the hacking and transfers and culling.
Spvp is unbalanced and bad

SO while I was willing to overlook these things because I believed in Anet and keep going that no longer stands. Which leaves this question is it worth playing anymore?

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

Actually I disagree with that.
I bought into a philosophy and dev design. That is why I preperchased the game. Now the bait and switch me and what I do now is look at the game critically.
Most of orr is a mess DE’s glitched and bugged – the design itself isnt fun but annoying.
Dungeons are bad and no fun – offer very little reward for time/suffering
WvW is a mess cause of the hacking and transfers and culling.
Spvp is unbalanced and bad

SO while I was willing to overlook these things because I believed in Anet and keep going that no longer stands. Which leaves this question is it worth playing anymore?

So original. Tell you what put this post in the 7500 similar thread whiner like you have posted and it will blend in just fine.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

I agree. This is the best MMO I’ve played in years, and the only one that doesn’t make me feel dirty for enjoying it. I don’t feel like I’m being strung along for a monthly sub. I can log in, get my dailies done, and log out feeling like I’ve done something, made progress, and can still have a life.

It’s not perfect. Nothing and no one is. I don’t mind the people saying, “I see what you’re going for here, but have you thought about this?” I do mind the people saying “OMG ANET YOU SUCK YOU LIED TO MEEEEE”.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and concerns but this thread has derailed. Hence, we are closing it.

Thanks for your understanding