Isn't it interesting?

Isn't it interesting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve read this forum now for some time and seen a lot of complaints, demands rage quitting etc.
Yet when the devs do something good and actually show they listen to players, there’s very little thanks for it.
For eg: I’ve seen people ask for Anet to add Rare Items bank slot, show some form of map completion, fix various bugs, etc and they did.
In the last update many good things were done including the above, which shows they DO listen and take note of what we say, yet there’s hardly any posts that acknowledge their efforts and say thank you.
Well I for one would like to say thanks Anet for listening to us and for great improvements you are making to the game.
Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas to you all!

Isn't it interesting?

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well if you don’t mind, this post was not meant for yet another gripe about all that stuff, there are 100’s of other posts you can and I’m sure you already have, expressed your gripes on. Please leave this post for those who DO appreciate the things that are done.
Thanks.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I thanked them plentily.

This patch fixed mesmers and made them more engaging with the might duration, and fixed a lot of ele issues.

I defend them overall in the forums, and most people in every subforum but this one are generally happy and thankful.

I rewarded them with 20 bucks in the cash shop this month (but not last month due to lost shores patch).

I would reward them with a lot more if they dumped DR and raised mat costs instead so the game wouldn’t unfairly punish and make-poor people whose playstyles somehow triggered false “bot-positives”.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

Thank you Arena.net for giving me such a good game, as well as keeping things working as they should.
I for one, appreciate the brilliant work you are putting into this game.

Isn't it interesting?

Tiger Ashante.1792

Honestly, I’ve played this game like 1500+ hours and I’ve not once complained about the loot. I never think about it as I’m playing the game, if it drops it drops. And you know, if you actually don’t think about it, it’s always a nice surprise when you do get something.
I found even in gw1, when i was after a particular item, the more i wanted it the less chance i seem to have getting it. The moment i stopped thinking about it and just played the game, the drops seem to come. I find the same in gw2. It could be just a state of mind.
It’s like if you sit there watching the grass grow, nothing is happening, but if you forget about it and go have some fun doing other things, when you look at the grass again, voila its ready for mowing hehe.
What I’m trying to say, is if you want something really bad and you focus all your thoughts on it, the more you think about it the slower it seems to be happening.

Isn't it interesting?

plasmacutter.2709

Honestly, I’ve played this game like 1500+ hours and I’ve not once complained about the loot. I never think about it as I’m playing the game, if it drops it drops. And you know, if you actually don’t think about it, it’s always a nice surprise when you do get something.
I found even in gw1, when i was after a particular item, the more i wanted it the less chance i seem to have getting it. The moment i stopped thinking about it and just played the game, the drops seem to come. I find the same in gw2. It could be just a state of mind.
It’s like if you sit there watching the grass grow, nothing is happening, but if you forget about it and go have some fun doing other things, when you look at the grass again, voila its ready for mowing hehe.
What I’m trying to say, is if you want something really bad and you focus all your thoughts on it, the more you think about it the slower it seems to be happening.

2 weeks of nothing but blues, whites, and “junk” while half my guild was getting 3 ectos an event.

It’s not “all in the mind”.

There’s broken DR in this game that punishes a consistent group of players (as in the same people for WEEKS) arbitrarily, and nobody has a clue how to avoid it.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

It’s a fantastic game with plenty of potential and a solid structure behind it, but I do agree that the loot table is way out of whack at the moment.

It’s one thing to not be concerned about getting nice drops, but it’s another when you are constantly reminded of the bad system because there have been zero good drops for a good long while.

I don’t chase loot but I do enjoy getting a nice surprise once in a while. But I get the same loot from the Svanir Shaman as I do from Jormag, and the time investment is vastly different between the two.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ve read this forum now for some time and seen a lot of complaints, demands rage quitting etc.
Yet when the devs do something good and actually show they listen to players, there’s very little thanks for it.
For eg: I’ve seen people ask for Anet to add Rare Items bank slot, show some form of map completion, fix various bugs, etc and they did.
In the last update many good things were done including the above, which shows they DO listen and take note of what we say, yet there’s hardly any posts that acknowledge their efforts and say thank you.
Well I for one would like to say thanks Anet for listening to us and for great improvements you are making to the game.

You’ve missed quite a large number of posts then ….it’s understandable considering the search feature doesn’t work properly on the forums.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Snores.7806

Snores.7806

I’ve been fairly vocal in my displeasure at the direction Anet has taken GW2.
Though after the whole Karka Chest debacle, Anet managed to get me sorted out and I posted to that effect in a thread, with my thanks. That earned me a verbal from some fanboy tool.
AS I’ve said in previous threads, I actually like this game. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t. It has massive potential and could well be a contender. The only thing stopping that are the developers and whichever suits are making budget and design choices.
Must admit they’ve done a better job of Wintersday. I’m not interested in all the fluff and gambling crud but visually it’s been pretty cool.
I’m still never going to buy another gem until they fix the droprates… just saying

Isn't it interesting?

Tiger Ashante.1792

2 weeks of nothing but blues, whites, and “junk” while half my guild was getting 3 ectos an event.

It’s not “all in the mind”.

There’s broken DR in this game that punishes a consistent group of players (as in the same people for WEEKS) arbitrarily, and nobody has a clue how to avoid it.

Look I don’t farm, nor do I run dungeons. I simply play the PVE game and if i get some reward all well and good. If you play the game simply for rewards and that’s all you think about, you will never be satisfied. Sure, more drops are always nice, but I personally feel I get rewarded enough just playing normally and I don’t even use MF. Granted I don’t get lots of rares, or exotics or w/ever but those items are supposed to be rare drops anyway.
But despite my not farming, I have 6 toons all decked out in exotic gear and got enough stuff to equip my latest toon that’s lvl 51 atm. I have all the crafts maxed out and got 80+ gold in my bank and I would have lot more had I not spent it on mats to finish up some of the crafts etc, and buying a few weapons that i liked the skins of. I still have to make exotic jewellery for most of them but that’s something that will come in time and it gives me something to work towards. And all of this, I’ve done with just playing the game normally, occasionally selling mats or items i find I don’t need etc.
After playing gw1 for years, I understand that getting everything up to the standard you want takes time and really if you got everything in 1 day, you would just end up being bored with the game and not having anything to strive for.
That’s how I feel about it all anyway.

Isn't it interesting?

plasmacutter.2709

You’re just unlucky. And delusional.

I’m not delusional, i’ve literally gotten absolutely nothing of worth for 2.5 weeks in a row.

I’m under bugged DR that’s lasted that long, and I’m not alone. Roughly 50% of my guild has the same issue while the other half makes enough to accumulate significant gold without issue.

DR is bugged, and its selectively crippling very real players who have never attempted to break the game.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

You all miss the point. You can only farm when and where Anet wants you to. That means go to Fractals and do the Holiday events. Next month they will tell you what to do next.

Exaggeration? It does feel that way to me.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Well personally im very happy with the fixes implemented. Don’t really have aproblem with loot either. I did however find something very weird about loot the last couple of weeks when i use my lvl80 guardian (no magic find gear) i get more drops from mobs blues and greens also get more yellows etc. And for some reason i get more karma and silver for events. Now if i use my other lvl80 caracters i rarely get anything once again no magic find gear

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Khemizt.5104

Khemizt.5104

Once again lol, they get a paycheck. Our thanks to them is taking our hard earned money and purchasing the game, an enjoyable game for $60 is expected… Furthermore these threads occur daily so they get plenty of thanks.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Oh, but I do appreciate the positive changes.. but its becoming increasingly harder to ignore the negative changes.

They do listen, except its selective hearing.
They do have transparency, except its a one way mirror

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Sooner or later every player that is progressing through this game will be met with farming. At such point they might tend to get interested in going along with a particular aspect of farming for the next achievement. The issue here, however, is that majority of the means to farm, and progress with the game, are met with a brick wall – i.e. DR/RNG nerfing.

I am thankful that many issue have been dealt with. However, when a core/critical issue such as the DR/RNG issue has not been properly adjusted (fixed), it makes all of the other positive changes overshadowed.

The question is then raised – Why is it that this particualr problem has not been dealt with?

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The question is then raised – Why is it that this particualr problem has not been dealt with?

Perhaps because of a feature of the game of which, according to Ms. Monroe, a subset of are girlsĀ“ best friends.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

they gave out a great game , its not perfect yet but one day it will be , and i will keep playing it

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I particularly like, in addition to being a day of storage etc. …
The evolution of the statue! And ..
the bottom of the arch, the bottom away, the lighthouse is now a ruin demolished simple pass, but!

A new lighthouse with a building is born! = D

thank you! A net-thank you!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Not to rain on the sunshine and rainbows theme you have going on here but … any company that wants to stay in business is more concerned with the UNHAPPY customer than the happy customer. Just my 2 cents as a business owner.

My thoughts? They made an amazing world and got lost somewhere along the way. As someone that has supported this company since they became a company … I hope they find their way back soon.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Isn't it interesting?

Tiger Ashante.1792

Not to rain on the sunshine and rainbows theme you have going on here but … any company that wants to stay in business is more concerned with the UNHAPPY customer than the happy customer. Just my 2 cents as a business owner.

My thoughts? They made an amazing world and got lost somewhere along the way. As someone that has supported this company since they became a company … I hope they find their way back soon.

Look i’m not an unqualified fanboy here, i got issues with the game too, but seriously the game is less than 4 months old give it time. I know most of you came from other games, well-established games, and i think its unfair the way people are showing lack of patience in giving Anet time to get it right. I have no doubt that they will make it right, but these thing take time.
Lets face it, devs and beta testers can test the game to their hearts content but once the game goes live that’s when the true testing begins. In beta you only have limited world open so like Orr would have probably been tested very little. Any new game relies heavily on the player base to test all aspects of the game and report issues. No matter how brilliant a team may be, they cannot possibly foresee every little thing that may go wrong when a game goes live and this goes when updates are made too.
So the moral of the story is, give it time, keep your faith and encourage the devs to the right thing by giving positive/constructive feedback and you might be amazed what this game will become.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I agree and i would like to thank them for these updates that should have been in the game post launch.

People are upset because the game has fundamental issues and glaring problems that may or may not be getting attention. On top of all this, they are very poor at communication with the community at large.

If they were to post polls for feedback from players, you would cause a commotion ingame. People that had never used the forums in their life would be on here voting for what they like or dislike.

Instead of being upfront, ArenaNet chooses to be passive about issues that people repeatedly complain about.

I thank them for these necessary QoL improvements, but it doesn’t mean people should settle for mediocrity and most don’t. This is why you should get used to seeing such on the forums and the internet in general. Welcome to Earth, this is how we get the ball rolling down here.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

Absolutely, they do listen to the community and respond in some situations. Imo they did a great job listening re: fractals and providing means to get rings without rng. Mesmers got some love after getting neutered. (hopefully engis will get some love next x)

So for that, definitely – thanks Anet!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

I bought gems after the last patch. That was my thank you.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Look i’m not an unqualified fanboy here, i got issues with the game too, but seriously the game is less than 4 months old give it time.

Four months and yet some of the core issues have not been fixed. Either they don’t want to, couldn’t be kitten, can’t, or all of the above. The issue with such time frames is lack of acknowledgement. After 4 months they should, IMO, at least state something about the issue – even the typical “We’re working on it”.

I know most of you came from other games, well-established games, and i think its unfair the way people are showing lack of patience in giving Anet time to get it right. I have no doubt that they will make it right, but these thing take time.

How much time do they require with regards to CORE issues? The longer it takes to fix such things the more players will get annoyed and leave. In the end everyone loses out. I agree that the stronger the issue the more time is required to rectify it. However, acknowledgement if the issue is the first step towards a happy community – and in several topics it lacks that.

If they were to post polls for feedback from players, you would cause a commotion ingame. People that had never used the forums in their life would be on here voting for what they like or dislike.

But this is a good idea. At least then ANet would care NUMBERS to show that people are dissatisfied. This would put more pressure on them to fix the issues. Another plus would be that the players who don’t use forums would account towards better statistics. The only commotion would be in the developers offices – scrambling to fix the issues.

Instead of being upfront, ArenaNet chooses to be passive about issues that people repeatedly complain about.

I thank them for these necessary QoL improvements, but it doesn’t mean people should settle for mediocrity and most don’t. This is why you should get used to seeing such on the forums and the internet in general. Welcome to Earth, this is how we get the ball rolling down here.

If someone is passive towards you it means that either:

a) They don’t want to fix it because they feel that they are being constantly nagged.
b) Ignore you and have no respect for you or your opinion.
c) Both of the above.

I also thank them for fixing many of the issues that many players have discussed herein. However, when majority of the community sees a core issue and yet they feel nothing is done towards fixing it, it makes you think WHAT THE KITTEN is going on? This just reminds me of CoD:MW3 and the constant lack of anticheat support and no change on the silly matchmaking.

I really hope these issues will be fixed – for the sake of everyone.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

1) Anet closes any positive threads without constructive criticism as it is against the rules which I find odd, especially when there are some negative threads / posts WITHOUT constructive criticism which linger around.

2) Forums are generally for those who complain and not to say thank you where a lot of players, arguably a majority, and only a portion of that majority, actually provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM that Anet can respond directly to.

When that happens I wouldn’t expect players to come back to the forums and say thank you for doing that except to provide “constructive criticism” on another issue.

Considering this thread is still active, a moderator hasn’t either vetted this thread yet or has deemed it to have merit.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

You all miss the point. You can only farm when and where Anet wants you to. That means go to Fractals and do the Holiday events. Next month they will tell you what to do next.

Exaggeration? It does feel that way to me.

I got 3 yellows from Jormag today….

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Look i’m not an unqualified fanboy here, i got issues with the game too, but seriously the game is less than 4 months old give it time. I know most of you came from other games, well-established games, and i think its unfair the way people are showing lack of patience in giving Anet time to get it right. I have no doubt that they will make it right, but these thing take time.
Lets face it, devs and beta testers can test the game to their hearts content but once the game goes live that’s when the true testing begins. In beta you only have limited world open so like Orr would have probably been tested very little. Any new game relies heavily on the player base to test all aspects of the game and report issues. No matter how brilliant a team may be, they cannot possibly foresee every little thing that may go wrong when a game goes live and this goes when updates are made too.
So the moral of the story is, give it time, keep your faith and encourage the devs to the right thing by giving positive/constructive feedback and you might be amazed what this game will become.

Usually by the early conception stages of a game, the developers know the direction its going to take. By the alpha or beta normally the consumers know the direction the game is going to take as well.

This is 4 months post release, its still a jack of all trades that does everything either badly or to a mediocre level (except for art, that team deserves some serious kudos) and nobody, not even the developers seem to have the faintest idea where this game is going.

PvE game? Fractals seem to indicate it but even the PvE’ers don’t seem to like it.

WvW game? Its ok, extremely shallow though and doesn’t have lasting appeal.

ESport? lmao.

Isn't it interesting?

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As the thread has derailed with off-topic posting, it is now closed.

However, we appreciate the feedback in the first post, thank you for that