Issue between solo player and farmers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: natayasmark.7134

natayasmark.7134

As the 2nd picture shows, it’s my gathering route at JQ Frostgorge Sound.
I’ll gather Snow Truffle, open the chest near Champion Troll and try to kill the Troll if I can.
However, the farmers just think that I’m selfish to solo Champion. One of them blame me like the 1st picture shows.
Do farmers ask themselves their behavior are selfish as well?
The Champion boss is not belong to me, you and the farmers, if I am able to solo it, why I don’t have right to do?
I solo it, but I didn’t say that the farmers can’t come.
I welcome the farmers to come to kill together, but the farmers believe all the Champion bosses are theirs, they don’t allow any player to solo it until they arrive.
It not necessary to wait them for this boss, while I am waiting for them, they are earning some benefit, what benefit I can gain if I wait them? Nothing.
Someone may say that why don’t you join the farmers.
We all play this game, but we have different aim, I play this game for fun.
Of course I like rich, but I don’t like to do the same things again and again.
I feel sorry that my soloing may cause some farmers miss that boss, but I have right to solo, it doesn’t mean I am wrong.
Farming is not wrong as well, but the farmers don’t have right to limit the solo player to kill the Champion boss.

To Anet:
Please solve this kind of argument, otherwise this is going to happen again and again(maybe other player).

-If you don’t want to see solo player solo the Champion to make most farmers not happy, you may change difficulty of the boss.
-If you don’t want to see the farmers destroy the fun from solo player, you may change(extend) renewal duration of the boss .

Attachments:

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I don’t see the problem.

If people are petty enough to be upset about someone upsetting their farming pattern, squashing their plans becomes its own reward.

On the other hand, if they ask nicely, do consider giving in a bit, right?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s all the I play what I want thread. But I don’t give a rat about other people.

And other people should care about me when I clearly don’t care about them.

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

if your able to solo and want to then please do and you have no obligation or need to tell anyone on the map your doing it and its up to you if you want to say anything about it in map to. i can see how it can become a reward to do it when there is a champ train up atleast if they have that attitude towards others.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I don’t know if it is willful disregard or blind disregard for farmers on Anet’s behalf but there are a larger percentage of players that just want to farm gold and materials.

The constant adjustments and funneling of players in and out of specific areas is what leads to these conflicts.

I don’t think there will ever be an absence of conflict but there was never a Champion farm lynch mob prior to some other changes either.

On one hand I don’t want to see the loot drops reduced in order to curb the growing hostility towards players that don’t play like sheep and follow the herd but I also think that the Champion drops and spawn frequency is too often.

The loot quality needs to be distributed throughout the game in many ways including as rewards for completing Dynamic Events. It does not have to be set as a reward for every single completion but even randomly allowing players to get some chests with high level materials in them would break up the group clutter and entitlement that some Champ farmers are guilty of.

I farm stuff too but I don’t delude myself into thinking I own the rights to any mob or boss either.

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

From your picture, I see one guy who took issue with you killing the mob, and I didn’t see him say anything particularly offensive or egregious. Maybe you should grow some thicker skin before filing reports or making forum threads. No one should be bullied in game, but a little “live and let live” would let the devs focus on more important things than your easily bruised sensibilities.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I think the champs just need a healthy random spawn timer, like spawning between 15 and 35 minutes. They’ll frequently be up for players to kill that play through the zone, but you cannot really make a good farm train with that random timer.

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

You are entitled to play the way you want the game since you pay for it has long you don’t break any rules.

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

kitten me, man. Some of you need a backbone. All I can say is “QQ moar plz!”. Infract away.

Posted by: Millz.4367

Millz.4367

I dont see an ‘issue’. All I see is a whiney kid that won’t play nicely with others.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

I dont see an ‘issue’. All I see is a whiney kid that won’t play nicely with others.

Yep shadow was just talking to his group and then this kid starts harassing him with PM to get him to retaliate.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Aside from the fast that zergs destroy inmersion in pve, the problem is that some guys think you are obligated to do as they please and if not they insult, or try to offend you (just block and denunce them, the game is better without them).

If i want to solo and someone want the champion, in the best case i can ask him politely to not atack him, but he is in his right to atack him.
If someone farm and has a train, he can ask me politely to not kill the champion, but its my right to do it if i want.

If some party is offensive (even if what he said dont affect the people they are calificating) he deserve a denunce and a big grow up litle kid (if you let your emotions get you to a point you offend someone you are been inmature and childish in phisicological terms – at least in that moment, if you do it repetitively, then you are childish, grow up!).

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.