Issue with Sigils

Issue with Sigils

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guild Wars Guy.5790

Guild Wars Guy.5790

I would like to bring to the attention of the game’s developers that there is a significant problem with one of the series of sigils… namely, they include the following:
- Superior Sigil of Bloodlust
- Superior Sigil of Corruption
- Superior Sigil of Celerity
- Superior Sigil of Benevolence
- Superior Sigil of Demon Slaying
- Superior Sigil of Life
- Superior Sigil of Momentum
- Superior Sigil of Perception

What all these sigils have in common is that they gain up to 25 charges of a boon each time a foe is killed and it says that the charges only disappear/reset on player down.

The problem is that after I gain charges by killing players/mobs, if I am to swim in the water (in which case the weapon that I use the sigil on is replaced with an aquatic weapon such as a trident), I lose all the charges. This is a huge problem. After destroying 25 mobs for the charges, then having to swim over a river to get to a different location on the map, only to have lost all the charges I gained is very annoying. I would like to suggest to the developers that the charges not be made to reset to zero each time the player using the sigil swims in the water.

To note is that this ‘reset’ of charges only happens if you swim beneath the water in which case the weapon is replaced with an aquatic weapon, not if you swim on the surface.

This problem is huge for anyone using these series of sigils. Please fix this problem.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Working as intended unfortunately. You need to put another sigil in your underwater weapon.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They intentionally fixed this because it wasnt working as intended before.
Before you could use a weapon wit ha stacking sigil and once you had 25 stacks, swap to another weapon with another sigil on it and keep your stacks.
The way you would like them to fix it would make this exploitable again by putting a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon, get stacks under water and keep your stacks on land, while using a different sigil.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I haven’t tested this recently to see if it got patched at some point, but some months ago, the weird thing was that this “fix” doesn’t work in reverse. That is, if you build up 25 sigil stacks underwater, then head onto land with no matching sigil equipped, the stacks will NOT disappear. So there was an inconsistency between how it was working between land → water and water → land.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Guild Wars Guy.5790

Guild Wars Guy.5790

They intentionally fixed this because it wasnt working as intended before.
Before you could use a weapon wit ha stacking sigil and once you had 25 stacks, swap to another weapon with another sigil on it and keep your stacks.
The way you would like them to fix it would make this exploitable again by putting a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon, get stacks under water and keep your stacks on land, while using a different sigil.

You have a good point, but the thing is, you can switch between weapons (non-aquatic) and the charges from the sigil are retained even if you switch to the different weapon with a different sigil. It seems only not to work like this when switching to the aquatic weapon, not the land-based weapon switching. My point with this post is that it is just very frustrating to lose all the charges if I am simply to cross a river in Cursed Shore for example just to get to the other side.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: MTF.1284

MTF.1284

Just put the sigil on your water weapon as well like everybody else and it’s fixed. Yes buying 2x Superior sigil of bloodlusts may hurt your purse a bit, but that’s how it works.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

So you suggest fighting underwater without having the actual sigil? Or even worse, the other way around?
The current solution is the most fitting one and works perfectly.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I haven’t tested this recently to see if it got patched at some point, but some months ago, the weird thing was that this “fix” doesn’t work in reverse. That is, if you build up 25 sigil stacks underwater, then head onto land with no matching sigil equipped, the stacks will NOT disappear. So there was an inconsistency between how it was working between land -> water and water -> land.

Even then that was only until you swapped weapon. I guess that is not an issue with an ele/eng.

Issue with Sigils

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You don’t even need superior on the water weapon, minor and major will hold the land weapon’s charges (unless it was patched, I haven’t been underwater in a while).

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com