Issues with 7/28 Build

Issues with 7/28 Build

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A few issues have arisen after today’s build (which deployed about 9:00 AM Pacific time). The team is aware of these issues, and appreciates those of you who let us know about areas of concern.

We’ll be addressing the issues as soon as possible and will post an update if there is additional information to share or if we have questions to ask about a particular situation that someone has reported. As usual you will see bug fixes roll out as issues are addressed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Would be nice to know, what those issues actually are, you know, so we dont make posts about them?.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

Well, you can still Jump… and walk, and i think fight, though i haven’t tested that. other than that… if you press H… it’s broken. and more.

Gayle!!! Have i mentioned that we love you?

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: RonM.8412

RonM.8412

you should decrease rampage CD to 150!!
way too much time, in pvp i can use it only once.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Jorgas.9713

Jorgas.9713

a few issues? lol give us a break.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I was able to access HoM and get my skins from there but some guildies says the vendor is still locked.

Traits and skills have to be unlocked again in the hero panel for what seems to be all my toons. Some guildies say it’s only the first character they logged in with. I can change skills but not traits without relearning those.

All Living story parts are gone and shows I have to pay 200 gold to unlock. The achievements are blanked out as well as achievements from SW and Dry Top. The Points haven’t been removed from my account though so probably just display bug?

I did the LS 1 recap on one toon. It shows on the achievement summary. When I log onto Another toon and look under achievments / hero it displays as still to be done.

That’s what I have seen so far…

Issues with 7/28 Build

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I was able to access HoM and get my skins from there but some guildies says the vendor is still locked.

Traits and skills have unlocked in the hero panel for what seems to be all my toons. Some guildies say it’s only the first character they logged in with. I can change skills but not traits without relearning those.

All Living story parts are gone and shows I have to pay 200 gold to unlock. The achievements are blanked out as well as achievements from SW and Dry Top. The Points haven’t been removed from my account though so probably just display bug?

I did the LS 1 recap on one toon. It shows on the achievement summary. When I log onto Another toon and look under achievments / hero it displays as still to be done.

That’s what I have seen so far…

Thanks, Nick, that’s a very helpful list!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Thank you plus more characters.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ewwyn/patch_bug_thread_28th_of_july_2015/

There’s a pretty comprehensive list of the bugs folks have found so far. Most of it seems to be visual bugs and on some characters but not others.

Right clicking on any collection item seems to crash the game too (I think that’s mentioned there).

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I’m thinking this would be a good time to not log in to GW2.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Lols – a few more than a few I think

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

SMAA finally gets added, and it turns out it’s not in this build due to a bug, not listed under the antialiasing menu ;_;

Love the new light adaptation and ambient occlusion implementations though

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

Biggest issue is obviously that you can’t seem to get the monk outfit right …

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: apocalypse.6489

apocalypse.6489

Issue i notice for the moment: all living stories are locked and related achievment are uncomplete ( i have unlocked all except the first). the recap do’nt start. all the training with hero point reset.
hope this is useful.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

SMAA finally gets added, and it turns out it’s not in this build due to a bug, not listed under the antialiasing menu ;_;

What do you need to do to enable light adaptation? It is grayed out for me.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Hubby logged in this morning and not only did his hero points reset but he is missing points now and his character is 80 with map completion. He will submit a ticket when he gets home.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Usually it grays out when your GPU doesn’t support it.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

I just logged in after the update and ticked it, make sure all the usual suspects are ruled out though, latest graphics drivers, verify your GW2 install etc.

That too, what’s your GPU?

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

I hope this helps:

All my lvl 80 characters that unlocked all their traits and stuff can’t change their builds, use heropoints or whatever. Also every of my lvl 80 chars that completed any of the lw season 2 stories has these stories LOCKED and there’s an option to buy every single episode for 200gems. Also every achievement I got (and I got them all) is locked on these chars.

Now the funny part: I happen to have an unused character slot which I used for keyfarming and I have a lvl 13 character that has not done anything except Personal Story lvl 10. When I logged in with that char, everything was normal. I could unlock traits with my few hero points and when I opened the Hero Panel I had access to the complete Living World Season 2. All achievements are unlocked and completed as they should be.

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

Issues with 7/28 Build

TheRandomGuy.7246

I just logged in after the update and ticked it, make sure all the usual suspects are ruled out though, latest graphics drivers, verify your GW2 install etc.

That too, what’s your GPU?

r9 270. 15.7 drivers.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

Pvp tracks seems resetted too. I can’t choose any dungeon tracks.

The current track I was up showed as empty but after playing a match shows what appears to be a correct bar giving correct reward.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

The pile of bugs seem to only affect my older characters…

From my observations, all of my characters created between Aug 2012 and Jun 2013 have been affected by the bugs that were rolled out today. My characters created after Feb 2014 are not affected, and seem to be working fine.

I’m not sure if this is merely a coincidence on my account, or if it is indeed a bug that only affects older characters.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Issues with 7/28 Build

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hey all,

Please post your bug reports in this thread. When we get things into a single thread, it greatly helps our team sort through the reports and work on fixing the issues as quickly as possible.

And speaking of sorting, please read the thread first before reporting, to keep redundant reports to a minimum. If someone else has detailed an issue, we’re good. Only post about it if you have additional, new, different information. Otherwise, consider it on the list!

Thanks so much.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Enable post processing first.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Natirea.7108

Natirea.7108

The pile of bugs seem to only affect my older characters…

From my observations, all of my characters created between Aug 2012 and Jun 2013 have been affected by the bugs that were rolled out today. My characters created after Feb 2014 are not affected, and seem to be working fine.

I’m not sure if this is merely a coincidence on my account, or if it is indeed a bug that only affects older characters.

I tried your idea, and it seems to be the same for me. I logged on to my oldest character, and many things were bugged. (Mail carriers, Achievements, ect) Then I logged on to one of my more recent characters ( a Level 80) and everything was back to normal.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: pazer.8254

pazer.8254

A few issues have arisen after today’s build (which deployed about 9:00 AM Pacific time). The team is aware of these issues, and appreciates those of you who let us know about areas of concern.

We’ll be addressing the issues as soon as possible and will post an update if there is additional information to share or if we have questions to ask about a particular situation that someone has reported. As usual you will see bug fixes roll out as issues are addressed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

SMAA options are missing from the graphics menu. They seem to be present in the actual config file

%appdata%\Roaming\Guild Wars 2\GFXSettings.Gw2.exe.xml
though:

<OPTION Name="antiAliasing" Registered="True" Type="Enum" Value="smaa_high">
            <ENUM EnumValue="none"/>
            <ENUM EnumValue="fxaa"/>
            <ENUM EnumValue="smaa_low"/>
            <ENUM EnumValue="smaa_high"/>
        </OPTION>

Even if set in the config they seem to be missing a label in the graphics menu.

Issues with 7/28 Build

TheRandomGuy.7246

Thanks. That was the problem. I hate post processing so I even forgot that it exists.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

1. Whole Collections Achievements have been reset.
2. Whole Story Journal Achievements have been reset.
3. All PvP Reward Tracks have been reset and do not progress at all.
4. All Skill/Traits Training have been reset, with no Hero Point Refund.
5. The moment you complete Daily, the Daily resets and gives you a new Daily.
6. Previously Unlocked Season2 chapters now Locked down behind Gem Paywall.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Thanks. That was the problem. I hate post processing so I even forgot that it exists.

Good to now, because I have the same GPU as you and I also let post processing off

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: WhiteFox.9432

WhiteFox.9432

Here’s to a quick resolve without any further added bugs in the coming patches.
Thanks for the update, but it feels a bit sloppy now. tsk tsk tsk, good thing I’m such a GW fan.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Kecal.3964

Kecal.3964

I downloaded the launcher update (~6MB) and now every time I try to lunch the game I get this (I have used the report to ArenaNet option).

Not sure if it’s to do with this build or something gone wrong on my machine (first time I have this problem in nearly 2 years).

Attachments:

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

All my PvP reward tracks are resetted to 0

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

1. Whole Collections Achievements have been reset.
2. Whole Story Journal Achievements have been reset.
3. All PvP Reward Tracks have been reset and do not progress at all.
4. All Skill/Traits Training have been reset, with no Hero Point Refund.
5. The moment you complete Daily, the Daily resets and gives you a new Daily.
6. Previously Unlocked Season2 chapters now Locked down behind Gem Paywall.

Let’s add these too.

7. Mail Carriers are all reset and locked, have to rebuy all of them.
8. PvP finishers are all locked and reset, have to rebuy all of them.

I assure you, this is not a visual bug either, I can’t select them and use them. Please fix this, it cost me alot of gems to have these things.

*Edit
This patch is a huge visual bug. I’ve swapped to multiple alts and still shows my stuff locked, however I can choose the finishers/mail carriers I have by closing my menu for it to work. Note: This only works for PvP finishers only.

(edited by Despair.2374)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It’s a visual bug. They’re all still there. This has been verified by people logging into alts and having everything show up. I did it myself. Main: everything locked. One of my alts: everything unlocked. Of course you can’t chose them, one part of the game isn’t telling another part of the game that you have them. But you do.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I dont know if it because of the patch or not but Axe on Necro does like no damage?
Could someone test this plz

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Carinae.9634

Carinae.9634

I downloaded the launcher update (~6MB) and now every time I try to lunch the game I get this (I have used the report to ArenaNet option).

Not sure if it’s to do with this build or something gone wrong on my machine (first time I have this problem in nearly 2 years).

I have this same issue happening too. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have already tried deleting the gw2.tmp and .dat files and reloading, but to no avail.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I’m just thinking…

This is why forcing automatic updates in Windows 10 Home is a bad idea. Even though they’re supposed to keep your machine from being a cesspool of viruses, you get one update that shatters everything.

Anyway, I hope this gets fixed soon. I also hope that some kind of process change occurs so that this won’t happen again in the future. A little bit of QA process goes a long way to preventing issues like this from going live.

Little red Lioka

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Are these patches not tested before being made live?

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Latest patch seemed to have fixed my locked Season 2 and the Traits showing that nothing was unlocked.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

dragonsnakes everywhere

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Aurlie Priest Of Ra.5014

Aurlie Priest Of Ra.5014

everything was fine with the new build until the the one about 2 hours ago. I had 23,508 achievement points before the last build. I log in after and my ap is down to 23,000. I get a mail saying that i was awarded gwamm (god walking amongst mere mortals) and that points had been taken away. i am only one title away from gwamm in gw1… i know that i didnt have that title. I want my ap back however. i work very hard to keep that as high as i can and maintain a real life. please give back my ap…

Issues with 7/28 Build

Aurlie Priest Of Ra.5014

i was just awarded my 23,500 chest last night. its gone from my list of chests that are coming up.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

The SMAA option doesn’t seem to be there. Did anyone see it on their end?

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

i was just awarded my 23,500 chest last night. its gone from my list of chests that are coming up.

You can regain those AP by fulfilling the requirements for GWAMM again (I think). As for your chest, OBVIOUSLY it’s not in the list of what you’re going to get. You already got it. Gaile’s stated that if you got an achievement chest due to the bugged points from the HoM issue, you wouldnt lose anything from the chest, despite AP being removed. Conversely, it means you wont get the achievement chest a second time.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

everything was fine with the new build until the the one about 2 hours ago. I had 23,508 achievement points before the last build. I log in after and my ap is down to 23,000. I get a mail saying that i was awarded gwamm (god walking amongst mere mortals) and that points had been taken away. i am only one title away from gwamm in gw1… i know that i didnt have that title. I want my ap back however. i work very hard to keep that as high as i can and maintain a real life. please give back my ap…

They took away the AP that got awarded when the glitch gave you GWAMM. As soon as you get that one title and link your accounts, you’ll get the AP back.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Aurlie Priest Of Ra.5014

ty ty its all better now.

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I’ve just had an e-mail in game telling me I received the GWAMM title in error and it is being revoked. I wouldn’t have an issue with this, except my game didn’t have the GWAMM title given to it.

Anx

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

1. Trait Points keep giving the red dot as they werent used.
(resolved)2. My HoM titles have been stripped……both AP and titles…..tough i have them till the XX points (which gave me all skins).
3. Characters cant swap trait lines.
(resolved)4. Daily keeps reseting itself.
(resolved)5. HoM skins are blocked….
6. Several characters have been locked to LSS2. Even tough other characters have them completed.

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

(edited by Ox See Sox.3687)

Issues with 7/28 Build

Posted by: McPilch.3719

McPilch.3719

Biggest issue is obviously that you can’t seem to get the monk outfit right …

Followed closely by the dodgy finger graphics when wearing the Strider gloves, at least on a human female.. seriously, if you’ve got this skin, zoom in and look at your fingers.. once you see that “1990s graphics” mess, it will become the most annoying issue in the game!

Yes, I like zooming in on my human female toon… ;-P