It's KILLING ME! let us know!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

sorry to ask, but I’ve been playing for checks / age 252 days, and my ocd has been poking the back of my head since day one. The odd shapes in between existing maps. Will you ever creat strangely shaped maps to fill in every single inch of the world? Given how every map has a nice square of rectangle (a few rare maps have a gap that juts in or out granted), so it concerns me greatly that we may never get something like say a rectangle with lines shooting out to fill the area to the east of tangled depths and the little bits above and below. I personally think it’s a wonderful formula to have as many maps as possible (premium xpac maps first right?) be nicely shaped, and then less important maps or LW ones be weird shapes. There’s no evidence Anet won’t do that, but I am a little worried. If you don’t want to say, could you PM me or something Anet? This bothers me… look at the gaps in the existing regions! and there are several comments since I don’t know how to post several pics in one post. LOOK AT THE STANGE CIRCLE BETWEEN AURIC BASIN, TANGLED DEPTHS, AND GILDED HOLLOW! the worst of all!

Attachments:

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Fenom.9457

morecharrsforthewin

Attachments:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Fenom.9457

last one look at how because Fields Of Ruin goes farther than Blazeridge Steppes, we’ll need a very unique zone! Also I did notice with both HoT and FoR that there is a line going across the whole map that will probably not be mapped so they can zoom out or whatever internal reason, and that doesn’t bother my ocd as much. Like a little bit forming a square around the map that for some reason doesn’t get mapped, but just map the rest every inch plz. You guys said (I forgot where srry) that you wanted to map this WHOLE (emphasis on whole) current map if nothing else. Well the square is for style or mechanics whatever that actually looks pretty good but the rest! okie I’m repeating myself now

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Those spaces between the maps are where Zommoros stores all his items, the player tears that drop into his forge and all his precursors. He needs a lot of space.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kakera.3195

Kakera.3195

If you fill every space of the map, it’ll do a Tetris and everything will disappear.

If your post starts with “how dare” then you can be assured I’ll disregard it.

Fenom.9457

#1: LOL NICE!

#2: seriously this bothers me!

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

the only way they could fill every single speace on the map that also makes sense if they remove zone instancing and also implement flying.

but non of them is realy possible or seriously hard thx to the events in zones etc.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Doubtful, as they didn’t in previous games.

Strange circle is, or rather was, the old Dry Top.

Fenom.9457

the only way they could fill every single speace on the map that also makes sense if they remove zone instancing and also implement flying.

but non of them is realy possible or seriously hard thx to the events in zones etc.

I’d love flying! Why are oddly shaped zones so impossible they’d have to remove zone instancing?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Oh, sorry. But it’s true, that bothers me too, so so much. Okay, it’s kinda unrealistic to see the whole map filled (at least in my lifetime), but, well, at least the existing part of the world shouldn’t have those weird gaps.
I’m really hoping for some cool little filler maps (LS?)…

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What on earth are you going on about?

Instanced maps have no interraction with each other except for their placement on the world map, they could fill every space by creating areas that fit the space and butting them up against each other. No flying, no removing zones, no… nonsense.

Fenom.9457

I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Oh, sorry. But it’s true, that bothers me too, so so much. Okay, it’s kinda unrealistic to see the whole map filled (at least in my lifetime), but, well, at least the existing part of the world shouldn’t have those weird gaps.

Yea I don’t mean the whole world (my god that map in wiki article “the world”) just what we see now

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The original Matrix was perfect but that made the residents unhappy. Consequently we now have the slightly flawed version so we have something to be OCD about.
Try not to think about all those gaps being service access tunnels for the map overseers.
Do you think that is air that you’re breathing?

Fenom.9457

The original Matrix was perfect but that made the residents unhappy. Consequently we now have the slightly flawed version so we have something to be OCD about.
Try not to think about all those gaps being service access tunnels for the map overseers.
Do you think that is air that you’re breathing?

huh? I don’t speak matrix srry

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Yea I don’t mean the whole world (my god that map in wiki article “the world”) just what we see now

Okay well, my sentence was kinda confusing.

What I meant:
Whole map = the Tyria map we see now ingame
existing part of the world = the maps we can enter – this should be like a growing ball, getting extended by new maps, AND without strange gaps in between.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

If you fill every space of the map, it’ll do a Tetris and everything will disappear.

lol and +1 for the visual that gave me

Fenom.9457

I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Okay well, my sentence was kinda confusing.

What I meant:
Whole map = the Tyria map we see now ingame
existing part of the world = the maps we can enter – this should be like a growing ball, getting extended by new maps, AND without strange gaps in between.

ok and I agree either do fun weird maps for LW or don’t leave gaps plz!