It's halloween..... NO WITCH OUTFIT?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

This makes no sense. Been waiting to get the witch outfit since last year. It’s halloween season yet nothing in gem store.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

There is time, yet. Good luck.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Halloween gem items stagger through the festival. They will either put them in on Tues or potentially stagger new items every day as they ramp up to Halloween.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There’s a very similar outfit for sale at a candy corn vendor. The Hexed outfit for 3 corn cobs. You might check it out if you don’t have it yet.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Halloween gem items stagger through the festival. They will either put them in on Tues or potentially stagger new items every day as they ramp up to Halloween.

I think you’re probably right.

They usually stagger the release of gem store items throughout the festival (presumably to give people another reason to log in regularly). So they’re probably saving a whole bunch of stuff to come out next Tuesday.

As well as the Witch’s Outfit there’s also the various Halloween mini packs and the Haunted Gramophone which haven’t been available this year, and the data-mined ghost outfit. Possibly the Feline Familiar mini too, but no one’s sure if that’s a gem store one or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

There’s a very similar outfit for sale at a candy corn vendor. The Hexed outfit for 3 corn cobs. You might check it out if you don’t have it yet.

I feel like Anet saw our desire for a canthan-themed expansion and tried to turn it into a costume for the female. I have no idea what the heck they were going for with the male version.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

think it was on the gemstore last week
they should have left it on over the Halloween period it really doesnt make sense when the outfits are only available on these holidays usually

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It was back for a week Oct 4th-11th.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

WHAT?! halloween week 4th-11th…. makes no sens. come on anet. Halloween festival wasn’t even started yet… grrrrrrr

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Players who came to play for the Halloween Festival don’t even have a chance to get this outfit. I don’t understand why it would be sold and taken down before the festival even started- especially considering it’s used for the feline familiar objective. Why not make all Halloween items and outfits available during the entirety of the festival?

I just don’t understand this bizarre rotation thing Anet has going on, where they keep removing things. I’ve never seen the likes of it. I’d rather see the store expanded and all items available at all times- with the exception of seasonal items which sensibly would be available during their corresponding festivals.

(edited by Nikal.4921)

Posted by: Grandmaster Pants.2936

Grandmaster Pants.2936

This is what I’m saying too. Why the heck did they put it up and then remove it before the event even started? Who would even begin to expect that? I sure as hell didn’t and now I’m going to miss it for a whole year again unless they put it up again.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Two reasons. First is to build hype for the Halloween festival. Second is to reward players who consistently log in.

• Witch’s Outfit returned for a week on the 4th.
  • Bloody Prince Outfit returned for a week on the 11th.
  • Mad King’s Outfit returned the 18th and since it’s a Mad King version of Halloween, I expect it will be around until the festival is over.

Maybe we’ll get the Executioner’s or Lunatic Guard Outfit next Tuesday.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I feel like Anet saw our desire for a canthan-themed expansion and tried to turn it into a costume for the female. I have no idea what the heck they were going for with the male version.

If I remember correctly the Hexed Outfit was created when GW2 was released in China. Apparently depictions of human bones (especially skulls) as ornaments is one of the things which affects a games age rating in China much more so than in Western countries so something like the Witch’s Outfit which is covered in bones (especially the male version) would push the age rating up.

So they created the Hexed outfit as an alternative and since they’d already made it they gave it to us too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)