It's happening again!

It's happening again!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

So… all GW1 players knew the almighty “Ursan” problem and after months of that skill being abused to farm endlessly and breezing through PvE Anet finally decided to nerf it…

(people were forced to heavily grind in order to get a high level of said skill, some had to create a new character in order to have one with more armor to use that skill as it was accessible to all professions)

BUT! now… years have passed and the same thing is happening, just that this time it’s warriors endlessly farming CoF’s explorable path 1 with a mesmer!

How do you guys feel about this? And what would you do to fight this kind of behavior?

1-Now I’m not about nerfing but if some skills are literally “required” to join some parties then there’s something wrong, so be it an only-PvE change to 100b in order to prevent warrior’s spam.

2-Make that path actually need some kind of thought in order to be completed, like harder boss, improve AI (as to… run/kite if under AoE or 100b), unskippable mobs, mobs’ CC and definitely more AoE, plus a tweak to the acolyte part of path1… no1 would ever stay there and take the hits if you can get out of combat and w8 the acolytes’ respawn, like… instead of that neverending avalanche of mobs that is sure to wipe you…. and stuff, you know?…

3-Now one BIG problem in GW2 is the reward system, right now one if not the best way to make money is spamming CoF p1 in order to get both silvers and tokens to spend to get rares->salvage->ectos->profit! …. why does it have to be this way? why are we forced to do things like this? the answer is simple, because doing something else… ANYTHING else is not as profitable as this, so in order to make up to this I’d give a boost to lower level zones’ rewards and boost/add items to be crafted that require lower tiers’ materials.

Keep in mind this topic is only about this CoF problem, there are many other problems in GW2 that need tweaks and some thought but please don’t go off topic

Attachments:

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

It's happening again!

Posted by: Cloud.4593

Cloud.4593

This kind of thread is happening again!

It's happening again!

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I’m a problem? Noooooo.

It's happening again!

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If warrior/mesmer can do it in 6 minutes. I’m sure every class combination with a mesmer can do it in less than 8.

You are only dps check in 2 place, even if your dps is 3 times slower than warrior, it should only take like 20 second for slave driver and 1 minutes on last boss.

The reality is most group dont’ have 5 people spec and geared in max dps that is why all the pug are “much” slower. Not saying warrior didn’t do it much faster but if more than anything gear/trait/experience is what turn most pug in to a 15 minute run.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

It's happening again!

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Why is it a problem if people farm? Or find out how to fast do a dungeon? Anet need to make the boss mechanism more challenging perhaps. As long as they don’t exploit bugs I believe you should not punish skill. Some players go to great length selecting the right classes and skills. These players you should appreciate, without them market prices will be much higher.

It's happening again!

Rfreak.6591

@beren.6048

It’s not that people farm, they actually exploit but I’ll leave that as something fixable, what I wanted to say is that parties that require certain classes shouldn’t even exist in this kind of game, not to mention the farm itself.

I’m merely discussing about what ruins my gameplay, the farm and the grind, and unchallenging dungeon rewarding WAY more than the hardest thing you can think about in the game (like the halloween jumping puzzle if people remember lolz).

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

@beren.6048

It’s not that people farm, they actually exploit but I’ll leave that as something fixable, what I wanted to say is that parties that require certain classes shouldn’t even exist in this kind of game, not to mention the farm itself.

So are you telling me guardian or engineer exploit too, because as far as I know they farm orr event much easier. The only difference is there is no gwlfg list to scorn them.

The problem is they take away trinity. Unless every class are pretty much identical in every way, some will always stand out in certain situation. They prety much need to make every class almost identical to avoid balance problem.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

roll a warrior and farm the gold yourself then i bet you will be happy suddenly^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

It's happening again!

Rfreak.6591

@laokoko.7403

By exploit I meant the fact that before the Acolyte part you can completely skip the mobs in your way, and that at the Acolyte part everyone can just gather downstairs to avoid the avalanche of mobs spawning, and the fact that if a mesmer runs fast enough and makes a portal can get the Boulder part done in 10 seconds, that is considered exploit and is the main reason that dungeon is doable in that amount of time.

@Orangensaft.7139

The thing you are suggesting is exactly what lead to the Ursan skill to get completely stomped by Anet’s nerf.

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

@ Rfreak
your part mention nothing about warrior. Arn’t that what you are complaining about?

Every class can skip the mobs, and every class can run downstair. And I can pretty much do the Builder part 90% of the time without a mesmer. You are just forcing premade group harder and more new people getting kicked.

It's happening again!

Rfreak.6591

@laokoko.7403

Could you check the screenshot posted above before getting suddendly upset?

I’m not forcing anything the game’s already easy as it is there’s no point in a 5-8 mins run that doesn’t even mean a risk in a single Death/wipe.

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

Check your screen shot on what? It’s just a screen shot of cof lfg berserkerk warriro only.

Seriously what are you tryign to prove?

What I’m talking about is “balance” here. Which is the main source of the problem. And you know it’s not that hard to change from a berserker warrior to a defense warrior, just some quick gear swap. You know that right?

Making things harder just punish the normal player. THat’s what happen to AC. Do you think Arah is easy? people are still doing speed run in berserker warrior gear, maybe swap in a guardian. That’s it.

So are you talking about cof being too easy, or are you talking about warrior being unbalanced. I dont’ even know which one you are talking about.

It's happening again!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If ArenaNet has a problem with CoF P1 farming, they’ll fix it. Why should players care whether other players farm or not?

As for exclusionism, let it be. It’s going to happen no matter what players say or what ANet does. If it’s not 4 W/1 M CoF 1 it’ll be something else, somewhere else. Players can be endlessly inventive, and some are going to seek the most efficient means to their goals. You’d be better off ignoring them and forming your own groups to do what you want, and leave the game design issues to the designers.

It's happening again!

Rfreak.6591

@laokoko.7403

First: the devs already mentioned they unbalanced the game in the PvE perspective while trying to balance it solely for PvP

Second: it’s proven that a warrior does way more damage than ANY other class and doesn’t have to pay for its recklessness in PvE due to poor AI/CC/AoE.

I’m not “trying” to say anything and I don’t have to prove anything, it’s a fact aknowledged by everyone and honestly, if you think THAT would be hard, think again, anyway it’s a breeze as of now so you don’t even have the right to complain.

Seriously you are picking every single thing just for the sake of argumenting (it seems so to me).

I’m complaining to the fact that leading players towards “this” way is just wrong and even thought they might not have realized it yet, they repeated the same error that was done back in the past (GW1).

Also -I- am trying to find solutions to the matter, trying to contribute to a better game, while YOU are just trying to make me shut up only to have your little farming spot left unscathed.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I’m going to post this over and over in every “BAWWW COF1 FARMING BAWW” thread until it finally sinks in.

Skipping is not an exploit, your argument is invalid.
Running away from the mobs in Crea’s event is not an exploit, your argument is invalid.
My no-mesmer group clears CoF1 in 8 minutes, your argument is invalid.
You do not care what other players are doing when it does not affect you in any way, shape or form, your argument is invalid.

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

@Rfreak

Your right there is a balance probem. Your right cof is much easier than other dungeon path.

What I’m saying is your solution won’t fix the balance problem except make the dungeon harder which would affect “normal” player more than those speed run groups.

It's happening again!

Rfreak.6591

It is a balance problem indeed, I don’t get why people get so flame-ish these days

I proposed a couple ideas it’s not that I’m supposed to be the only1 to do so D=

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

If there’s a balance problem, there’s probably nothing to fix except the balance problem. Which at the current state, it’s probably too late, unless they want to do some major overhaul.

And I’m not just talking about dps. I’m talking about making theif as tanky as guardian.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Go on gw2lfg.com and look at the amount of balanced groups being built. There really is no disparity between the two types of teams. A mixed team is a bit slower due to the fact that you cannot stack might as easily but the run itself is relatively quick. The path is already short to begin with, there’s no rocket science here. And farming it a few minutes quicker is not going to grant you with thousands of gold. Even doing it the fastest possible you have to work VERY hard to afford anything and it really kills your brain. If you can stick to the farm for hours a day for a month more power to you….. I sure as hell can’t. This is coming from someone who mains a warrior.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree with you Rfreak but people exploiting these things are quick to say they aren’t, and defend it as such, but until the dungeons get a proper overhaul i can’t see it changing.

Yes i agree the classes are unbalance but the dungeons are a hot mess too, i don’t like seeing nerfs either but nerfing open world and leaving this exploit is just a slap in my face to me…

They will just move on to HoTW pt 1 or TA pt1 etc and farm that if they only nerf cof pt1..

It's happening again!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Playing the game how it is meant to be played is not exploiting.

Stacking might and bursting down enemies quickly together in a smart way is called some thing else.

Team work.

Some thing this game encourages you to do.

It's happening again!

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Who cares. this isnt something revamping dungeons is gonna fix. Youre always gonna have some classes be more suited for the job. A zerk warrior is usually great for pve, especially cof p1, but its awful i pvp/wvw. Its not like you can’t still do cof p1 and get it done in 10 minutes. You just have to look more.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

I agree with you Rfreak but people exploiting these things are quick to say they aren’t, and defend it as such, but until the dungeons get a proper overhaul i can’t see it changing.

Yes i agree the classes are unbalance but the dungeons are a hot mess too, i don’t like seeing nerfs either but nerfing open world and leaving this exploit is just a slap in my face to me…

They will just move on to HoTW pt 1 or TA pt1 etc and farm that if they only nerf cof pt1..

And looking some 3rd party event timer then camping it isn’t exploit?

It's happening again!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Maybe it is, but when you have zero choice between that and a dead loot restricted world you have no choice..

I never said i don’t understand why people exploit cof pt1, i know why, i just don’t agree with people doing it, also i blame Anet for putting players into where they are now, i do not blame the players..

It's happening again!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Why is it JUST CoF p1 that ANET allows to be farmed and not ALL dungeons/paths? Anyone have insight/thoughts on this?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

It's happening again!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Why is it JUST CoF p1 that ANET allows to be farmed and not ALL dungeons/paths? Anyone have insight/thoughts on this?

I’d like to know, just like I’d like to know why a single class is allowed to run Arah solo. (warrior) that video is still up on youtube btw folks. I can’t post the link because it shows the persons account name.

And don’t get me started on what all they did to the condition damage and touchness/healing in this game to basically make them useless. Healing has never been this bad even in other mmo’s that don’t use the trinity system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

It's happening again!

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I’m a problem? Noooooo.

I lold cause thats the first thing i thought of. I was like oh gosh what did they do :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

It's happening again!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I never have a problem getting into CoF when I want with either a guild group or pug. I don’t think it is a problem. Sure the War/Mes combo will get it done faster, but we’re talking just a few minutes, nothing extreme. No real problem as far as I’m concerned.

And for the record, I main a necromancer running a well build yet still no real issues unless the group is an elitest group.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

It's happening again!

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Lets not forget that before CoF P1 became the easiest path in the entire game that it used to be one of the hardest…

When I was gearing up for my CoF armor (which is my favorite) I was running P2 Magg runs over and over and over until my eyes bled with 20-25 tokens a run, that used to be the easiest path.

P1 was nerfed do to complaints of it being too hard it seems redundant for them to bring it back to what it used to be (we’ll just see people complaining and then it’ll be nerfed again, history would repeat itself) P1 used to be so difficult it made P3 seem like a cake walk as almost every PuG that wasn’t full heavies with a mesmer would fail.

I’m all for making CoF P1 a bit more challenging but in no way how it used to be, if memory serves the last boss in P1 would take 15+ mins to kill without a wipe and you ACTUALLY had to kill the crystals that drop because they would heal him for crazy amounts.

It's happening again!

laokoko.7403

There are actually a few dungeon path that you can do in 6-8 minutes. And some other in 10minutes.

But there is other factor such as cof give berseker gear, 70 rare which can be salvage, slightly more silver per run than some path, and is easier so pug have less chance to fail.

You can farm other path too, but why bother farming 5 gold an hour when you can go 6 gold? (those are just made up number, but you get the point)

It's happening again!

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I fight this behavior with a simple strategy. I simply search on gw2lfg for farmruns, BUT every class is welcome. Thats my way to make the community a bit better.
Especially after the last time I do that even more. We seriously had a guy who flamed another guy, because he picked the first trigger of the gate, instead of the one in the back of the room because he is faster. “we lose seconds if you do kitten like this”. FOR THE LOVE OF BALTHASAR WHAT IN THE KITTENS NAME!

It's happening again!

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

This is just like people crying about every class being op in WvW, which leads to nerfs everywhere. Do you people really want them to nerf every single part of the game?
Yes, cof is the easiest dungeon, there must always be easiest and hardest one. You can’t have five or ten identically hard dungeons.
You can skip parts in other dungeons as well and you can probably finish some of them pretty fast as well (AC).
It just happens that warrior and mesmers perfected p1 and so it seems now like very easy path to do.
I had some very good runs with a team of just thieves, eles, guarda, mesmer and we did each run in 8 or less min.
But such groups are not always good and experienced enough, so that’s why people think only wars are good for cof.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Meh, CoF1 is the only way I can make money that doesn’t rely solely on luck and doesn’t take hours to make a significant amount.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This is why you level 1 of everything to 80. Then when something like this appears, you can hop on the bandwagon along with everyone else >_>

It's happening again!

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Maybe it is, but when you have zero choice between that and a dead loot restricted world you have no choice..

I never said i don’t understand why people exploit cof pt1, i know why, i just don’t agree with people doing it, also i blame Anet for putting players into where they are now, i do not blame the players..

People don’t exploit cof p1, you just can’t do it fast enough and it makes you mad.

It's happening again!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d love to see them throw something the equivalent of Skeletons of Dhuum into that path..unavoidable, with unblock-able, undodge-able attacks. It wouldn’t kill the speedclear, but it would sure as heck slow it down a bit.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I feel no need at all to micro-manage other peoples play styles and will have to leave it to the play police among us.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Farmers =/= Exploiters

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

It's happening again!

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

so the best PvE class should be punished so other classes who aren’t as good will be picked up for farming runs?
its the best for a reason and gold/tokens aren’t soulbound.

It's happening again!

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

I feel no need at all to micro-manage other peoples play styles and will have to leave it to the play police among us.

Exactly.

I cannot believe everyone coming on here complaining endlessly about how OTHER people are playing the game, particularly considering it usually has no impact whatsoever on them.

You will NEVER have a game with complete equality of every class in every situation, and without “exploits” or paths of advantage that some will use. And even if you could, would you really want it? Sounds like a very boring game to me.

I just pray that Anet pays no attention to these sorts of complaints. If they respond to them, the changes will only make the game worse and the complainers will find something else to complain about.

It's happening again!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

You know if they nerf CoF1 they’ll just find another dungeon to farm, HOTW and SE would be possible to make them as fast as CoF1…If people want to farm the money for their legendaries/whatnot let them…I’d rather not have them buy it with a CC.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want