It's ok to be casual

It's ok to be casual

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

It’s ok to lose yourself on the map and explore the world, not for rewards or completion, but to enrich your imagination and find the little details you hadn’t thought of before.

It’s ok to go to dungeons or fractals with builds and classes that are what you enjoy playing first, and “optimal” second.

It’s ok to take the time and help someone in your party who is having difficulty playing, rather than flaming him and leaving to find another party.

It’s ok to not want to unlock every single item and achievement in game but rather those you like the most only.

It’s ok to consider 1000 hours of gaming a gigantic amount of time, and be happy enough doing dailies and a dungeon here and there a day.

It’s ok to lose an event or dungeon you had worked on for over an hour, and instead be glad you spent a great time with your friends.

It’s ok to not aim for legendary or ascended gear and instead enjoy the amazing content that is provided for nearly everyone with merely exotic gear.

It’s ok to enjoy figuring things out by yourself rather than using guides only to maximise efficiency.

Add more if you can.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

It’s ok to just listen to the music.

It’s ok to glide from a very high point with no purpose.

It’s ok to dye your pants with a silly and expensive color

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It’s ok to walk from point A to point B, instead of running.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

It’s OK to run from point A to point B instead of Waypointing.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Tatwi.3562

Tatwi.3562

It’s OK to not want to log in one day, even though you have the time.

It’s OK spend all your gold on Gems so that you can change the gender of your character, because the voice acting of the gender you’ve been playing is annoying.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I see your point and I raise you a:

It’s ok to set out from point A intending to walk to point B, get distracted by point C and a cool place to take screenshots of the sky, spend a few minutes at point D listening to 2 NPCs argue, totally forget you were heading to B and go to F instead because you feel like doing a heart you haven’t gotten around to yet.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Is it ok to not be ok?

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

This might sound a really stupid question, but can you actually just walk in this game? As there are times I would actually like to just slowly walk from one place to another rather than normal running / movement speed.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

This might sound a really stupid question, but can you actually just walk in this game? As there are times I would actually like to just slowly walk from one place to another rather than normal running / movement speed.

yes, you have to set a keybind for it in the options, but it does exist

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yes you can. I believe it’s a key setting in your options (it’s been a long time since I actually did it). My walk/run toggle key is Z.

Also, it’s ok to have 6 asura characters.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Also, it’s ok to have 6 asura characters.

at least

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

It’s okay to wear skimpy armor on your males or females. It’s just a fantasy game.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

yes, you have to set a keybind for it in the options, but it does exist

Excellent! I’m doing that later then

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its ok to be takei

/15takeis

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Its ok to just run around killing mobs for the fun of watching your character’s animations in a fight.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Is it ok to not be ok?

Hey! No meta questions!

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Of course it’s ok to be casual. GW2 is the most casual MMO I ever played. It’s designed for casuals first and “hardcore” players second.

That being said;

It’s ok to alternate between casual content and hardcore content. There is no need to shy away from one or the other.

It’s ok to try raids as a casual. With the right group you might actually enjoy it! I have many casual friends who have cleared raid wings!

And it’s ok to fail defeating a raid boss once, or twice, or 10 times! Just learn from your mistakes and have fun! You’ll get him down eventually!

And it is ok to make your own dungeon/fractal/raid groups in LFG! Don’t wait for someone else to take the initiative and don’t worry about elitists. If you make your own groups you can set the terms and decide how you wanna do things.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Justfor.6018

Justfor.6018

It’s OK to equip 2 weapons just because you think your toon looks kitten with them… even if the damage is “Sub-Optimal”.
i.e: pistol/pistol thief or axe/axe warrior.
:)

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Not that I in anyway actually disagree with the sentiments of the OP, but why did this need a thread?

Hate is Fuel.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I am definitely casual, I find it unfortunate though that there is no story mode version of the Raids so that us casual folks can just fool around and have fun, no legendary insights maybe just champ bags and a chest at the end like an open world meta chain.

Point being it’s ok to hardcore players if there’s a sight seeing version of their hardcore content as it shouldn’t take away from their immersion.

(edited by Oldirtbeard.9834)

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s OK to run from point A to point B instead of Waypointing.

Pretty sure that one is not okay. You are supposed to create a thread about why GW2 needs mounts and to remove waypoints.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Sorry to ruin the mood, but I want to say something about the dailies. Logging in and doing the same thing over and over nearly ruined the game for me. If you play gw2 for the dailies only, play mobile game instead. I just can’t stand this mentality to force yourself login and doing the same thing over and over, especially if you don’t have a certain goal in mind. The game will get boring quickly. I was at this point and I stopped playing for 1,5 years.

Thankfully a friend brought me back, and learned how to pvp. We played a lot of games and eventually became decent.
Before HoT came out I set myself the goal to craft all HOT legendaries(even if I did not own a single legendary before). I farmed quite a lot, learned how to invest and also made a lot of precursors in the MF when it was profitable. Also crafting and selling old legendaries brought me a lot of gold(who buys these?). Now I’m waiting for number 7 to come out and join my collection.

What I want to say is that this game could become so much better if you have healthy goals. If you aim for ascended gear, think about how you want to use it.Fractals? WvW? Or even raids?

Please don’t be the sort of player who(as an example) logs in, kills the warg in WvW, flips a camp, runs away from enemies and log out. Don’t be that guy. If this sounds like you, don’t play gw2, don’t game at all. You should spend your free time for better things

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Sorry to ruin the mood, but I want to say something about the dailies. Logging in and doing the same thing over and over nearly ruined the game for me. If you play gw2 for the dailies only, play mobile game instead. I just can’t stand this mentality to force yourself login and doing the same thing over and over, especially if you don’t have a certain goal in mind. The game will get boring quickly. I was at this point and I stopped playing for 1,5 years.

Thankfully a friend brought me back, and learned how to pvp. We played a lot of games and eventually became decent.
Before HoT came out I set myself the goal to craft all HOT legendaries(even if I did not own a single legendary before). I farmed quite a lot, learned how to invest and also made a lot of precursors in the MF when it was profitable. Also crafting and selling old legendaries brought me a lot of gold(who buys these?). Now I’m waiting for number 7 to come out and join my collection.

What I want to say is that this game could become so much better if you have healthy goals. If you aim for ascended gear, think about how you want to use it.Fractals? WvW? Or even raids?

Please don’t be the sort of player who(as an example) logs in, kills the warg in WvW, flips a camp, runs away from enemies and log out. Don’t be that guy. If this sounds like you, don’t play gw2, don’t game at all. You should spend your free time for better things

Sorry man this is the chill room, just sit back in yo bean bag chair and get your drank on while killing your warg while avoiding PVP.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It’s ok to make a thread about being ok.

It's ok to be casual

Dawnbreaker.6215

[etc]

Now I’m waiting for number 7

I’ll have two number 9’s…
A number 9 large…
A number 6 with extra dip…
A number 7…
Two number 45’s… one with cheese…
And a laaarge soda.

(waiting for someone to get the reference)

I get your point, but it’s not that we log in only to repeat a daily and log out, we log in and while we may have a goal, like for example ascended gear, we don’t invest all of our gaming time into it, and won’t sacrifice real life activities for it either.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Korivs.7268

Korivs.7268

It is ok to do something stupid, making up loads of angry NPCs to attack you
It is ok to you move to a closest lower level player with the angry NPCs
It is ok when this disaster begin

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

It’s ok to have a real life next to GW2.

It’s ok to play other games (only for short durations and only to come crawling back to GW2).

It’s ok to use ranger’s LB#4 on the very same target that warrior is just trying to 100B. Not.

It’s ok to like ANet for actually doing a pretty good job with GW2.

It’s ok to sometimes not being ok.

It’s ok to write okay.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s ok to have 5 warriors

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

It's ok to be casual

Plautze.6290

It’s ok to have 5 warriors

Agreed.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I suppose it was just a matter of time before someone came into the thread to tell others how they, “should,” play the game.

It's ok to be casual

Plautze.6290

It’s okay to be that guy.

It’s okay to play GW2 even if that does sound like me.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It’s ok to go to dungeons or fractals with builds and classes that are what you enjoy playing first, and “optimal” second.

If those builds get your party killed it’s not ok.

Please remember that your rights end where someone’s else’s begins. Please don’t be a kitten.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

It’s okay to play with builds you make yourself.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I’m pretty casual, and I think gw2 is a good game fo being casual. I only miss being able to see the raids and their bosses though.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Its okay to troll lower leveled players…

ftfy so it represents what you really meant.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

It's ok to be casual

Dawnbreaker.6215

Please remember that your rights end where someone’s else’s begins. Please don’t be a kitten.

Hence why I said “optimal second”, as in theres still a line between creative builds and troll builds. Still, a noob in full zerk will kill your party faster than a noob in full soldiers.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s okay to leave a party that isn’t working for you.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Its ok to just be yourself. Even if sometimes that means you kill everything that moves, and other times you just run by it.

Its ok to completely shut off chat because you just don’t feel like being social while you play.

Its ok to go out of your way to collect every gathering node you see, be it wood, ore, or plant. Regardless of its worth, or lack of.

It is ok to stop what you’re doing and participate in every event you come across for no other reason than you enjoy doing so.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: scrumsome.7198

scrumsome.7198

Yeah? Well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Casual dude here – Who knows, I may log in a year or 2 down the road and see if this game has something new (outside of forced groupgettogetherasallothermmo) content.
If not? No biggie – I’ll just move along, still hoping this game will live for years.

It's ok to be casual

Stand The Wall.6987

its ok to hate gw2 only to realize other games are waaaay worse off. (cough cough eso procs)
its ok to enjoy open world pve
its ok to tell myself that its ok

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

It’s okay to love Tangled Depths. I mean, isn’kitten

It's ok to be casual

Leo G.4501

its ok to hate gw2 only to realize other games are waaaay worse off. (cough cough eso procs)

A philosophy I live by with all MMOs.

I think the main flaw with many MMO players is the loyalty they feel is necessary to get ahead in them. You can play 3 or 4 current MMOs and rotate them and be perfectly happy with the content stream. It’s when you rely on 1 MMO to satiate your hunger of content is when you exhibit the flaws of a brand loyalist: distrust in the developers, unrealistic expectations for content, xenophobic ideals of features (just because X game has A feature doesn’t mean Y game needs it; X game tried A feature and it failed so it will unequivically fail in Y game), apathy of advancement in general.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

It’s okay to play a sexy toon naked in PvP
:D

It's ok to be casual

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

aye, I was and still am to a degree guilty of this. there are certain hot buttons that can be avoided though that create a healthy competitive environment, and ill stop myself there.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Its fine to take the slow route in character and account progression. Especially when that’s what the game was designed around.

Its fine to step away from the game from time to time for other games. In my case, modded Minecraft; ironically, the current pack I’m playing was designed with an MMO feel added to it (TolkienCraft 2). Spent nearly two years on one Regrowth world save too…

Its fine to use a casual MMO as a ‘retirement’ from something a LOT more hardcore (i.e. Eve Online as your first combat MMO – a short stint on Travian doesn’t count).

Edit – Its fine to spend far too much time outfitting five Charr characters to be unique. [I also have most of a backstory for each of them.]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-zDeN8o6SKOWWdYczBsUXBjNTQ

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

It's ok to be casual

Leo G.4501

Edit – Its fine to spend far too much time outfitting five Charr characters to be unique. [I also have most of a backstory for each of them.]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-zDeN8o6SKOWWdYczBsUXBjNTQ

On all my Asura characters, I would indicate an irresitable attraction to female Charr XD

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s okay to love Tangled Depths. I mean, isn’kitten

It’s OK to smile at the kitten filter.

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s ok to relive the goonies in that jumping puzzle.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

• It’s okay to enjoy Dual Daggers and Dual Pistols

There is so much kitten poured over DD/PP like everywhere. But since I play this profession, I could never get used to anything else. Also, staff is terrible and has nothing to do with Thief; I can’t remember robbers and burglars wielding 2 Meter staves. Also, I enjoy the look and animations of PP/DD.

• It’s okay to call people Bookah several times a day in map chat.

When they ask what that means I just feel confirmed.

• It’s also okay to call people openly and disgustingly lazy for cheap teleports to everything

“MESMER FOR JP PLOX”, “TAXI TO EVENT PLZ” etc. Step up your game, this is not the welfare office.

• It’s also okay not to revive guys and gals that repeatedly attack enemies they can’t handle and it’s also okay to watch them die on an elevated spot and retry over and over just to get blown away in 3 hits again and again

…with popcorn.

• It’s okay to say the truth and getting infracted on the forums

And I am talking about equality here that it’s still not equal to force a pride march “for equality” but no hetero march. Infracted and removed.

• It’s okay not to use a single level-up item.

Leveling my thief to 80 was around 5 months, my engineer 6 months. It was a great journey and it still goes on, thanks to the “new” EXP bars.

• It’s okay to favour Asura everywhere, including to only revive Asura NPC or even Asura players first when I have to choose

Because this form of “racism” is more like favouring a special football team. I like A more than B and this is reflected in my behaviour. Simple, is not it. (<- Kitten filter)

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

It's ok to be casual

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

It’s ok to use your own build and not “Meta”

It’s ok to be dissatisfied with something that disappoints you

It’s ok to want a Quagan to be the new pact commander