It's still February but the monthly reset.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

I’ve been busy at my job but i’ve been chipping away at the monthly. I was planning on finishing today but…

…at 4pm pacific time, the monthly reset.

That is so not cool. Not only is February the shortest month on the calendar (for some stupid reason. yea lets make this month 28 days long, the rest 30 ohh and some even 31 days, but every 4 or 6 or whatever years we’ll make february 29 days long!)

But it’s not even the end of February yet and the “Monthly” for March already started. March btw is a 31 day month. On earth where I live March doesn’t start for 4 more hours and the daily’s don’t reset for 16 hours from now. March monthly should start in March.

everyone chant with me:

March Monthly Should Start in March.

LOUDER, I can’t hear the lurkers in the back:

MARCH MONTHLY SHOULD RESET IN MARCH!!!

Why did you reset the monthly before the month ended? I wasn’t finished with the month of February’s monthly achievements. It’s still February, I should still have time to complete what I started.
——
TLDR: Scroll up to beginning of OP.

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I’ve been in March for 16 hours already.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

You time travelers need stronger restrictions..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

You mean Australians?

Grizledorf.5290

That’s great for you. I play on a West Coast server, it’s still February officially on the server I play on.

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

Monthlies and dailies reset at 0:00 UTC, which for US west coast is 4:00pm PST. So, we are in March for all servers.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

Monthlies and Dailies have always revolved around GMT, not PST. If you didn’t know, I’m sorry :/ Otherwise you should have seen this coming. It’ll help for the coming month to know at least.

Grizledorf.5290

Monthlies and dailies reset at 0:00 UTC, which for US west coast is 4:00pm PST. So, we are in March for all servers.

I’VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF UTC UNTIL YOU JUST TAUGHT ME ABOUT IT.

I stand by what I said,

Resetting the Monthly before the First of the Month of March was

So Not cool.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

You mean Australians?

NO! Just No!!! It’s Kiwi time travellerssssss

Grizledorf.5290

Monthlies and Dailies have always revolved around GMT, not PST. If you didn’t know, I’m sorry :/ Otherwise you should have seen this coming. It’ll help for the coming month to know at least.

Why would a USA/west coast server reset when the time changes in London England.

I wasn’t done with my monthly.

Grizledorf.5290

BTw for all of us who never cared about the monthly before you added laurels we didn’t care when the monthly reset. A little heads up would have been So So nice of you to provide.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I stand by what I said,

So Not cool.

But they didn’t reset it before the first of March. They reset it on March 1st UTC (which stands for coordinated UNIVERSAL time). They can’t make it reset for everyone in different time zones at the same time. They have to pick one. Many games, including Guild Wars 2, use this time.

It’s unfortunate that you missed the monthly. Surely this isn’t the first time I’ve seen posts like this. But if they wait to reset it for you at your time, it wouldn’t reset for some other people until March 2nd.

It’s a lesson for future months for sure.

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Valuable life lesson

Attachments:

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Posted by: Zolihan.8674

Zolihan.8674

I stand by what I said,

So Not cool.

Actually I thought it was very cool. I wasn’t expecting to start doing the monthly until the 2nd of March, due to Australians always getting things the day after.

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

I stand by what I said,

So Not cool.

They cannot have individual server time for every player in the world, depending on where he/she lives. And if they chose a server time based on pacific standard time, people in Australia would complain “why hasn’t the new monthly already started, it is already March for half a day and the monthly is still the one for February?”

So the best thing they could do was to base the server time on UTC, which is called “coordinated UNIVERSAL time” for a reason, it is a world wide time standard.

Also, +1 to the player above who posted that leaving monthlies (or pretty much ANYTHING with a time limit) until the last day is a bad idea. That’s just risky. What would have happened if your internet provider had trouble today?

Grizledorf.5290

I stand by what I said,

So Not cool.

They cannot have individual server time for every player in the world, depending on where he/she lives. And if they chose a server time based on pacific standard time, people in Australia would complain “why hasn’t the new monthly already started, it is already March for half a day and the monthly is still the one for February?”

So the best thing they could do was to base the server time on UTC, which is called “coordinated UNIVERSAL time” for a reason, it is a world wide time standard.

Also, +1 to the player above who posted that leaving monthlies (or pretty much ANYTHING with a time limit) until the last day is a bad idea. That’s just risky. What would have happened if your internet provider had trouble today?

I wouldn’t have sweated it because in my head i’d still be thinking:

“It will be ok, It’s still February, I still have time to do the achievements for the month of February’s Monthly achievements”

Then I would dial them up in an outrage and express my dissatisfaction with my service and demand satisfaction.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Why does this thing keep popping up very single month. Finish your monthly a few days before the month ends. Don’t procrastinate so much.

Grizledorf.5290

Why does this thing keep popping up very single month. Finish your monthly a few days before the month ends. Don’t procrastinate so much.

Opening sentence of original post read something like:

“I’ve been busy at my job but have been chipping away at the monthly all month long”

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

My statement still stand. You have to plan the finish your monthly a few days before the monthly ends in case of unforseen circumstances.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

dailies reset everyday at 4:00 PST, have you never wondered why?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I always look forward to these posts at the turn of every month.

Posted by: Darkwolf.6291

Darkwolf.6291

On earth where I live March doesn’t start for 4 more hours and the daily’s don’t reset for 16 hours from now.

I love the ignorance displayed in this post. Love it.

Anyway, there are many, MANY timezones around the Earth. You live in one of them. Server monthly/daily resets are based on UTC (which is NOT London time, despite what others may think).

UTC is very close to GMT. GMT is not London time, which has a daylight savings offset (GMT has no DST). UTC has leap-second adjustments, GMT does not. However, most people don’t worry about that, and just think that UTC = GMT = London time. It’s close enough for most things.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

You mean Australians?

New nickname for Australia:

• Land of the Future
“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

That’s great for you. I play on a West Coast server, it’s still February officially on the server I play on.

Well… Your February monthlies would have started at 4pm pacific time on January 31st. You had the same amount of time to do the monthlies as everyone else.

~Tarnished Coast~

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

There’s an important lesson to learn here… the world does not revolve around your timezone :o.

For future references, it’s best to do your monthly at least a day before and remember that the server time can be different from yours.

Of course… you could try reversing time by spinning the earth the other way around, but once you reverse the earth’s rotation, it’s going to keep on rotating… and the world will be in ruins due to the reversed spin since everyone lost count of time and kittens will begin raining down on everyone.

Posted by: Zelkai.3562

Zelkai.3562

I’m just sad that the monthlies don’t reset based on the timezone you happen to be in. I had thought I had until March 1st (which in my timezone is tomorrow), and was going to do the last dungeon today with my friends so that we wouldn’t have to pug it. I only had one left to do to finish my monthlies and since I don’t have much time to play, this really chafed me raw. Both myself and my friends in New Zealand thought it would be reset based on PST and planned around that. ._.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Why would a USA/west coast server reset when the time changes in London England.

I wasn’t done with my monthly.

Because Trahearne has an English accent and this is HIS game.

Posted by: Oogabooga.9138

Oogabooga.9138

I was only 2 dungeon runs away from finishing my (1st?) monthly, since I started in beta. I spent the last 3 days trying to get in 5 runs and it was a horrible experience. This is running CoF, AC, and CM on a 80 exotic mesmer and/or a 65 well equipped thief (no MF!).

Forming a full group was harder than I thought, even using a couple guildies if you can find any that want to do a dungeon. I found no one communicates and was surprised how many didn’t know what to do. Even when questions were asked, no one says anything.

I guess the zerg groups that always run these in 15-30 mins. making 5-7 gold a run must be few and far between. All I saw were frustrated groups, dropped or dead toons or only certain classes allowed. It’s almost like everyone in this game was told not to talk to strangers??

3 days for 3 dungeons…um no thanks. Atleast I really tried to finish my monthy, but never again. Total waste of time for maybe a profit of a couple silver after all the repairs and traveling….Thankfully alts are still semi-entertaining for now.

Posted by: Wesley Of Florin.2150

Wesley Of Florin.2150

I was only 2 dungeon runs away from finishing my (1st?) monthly, since I started in beta. I spent the last 3 days trying to get in 5 runs and it was a horrible experience. This is running CoF, AC, and CM on a 80 exotic mesmer and/or a 65 well equipped thief (no MF!).

Forming a full group was harder than I thought, even using a couple guildies if you can find any that want to do a dungeon. I found no one communicates and was surprised how many didn’t know what to do. Even when questions were asked, no one says anything.

I guess the zerg groups that always run these in 15-30 mins. making 5-7 gold a run must be few and far between. All I saw were frustrated groups, dropped or dead toons or only certain classes allowed. It’s almost like everyone in this game was told not to talk to strangers??

3 days for 3 dungeons…um no thanks. Atleast I really tried to finish my monthy, but never again. Total waste of time for maybe a profit of a couple silver after all the repairs and traveling….Thankfully alts are still semi-entertaining for now.

Of course this entire thread was amusing, but this statement (bolded above) was the best so far. Last I checked it was 28 days for 5 dungeons?

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

All of the dailies reset at 0:00 GMT too…

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

As has been the case since launch. All dailies, monthlies and WvW matches reset at 0:00 UTC.

Posted by: akronymx.6173

akronymx.6173

I am equally frustrated with the “no heads up”, continual “lack of consideration”, sometimes “beginning things late”, other times “beginning things too early (this post)”, inconsistency of the game. I had everything, but perhaps 100 salvages to complete and was proceeding to the BLTC when I noticed the monthly reset (IN FEBRUARY). BTW put Lionguard Lyns back where she was and stop messing around with it. A few of my friends already stopped playing GW2 and I don’t want to be one of them.