It's the little things...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

One of the things I love in this game is when I’m swimming along on the surface of the water, looking at the reflections and surface effects, and then I dive down and it all changes, all the blurry shapes under me are suddenly clear and bright and it’s like I’m in a different world.

It’s especially nice when there’s a big contrast between the two. For example earlier today I was swimming along the river in Archen Foreland in Bloodtide Coast, heading out towards Sorrowful Sound to mine some gold. It was grey and rainy above the surface, then I dove underwater and suddenly I’m in peaceful waters with bright, colourful reefs and a humpback whale in the distance.

It’s a very small thing in the grand scheme of things. But it makes me smile every time I do it and reminds me how beautiful this gameworld is.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

One of the things I love in this game is when I’m swimming along on the surface of the water, looking at the reflections and surface effects, and then I dive down and it all changes, all the blurry shapes under me are suddenly clear and bright and it’s like I’m in a different world.

It’s especially nice when there’s a big contrast between the two. For example earlier today I was swimming along the river in Archen Foreland in Bloodtide Coast, heading out towards Sorrowful Sound to mine some gold. It was grey and rainy above the surface, then I dove underwater and suddenly I’m in peaceful waters with bright, colourful reefs and a humpback whale in the distance.

It’s a very small thing in the grand scheme of things. But it makes me smile every time I do it and reminds me how beautiful this gameworld is.

I agree with you, but I have a different version.

One of the things I hate in this game is when I’m swimming along on the surface of the water, looking at myself with no skillbar, and then I could not dive down and activate any skills, because all the enemies above and under me used immobilize and my skills are just not there to remove conditions and it’s like I’m definitely dead in a different world.

It’s especially nice when there’s a big contrast between the two. For example earlier today I was swimming along the lake in Red Borderland in World vs World, heading out towards Dreaming Bay to join the zerg. I could not use any skills above the surface, then I dove underwater and suddenly I’m there with all my underwater skills, aquabreather and tons of autoattacks in the distance.

It’s a very small thing in the grand scheme of things. But it makes me frown every time I do it and reminds me how broken this gameworld is.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The random NPC chatter makes me chuckle occasionally.

“Your mom is so dumb she thinks ‘elemental’ is four letters in the middle of the alphabet.”

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

One of my favorite “little things” in the game are the children. No matter where you are, there are kids running around. The most obvious is the snowball fight in Wayfarers, but there are younglings of every race in almost ever town, and they all seem to be playing. Some of them have the most hilarious conversations.

Level 80 Elementalist