It seems to be working well from my view !!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

I was one of the more vocal and first to complain about Gold Seller Spam. I got a forum warning about one of my threads on that topic.

So today I would like to give credit where due. I see positive results on my end. In the past week and a bit I have seen one ingame mail advert where before I was getting 5+ a day. In the past week and a half I have seen only 2 Gold Seller spams both in LA.

Kudos on the Gold Spammer Effort ANet as I am quite happy with what I am seeing not seeing.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Same here. I haven’t had a spam e-mail in about a week. I have gone into Lion’s Arch multiple times and didn’t have a single chat spammer to report/block. I also noticed in the Dev Tracker that about 3000 bots have been smote.

Kudos indeed!

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

I rarely see something in chat now and I only get ~1 e-mail / day.. so, yes it’s much better

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Well I don’t see ANet waving a “mission accomplished” banner around, so my guess is that they’re still working on it. I appreciated hearing some progress was being made.
Edited by Moderator: Off-topic

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: robber.4613

robber.4613

Now that you mention it, yeah the spam is very minimal now, great job anet!

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

Tell that to the 3 mails I have from gold sellers that I can’t delete…

Legate of the Legion.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I haven’t seen any spammers in a while now and I think I got 1 email in the last week- great job
it makes a huge difference in my playing experience.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I’ve gone from recieving maybe 3 or 4 spam emails per session, to perhaps 1 every few days. Havent had one for a while now. Good work Anet, youre doing something right somewhere

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in terms of the emails and the chat spam. I also think it’s really important that we acknowledge these improvements. There’s still a long way to go in terms of the bots, but they are making progress and that’s a good thing.

/cheer ArenaNet

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I was logging on every day to a mailbox full of gold spam. The improvement this week is very noticeable. Keep it up, Anet!

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

one step at a time guys.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I still receive one or two per day.

I sometimes report them, but that message that pops up saying saying “Hey, dont just go around reporting people because if you do, we’ll ban you instead”…sort of deters me from doing it to every single spam email I get.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I sometimes report them, but that message that pops up saying saying “Hey, dont just go around reporting people because if you do, we’ll ban you instead”…sort of deters me from doing it to every single spam email I get.

Now that is just silly- Anet clearly asked us to report goldsellers- what on earth makes you think you will be banned for doing so?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

The message is to deter those who would intentionally report someone for false purposes. If you can see “spam” then report them you have nothing to worry about in doing that.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I turn in every PM I get offerring gold. But, yeah..come to think of it…have only had one this week.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

Spam does seem to be down a bit. Now I hope they turn their attention on the bots. I reported about a dozen yesterday. I feel like there should be an achievement for bot reporting!

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout