Item Change Request: Brewmaster's Backpack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

In a few months players will be able to get this back item.

I kindly request from ArenaNet to change this item looks. Please make it a single big barrel pooring beer from a tap on one side. It’s much more fun to wear on character’s back a big barrel filled with beer, instead of the item you created (ugly in my opinion, but this is probably just my opinion).

If you are a player, and you like/dislike this item as it looks now, please reply as fast as possible to make a feedback for ArenaNet. Please note: in 7 months many players will start receiving this reward, so it’s better to act now, giving time for design if you desire a change.

Thank you all for understanding. Any constructive feedback is welcome.

EDIT: Link to current skin: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brewmaster's_Backpack_Skin

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I like how it is. I also don’t judge anything until I see it in game. A picture doesn’t do what in game looks like for me.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It matches the other crafting backpacks. /shrug

What I would not wear is a big barrel with a tap on one side. (Sorry, just my opinion.)

Good luck.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agree with the OP, it is ugly and really not very much different to the other gazillion crafting backs we already have which 90% of never see a use, the barrel on the back does sound far more unique and would look funny imo, as it is I will never use the current design.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I don’t like its look either and I would find your version much funnier to see around than the one in the picture (also since I find it even too similar to the other backpacks).

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I dunno about that picture, but doesn’t the brewmaster himself wear the backitem?

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

Serious question! Can I still get this backpack if I buy the Brew of the moth membership late? This is the first time I heard of this. I want it so bad now and since I’m a Beer aficionado it makes me want even more.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Serious question! Can I still get this backpack if I buy the Brew of the moth membership late? This is the first time I heard of this. I want it so bad now and since I’m a Beer aficionado it makes me want even more.

Yes, you can. You’ll start about three months behind, but it is still doable.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I am not really a fan of thse shelve backpacks.
They just don’t feel right carried into battle.
As we aren’t brewing these ourselves, it doesn’t really make sense as a crafting backpack.

Then again we wield things that are weird anyway, so yeah…

I remember Warhammer Online having a similiar item but a (subjective) better design:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kadsik.9281

Kadsik.9281

I Agree with Op, I would like to see it changed into something like the mead keg backpack skyrim mod.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

If you don’t like it you should not just buy it.
If enough people did that then maybe you’d get someone to ask what you do want and get the barrel. All the in-game reporting however will suggest you liked it enough to buy into it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Its a Brewmaster backpiece. Not the Beermaster. a giant keg of beer ignores all the other brews and possibilities of the BREWmaster, such as mead, wines, distilled spirits, etc

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

If you don’t like it you should not just buy it.
If enough people did that then maybe you’d get someone to ask what you do want and get the barrel. All the in-game reporting however will suggest you liked it enough to buy into it.

I just get it for the heck of it, however I didn’t know that thing was in it.

Somehow it was advertised as something very special, not a simple time gated skin.

At least there is some nice flavour text.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I believe you also get a special decoration for your GH as well. So, its not just the backpack skin.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eldvin_Monastery_VIP_Package

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Agree with OP…. the current skin is absolutely ugly and I am not a fan of MANY of the crafting backpack skins with all the SHELVES and overly awkward dimensions.

It genuinely doesn’t look right and gives off a distasteful vibe; something more cylindrical in shape would be preferred; a large keg, barrel etc deems much more fitting.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I prefer the current design to the OP’s suggestion, which sounds like it would be very large (meaning it’d get in the way a lot) and would look quite plain.

I also think the current design suits the theme better. To my mind a brewmaster would carry a selection of different drinks for different occasions (or simply variety) rather than a huge barrel of one kind.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’ll keep my opinion as to whether I like the design or not to myself as it isn’t relevant to my point here.

I’d like to know why it is a crafting back item. We aren’t crafting the beer, we are receiving already brewed beer and simply tasting it. So why is my reward something that a brewmaster would want. I don’t know about anybody else, but I know that when I go out beer tasting, I certainly don’t carry around distills, hops, barley, etc.. This achievement isn’t about becoming a brewmaster, it is about sampling beers from around the world. I just don’t get the logic here.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.