Its time

Its time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Anet, with love

Please give all the classes new weapons. We love this game and try to love the constant trait changes and nerfs and buffs, but you are working with one hand tied behind your back and people are getting more annoyed than you realize. Open up more weapon selection, which can open build diversity, THEN make traits changed/work as seen fit. There are simply too many limitations right now to make it work correctly. Engis have no proper melee, Thieves are forced to use Daggers, Necro is a mess (according to forums). Guard and War are fine for the most part. Mesmer is great (this is heavily debated btw). Elemenalist is in a good place, but they really need another weapon, and an HP buff. Guards have Low hp but high defenses, and the other light armor classes have illusions/stealth and a 2nd health bar… ele has nothing.

Oh yea, and please add a Ranger class to this game.

-Tyr

Its time

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

fyi rangers are in the game

Its time

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you think that, you haven’t played one .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Its time

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Every time I mention GW2 and someone knows what I’m talking about I always hear the same thing.

“Yeah, I felt like the combat was really the best, but even after a year my class feels exactly the same.”

I’m sure we’ll see a lot of returning friends if we ever get a patch that adds at least one new weapon to every class.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Its time

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

There’s only 1 new weapon I want…claw weapons. Why? Think about it, HAND TO HAND COMBAT. Besides, being able to punch somebody in the face would be awesome.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Its time

Azure.8670

There is no ranger in this game. Closest thing we have to a Ranger is a Thief or Warrior using an Ember

Its time

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

agreed but idk about warriors I feel they are not on par with many classes in wvw even the ‘ranger’ with all those evades warrior has to either bash your face in get beat to a bloody pulp or run not much sustained fighting against anyone who knows their class as a warrior

Its time

Azure.8670

Warrior in Soldier/Cav is so hard to deal with for every class. Im not saying theyre an auto win, but they are always down for a good fight and have the mobility to disengage and regroup/re equip which is awesome

Its time

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I’ve had a ranger main since starting GW2 and have had no issues in fights both close range and distance.

Yes, the ranger lacks in some aspects, the pet can be buggy and Anet keeps nerfing us, but we work.

I seriously don’t understand the negativity towards the ranger class. We work amazingly in PvE, PvP, and WvW.

I work fine in a dungeon (yes, other classes can be more efficient, but we do work) and can zerg in WvW with the best of the other classes and have my pet and I survive through it.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Its time

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Why do you want new weapons?

They couldn’t balance the ones currently ingame and you ask for more?

nothing’s gonna change… the meta will still be the fastest 130 range power based weapon for all classes with zerk stats everywhere… So why more options in a game that doesn’t support class and build variety?

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Its time

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Grats OP for derailing your own thread with more Ranger moaning.

You’re not helping my Guardian get his rifle.

Hell, maybe he’ll get a longbow and be a better ranger than you Rangers too.

Its time

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Is there any doubt that Longbow + Virtues would be more effective than Longbow + Dead Pile of Polygons?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Its time

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

There is no ranger in this game. Closest thing we have to a Ranger is a Thief or Warrior using an Ember

Maybe Anet really meant forest rangers? Ones with uniforms.. Oh wait.. They have guns.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Its time

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I’d say fix pet AI but that will never happen. But hey, we have cash shop shinies to distract us from the mess.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Its time

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I’ve had a ranger main since starting GW2 and have had no issues in fights both close range and distance.

Yes, the ranger lacks in some aspects, the pet can be buggy and Anet keeps nerfing us, but we work.

I seriously don’t understand the negativity towards the ranger class. We work amazingly in PvE, PvP, and WvW.

I work fine in a dungeon (yes, other classes can be more efficient, but we do work) and can zerg in WvW with the best of the other classes and have my pet and I survive through it.

Just because you stay alive in dungeons and WvW doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be better served by a viable class. I would pick any class over ranger to add to my zerg, and that’s a problem for the class.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Its time

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The reason the ranger is the only class I haven’t played is because it seems like every other hunter class from any other mmo. Ranged attacking, with a pet soaking dmg or doing dmg…a melee ranger would just seem funny to me.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Its time

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Is there any doubt that Longbow + Virtues would be more effective than Longbow + Dead Pile of Polygons?

Depends if A-net made it so that down the road, a ranger got to pick between a pet and preparations from guildwars 1 as the class mechanic. Though if those are added i imagine theyd be utility skills if that were the case the ranger would blow the Long bow guardian concept out of the water, though i personally would rather have the guardian get a javelin as a throwback to paragon (though i wouldnt mind both).

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)