Just..not..funny!

Just..not..funny!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rubendorff.7140

Rubendorff.7140

Time to add something to this debate: We can probably all agree that opinions are precious. As are options. However, is it a requirement to have the options present which match your opinions? Just because a person is entitled to his or her opinion, doesn’t mean others are forced to accept it. Nor should every option be open. http://www.nambla.org/ , an extreme example, but it should get my point through. There’s no “objective truth” to reach here, you don’t like Bobbleheads, others do. And to those believing they’re being forced to do anything, concider this: You do have an option. Your option is to close the game :P

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

So not only rude but also lazy mode executed.
GG, the only armour that was working fine with charrs now clips too.

Attachments:

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So much QQ. Just relax and enjoy the 1 day holiday. :o

at least you weren’t gender swapped. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wow….just wow.

I have yet to see anyone give a valid reason this is causing any hindrance to actual gameplay (borderline mental disorders and lack of humor is NOT an actual hindrance).

It appears they have been removed already, I just logged in and all the heads are normal. At least on my end.

There appears to be some trigger mechanism with zoning that turns them back on. I think it’s awesome (both in visuals and monitoring the uber-over-reactions of some players….absolutely unbelievable).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I think this is hysterical. People don’t have any sense of humor any more……

I agree

I don’t see how this has given people headaches but then again im not questioning that

what I don’t understand is why people are soo angry about it

im assuming most of these people did not play guildwars 1 because those who did would have expected a April fools joke

The Bobbleheads are not exactly funny per se but more a case of just something silly to cause amusement
and it works I’ve had many a chuckle this morning running around with one
its simply a one day prank and a minor one at that
but I agree that people have a very diminished sense of humor these days
this does not break gameplay at all as far as I can see and re logging turns it off
the only valid complain I’ve seen is that WvW cannot be played without it.. but again its just one day people its not a big deal..

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It’s for 1 day you’re crying making it sound like this is a permanent feature. Go outside or do something else.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Rebel.5827

Rebel.5827

You guys realize you can relog right and the effect is removed

I tried that and it didn’t work for me.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I see some claiming motion sickness, etc…..I have to ask if you these people are actually PLAYING the game zoomed all the way in like in first person view? I can see that being an issue with the head movement, but WHY on green earth would you play like that? You loose all positional information of the world around you….you have been playing the entire game handicapped…shrug

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Thief (Eidos game) game has an april fools joke that was no doubt put in by a disgruntled employee. Everyone saves seem like they are broke, you try to leave the clock tower and it puts you right back in, or you are put in a loop where you can leave an area or your saves are reverted back to a previous chapter. Changing the windows clock to April 8th fixes the problem though.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Bokatisha.4172

Bokatisha.4172

ANet does something EVERY YEAR for April Fool’s. If you weren’t prepared, or planned to film something today, you aren’t very observant. The year we were all Gwen-Chan. Or theyear we were all stick figures. Don’t plan to do something serious in GW on April Fool’s. That’s like complaining about wanting to film a normal scene in LA on Halloween. Not him a happen. Wait a day, get a nice meal tonight, and you can go back to being a fuddy-duddy tomorrow.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It appears they have been removed already, I just logged in and all the heads are normal. At least on my end.

That’s sad…didn’t even last 12 hours. I hope all of the QQers die as virgins (at a ripe old age, of course, after living a moderately happy sex-free life).

Nevermind, it was just on my end. Going to another zone fixed it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Jeez! People whining about an April Fools prank?
Get over yourselves – the joke’s on you!

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Hmmm.

Well, I probably would not do a jumping puzzle today but it’s just a joke for a single day. I think I can live with skipping jps for a day so that people can enjoy a good laugh. It’s only one day and it’s kind of tradition that ANet does something funny and annoying on this day – glad they kept it up.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I remember the year in GW1 when our character(s) was changed to the opposite gender for April Fool’s. It was… interesting.

I understand that today’s bobblehead prank will just be for one day and I accept that. However, the irony for me is that after taking a break from the game for a week or two, I’ve recently felt that “GW2 kick” again and have been playing this game a lot the last two days.

Still feeling that kick, now is the worst time for me to have to stay away from the game for even a day, yet that’s exactly what I’m ending up having to do.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Hmmm.

Well, I probably would not do a jumping puzzle today but it’s just a joke for a single day. I think I can live with skipping jps for a day so that people can enjoy a good laugh. It’s only one day and it’s kind of tradition that ANet does something funny and annoying on this day – glad they kept it up.

I’ve done jumping puzzles with no problems today.
I don’t understand why this seems to be so debilitating to some people.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hmmm.

I’ve done jumping puzzles with no problems today.
I don’t understand why this seems to be so debilitating to some people.

Because they choose it to be.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Maybe you could just log off today and come back tomorrow if you hate it so much. One day w/o GW2 won’t kill you

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

It’s just for one day…
If it makes dungeon running or pvp/wvwing that difficult for you then try to enjoy the effect while it lasts by taking screens or fighting open world bosses for added ridiculousness. Soak it in while you still can; even if it’s annoying for you, keep in mind that something like this isn’t going to happen again.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

My bear has something to say

Attachments:

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Wow….just wow.

I have yet to see anyone give a valid reason this is causing any hindrance to actual gameplay (borderline mental disorders and lack of humor is NOT an actual hindrance).

There appears to be some trigger mechanism with zoning that turns them back on. I think it’s awesome (both in visuals and monitoring the uber-over-reactions of some players….absolutely unbelievable).

So even the April Fool’s prank is buggy. What a surprise.

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

It’s only for 24 hours and a GW tradition that most players enjoy. It a great joke that in many cases the developers create on their own time.

I personally want an Endless Bobble Head tonic.

Good Job Anet you got me on this one. Totally unexpected and the programming for the head to actually bobble is amazing!

Just..not..funny!

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since there has been very little constructive feedback in this thread, it is being closed.

Please remember to be respectful of one another when posting. You can be critical and offer your opinions & suggestions, but we ask that you keep the rude comments out of your feedback.

Thank you!