Jade Shard and Orchid Seed Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m finally forcing myself to get the legendary trinket and noticed the drop rate for Jade Shards and Fire Orchid Seeds are really really really low. Like really low… The Fire Orchid Seed has an abysmal drop rate btw… Can we please up the rate these items drop from nodes? Please?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You think that either of those have a worse drop rate than bloodstone ruby?

On the face of it, I’m inclined to believe this is more of a perception issue rather than of differing drops rates. I’d like to see some decent data from more than a few people with results from at least 20-40 nodes.

Winterberries drop faster but you need twice as many as anything else. Another thing influencing perception of drop rate is that it’s harder to find a good farm for orchids and shards — shards appear in clusters of 2-3 far apart from each other (sometimes very far); orchid “trees” are plentiful, but aren’t clustered either. Pearls drop from oysters more easily, but that’s because we only get one whack per node.

tl;dr maybe you’re right, Swagger, but without data, I’m not convinced. (And since ANet has actual data at their finger tips, I think it would take more than just the assertion of a few people to get them to revisit this.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Guess it is simply rng.
Got 14 seeds out of 7 trees then nothing.

As for bloodstone Crystal, they should at least add vendors like the other zones, to allow players to get at least 12/15 granted shards a day.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

If you can’t get enough orchids, just do the heart quests. You can buy a bunch of 3 with karma from each heart vendor. Rinse and repeat with alts.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I tend to get on average maybe a little more than one Orchid or Shard per node so I’m not sure the drop rate is that much of a problem. 5 Fire Orchid Seeds can be traded in for a Fire Orchid at the unbound magic vendor in Draconis Mons.

Doing map completion in these zones gives 5 Orchids or Shards as applicable (and an exotic) so if you’re running through on multiple days then make sure you get the Portal Scrolls and run a different alt through each day (assuming you have alts).

As onevstheworld says the heart quests allow you to buy up to 3 per character and the zone cap allows you to harvest more nodes than one character can do in a single map so if you’re farming nodes you may as well do those too.

I’d also advise you to buy the home instance nodes, they give 3 of each every day (or 5 in the case of Winterberries and 9 in the case of Orrian Pearls). Which adds up quite quickly.

Posted by: Treize.3578

Treize.3578

If you can’t get enough orchids, just do the heart quests. You can buy a bunch of 3 with karma from each heart vendor. Rinse and repeat with alts.

Not the Orchids are the problem. Orchid Seeds are a p.i.t.a.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

You kidding me.. the blood and Orchard was very quick to get… the Pet.wood burl have been a right joke.. its the last one i need and still cant find it

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

ExplaIn how to get around 20 bloodstone in 20 min with 1 toon please. Orchids Hearts and random gathering is around 20 of em daily/20 min.

RNG on mining sometimes does not pay.
More than sometimes tbh.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Jade Shards drop very good imho, also there is the priestess thingy during the night and the mini dungeon where you can get another 8 or so.

Fire Orchid Seeds dropped good for me, had more than enough during the henge backpack thingy. The real problem are only the Bloodstone Rubies. I am glad I finally finished Aurora and don’t have to go through this ordeal again

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I haven’t noticed those items with particularly low drop rates. Bloodstone Rubies however, are terrible. I wouldn’t mind seeing that drop rate increased.